or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple says new iPad response is "off the charts," preorders sold out

Apple says new iPad response is "off the charts," preorders sold out - Page 6

post #201 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

"That doesn't mean the PC dies, that just means that the scenarios that we use them in, we stop referring to them as PCs, we refer to them as other things...."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8E7EXM20120308

There are many people for whom a PC is overkill. A smartphone, or tablet, is all they need. Now they can get a device that's easier to use and maintain, for them.
post #202 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I agree with your last point, I think Apple have hit the nail on the head with the iPad. I use mine while I'm sitting in the living room relaxing. I use it to surf the web, read personal emails, read eBooks and play a few games mostly. In contrast I use my Mac to run my business. Nothing to heavy but I wouldn't use the iPad to do that kind of stuff.

I don't think I'm all that unique in the way that I use my iPad. Maybe "toy" is juvenile - it's an entertainment device shall we say. Which as you say is probably what most people use their computers at home for anyway but its nice to wind up all the radical fanbois on here once in a while. It stops them howling at the moon instead.

Well, the thing is, "running a business" generally involves managing emails, scheduling, accounts, payments, orders, assets, possibly a web presence, payroll, records, various forms, etc.

There's nothing in that list that isn't well within the capabilities of an iPad. In terms of actual computing horsepower, they're trivial. For certain things a keyboard is handy, but those are available for the iPad as well.

Even if your specific preferred software isn't yet available, that's not a structural problem with the iPad, it's just a matter of the newness of the platform. With the speed at which the iPad is moving into various markets, new business software is coming online daily. Arguably the biggest hole is Office, but rumor has it that's on the way (and MS would be foolish not to, even if they wait until after their Windows 8 version is shipping).

Even within the specific feature sets of a given iPad port of a given software title the same principle applies as what I'm claiming for computers-- that for instance Office is vastly more powerful and unwieldy than most users want or need, and an iPad version, while almost certainly less expansive than its desktop counterpart, will nevertheless probably satisfy the majority of the use cases. I suspect that's true of a whole raft of software titles-- tablet ports are going to focus on what's really needed, and discard several generations of feature bloat. At which point people start wondering the same thing they wonder when they start using their iPad for a lot of tasks formerly done on desktops or laptops-- "Why did I need all that extra stuff"?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #203 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

yes since new pre-orders won't be available on launch day.

I never knew there were so many apple fanbois buying these ipads. /s

It's entertaining to hear that term now that Apple is about $70 bil bigger than Exxon. It's even more entertaining to hear all those predictions about the iPad failing and apple overstating this and that.
post #204 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

Exactly.
56% of the market for the iPad.
44% of the market split up among dozens and dozens and dozens of other tablets. Ten years ago, could any of us imagined such a statistic? It's amazing.

those stats seem like rubbish in any case. I suspect Apple have 90% of the 10" tablet market.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #205 of 423
Quote:

Ok answer this question please..

If it's not a toy why do they show small children using it in Apple's TV advertising for the iPad?

You can even buy it at Toys R Us.

To show ease of use. You may be underestimating some people's fear of complexity.

Toys R Us have a decent electronics department so it's not surprising it's there. There is a gaming *aspect* to the iPad if someone chooses to do so. That doesn't make it toy. The same thing applies forhttp://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m18x/pd.aspx It's a gaming computer, but one wouldn't call it a toy.
post #206 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Considering they sold 15 millions in 2011 Q4, if they really sell 15 millions in 2 weeks including ipad2 sales it would be very good for the stock at the next earnings in april.

It would send shock waves through the IT industry.
Quote:
I am hoping they did pile up a nice amount of the new iPad. But imo its more like 10 millions then 15 millions.

It will be very interesting to find out just what they did do. My first thought is where would they put ten or fifeteen million iPads. However there is a real issue of custonpmer satisfaction here, it would be very bad to have millions of customers disappointed that they couldn't get their device around launch time.

From what I'm seeing five million preorders would be easy.
post #207 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcompuser View Post

Would you classify digital picture frames and ebook readers as toys?

In regards to the frame the term is a bit more appropriate. It is a do little pretty object.

I work for a high level stunt coordinator here in LA (no I won't tell you who), and we use iPads all the time. It is hard as hell to preview a complex and potentially dangerous stunt off a laptop and locations don't always have the means to use a projector. Plus it is often better to do it on set rather tha in a trailer so they can see the environment. We can load a video onto half a dozen or so iPads and everyone has a clear line of sight to a screen. Just that alone is key when you are about to put folks lives in danger. When we have on set wifi we can iMessage rather than deal with radios. I've seen costume folks take photos and mark them up. Script coordinators using iPads. ADs that can write up the new call sheet right there in video village with the director and email it out with maps etc attached.

One of the guys we often work with is trying to figure out a way to create a system where the monitoring cameras might be able to shoot their feeds out to an app so even if we are not in the village we can see what the camera does, and in a secured way. Cause right now sets tend to use unsecured broadcast signals that any schmuck can pick up. Causes leaks worse than a Foxconn employee shagging a reporter for Digitimes

It would be something similiar to this. Or even the new Parrot drone camera.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #208 of 423
Quote:

I suspect 90% of the people buying the iPad 3 will be using it as a great little toy rather than for any serious computing purpose. In that sense the specs are not important to them. Does it look nice? Is it the hot gadget right now? Yep - I'll have one. Simple as that. It's no different to the latest must have Nike shoes or something like that.

If you really believe that, you haven't spent enough time browsing the App Store. Sure, there are tons and tons of games and frivolous apps, and that's fine. Heck, it's even great as it's an indicator of how strong the entire platform is, but it's particularly amazing how many very serious apps there are. And it's even more amazing to see what people are doing with iPads.

It's safe to say the iPad has outperformed even Apple's expectations, not just in sales, but in use. iPads are in class rooms. They're in offices. I went to a camera shop last fall to check out the new Sony a77 (awesome camera, by the way). When I asked about compatible alpha-mount lenses, the guy at the shop didn't whip out a catalog or go to a computer with a keyboard and mouse. He reached for an iPad. That was six months ago. The iPad is growing by leaps and bounds. Not just in sales, but in use.
post #209 of 423
Quote:

Ok answer this question please..

If it's not a toy why do they show small children using it in Apple's TV advertising for the iPad?

You can even buy it at Toys R Us.

EASY!

Apple does an excellent job of marketing the iPad to people who might not be ready to buy it. Logically, it makes no sense to market a product to those who are already going to buy it. Preaching to the choir doesn't increase the size of the choir. Surely, you understand this.

As for the iPad being a toy...
Who buy some of the most high end laptops and PCs? Gamers. Does that mean high end laptops and PCs are toys? Of course not.
post #210 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post

I ordered mine early in the afternoon the day it was announced, and yet my order status is "Preparing for shipment", and "Delivers on March 16 via Standard Shipping". I see where others have a tracking number and can track their iPad. What's up with my order?

Your new iPad fell behind the packing machine. Don't worry, in time someone will notice it back there and hand it over to shipping. no biggie.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #211 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

those stats seem like rubbish in any case. I suspect Apple have 90% of the 10" iPad.

And 100% of the pad-with-apple logo on the back market.

You can't just ignore 40% of the market (that 7" tablet market) and then count market share
post #212 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

You can't just ignore 40% of the market (that 7" tablet market) and then count market share

True, but eReaders are not tablets in the iPad sense either. So the share may be less than 90% but it is greater than 56%.
post #213 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

From what I'm seeing five million preorders would be easy.

From what you're seeing?

Cmon Nothing any individual outside a Foxconn executive office can "see" can predict how many iPads Apple sells in two weeks. Let's be reasonable here.
post #214 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Why can't you be happy without feeling that you are somehow better than other people? Why do you imagine that preferring one company's products makes you somehow a better person?

Anybody can join your club. Owning a product doesn't make you a better person.

But, but, but, if it's an Apple product it does. My Apple products make me a much better person and I can look down on all the clueless lemmings that own PCs and are forced to upgrade to a newer PC when their old PC's hard disk gets full.
post #215 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Your 60 million is way too conservative.

Wouldn't it be shocking for Apple to move 100 million of these in one year!

I'm still wondering about how many where pre built for launch. Especially pre orders, Apples Store was swamped for a very long time, it makes me wonder how many where allocated for pre order.
post #216 of 423
Quote:

And 100% of the pad-with-apple logo on the back market.

i can because they are not yet competing in that market, and unlike the minor variations in phone screen sizes the 7" is a different machine. I doubt the stats anyway, there is no way they half of all tablets i see are not iPads.
post #217 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota_Steve View Post

True, but eReaders are not tablets in the iPad sense either. So the share may be less than 90% but it is greater than 56%.

Kindle fire? Or plain old kindle? People certainly buy Fires instead of iPads, and they're definitely the same market. Different ends of it, but the same market. Kindle classic, certainly not the same market.

You can't just say the iPad has 90% of the NICE Pad market and be happy. It competes with basic tablets too, and they count.

Same way you could say well, Apple has 90% of the NICE desktop market, if you don't count crappy HPs/Dells costing $500, but that's BS.

The Tablet market has a full range of options. Apple doesn't need to have 90% of it. If you stake your happiness or Apple's superiority on it having 90% of the market, you're going to be fighting a losing battle for a LONG time.

Trust me. The guys in white collars at Apple HQ don't want 90% of the tablet market. They want 100% of the expensive tablet market, and that's what they've got right now. Just like in the PC world where they have 90% of the $1200+ desktop and laptop markets. That's what Apple wants. They don't kid themselves and say that nobody can make a cheap knock-off and sell it for half and make a few sales to first timers. Apple wants the upgrader market, and the Mercedes buyer market.
post #218 of 423
Quote:

i can because they are not yet competing in that market, and unlike the minor variations in phone screen sizes the 7" is a different machine. I doubt the stats anyway, there is no way they half of all tablets i see are not iPads.

Um yeah... you can. But it's meaningless.

Also, why would you quote yourself in your signature? Can't find anyone with any chops who agrees with that ridiculous sentiment?
post #219 of 423
Quote:

Trust me. The guys in white collars at Apple HQ don't want 90% of the tablet market. They want 100% of the expensive tablet market, and that's what they've got right now. Just like in the PC world where they have 90% of the $1200+ desktop and laptop markets. That's what Apple wants. They don't kid themselves and say that nobody can make a cheap knock-off and sell it for half and make a few sales to first timers. Apple wants the upgrader market, and the Mercedes buyer market.

They probably want 75% of the tablet market - something like the iPod market, and something they can easily achieve.

I am tired of this kind of argument, Apple is not for the rich. It is not even just for the middle class. The iPad is cheap. The iPad 2 is cheaper. There is no cheaper 10" model, and since the cost of screens is a large issue, there won't be, unless the Kindle 10" is way subsidised.

This is by far the best argument I have seen on the issue.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno..._success_.html
post #220 of 423
That piece has all the wisdom of a person trying to stop a run away train by lying across the tracks. Chances are you will get ran over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Wow the media sure do try hard don't they?

The Mixed Blessings of the iPad's Retina Display
The iPad's screen is amazing--but for lovers of magazines, photos, and videos, there may be some unexpected downsides
post #221 of 423
Quote:

Um yeah... you can. But it's meaningless.

It's not meaningless as they are totally different maker sectors which the iPad/Apple is not competing in yet. The market for the 7" tablet is not the same as that for the 10" tablet. I have no absolute certainty whether Apple will enter the 7" market, but I suspect they might ( albeit with a 4-3 form factor).

In any case I doubt the stats anyway. The installed base for iPads is much larger than the non-APple tablets - since that 56% was one Q, but even then I doubt the one Q stats. Were it true worldwide then Android tablets would be more common. I don't see any.
post #222 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Well, the thing is, "running a business" generally involves managing emails, scheduling, accounts, payments, orders, assets, possibly a web presence, payroll, records, various forms, etc.

There's nothing in that list that isn't well within the capabilities of an iPad. In terms of actual computing horsepower, they're trivial. For certain things a keyboard is handy, but those are available for the iPad as well.

Even if your specific preferred software isn't yet available, that's not a structural problem with the iPad, it's just a matter of the newness of the platform. With the speed at which the iPad is moving into various markets, new business software is coming online daily. Arguably the biggest hole is Office, but rumor has it that's on the way (and MS would be foolish not to, even if they wait until after their Windows 8 version is shipping).

Even within the specific feature sets of a given iPad port of a given software title the same principle applies as what I'm claiming for computers-- that for instance Office is vastly more powerful and unwieldy than most users want or need, and an iPad version, while almost certainly less expansive than its desktop counterpart, will nevertheless probably satisfy the majority of the use cases. I suspect that's true of a whole raft of software titles-- tablet ports are going to focus on what's really needed, and discard several generations of feature bloat. At which point people start wondering the same thing they wonder when they start using their iPad for a lot of tasks formerly done on desktops or laptops-- "Why did I need all that extra stuff"?

Actually the biggest thing that is missing from that list is a file manager. Now I've discuss this with a lot of people on this board and most say it really isn't a big deal. I beg to differ, I like having full control over the way my data is stored on my device. Which folders contain what and which applications can save or read from certain folders. There is also the need to backup folders, zip large files, access multiple NAS drives or just even one Windows server.

On my Android tablet I use a file manager by the name of FX, right not I have my work server mounted over VPN as a folder, my two home servers and my next door neighbors (we share a media server). To watch a movie I simply double tap on the file and it starts streaming. These features are available out of the box as is having pretty much every codec needed.

To get even close to most of these features on my iPad I had to fork out an additional 50 bucks in apps. I still don't have a file manager though. I'm not asking for one that is as powerful as what's available in the Android world but I think Apple can give me one where I can at least access the home directory. ....and no I don't want to use iTunes, that's retarded.

I use my iPad 2 for making and recording my music for that the iPad 2 is incredible. Multimedia and work stuff I use my Asus Slider.

I am in a dilemma though, I'm not sure if I want to sell my iPad 2 and get the new one. The speed on the iPad 2 is fine and I doubt the iPad 3 will make much difference there but that screen is defiantly a hmmmmmmm. Then there is Asus's new Padphone which is the coolest Phone/Tablet/Netbook that I have ever seen, gosh I'm really stuck.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #223 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

That piece has all the wisdom of a person trying to stop a run away train by lying across the tracks. Chances are you will get ran over.

He is indeed rationalizing a very solid advantage apple has, but he does have a point that magazine sizes are going to be pretty damn big to store on the ipad. He wouldn't be able to make this point however is apple had elected to go with 32/64/128 gb, as a lot of us had been asking for, and finally bump the ipad in capacities and not keep them the same for 3 years, the coming one included.
post #224 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

hen there is Asus's new Padphone which is the coolest Phone/Tablet/Netbook that I have ever seen, gosh I'm really stuck.

How many Phone/Tablet/Netbook combos have you seen?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #225 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Yes folks, I am back. For some reason I have not been able to log in for over one year.

It helps to remember your correct password.

Anyway....welcome back.
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
post #226 of 423
Apple Domination. Post PC. By 2015 the only wintel devices will be Dell Servers in the enterprise and a few gaming rigs for the dwindling hardcore gamers in neverland!
post #227 of 423
Given that last quarter was their best ever for the iPad and they sold 15 million (slightly over 1 million per week), I would not be surprised if they sold 2 million over the weekend. Even my mother knew the "iPad 3" was coming out about 3 weeks ago and I'm guessing sales of the old version tapered off a bit. Unlike with the 4S launch, though, this release is happening in the current fiscal quarter and will be included in their results reported next month, so hopefully they'll avoid "missing earnings" the way they did in October.

That said, given how close the new launch has been to the holiday quarter the past two years, I wonder if they will tinker a bit with the release schedule (perhaps another reason to drop the numbering scheme). Macs are on a mostly predictable, but not uniform release schedule. They get updated when they get updated, and there is no set expectation of an update every 12 months as there is for the iPad and had been (prior to the 4S) for the iPhone.
post #228 of 423
Quote:

iPad market share has fallen from 95% at launch to 56% today, so while it's still the dominant tablet I don't think Apple can be complacent. The iPad is by far the best tablet on the market and yet is only has 56% market share. Clearly the other tablets have some market traction which is only going to increase as more brands release competitor models.

Ah yes... market share.

Technically... market share is measured when a product leaves the factory and enters the channel.

It's an interesting statistic... but I've yet to see what all those Android tablet shipments have done for those Android OEMs.

None of the Android OEMs can tell us how many tablets actually reach consumers... which to me is a far more meaningful statistic. What good are all those tablets if they are sitting in a warehouse not being used?

Apple has no problem publishing their quarterly unit sales in their SEC filings... tablets that are actually in the hands of consumers.

If I was an Android developer... hearing that Apple has slipped to only 56%... leaving 39% for Android tablets... by golly, that sounds great! But it's a false hope. Most of those Android tablet shipments haven't reached consumers. Much of that Android market share is simply shipments to stores... not into the hands of app-buying customers. No wonder developers aren't jumping all over Android. And it's been over a year since the Xoom and dozens of other Android tablets hit the market.

The better statistic is... there are over 50 million iPads out in the world. Developers are happy... customers are happy. And if these pre-orders are any indication... there will be a million more iPads added each week for the foreseeable future.

The truth is... Apple is dominating FAR more than the market share numbers tell.

Apple sells every iPad they can make... while most Android tablets sit on the shelf like a puppy in a pet store... begging to be taken home.
post #229 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

With the ability to pre-order and pick up in the store on launch day they will still have the lines.

I would assume a lot of the preorders are being shipped directly to the doorstep....like most are saying on this thread.
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
post #230 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

How many Phone/Tablet/Netbook combos have you seen?

Hehehe none, that is why it's the best. You can now pre-order it and I'm beside myself if I should consolidate my phone, tablet and notebook. I kind have already done that with my Asus Slider. That Krait cpu is just so awesome though.
post #231 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

and then you do give it away. What next, are you going to tell us he was dead the whole time.

I didn't give anything away.

That particular character died in the last episode. That aired last week.

I look forward to watching tonight's episode on my favorite channel: BitTorrent.
Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
post #232 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Apple has no problem publishing their quarterly unit sales in their SEC filings... tablets that are actually in the hands of consumers.

To be fair some of their numbers are committed, non-reversable sales to retailers that may not have reached customers hands or in some cases may still be in retailer distribution centers before being sent to stores.

post #233 of 423
Quote:
Actually the biggest thing that is missing from that list is a file manager. Now I've discuss this with a lot of people on this board and most say it really isn't a big deal. I beg to differ, I like having full control over the way my data is stored on my device. Which folders contain what and which applications can save or read from certain folders. There is also the need to backup folders, zip large files, access multiple NAS drives or just even one Windows server.

On my Android tablet I use a file manager by the name of FX, right not I have my work server mounted over VPN as a folder, my two home servers and my next door neighbors (we share a media server). To watch a movie I simply double tap on the file and it starts streaming. These features are available out of the box as is having pretty much every codec needed.

To get even close to most of these features on my iPad I had to fork out an additional 50 bucks in apps. I still don't have a file manager though. I'm not asking for one that is as powerful as what's available in the Android world but I think Apple can give me one where I can at least access the home directory. ....and no I don't want to use iTunes, that's retarded.

I use my iPad 2 for making and recording my music for that the iPad 2 is incredible. Multimedia and work stuff I use my Asus Slider.

I am in a dilemma though, I'm not sure if I want to sell my iPad 2 and get the new one. The speed on the iPad 2 is fine and I doubt the iPad 3 will make much difference there but that screen is defiantly a hmmmmmmm. Then there is Asus's new Padphone which is the coolest Phone/Tablet/Netbook that I have ever seen, gosh I'm really stuck.

Just use a laptop mate! I use a USB roland QUAD capture and this won't work with an ipad, so I use an Acer Aspire 522 netbook with Win 7 pro, 750G Hard drive and 4 gigs of RAM. I like the ipad but I'm not going to do hardcore stuff with it.
post #234 of 423
Quote:

They probably want 75% of the tablet market - something like the iPod market, and something they can easily achieve.

I am tired of this kind of argument, Apple is not for the rich. It is not even just for the middle class. The iPad is cheap. The iPad 2 is cheaper. There is no cheaper 10" model, and since the cost of screens is a large issue, there won't be, unless the Kindle 10" is way subsidised.

Correct, the iPad doesn't look expensive compared to competitors (note that some are 32GB models)
http://reviews.cnet.com/2733-3126_7-936-4.html
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #235 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Not to mention that an iPad can be PART of running a business. For example, my veterinarian uses an iPad with Square to take payment for his house visits. Sure, one could do this with an iPhone or even Andriod phone, but with the iPad, he's better able to review the charges with me on the larger screen. I didn't ask him, but I'll bet that's not the only thing he uses it for.
post #236 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskivvys View Post

Just use a laptop mate!

Oh, because when the Padphone is connected to the keyboard dock you get 18 - 24 hours of battery and only weighs 2 lbs. So if there is a laptop with that kind of battery life I'm in.
post #237 of 423
Quote:

Hehehe none, that is why it's the best. You can now pre-order it and I'm beside myself if I should consolidate my phone, tablet and notebook. I kind have already done that with my Asus Slider. That Krait cpu is just so awesome though.

I have my doubts about these devices. I've seen the Moto Atrix in action and it sucks. The pointer-based, windowed UI sucks. Android just have it, plus you lose a lot of performance by having everything running in the phone, not to mention each component is expensive.

If you are wanting to consolidate a couple devices I think Win8 as a notebook/tablet or tablet/desktop might offer the best of both worlds. Especially considering an Intel-based CPU that will outperform any ARM CPU. But even that has plenty of cons.

If anyone can do this right I think it's Apple because they do use the same kernel, core OS (Darwin), and many frameworks across their iOS and OS X lines. If anyone can get a phone/tablet with a CocoaTouch UI to instantly and seamlessly switch to the Aqua UI and back again... it's Apple. Of course, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath for that to happen.

post #238 of 423
Quote:

Oh, because when the Padphone is connected to the keyboard dock you get 18 - 24 hours of battery and only ways 2 lbs. So if there is a laptop with that kind of battery life I'm in.

I think there are ARM-based netbooks that can get well over 10 hours and run a windows OS that is actually a decent windowed OS.

post #239 of 423
Quote:

Oh, because when the Padphone is connected to the keyboard dock you get 18 - 24 hours of battery and only weighs 2 lbs. So if there is a laptop with that kind of battery life I'm in.

Oh I really like tablets, touchscreen, battery life, they just make great portable devices and Android is powerful enough for me to run the unix development apps that I need.
post #240 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic

I used to use a keyboard dock the Palm TX about 5 years agos. Those docks don't last long, they are always cheaply made.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple says new iPad response is "off the charts," preorders sold out
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple says new iPad response is "off the charts," preorders sold out