or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Verizon will support Personal Hotspot with 4G LTE iPad at launch, AT&T won't
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Verizon will support Personal Hotspot with 4G LTE iPad at launch, AT&T won't - Page 2

post #41 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

Are you genuinely inquiring or just being purposefully confrontational? I couldn't quite tell.

I did acknowledge that LTE capabilities on both models are different. Therefore, there's really no need to point out that the Verizon LTE model doesn't operate at 2100 MHz. As long as the CDMA network you want to connect to operates at either 800 or 1900 MHz, you'll be good to go. How are you going to connect an AT&T iPad to a CDMA network in Canada? It offers no CDMA connectivity at all! The more I think about it, you sound like someone who is just a wee bit pissy because they chose not to review specs for both options before making their purchase, therefore, making a truly uninformed decision. I was merely stating (in so many words) that the Verizon model iPad could also operate "outside of the country".

Please tell me, what exactly do you believe your new AT&T iPad will be able to do that a new Verizon iPad will not? Explain THAT in detail for ME.

You wrote, "In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has..." then followed it up with a snarky "Don't believe it? Verizon wins." I merely pointed out you are axiomatically wrong as the AT&T iPad has the 2100MHz spectrum that the Verizon iPad does not.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #42 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You wrote, "In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has..." then followed it up with a snarky "Don't believe it? Verizon wins." I merely pointed out you are axiomatically wrong as the AT&T iPad has the 2100MHz spectrum that the Verizon iPad does not.

How nice of you to cut my sentence off at a point that conveniently changes the takeaway message, for the sake of your argument. I do believe an accurate quote of what I said was more like:

"In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network."

I get it now. It bothered you that I said, "Verizon wins." and you chose an AT&T model iPad. Well now, that explains everything. I am truly sorry to have rained on your parade. I was only trying to point out that, for worldwide roaming, you would have been fine choosing the Verizon model, too.

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply
post #43 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

How nice of you to cut my sentence off at a point that conveniently changes the takeaway message, for the sake of your argument. I do believe an accurate quote of what I said was more like:

"In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network."

I get it now. It bothered you that I said, "Verizon wins." and you chose an AT&T model iPad. Well now, that explains everything. I am truly sorry to have rained on your parade. I was only trying to point out that, for worldwide roaming, you would have been fine choosing the Verizon model, too.

Based on your conclusion it reads like you read the tech specs incorrectly, hence my query. Again how does Verizon win when it has less cellular connectivity options than the AT&T model? Personally I'd consider it a moot point and the the user should should the network that works best in their area(s), but that's me.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #44 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Based on your conclusion it reads like you read the tech specs incorrectly, hence my query. Again how does Verizon win when it has less cellular connectivity options than the AT&T model? Personally I'd consider it a moot point and the the user should should the network that works best in their area(s), but that's me.

How do you figure the Verizon model has less connectivity options? Even taking the AT&T model's extra 2100 MHz LTE frequency into account, yes, that is one frequency the AT&T model doesn't have. Now, add the Verizon model's extra two CDMA frequencies that the AT&T model doesn't have, and tell me (numerically) which one has less cellular connectivity? The Verizon model technically utilizes *one more frequency* than the AT&T model - making me right if you gauge it by that argument. But that would be nit-picking, wouldn't it?

I agree, however, one should consider both LTE coverage and speed in their area (for both carriers) before making a purchasing decision. It really *is* all about what works best for your particular geographic situation.

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply
post #45 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmantopia View Post

I wonder if by the end of the decade we'll have free unlimited high-speed data everywhere.

Nothing is "free". However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nanny Government pays for it for "the needy", like they pay for cell phones (I think there's something in the Constitution that everyone has the right to 4G data). If you actually work for a living, you'll still be paying.
post #46 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

So would you be if you had chosen the Verizon model. In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network. Both models support worldwide GSM capability.

Don't believe it? Go check out the new iPad's Tech Specs page and look under "Wireless and Cellular". Compare closely. Verizon wins.

Not that I intend to do so, but would the Verizon model work on T-Mobile's 2G network with the right SIM card or will it be country-locked? For instance, a Verizon iPhone 4S can use a non-US SIM card but not a SIM from a US carrier if they unlock it for you.
post #47 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by plovell View Post

I wonder if they'll now drop the surcharge for tethering on iPhones?

I doubt it, as long as there are still grandfathered unlimited 3G plans out there. Maybe for a new LTE iPhone, which most likely would require a new LTE contract with metered data.

A tethering surcharge makes a little sense when you have an unlimited data plan; but when you're paying for your data by the GB, it really shouldn't matter what device is using the data. So, I guess, "kudos" to Verizon for grasping common sense and not taking advantage of every last opportunity to screw people with an additional charge.

On the other hand, where is the 2-yr contract with iPad subsidy? "No contract, month-to-month" may be a feature for some, but for those of us who are willing to commit to 2 years (and a $350 ETF), we're effectively paying a $15/month surcharge upfront by paying full retail for the device. Or, instead of an upfront subsidy, I'd be happy with a 2-year contract with a $15/month discount for "bring your own device".

But alas, clearly I'm dreaming of a truly competitive wireless market...
post #48 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Damn you got owned. Once people pointed out the fallacy in your argument you chose to either ignore it or use your usual tactic of quoting only a snippet to make your usual straw man last stand argument. Do you work for AT&T? Hard to believe there is such a thing as a carrier fanboy but you sure would seem to fall into that category.

By pointing out the relevant part which is clearly the AT&T iPad has 2x the LTE spectrums as the Verizon iPad. You're just sore I wiped the floor with you in the last foolish argument you started... and every other before that.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #49 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

In your mind when have you ever lost any argument here on AI? I am guessing never. Even when pople that normally agree with you say you are wrong you are at least consistent and stick to your guns.

Can your AT&T iPad be used as a hotspot? No
Does Verizon have a far larger LTE network in place in the U.S.? Yes
Can the Verizon iPad be used in other countries? Yes
Can the Verizon or AT&T iPad use LTE in other countries? No

Sounds like you just have buyers remorse and want to justify your hasty decision. Must be nice to be the judge and jury, at least you always get the verdict you are looking for.

But not 2100MHz hence my query about how Verizon somehow undeniably wins. But keep diggin your hole. I enjoy doing this to you, but at least try to come up with better trolling buzzwords than that.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #50 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb View Post

I doubt it, as long as there are still grandfathered unlimited 3G plans out there. Maybe for a new LTE iPhone, which most likely would require a new LTE contract with metered data.

However - even the grandfathered unlimited plans are not unlimited when used as a hot-spot. The hot-spot feature has a separate data limit.
post #51 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Verizon wins for the reasons I listed. The hotspot feature alone seems to be a tremendous advantage over not having that on AT&T. Add to that a far, far larger LTE network in place in the U.S.
How exactly is 2100MHz some killer feature that makes the AT&T version a superior option for 99.9% of U.S. customers compared to the advantages I listed above?

1) You imply things never stated but that's your MO so at least your consistent. We talking about your reading comprehension before. It either sucks or you're just trolling and considering that you posted in this thread to not have a conversation but to claim that I have buyer's remorse for carefully choosing AT&T over Verizon indicates it's both.

2) Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because I find it hard to imagine anyone can act as douchey as you let's review what was said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockarollr

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism

Plus, if I take it outside the country I'm good to go.

So would you be if you had chosen the Verizon model. In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network. Both models support worldwide GSM capability.

Don't believe it? Go check out the new iPad's Tech Specs page and look under "Wireless and Cellular". Compare closely. Verizon wins.

So we have my post clearly talking about taking it out of the country. Yet this guy states that Verizon wins yet Verizon has 1/2 the LTE spectrum as the AT&T iPad model.

Now sense more than 10 words were written I'm guessing that I need to remind you that he replied to my comment about taking it outside the country. CDMA is locked to Verizon which makes it absolutely useless when roaming. I'd get into my Summer travel plans and countries that have 2100MHz band but that would probably just make you even more jealous of me.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #52 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

However - even the grandfathered unlimited plans are not unlimited when used as a hot-spot. The hot-spot feature has a separate data limit.

It's a soft grandfathering. Without a contract there is no legal requirement for them to maintain the unlimited plans. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start not allowing new iPhone contracts to maintain the unlimited plans followed later by letting iPad users know that unlimited use plans will stop at a certain date.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #53 of 83
Honest question. How much 2100 MHz LTE is there IRL -- outside the good ol' US of A -- that will be compatible with the AT&T iPad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Rogers in Canada, AT&T in Puerto Rico, NTT DOCOMO in Japan. Any others?

  Google Maps: ("Directions may be inaccurate, incomplete, dangerous, or prohibited.")

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply

  Google Maps: ("Directions may be inaccurate, incomplete, dangerous, or prohibited.")

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply
post #54 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

You obviously read this article since you were one of the first to post in the comment section. Quelle surprise.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hreadid=145720
"According to Apple U.K.'s info page, the new iPad will support the 700MHz and 2100MHz LTE bands found in the stateside AT&T version, which don't match the 800MHz, 1800MHz and 2600MHz LTE bands being rolled out across Europe."

So tell me again exactly how not having an iPad with no hotspot capability, a far smaller LTE network, and no appreciable advantage when overseas is in any way superior to the Verizon version?

I also noticed aside from your first comment about you thinking LTE would unify things globally you have been rather quiet. By the way, I have stated numerous times over the last few months that LTE would cause even more problems for carriers in terms of global roaming. So this didn't come as any surprise to me.

1) This isn't rocket science. It's says right there in the text you copy and pasted. "700MHz and 2100MHz LTE bands" How could have possibly missed the Verizon iPad only has 700MHz for LTE.

2) I have no idea you'd include text about the LTE bands for Europe it doesn't include. Are you sill under the impression that the Verizon iPad includes them or is it something more bizarre like Europe is the only place outside the US to travel.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #55 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Honest question. How much 2100 MHz LTE is there IRL -- outside the good ol' US of A -- that will be compatible with the AT&T iPad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Rogers in Canada, AT&T in Puerto Rico, NTT DOCOMO in Japan. Any others?

Not much. NTT Do Co Mo is the big one I know of.

Things might get more wonky next year if AT&T can start switching its GSM band(s) to LTE. I suppose Apple will want to capitalize on that first which could hurt the rest of the world. Hopefully the MDM9615 built on the smaller design will include more and be in the next iPhone.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #56 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a soft grandfathering. Without a contract there is no legal requirement for them to maintain the unlimited plans. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start not allowing new iPhone contracts to maintain the unlimited plans followed later by letting iPad users know that unlimited use plans will stop at a certain date.

Yes - I think that was pretty clear from the start, and I've been expecting it to happen too.

But I was responding to the comment that they would not remove the tethering monthly charge while there are unlimited data plans, and pointing out that the tethering part is not unlimited, so it shouldn't be a factor.
post #57 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Yes - I think that was pretty clear from the start, and I've been expecting it to happen too.

But I was responding to the comment that they would not remove the tethering monthly charge while there are unlimited data plans, and pointing out that the tethering part is not unlimited, so it shouldn't be a factor.

I should have added the 'Off topic:' qualifier. Hopefully people won't be nonplussed when they finally drop the hammer but I think that's inevitable.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #58 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I should have added the 'Off topic:' qualifier. Hopefully people won't be nonplussed when they finally drop the hammer but I think that's inevitable.

Personally, I'd much rather pay per GB since I'm not a heavy data user, but cell phone providers have never liked that model for voice or data.
post #59 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Personally, I'd much rather pay per GB since I'm not a heavy data user, but cell phone providers have never liked that model for voice or data.

I wonder if it's more cost effective for many to just tether your phone. It's $20 for 2GB, right?

I will just connect it to the minimum plan. I don't expect many (if any) months will go over 250MB. Plus I mainly want it for Find My iPad and care about the convenience of having it always connected. Just have to make sure I'm not downloading 50MB apps or syncing to iCloud over cellular.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #60 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

You may travel overseas a lot, but the fact of the matter is you reside in the U.S. and that is where you will use your iPad the most. would you at least be willing to admit that not having the hotspot functionality would be a disadvantage to most people? The same question for the size of the LTE networks currently in place. Unless you are irrationally married to defending AT&T at al costs, surely you can admit that having an LTE network in over 3x as many cities as AT&T could be an advantage for most people that travel domestically.

In terms of overseas usage. The AI story confirms the 2100MHz will not be LTE compatible overseas. And as the previous poster pointed out, even if it were it would only be in a handful of places. By and large, they are essentially the same for foreign travel. The main differences being when used in the U.S. and in that scenario Verizon clearly wins.

If you can't stick with the original debate at least don't change yours around. To restate, for the last time, the person who commented to me said the "Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has" and that "verizon wins" in reference to being used outside the US. As I've pointed out ad nauseum 1) it's not exactly as the AT&T model has 2x the LTE bands, and as I queried 2) if they are exactly the same then how can Verizon win in regards to being used outside the US.

PS: Tip for next time... Trying using logical instead of emotion and you may have saved yourself this embarrassment.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I wonder if it's more cost effective for many to just tether your phone. It's $20 for 2GB, right?

I will just connect it to the minimum plan. I don't expect many (if any) months will go over 250MB. Plus I mainly want it for Find My iPad and care about the convenience of having it always connected. Just have to make sure I'm not downloading 50MB apps or syncing to iCloud over cellular.

So you mean that you will mostly tether the iPad to the iPhone's data connection? That works, except you lose the LTE speeds - if they matter or are available in your area. Depends how much you care about saving $15 per month. What's another $15 etc...
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

You may travel overseas a lot, but the fact of the matter is you reside in the U.S. and that is where you will use your iPad the most. would you at least be willing to admit that not having the hotspot functionality would be a disadvantage to most people? The same question for the size of the LTE networks currently in place. Unless you are irrationally married to defending AT&T at al costs, surely you can admit that having an LTE network in over 3x as many cities as AT&T could be an advantage for most people that travel domestically.

In terms of overseas usage. The AI story confirms the 2100MHz will not be LTE compatible overseas. And as the previous poster pointed out, even if it were it would only be in a handful of places. By and large, they are essentially the same for foreign travel. The main differences being when used in the U.S. and in that scenario Verizon clearly wins.

I wonder if Apple considered just making one version that would work on both. Presumably a bit more in component costs, but there ought to be some economy in designing and manufacturing fewer versions.
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

From my experience with an ATV2 over 802.11n WiFi via "high speed" cable modem internet connection, I can't even imagine how painful the experience would be with an ATV3 via cellular modem connection.

Thanks for that. I guess there's always connecting the iPad to the TV via a cable, though.

Anyway, I haven't committed yet, but will still be looking into the possibility that this new device may be a step towards needing only one data plan for all one's computing needs. The worst I can do is waste $129 on a radio in my new Pad that I won't really need, and on the other hand, I could save many times that much if it pans out.

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply
post #64 of 83
[QUOTE=SolipsismX;2067668]So we have my post clearly talking about taking it out of the country. Yet this guy states that Verizon wins yet Verizon has 1/2 the LTE spectrum as the AT&T iPad model.

"This guy" would like to state that NEITHER model will work on LTE outside of North America... so your point is simply moot, brutha. Verizon wins... spectrum-wise. Period. Done. Seeya!!!

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

Reply
post #65 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

["This guy" would like to state that NEITHER model will work on LTE outside of North America... so your point is simply moot, brutha. Verizon wins... spectrum-wise. Period. Done. Seeya!!!

North America isn't a country. Where do you kids go to school? Or rather, do you go to school?

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Charlie Sheen is that you? You are definitely winning!

I didn't change the argument. What you were debating with the other guy has nothing to do with my arguments. Am I not allowed to add additional points to the discussion? This is not a trial where I am not allowed to bring in new evidence after closing arguments. I simply pointed out and expounded on the fact that having hotspot capability, which is the premise of the article btw, would be a huge advantage for Verizon iPad owners. You chose to ignore that. I also pointed out that Verizon has a far larger LTE network which you also chose to ignore.

Face it, your AT&T iPad is inferior stateside and at best on par outside the country. Caveat emptor.

Hello everyone- just joined.
Lol- are you wasting or time or what? That SX guy must be receiving his pension from AT&T for all that BS. Just look at the coverage maps or maybe he's map illiterate.
There are so many obvious reasons why he is in denial- I quote the following and post the link afterwards:
"If you want to keep costs down, Verizon is the way to go. If you intend to use a lot of data, Verizon is also the better choice. If you plan to stick to 2GB or 3GB, AT&T wins out. But Verizon at least gives you more options. And then there’s this:"

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/03...erizon-4g-lte/
post #67 of 83
BTW- I just ordered a 64GB Verizon iPad (and proud of it) though have had an AT&Fee iPhone for years. So sick of all their disrespect for Apple and it users over all the years with the dropped calls, no tethering on iPhones, throttling BS and now this hot spot nonsense. I suggest everyone hit them where it hurts the mo$t. Even "Rethink Possible" blatantly mimics Apple without any actions of theirs to back that slogan up.
The "Telephone Company"- Begone from my iSight!
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Hello everyone- just joined.
Lol- are you wasting or time or what? That SX guy must be receiving his pension from AT&T for all that BS. Just look at the coverage maps or maybe he's map illiterate.
There are so many obvious reasons why he is in denial- I quote the following and post the link afterwards:
"If you want to keep costs down, Verizon is the way to go. If you intend to use a lot of data, Verizon is also the better choice. If you plan to stick to 2GB or 3GB, AT&T wins out. But Verizon at least gives you more options. And then there’s this:"

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/03...erizon-4g-lte/

Or if you want to stick to under 250MB AT&T is cheaper.

You telecom fanboys are pathetic. I'll repeat this one more time: There is no one carrier that will fit everyone's needs for every location.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You cell phone fanboys are pathetic…

Don't you mean "carrier fanboys" or "telecom fanboys"? I'm a cell phone fanboy, but that doesn't mean I like anywhere near every phone. I'm more a fanboy of the concept, not most of the implementations.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #70 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Don't you mean "carrier fanboys" or "telecom fanboys"? I'm a cell phone fanboy, but that doesn't mean I like anywhere near every phone. I'm more a fanboy of the concept, not most of the implementations.

I do. Thanks.

I'm not even an iPhone fanboy. I think it's the best overall smartphone on the market and certainly the best option for my needs but I test out other phones. I've even stated on multiple occasions how much I like WinPh. If something came out that I thought was better than the iPhone I would jump on that in a second. I have no loyalty to any organization that I pay money to. I will use Apple to make my life more enjoyable for as long as that is the best option.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #71 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Or if you want to stick to under 250MB AT&T is cheaper.

You telecom fanboys are pathetic. I'll repeat this one more time: There is no one carrier that will fit everyone's needs for every location.

Now it's name calling by the sophistic AT&T barker. Man you just can't stop can u? Tell us again how u plan to use your incompatible LTE AT&T iPad in Europe. And then justify how 250mb @$15 is cheaper than 1Gb at $20. Do you have any idea what 250mb can or will get u? How much more will AT&T require you to drop if u exceed 250mb? Flunk math much?
Either you're an AT&T employee or a pension holder- which is it?
post #72 of 83
Btw - does anyone know why AT&T's iPhones now say 4G with iOS 5.1? Is this an Apple error or AT&T gimmick? I would think Steve would have gone ballistic with this either way.
post #73 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Tell us again how u plan to use your incompatible LTE AT&T iPad in Europe.

Tell us again when I said I wanted to use LTE in Europe.

Quote:
And then justify how 250mb @$15 is cheaper than 1Gb at $20.

Simply math will tell you that it's $5 cheaper than the $20 plan. COme on, at least work a little of that gray matter.

Quote:
Do you have any idea what 250mb can or will get u?

It's stated right in the plan: Get's you 250MB.

Plus, as previously noted it's just for Find My iPad. And the occasional use of TomTom which only needs cell tow data to keep the location updates fast.

Quote:
How much more will AT&T require you to drop if u exceed 250mb?

That, too, is right in the plans I posted. Seriously, Dude, read a little before posting.

Quote:
Flunk math much?

Quite excellent at math as plenty of posts on this forum will attest.

Quote:
Either you're an AT&T employee or a pension holder- which is it?

Try to learn something today:

A

false dilemma is a type of logical fallacy that involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there are additional options. I need very little data but want to keep enable every month and AT&T offers the best speeds in my area. That would clear to a rational person. I'm also not a stockholder of AT&T or Apple though I think Verizon is one of the stocks in an old mutual fund.

PS: Your lack of objectivity and pragmatism are bad enough but to exclude stockholder in favour of pensioner is just insulting. Learn to troll better or don't wait my time.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #74 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Btw - does anyone know why AT&T's iPhones now say 4G with iOS 5.1? Is this an Apple error or AT&T gimmick? I would think Steve would have gone ballistic with this either way.

Try a google search for once. After first AT&T was upset with T-Mobile USA for using that moniker for its HSPA+ devices in 2009. This brought the situation to the attention of the ITU that had previously considered only IMT-Advanced to be 4G but in late 2010 loosened the definition to include technologies such as HSPA+ and LTE. AT&T's phones have stated 4G for awhile now save for the iPhone. Thus, HSPA+ shows up as 4G in iOS 5.1, something that will only be seen on the iPhone 4S and new iPad


PS: I know who you are.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Simply math will tell you that it's $5 cheaper than the $20 plan. COme on, at least work a little of that gray matter.
Quite excellent at math as plenty of posts on this forum will attest.

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.
Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Community College you flunkd out of?
post #76 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.
Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Comminty College you flunkd out of?

So I average under 50MB per month yet I'm supposed to get the 33% more expensive plan because it's cheaper per MB even though I won't use that data. You're logic just gets better and better!

But lets go ahead and do your math. You're clearly stating I should get the plan that offers the most value per MB regardless of whether I need that data.... yet you think that 1GB for $20 is the cheapest plan of all 6 plans offered by AT&T and Verizon. Here's a hint: It's not!


PS: If you keep up the personal attacks and trolling I'm pretty sure you're going to get yet another account banned.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #77 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.
Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Community College you flunkd out of?

Cheaper means less money, not less money per unit purchase. Soli is correct, since 15 < 20. Otherwise the most expensive plan would be the cheapest, and the cheapest plan would be the most expensive, and your head would explode.
post #78 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Cheaper means less money, not less money per unit purchase. Soli is correct, since 15 < 20. Otherwise the most expensive plan would be the cheapest, and the cheapest plan would be the most expensive, and your head would explode.

Right - so then you both can pay $6 a gallon for gas and I'll pay just $2. And then I can take u both out for lunch- NOT.
post #79 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Right - so then you both can pay $6 a gallon for gas and I'll pay just $2. And then I can take u both out for lunch- NOT.

I can play the same game. The earth weighs less than a gold coin.

And Soli is also correct that your only mechanism of argument is by logical fallacy.
post #80 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I can play the same game. The earth weighs less than a gold coin.

And Soli is also correct that your only mechanism of argument is by logical fallacy.

Wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Verizon will support Personal Hotspot with 4G LTE iPad at launch, AT&T won't
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Verizon will support Personal Hotspot with 4G LTE iPad at launch, AT&T won't