or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple teases there is 'a lot to look forward to' in 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple teases there is 'a lot to look forward to' in 2012 - Page 3

post #81 of 84
If Ivy Bridge is released in April and Apple adopts it three months later then that's about 5 months time. And if Ivy Bridge is an Intel 'tick' release and unlikely to be significantly faster than Sandy Bridge - then maybe I wont bother waiting.
post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2012 View Post

If Ivy Bridge is released in April and Apple adopts it three months later then that's about 5 months time.

Except Apple won't be adopting it "three months later". They'll do it within a month of the launch date.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chip release date is just for in-store purchases. Manufacturers get the chips in advance of that date.

Quote:
And if Ivy Bridge is an Intel 'tick' release and unlikely to be significantly faster than Sandy Bridge

It's shown to have been. You'll have to wait for the computers to come out and see. Though why you'd bother buying a current Mac is beyond me. Do you really want to be saddled with an optical drive for seven years?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #83 of 84
These are some dates I've taken form Wikipedia and Apple History:

Sandy Bridge First Release Date: January 9, 2011;
Imac (Sandy Bridge, Mid 2011) Introduced: May 2011
Mac Mini (Sandy Bridge Mid 2011) Intoduced July 2011
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2012 View Post

These are some dates I've taken form Wikipedia and Apple History:

Sandy Bridge First Release Date: January 9, 2011;
Imac (Sandy Bridge, Mid 2011) Introduced: May 2011
Mac Mini (Sandy Bridge Mid 2011) Intoduced July 2011

Of course the February update of the MBP was done w/chips that came out the same month. It was 13 months between updates for the Mini and Apple usually stays on a roughly yearly update pattern. It was 10 months for the MBP. Decisions are made on a product by product basis. If Apple thinks a certain line needs refreshed pronto, they will. I don't think the Mini will be a "We must update this one pronto!" b/c honestly the Mini works very well and does what it needs to do. They also sell a lot less desktop units.

We'll see the notebooks updated very quickly once Intel releases something new and as long as it has been for the MP, I think after the New iPad has finished its initial rollout on the 23rd we can start keeping an eye out for MP updates.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple teases there is 'a lot to look forward to' in 2012