or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › CBS chief argued, then rejected Apple TV subscription pitch from Steve Jobs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CBS chief argued, then rejected Apple TV subscription pitch from Steve Jobs - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Many thieves try to justify their dishonesty. They always seem to have a "reason" why they think it is OK to steal other people's hard work.

But honest people seem to forego lying, cheating and stealing for their own selfish benefit. They don't make flimsy excuses, they simply lead honest lives.

It is pathetic that when thieves gets caught red handed, they turns to bullying and profanity. Very telling.

Not even sure if I'm supposed to take you seriously, since every single one of your posts that I've ever read are predictable in their level of irritation and absurdity. I freely volunteered information that I torrent TV shows that are otherwise IMPOSSIBLE for me to watch. So you 'caught me red handed'? Do you even know what that expression means? Bullying? You defined me as a 'thief', so fuck off with your charade of victimization. Your propensity to be an asshole is incredibly consistent. Have you ever used a DVR? If so, then you're also a thief. So is ever single person who has used a DVR that skips commercials. Because guess what? They're not getting revenue from the ads you're supposed to be watching. Same damn thing as watching it online.

'Stealing' implies someone lost money in a transaction, or an opportunity to pay someone was circumvented. As I explain to you, I had absolutely no means to watch the show. If I didn't torrent it, I simply would not have watched it- do you undertand that concept? They would not have gotten any money either way. I can't even access any of the officially streaming websites of the networks, they're blocked in Canada. So your solution is 'deal with it, and accept the fact that you can't watch 95% of the shows you want to watch'. Sorry, that isn't a reasonable option for me. If they don't give me an opportunity to pay, I will watch by other means. They've passed over their chance to get money from me, and thats not my fault. And sorry, I don't have the patience to wait 6+ months so I can buy the DVDs of a show I'm interested in watching. Not only do I have no interest in overpriced DVDs, because I watch every episode exactly ONCE and don't need physical copies, expecting someone to wait that long for someone as benign as a TV show is not reasonable. So take your judgemental bullshit and your self-righteous claim to honesty and shove it up your ass. Something tells me your character isn't something to be proud of, as this tends to be the case with ultra judgemental people and chronic trolls like you.

Go back to your jabbing of dead cancer victims, it seems that's your forte in life. Watching a show online is not nearly as despicable as the things you say on this board.
post #82 of 89
This jackass is against everything, He preferred HD-DVD to Blu-ray, hated iTunes, probably was against DVD (for Divx: a pay per view disk), VHS and 78 rpm.

I guess he called in sick on the day they went over business calibration in colllege. He's probably too young, but he could of been responsible for canceling Star Trek, Killing Arp, degrading Fender and was behind the false documents that cost Dan Rather his job.
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

[...] Moonves' candid remarks serve as some of the most concrete indications that the company was actively pursuing partnerships with content providers. [...]

And only the content providers who said "no" are talking. Ain't that right Les? Well guess what. We've seen over and over again that if you don't play nice with Apple, or if you go public with things that Apple wants you to keep secret, they'll crush you. Happened with ATI when they prematurely released news about upcoming iMacs (MWSF 2000), happened with Motorola when they refused to make a phone that was actually a decent iTunes player (ROKR), and it just might happen to CBS if they refuse Apple's iCloud terms.

Reminds me of a quote:

"... how on earth can history get past people like me?"
- Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner, "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country")

.

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

You're probably right. I've noticed the ego's do tend to be bigger in the TV & Film industries.

The real problem is that CBS is a broadcaster and a content provider. What we need is for the US/EU regulators to step in a seperate the two. That way Apple would be free to buy or licence the content from the film/tv makers themselves in competition with CBS. CBS and the other networks would not be able to act as a roadblock to new technology simply so they can maintain their antiqauted business models.

Precisely! Well put, well put. I couldn't have said it better myself. Apple should be able to compete with CBS for the licensing rights to content - period. If you think about it, just about every form of media has a business model that is now outdated. I think Steve saw that before anyone else really did. He saw the potential to overhaul several media markets and was in a great position to do something about it. It's just a damn shame he wasn't given enough time to crack all of them in the balls.
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Not even sure if I'm supposed to take you seriously, since every single one of your posts that I've ever read are predictable in their level of irritation and absurdity. I freely volunteered information that I torrent TV shows that are otherwise IMPOSSIBLE for me to watch. So you 'caught me red handed'? Do you even know what that expression means? Bullying? You defined me as a 'thief', so fuck off with your charade of victimization. Your propensity to be an asshole is incredibly consistent. Have you ever used a DVR? If so, then you're also a thief. So is ever single person who has used a DVR that skips commercials. Because guess what? They're not getting revenue from the ads you're supposed to be watching. Same damn thing as watching it online.

'Stealing' implies someone lost money in a transaction, or an opportunity to pay someone was circumvented. As I explain to you, I had absolutely no means to watch the show. If I didn't torrent it, I simply would not have watched it- do you undertand that concept? They would not have gotten any money either way. I can't even access any of the officially streaming websites of the networks, they're blocked in Canada. So your solution is 'deal with it, and accept the fact that you can't watch 95% of the shows you want to watch'. Sorry, that isn't a reasonable option for me. If they don't give me an opportunity to pay, I will watch by other means. They've passed over their chance to get money from me, and thats not my fault. And sorry, I don't have the patience to wait 6+ months so I can buy the DVDs of a show I'm interested in watching. Not only do I have no interest in overpriced DVDs, because I watch every episode exactly ONCE and don't need physical copies, expecting someone to wait that long for someone as benign as a TV show is not reasonable. So take your judgemental bullshit and your self-righteous claim to honesty and shove it up your ass. Something tells me your character isn't something to be proud of, as this tends to be the case with ultra judgemental people and chronic trolls like you.

Go back to your jabbing of dead cancer victims, it seems that's your forte in life. Watching a show online is not nearly as despicable as the things you say on this board.

So is it you have no way of buying the program including 6+ months later anywhere online or you are in fact steeling it? As in, iPad 3 has now sold out and as I shouldn't have to wait the solution is to steal the display model?

Taking something without paying for it makes you a thief. It doesn't matter what the reasons are it still makes you a thief. So while you freely make a comment that you download torrents, you have to accept that some people are going to react negatively, just as they would if you said your shoplift DVDs from a shop as there is essentially no difference in what you are doing.
post #86 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Buy the DVD, thief. You guys think everything should be free. That is why Apple has to lock down iOS - to keep people from stealing the hard work of developers.


Oh, it's SO inconvenient to not steal - yeah right.

Is he a thief if the shows he torrents are on stations that broadcast on public airwaves? I don't see how torrenting those shows are any different than just installing an antenna.
post #87 of 89
I wonder what his thought will be when Disney (with ABC & ESPN) and FOX sign on. And AT&T and Verizon agreeing to IP transport with regional distributed delivery of ala carte content. Big losers are the timid, Comcast and Time Warner Cable who are bound to coax and the box.

Edit: NBC wont be far behind.
post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

So is it you have no way of buying the program including 6+ months later anywhere online or you are in fact steeling it? As in, iPad 3 has now sold out and as I shouldn't have to wait the solution is to steal the display model?

Taking something without paying for it makes you a thief. It doesn't matter what the reasons are it still makes you a thief. So while you freely make a comment that you download torrents, you have to accept that some people are going to react negatively, just as they would if you said your shoplift DVDs from a shop as there is essentially no difference in what you are doing.

+1 Perfectly said

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Is he a thief if the shows he torrents are on stations that broadcast on public airwaves? I don't see how torrenting those shows are any different than just installing an antenna.

Lol... I'd love to buy the antenna that allows me to watch HBO shows (Game of Thrones- btw- available on Blu ray for 2 weeks when he "couldn't get it" 2 days ago) over the airwaves.



Slurpy- I don't care if you torrent- whatever- that's on you. But don't try to rationalize it, because there isn't a legal or moral rationalization.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Is he a thief if the shows he torrents are on stations that broadcast on public airwaves? I don't see how torrenting those shows are any different than just installing an antenna.

The shows are still copyrighted so it really makes no difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › CBS chief argued, then rejected Apple TV subscription pitch from Steve Jobs