or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › New iPhoto and iMovie apps can be manually copied to the original iPad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New iPhoto and iMovie apps can be manually copied to the original iPad

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 
Apple's new iPhoto app, as well as iMovie, can't be purchased on the original 2010 iPad or installed on it using iTunes, but they can be installed manually using Apple's iPhone Configuration Utility.

Apple doesn't support iPhoto on the original iPad, presumably because it lacks a camera, the same factor that apparently prevented iMovie from working on that model. However, both iMovie and iPhoto can be manually copied to the original iPad and both seem to work fine.

All that's required is Apple's free iPhone Configuration Utility, available at http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/ as a tool for companies to use in installing apps and configuration policy profiles to the fleets of iOS devices they use.

Once the utility is installed (Apple provides a Mac and Windows version), you can plug your iPad in via USB and select the apps you want to manually install by adding them to the library. After you buy the apps in iTunes, they'll be within your Music folder under iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications.




Once they're in the Configuration Utility library, you can click the Install button for each app from the Application tab of the device you want to install them on. The utility will copy the files over, and the app will then appear on your iPad and work normally.

Beyond lacking a camera, iPhoto and iMovie seem to work well enough on the original iPad, although it lacks the horsepower of the newer iPad 2, and the additional memory of the newest iPad. It also lacks a camera, so you obviously can't use the recording features of the latest iMovie.

You can't use the simpler Configurator app Apple just released in the Mac App Store to install the apps you've bought in iTunes, as it requires a redemption code for installing paid apps on other devices.








After installing iMovie and iPhoto on the original iPad, iTunes may give warnings that it is no longer authorized for apps on your iPad. Click Authorize and it will dismiss the alert; if you click Don't Authorize, it will remove the apps you installed manually.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]
post #2 of 48
Indeed. I've had iMovie on mine since launch. Haven't downloaded iPhoto yet. For once I'll actually probably wait for its first bug fix update before I try it.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #3 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

After installing iMovie and iPhoto on the original iPad, iTunes may give warnings that it is no longer authorized for apps on your iPad. Click Authorize and it will dismiss the alert; if you click Don't Authorize, it will remove the apps you installed manually.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Hmmm- I get an infinite loop of authorization and not authorized. So, it's not working for me.
post #4 of 48
Odd -- I was able to install iMovie onto my iPad on Wednesday just fine, but I removed it and now I can't re-install it due to requiring a front facing camera.

Also, you can't actually take photos with the new iPhoto app, correct? If so, why is Apple requiring a front facing camera to use it?
post #5 of 48
jappa-dappa-doo... zänk you for the heads up!
post #6 of 48
clicking install on the iPhoto app in the configuration utility gives me a pinwheel of doom and nothing appears to snap the app back out of it. anyone else?

[edit] never mind, it appears iTunes was updating and that was causing a slow down. after the iPad to iTunes update it installed and is working happily. Very nice.
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #7 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by umijin View Post

Hmmm- I get an infinite loop of authorization and not authorized. So, it's not working for me.

I get the same thing.. iPhoto installed, but the authorization/not authorization is in a loop.
post #8 of 48
I have the 1st generation iPad. I purchased iPhoto on my iPhone 4s and then used this process to get iPhoto on my iPad and it worked great. very time I sync my iPad I have to cancel the authorization request and iPhoto stays on my iPad. iPhoto runs just fine on my iPad and the camera kit transfers photos to iPhoto with no issues.

I can only assume that Apple decided to exclude the 1st generation iPad because it doesn't have a build in camera or maybe because it doesn't have the A5 processor. Who knows.
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #9 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post

clicking install on the iPhoto app in the configuration utility gives me a pinwheel of doom and nothing appears to snap the app back out of it. anyone else?

[edit] never mind, it appears iTunes was updating and that was causing a slow down. after the iPad to iTunes update it installed and is working happily. Very nice.

I got the spin wheel of doom and I waited for a while and eventually it went away. iPhoto mobile is a good size file and it doesn't copy right away. Give it some time.
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #10 of 48
Has anyone try it with Photoshop touch?
post #11 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I have the 1st generation iPad. I purchased iPhoto on my iPhone 4s and then used this process to get iPhoto on my iPad and it worked great. very time I sync my iPad I have to cancel the authorization request and iPhoto stays on my iPad. iPhoto runs just fine on my iPad and the camera kit transfers photos to iPhoto with no issues.

I can only assume that Apple decided to exclude the 1st generation iPad because it doesn't have a build in camera or maybe because it doesn't have the A5 processor. Who knows.

I can see why they didn't authorize it for the original iPad because it doesn't have a camera but is there any performance issues with any aspect of the app that could be a reason why it wasn't included. After all the original iPad has a paltry 128MB RAM yet the app supports 19Mpx images and looks pretty lick in the video by allowing you to scroll through many photos quickly.

I could see a small number and/or small size photo working fairly well on the original iPad but is it really just an artificial limitation or is there a technical one, too? Sure, Apple could have made the app simpler and less powerful like the PS app but I'd think that would get just as many complaints and likely not sell as well.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #12 of 48
Tanks for for the info. Works perfectly. Just posted a journal on iCloud made on my iPod touch.

J.
post #13 of 48
Clearly these inhouse apps do seem to run just fine on 1st gen products, but apple is forcing you to purchase a new device to be able to use these $5 apps on.
My 1st ipad was just one year old and the ipad 2 made it feel completely outdated because of these apps. I do hope they do not eliminate PC's. I like to have my PC for at least 3-4 years, and even then I can run all apps just fine on it. My ipad wont last more than one generation.
post #14 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

After all the original iPad has a paltry 128MB RAM yet the app supports 19Mpx images and looks pretty lick in the video by allowing you to scroll through many photos quickly.

Wrong. iPad 1 has 256MB. But it still may not be enough. Although one could force close all other apps before launching iPhoto and it may run fine.
post #15 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I have the 1st generation iPad. I purchased iPhoto on my iPhone 4s and then used this process to get iPhoto on my iPad and it worked great. very time I sync my iPad I have to cancel the authorization request and iPhoto stays on my iPad. iPhoto runs just fine on my iPad and the camera kit transfers photos to iPhoto with no issues.

I can only assume that Apple decided to exclude the 1st generation iPad because it doesn't have a build in camera or maybe because it doesn't have the A5 processor. Who knows.

Do high-end video workstations have a "built-in cameras"? 'ell no
post #16 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcartesius View Post

Do high-end video workstations have a "built-in cameras"? 'ell no

There is the problem. Apple isn't marketing this as a high-end video/photography workstation where the editing HW is different from the camera HW. I think it was Phil Schiller that stated during the event that it can be used as an "everyday camera" though I'm sure many here will comment on how inferior it is to a real camera it seems clear why Apple has made the decisions they did.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #17 of 48
As a keen photographer I found it really useful to upload a set of images from my DSLR onto my original iPad (using the camera connection kit) to see them at a decent size 'in the field' -surely the very reason for anybody buying this kit. Can't understand Apple not making iPhoto available for this model because with the connection kit and Photostream all iPads have a ready source of images and the need to edit them. It does seem to be an artificial limitation designed to promote dissatisfaction with what is still a really excellent piece of kit. Thanks for the workaround but come on Apple - do the right thing!
post #18 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_l_uk View Post

As a keen photographer I found it really useful to upload a set of images from my DSLR onto my original iPad (using the camera connection kit) to see them at a decent size 'in the field' -surely the very reason for anybody buying this kit. Can't understand Apple not making iPhoto available for this model because with the connection kit and Photostream all iPads have a ready source of images and the need to edit them. It does seem to be an artificial limitation designed to promote dissatisfaction with what is still a really excellent piece of kit. Thanks for the workaround but come on Apple - do the right thing!

I have seen no evidence to support your conclusion that it's an "artificial" imitation.

Sure the app can be installed and run, but remember that the original iPad has 128MB RAM which means about half for apps. How large are the images on your DSLR? Can the iPhoto app even understand RAW format? What about the ability to quickly scroll through the apps the way they showed during the demo?

As we've seen over-and-over with Apple it's not about what is technically possible under certain circumstances but what is possible without negatively affecting the user experience. A example of Apple releasing SW they shouldn't have is iOS 4.0 on the iPhone 3G which made an overwhelming large number of iPhone 3Gs have their user experience severely degraded. Now did iOS 4.0 technically run on this devices? Sure, but that didn't stop people from saying that Apple shouldn't have released it and that Apple released it to cripple their iPhone 3G in order to force people to buy newer iPhones.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #19 of 48
Just wondering if the same steps can be used to install WhatsApp on the iPad without jailbreaking.
post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by adib View Post

Just wondering if the same steps can be used to install WhatsApp on the iPad without jailbreaking.

It can. I have done this last week. The problem is that the server doesn't seem to accept the device. So I didn't get it registered with my iPhone number.

J.
post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

As someone already pointed out the original iPad had 256 MB DDR RAM and not 128MB as you have said twice now. Granted the iPad 2 had twice that amount and apparently the newest iPad has 1GB. Your point may be valid to a degree but stop saying 128MB.

Mea culpa. Was thinking of the original iPhone.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #22 of 48
I can get iPhoto into the configuration library from Mobile Applications. but then using the Add+ button to move it to my iPad just brings up the message "This Mobile Application already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

I'm doing something stupid, or not doing something obvious. Someone put me out of my misery, please.
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
post #23 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

I can get iPhoto into the configuration library from Mobile Applications. but then using the Add+ button to move it to my iPad just brings up the message "This Mobile Application already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

I'm doing something stupid, or not doing something obvious. Someone put me out of my misery, please.

You don't click the Add+ button ... that is to add the App to the Utility. Once it is in the Utility, you click the "install" button to the right of the App name. Be patient, it takes a couple of minutes to do it's thing.
post #24 of 48
iMovie will load and run on my original iPad but it doesn't seem to see clips I made with the iPhone 4S. It will see photos though. Any way to get the original iPad to view this video clips made with an iPhone?
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrial View Post

You don't click the Add+ button ... that is to add the App to the Utility. Once it is in the Utility, you click the "install" button to the right of the App name. Be patient, it takes a couple of minutes to do it's thing.

Thanks mrial

I installed the Utility, plugged in my iPad, then selected it under the DEVICES heading. Dan's next step reads "Once they're in the Configuration Utility library, you can click the Install button for each app from the Application tab of the device you want to install them on."

So I assumed I needed to get iPhoto into the Configuration Utility Library. How do I get it into the Utility without Adding it ?

Library Devices shows my iPad name and serial, Applications is empty, and DEVICES>iPad shows my current installed Apps.

Been a long day, but if you could just point me right...
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
post #26 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Thanks mrial

I installed the Utility, plugged in my iPad, then selected it under the DEVICES heading. Dan's next step reads "Once they're in the Configuration Utility library, you can click the Install button for each app from the Application tab of the device you want to install them on."

So I assumed I needed to get iPhoto into the Configuration Utility Library. How do I get it into the Utility without Adding it ?

Library Devices shows my iPad name and serial, Applications is empty, and DEVICES>iPad shows my current installed Apps.

Been a long day, but if you could just point me right...

You do click the add button from the application menu (on the left of the screen). Then when you switch to the iPad device menu, the Applications tab will show the app ready to install. Main thing is every step takes a lot of time to copy the files so just be patient. If it seems to stall at any point as in no result and no spinning beach ball, just repeat the steps. It does work though.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #27 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Thanks mrial

I installed the Utility, plugged in my iPad, then selected it under the DEVICES heading. Dan's next step reads "Once they're in the Configuration Utility library, you can click the Install button for each app from the Application tab of the device you want to install them on."

So I assumed I needed to get iPhoto into the Configuration Utility Library. How do I get it into the Utility without Adding it ?

Library Devices shows my iPad name and serial, Applications is empty, and DEVICES>iPad shows my current installed Apps.

Been a long day, but if you could just point me right...

Sorry I wasn't very clear.

You do click Add+ to add iPhoto App to the utility. When you Add+, you will have to find the App you bought in the iTunes library ... "...they'll be within your Music folder under iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications."

After finding your app, Click "Open". It will show up in the utility's "Applications".

Click on your iPad name under "Devices" in the utility and then click the "Applications" tap. You should see all the Apps installed on your iPad.

Scroll to the iPhoto App and click "Install".

Hope this helps.
post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You do click the add button from the application menu (on the left of the screen). Then when you switch to the iPad device menu, the Applications tab will show the app ready to install. Main thing is every step takes a lot of time to copy the files so just be patient. If it seems to stall at any point as in no result and no spinning beach ball, just repeat the steps. It does work though.


I click the Add button from the Application menu and navigate to iPhoto in iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications. iPhoto is now in my Applications on Config Utility. I click on the iPad in Devices and go to the Applications tab and I don't see the App - no spinning beachballs, nothing happening. I've left it for 20 minutes.

I think I should just give up and wait for my iPad 3 on Friday


But thanks for your help and patience.

JTM
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
post #29 of 48
There seems to be no problem running iPhoto or swiping through large library on 1st gen iPad for me. So it doesn't appear to be a RAM limitation. The only issue I'm having is how to get past the Authorize/not Authorize loop....

Installed fine using Configuration Utility.


MESSAGE #1 " This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPad Solsun's iPad. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?"


So I click "AUTHORIZE" and enter password

MESSAGE # 2: "This computer is already authorized. Including this one, you have authorized 3 computers of your available 5.

So, I click "OK"

MESSAGE #3 "This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPad Solsun's iPad. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?"

endless loop. Any suggestions?
post #30 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsun View Post

There seems to be no problem running iPhoto or swiping through large library on 1st gen iPad for me. So it doesn't appear to be a RAM limitation. The only issue I'm having is how to get past the Authorize/not Authorize loop....

Installed fine using Configuration Utility.


MESSAGE #1 " This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPad Solsun's iPad. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?"


So I click "AUTHORIZE" and enter password

MESSAGE # 2: "This computer is already authorized. Including this one, you have authorized 3 computers of your available 5.

So, I click "OK"

MESSAGE #3 "This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPad Solsun's iPad. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?"

endless loop. Any suggestions?

After installing iPhoto on my iPad 1 I'm having the same exact issue...and it's really annoying! I can click "Cancel" to make the message go away...but when I make any changes and try to sync my iPad the message loop starts all over again.

Although iPhoto installs on the original iPad this way...and appears to work okay, it's useless if I can no longer sync my iPad. I'm going to have to uninstall iPhoto unless someone has a suggestion as to how to fix this issue.

Until then, these instructions shouldn't be posted as "working" IMHO.
post #31 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post

After installing iPhoto on my iPad 1 I'm having the same exact issue...and it's really annoying! I can click "Cancel" to make the message go away...but when I make any changes and try to sync my iPad the message loop starts all over again.

Although iPhoto installs on the original iPad this way...and appears to work okay, it's useless if I can no longer sync my iPad. I'm going to have to uninstall iPhoto unless someone has a suggestion as to how to fix this issue.

Until then, these instructions shouldn't be posted as "working" IMHO.

Turn off *app* syncing with the iPad and iTunes. It just downloads them from the cloud, anyway, so no need to sync anymore, is there?
post #32 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertwin View Post

Turn off *app* syncing with the iPad and iTunes. It just downloads them from the cloud, anyway, so no need to sync anymore, is there?

D'oh! That makes perfect sense...should have thought of it.

That did the trick! Thanks!

One oddity...iTunes no longer opened automatically when I connected my iPad or iPhone. I had to reboot my iMac and that fixed it.

Thanks again!
post #33 of 48
If I turn off app syncing in iTunes, I just get a message that all apps and their data will be deleted. Am I missing something?
post #34 of 48
I have the same issue. Oddly, I had iMovie 1.2 and it showed as installable. But neither iMovie 1.3 or iPhoto appear in the installable list, even though they are in the Config Utility library. EDIT: When I install iMovie 1.2, after giving the install time to complete, I get the message "an unknown error has occurred."

I suspect Apple has silently rolled out new versions of these apps that have a flag set that prevents them from being manually installed in the old hardware.

EDIT 2:

Here are the error messages seen in the config utility console:

<Error>: unrecognized status -25293 from codesigning library
<Error>: 2ffd8000 verify_signer_identity: Could not copy validate signature: -402620415
<Error>: 2ffd8000 preflight_application_install: Could not verify executable at /var/tmp/install_staging.WwaHbP/iMovie.app
mobile_installation_proxy[343] <Error>: handle_install: Installation failed
installd[339] <Error>: 2ffd8000 install_application: Could not preflight application install
installd[339] <Error>: 2ffd8000 handle_install: API failed
installd[339] <Error>: 2ffd8000 send_message: failed to send mach message of 71 bytes: 10000003
installd[339] <Error>: 2ffd8000 send_error: Could not send error response to client



Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

I click the Add button from the Application menu and navigate to iPhoto in iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications. iPhoto is now in my Applications on Config Utility. I click on the iPad in Devices and go to the Applications tab and I don't see the App - no spinning beachballs, nothing happening. I've left it for 20 minutes.

I think I should just give up and wait for my iPad 3 on Friday…


But thanks for your help and patience.

JTM
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I can only assume that Apple decided to exclude the 1st generation iPad because it doesn't have a build in camera or maybe because it doesn't have the A5 processor. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I can see why they didn't authorize it for the original iPad because it doesn't have a camera but is there any performance issues with any aspect of the app that could be a reason why it wasn't included. After all the original iPad has a paltry 128MB RAM yet the app supports 19Mpx images and looks pretty lick in the video by allowing you to scroll through many photos quickly.

Uhmmm... So I have iPhoto & iMovie on my Mac Mini, and the mini doesn't have a camera. So why should a camera be needed when using these apps on an iPad? Other than some engineer wrote the code that way... or maybe I should ask, is there some hidden benefit in not allowing the original iPad to run iPhoto... beside coercing users to upgrade?
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by foris View Post

If I turn off app syncing in iTunes, I just get a message that all apps and their data will be deleted. Am I missing something?

I saw the same message, but none of my apps or data were deleted. If you're worried you can always run a backup before doing anything and then restore from the backup if anything goes missing. So far iPhoto is running fine on my original iPad and I have no issues with other apps.
post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker275 View Post

Uhmmm... So I have iPhoto & iMovie on my Mac Mini, and the mini doesn't have a camera. So why should a camera be needed when using these apps on an iPad? Other than some engineer wrote the code that way... or maybe I should ask, is there some hidden benefit in not allowing the original iPad to run iPhoto... beside coercing users to upgrade?

They've done similar things before...multitasking gestures comes to mind. They didn't work with the original iPad until a later update. It's possible that there's a "horsepower" issue but I haven't seen it with iPhoto yet...seems to work fine with editing, saving, journal, etc. It's not as robust of as iPhoto for OS X (I wouldn't expect it to be) but it's a very nice app.
post #38 of 48
If the new iPhoto still runs acceptably on the iPad 1 that's pretty impressive programming imo.
post #39 of 48
Hi, thanks for posting this, sounded like a good idea, until I tried it.

I can see the iphoto application in the ipad list, clicked install and get



"Could not install application on device. Error: The application does not have a valid signature." (in case you can't see the img)

Any advice?

Thanks
post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

I click the Add button from the Application menu and navigate to iPhoto in iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications. iPhoto is now in my Applications on Config Utility. I click on the iPad in Devices and go to the Applications tab and I don't see the App - no spinning beachballs, nothing happening. I've left it for 20 minutes.

I think I should just give up and wait for my iPad 3 on Friday


But thanks for your help and patience.

JTM

Just as an update, the process only works on devices that have iOS 5.1 installed. Would have been good to know that from the start !
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • New iPhoto and iMovie apps can be manually copied to the original iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › New iPhoto and iMovie apps can be manually copied to the original iPad