or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple sells out of launch-day iPads, new orders ship by March 19

Apple sells out of launch-day iPads, new orders ship by March 19 - Page 4

post #121 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

i rather agree with this. I don't need to have a Finder to see the files but it would be nice if they went to one common bin so if I decide, for example, to change PDF readers, the files don't have to be emailed to myself or synced to the computer and back. they are just there ready to go

It used to be the case with iOS release 1.0

Obviously, with the iOS, Apple decided to change how people should work with the new category of device and that's how your frustration came to being, coming from the traditional computing device like desktop/laptop where Finder, desktop is the place to start with.

Fast forward to 2012, your complain is nullified by the advent of services like iCloud and DropBox or even file browser like, FileBrowser on iPad. They are the bin you are looking for. Obviously, it need other apps to get it function. In the case of pdf files, if your favourite iOS apps does not support the "... open in" dialog, then you can do nothing because iOS now have the capabilies to let you do what you want from the example you have given. Alternatively, if your chosen pdf reader apps does not support iCloud or DropBox storage, then it is not Apple fault for not providing you with the bin, is it?
post #122 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker15 View Post

I'm in the UK and ordered a Black 32GB WiFi with engraving around the same time you did. I've just received notification from Apple that it is shipped for delivery on 16th March. I guess you are correct that your engraving alteration has delayed shipping. Sad!

Lesson I learned not to do it again... For next pre-orders, one base model and no side orders all the way as soon as the store opens.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple sells out of launch-day iPads, new orders ship by March 19
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple sells out of launch-day iPads, new orders ship by March 19