or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Where is Apple's live stream?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Apple's live stream?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Afaik the announcement of the new iPad and iOS is happening at this very moment. But, unlike with dozens of previous new product announcements, I can't find the live stream.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?
post #2 of 9
Because there isn't one. Because they don't do that. They did it in the 90s and they've tried it recently, but it hasn't worked out.

It will be posted later this evening.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because they don't do that.

Huh? Where did you get that idea?
I've seen Jobs do it live dozens of times. Especially in this century! The last time he did it he announced the 4S like that! Or have you already forgotten that too?
And after a couple dozen of those live announcements "one more thing" you say they've decided to not do it anymore "because it doesn't work"...? That doesn't make sense.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

Huh? Where did you get that idea?
I've seen Jobs do it – live – dozens of times.

From five to seven, I believe. Not "dozens".

Quote:
The last time he did it he announced the 4S like that! Or have you already forgotten that too?

It's entirely possible that I have. But I just searched and no such thing seems to have happened. If you have a link to anywhere talking about an official Apple live stream for that event, I'd be glad to hear it.

Quote:
And after a couple dozen of those live announcements

Again, it was not even a single dozen.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Even if it had been 'only' a dozen times your 'explanation' still doesn't make sense: they would have decided after 1 or 2 times that it didn't work for them, and stopped doing it. But they didn't. They kept going. They launched – LIVE – all of the iPhone and iPad iterations to date for instance. So it doesn't make sense that they suddenly wouldn't do it now anymore.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

They launched LIVE all of the iPhone and iPad iterations to date for instance.

No, they HAVEN'T. That's just not true at all.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
You must have been under some rock then.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

You must have been under some rock then.

I know for a fact that Apple has NOT live-streamed every iPhone and iPad event. I know this for a fact. You are WRONG. They have not done multiple dozens of live streams, even within the last decade.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

You must have been under some rock then.

No, Tallest Skill is right. They don't stream a live feed. They let you download it later in iTunes or stream it from apple.com later. If you want to see this live, you need to go to the event site at Yerba Buena Center.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Where is Apple's live stream?