or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year - Page 2

post #41 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

you won't get an answer, most likely, because none of your questions had anything to do with spacevator's comments.

I think he's saying that because Apple makes outsized profits, nothing else could possibly be any good.

It is a common viewpoint around here.
post #42 of 135
. . .

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #43 of 135
It's the Apple television RemoteControl.
post #44 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quite possible. Since the touch is declining year over year, this could be a way to bring more business to it... make it a bit bigger, Retina display, better for gaming...

This is an interesting notion. But it still runs afoul of the idea that either you've got touch targets that are the wrong size, or developers now have got to target a third screen size. Either route is problematic.

And it's entirely possible that all Samsung wants to do is disrupt Apple's market. Someone mentioned an NDA. But NDAs don't apply to bullshit that you make up.
post #45 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

It's the Apple television RemoteControl.


What is? Sorry what you said is a very random post.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #46 of 135
I used a kindle fire once. Wanted to throw it against the wall... Too small!

Apple won't make something frustrating.

MHO
post #47 of 135
How about apple getting rid of the border around the ipad. That should knock an inch off. Edge to edge active screen. No need for a third screen size.
post #48 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

It's the Apple television RemoteControl.

That's what I think as well.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #49 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

What is? Sorry what you said is a very random post.

Title: Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comment from Palegolas: It's the Apple television RemoteControl.

Actually, not random at all.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #50 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netimoon View Post

Even if they hold a genuine info, the questions of whether they leak it as it is or not, is a different matter.

They lie everyday, thru local presses they practically own(being a majority shareholder, sponsorship, bribing to journalists, manipulating people by using Nationalism, etc..), which is about 98% of all media in Korea.

Want some examples?

"Steve Jobs admitted that Samsung Galaxy is better than iPhone, thus decided to sue Samsung for plagiarism."

"Samsung founder Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to ruin a company in 1980s. And now Mr. Jobs turned Mr. Lee's favor into betrayal, suing Samsung."

"Apple is guilty of infringing Samsung's patents." (deliberately omitting that patents are under F.R.A.N.D. agreement)

"Several American media praised Samsung Galaxy over iPhone, saying that Galaxy is world's best smartphone." (I discovered the original posts and found out, they chose Samsung Galaxy as the best Android phone, not the best smartphone. There's a huge difference between two expressions.)

"iPhone fever in China is false. All the Chinese people waiting in line in front of Apple Store Shanghai are hired by Apple." (that was a misinterpretation by a Korean journalist. Some of that people were actually hired by other rich people who want iPhone on their hands first, not by Apple. But the journalist never published a correction. Guess why.)

"Steve Jobs was afraid of Samsung Galaxy, so decided to put Tim Cook on stage instead of himself. Thus he can blame Tim Cook's inadequacy for iPhone 4S' expected failure." (one day after this press is published, Mr. Jobs died. Then, this preposterous internet article magically disappeared, without any explanation.)


These are tiny evidence of actual article headlines published last year (there are a lot more). And most of Koreans believe what they read, with ignorance of our(Korean) presses are under Samsung's control. (exclude me and a few.)


This is why Republic of S.(south) Korea is actually pronounced as Republic of Samsung Korea(삼성공화국).

Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to RUIN a company? Um, that's most probably a typo, but it's hilarious in its irony. (Not laughing at you for the typo itself--my fingers get ahead of my brain too.)
post #51 of 135
Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display. Taking that business elsewhere would negatively impact Samsung and could reduce some of the ridiculous FRAND litigation they are suing over.

On the other hand, Apple must not be reckless. As displayed with the new iPad's display, other vendors are simply not yet up to the challenge. I'd love to see Apple switch to Sharp for displays and TSMC for processors. Even though Sharp might compete with them in the mobile (and potentially, the TV ) arena, I don't think things would be as nasty as they are with Samsung.
post #52 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Title: Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comment from Palegolas: It's the Apple television RemoteControl.

Actually, not random at all.

Ah gotcha, I understand now. Sorry it's just most post have a lead in.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #53 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Guy View Post

How about apple getting rid of the border around the ipad. That should knock an inch off. Edge to edge active screen. No need for a third screen size.

Oh man I've wanted a borderless tablet for ever now. That would be the coolest. The nearest I've seen is on my Nokia N9 and Nokia Lumia 800. In fact it will probably be Nokia that comes out with the first borderless tablet when they release their Windows 8 tablet this year. Fingers crossed of course.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #54 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display.

They would if they could. But they can't.

Apple is desperate. Nobody can match Samsung's quality.
post #55 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display. Taking that business elsewhere would negatively impact Samsung and could reduce some of the ridiculous FRAND litigation they are suing over.

On the other hand, Apple must not be reckless. As displayed with the new iPad's display, other vendors are simply not yet up to the challenge. I'd love to see Apple switch to Sharp for displays and TSMC for processors. Even though Sharp might compete with them in the mobile (and potentially, the TV ) arena, I don't think things would be as nasty as they are with Samsung.

Apple also needs to cough it up and pay for the development of some tech, so much effort, r and d, and money, is being placed on non reflective coatings for screens and apple just gets a great display and sticks on top a horrid untreated glass as on the iMacs? Are they going to start paying to develop any new tech or are they just content to see the small players coughing it up and antagonising for new technology while they go and appropriate it later on based on their clout and established product line up?
post #56 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat Thins View Post

I used a kindle fire once. Wanted to throw it against the wall... Too small!

Apple won't make something frustrating.

MHO

I know aren't they the worse pieces sh*tt. I would rather have some random Chinese plastic tablet for 200 bucks. At least with those I could do what I want with it and not feel like I was locked up in some room without windows.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #57 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Apple also needs to cough it up and pay for the development of some tech, so much effort, r and d, and money, is being placed on non reflective coatings for screens and apple just gets a great display and sticks on top a horrid untreated glass as on the iMacs? Are they going to start paying to develop any new tech or are they just content to see the small players coughing it up and antagonising for new technology while they go and appropriate it later on based on their clout and established product line up?

Wait what, Apple isn't using Gorilla Glass? That's insane, oh my gosh I was wondering why my iPad 2 scratches so easily. WTF, I'm sorry but this is a big, big mistake. Are you sure? I need to look this up, be back in a minute.

Edit:

Your right, they don't. I always assumed due to the price. You know what I have a few scratches on my iPad 2 that I never new how I got. My Asus Slider which has Gorillas Glass doesn't have a single scratch on it, I'm not abusive towards it but it is my main machine and it is in my bag everyday, still looks like the day I bought it. My Apple iPad which I baby has scratches all over it and I wipe it with a cloth. Man I should have known.

This really isn't right, I'm sorry but the iPad is the most expensive tablet on the market. You have Motorola now making all of their tablets water proof and scratch resistant but Apple says no, f*ck that.

Not nice Apple, not nice at all.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #58 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... an unnamed Samsung official allegedly told an Korean publication...

Wow, great journalism. Almost on par with the horrid investigative analysis of CNET. And for those crying NDA breach, get a life. This is a rumour and Samsung is not stupid enough to do this for fear of retribution.

"My friend knows a guy who knows a friend who may have said something.... NDA BREACH!"
post #59 of 135
it just doesn't make sense for apple to release a 7" device. Apple redefined the portable market with the 9.7" screen. Everyone else decided to copy and say well, lets make it look like it...but make it 7". (Samsung Galaxy Tab? Remember?) I don't see apple doing this. To me it seems like they would be going backwards. They may, but i just don't see it. Same thing with the TV stuff. It just doesn't make sense. Apple TV will "suffice" for $99.
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
post #60 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmb0037 View Post

it just doesn't make sense for apple to release a 7" device. Apple redefined the portable market with the 9.7" screen. Everyone else decided to copy and say well, lets make it look like it...but make it 7". (Samsung Galaxy Tab? Remember?) I don't see apple doing this. To me it seems like they would be going backwards. They may, but i just don't see it. Same thing with the TV stuff. It just doesn't make sense. Apple TV will "suffice" for $99.

Why? Your not thinking this threw, ok Apple has a 3.5" iOS device then the next step up is 9.7". Nothing in between. You might not understand but the millions of customers that Samsung, Barnes & Noble and Amazon sold 7" inch tablets to last year, do. I for one love my Samsung 7.7 tablet, best form factor ever, regardless of what Jobs thought. It fits nicely into my busy mobile life and a lot of other people agree as well. I get 12 hours of battery life out of my Samsung consistently, I charge it once every 3 days and it still has 30% on the charge when I do. So if Apple can match that, well they'll have one heck of a buying frenzy on their hands.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #61 of 135
these 7.85″ tablets will come with iSandpaper, so that users can file down their fingers so they can use them.
post #62 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacevator View Post

I have an iPad2 and an iPhone4 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Let me tell you. The iPad2 (and new Ipad) is nice but too heavy. The iPhone screen is too small. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has a beautiful Super AMOLED screen (1200x800) that is what Apple wants. It is vastly superior to yesterday's IPS LCD! the Tab is also very light, thin and has a 10+ hour battery. Apple has to compete with this superior tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

Constant and systematical free advertisement, then bandwagon mentality? Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

None of what you said has anything to do with what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I don't think he was bringing down the current iPad just saying that the Samsung 7.7 is pretty amazing and if Apple is to release a smaller sized iPad then this is the one to beat. I happen to agree with him as I just purchased one last week and I have to say it's hands down the best ..... blah blah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

you won't get an answer, most likely, because none of your questions had anything to do with spacevator's comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

They would if they could. But they can't.

Apple is desperate. Nobody can match Samsung's quality.

Wow. The paid-by-the -post Samsung employees are all out in force!

Whenever an AI headline mentions "Samsung"..... it's like all those Bourne-types, that awake on cue.....
post #63 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

No contract for you!

Since the news out today was that Apple had to go with Samsung for new iPad displays, since LG and Sharp's quality wasn't up to snuff, I don't think Apple has another place to go. They're really between a rock and a hard place with Samsung.
post #64 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Why? Your not thinking this threw, ok Apple has a 3.5" iOS device then the next step up is 9.7". Nothing in between. You might not understand but the millions of customers that Samsung, Barnes & Noble and Amazon sold 7" inch tablets to last year, do. I for one love my Samsung 7.7 tablet, best form factor ever, regardless of what Jobs thought. It fits nicely into my busy mobile life and a lot of other people agree as well. I get 12 hours of battery life out of my Samsung consistently, I charge it once every 3 days and it still has 30% on the charge when I do. So if Apple can match that, well they'll have one heck of a buying frenzy on their hands.

The first thing people always ask about the kindle fire is "oh this is the $200 tablet right?" The millions of people who "enjoy" their toy isn't because of the features it carries, but the price tag it has. You are a worthy exception because its always great to see tablets and mini tablets in the workplace. But no 7" tablet can begin to match up to the iPad. Its hard to call anything 7" a tablet. Just a color, multimedia e-reader.
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
post #65 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmb0037 View Post

The first thing people always ask about the kindle fire is "oh this is the $200 tablet right?" The millions of people who "enjoy" their toy isn't because of the features it carries, but the price tag it has. You are a worthy exception because its always great to see tablets and mini tablets in the workplace. But no 7" tablet can begin to match up to the iPad. Its hard to call anything 7" a tablet. Just a color, multimedia e-reader.

Well the Samsung is 7.7 not exactly 7 and it's very, very usable. So much so that anyone who has used to a 10 inch tablet would have no problem using the Samsung. Apple due to it's screen ration would most likely use 7.8" and that is a very usable resolution. Are you just guessing here or have you used a Samsung 7.7 tablet before because I would put money down that if you played with it for a week you would be begging Apple to come out with one of their own.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #66 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post

Does anybody else find it odd that this rumor is released on the same day that Bloomberg reports that the new iPad Retina screens are all made by Samsung.

Is Samsung mocking Apple?

No. The two facts support the same thing. Samsung is releasing news that will cause their share price to rise. They're at an all-time high right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh man I've wanted a borderless tablet for ever now. That would be the coolest. The nearest I've seen is on my Nokia N9 and Nokia Lumia 800. In fact it will probably be Nokia that comes out with the first borderless tablet when they release their Windows 8 tablet this year. Fingers crossed of course.

It's too easy to activate a borderless tablet by mistake. If it's small enough to hold in one hand, that's one thing. but a 10" tablet is clearly too big to work well without a border to hold it with. I'm not sure about 8", but my guess is that it would be too large to hold without a border, too.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #67 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netimoon View Post

Even if they hold a genuine info, the questions of whether they leak it as it is or not, is a different matter.

They lie everyday, thru local presses they practically own(being a majority shareholder, sponsorship, bribing to journalists, manipulating people by using Nationalism, etc..), which is about 98% of all media in Korea.

Want some examples?

"Steve Jobs admitted that Samsung Galaxy is better than iPhone, thus decided to sue Samsung for plagiarism."

"Samsung founder Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to ruin a company in 1980s. And now Mr. Jobs turned Mr. Lee's favor into betrayal, suing Samsung."

"Apple is guilty of infringing Samsung's patents." (deliberately omitting that patents are under F.R.A.N.D. agreement)

"Several American media praised Samsung Galaxy over iPhone, saying that Galaxy is world's best smartphone." (I discovered the original posts and found out, they chose Samsung Galaxy as the best Android phone, not the best smartphone. There's a huge difference between two expressions.)

"iPhone fever in China is false. All the Chinese people waiting in line in front of Apple Store Shanghai are hired by Apple." (that was a misinterpretation by a Korean journalist. Some of that people were actually hired by other rich people who want iPhone on their hands first, not by Apple. But the journalist never published a correction. Guess why.)

"Steve Jobs was afraid of Samsung Galaxy, so decided to put Tim Cook on stage instead of himself. Thus he can blame Tim Cook's inadequacy for iPhone 4S' expected failure." (one day after this press is published, Mr. Jobs died. Then, this preposterous internet article magically disappeared, without any explanation.)


These are tiny evidence of actual article headlines published last year (there are a lot more). And most of Koreans believe what they read, with ignorance of our(Korean) presses are under Samsung's control. (exclude me and a few.)


This is why Republic of S.(south) Korea is actually pronounced as Republic of Samsung Korea(삼성공화국).

thanks for posting that, very interesting. it's sad that some people can be so petty.

as for the rumor, my guess is that the screens are going to be for dedicated remotes for the apple TV. that would make for a slick remote (with or without Siri), that would also function as a controller for games.

edit: speaking of petty, after reading Galbi's post, I'd like to add that I give major props to Koreans in general for their design talents, so many great designers (see yankodesign.com). it just appears that none of them are working in Samsungs mobile computing device department haha. they really need to transfer whomever made this beauty:
http://gizmodo.com/5884611/samsungs-...plate-division
post #68 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. The paid-by-the -post Samsung employees are all out in force!

Whenever an AI headline mentions "Samsung"..... it's like all those Bourne-types, that awake on cue.....

do you read anything you quote before you comment? because your comments are retarded in this thread.

I didn't say anything pro-samsung, neither did emacs...Zither is always sarcastic or mocking, and Sensi? I dunno his deal yet haven't seen enough of his posts.

Relic offered a rather indepth reason behind his preference of a 7in tablet and his desire to purchase this rumored 7.85in iPad.

Spacevater simply saying a company other than Apple may have superior tech in some regards isn't pro-Anything, it's simply FACTUAL...Apple may have the best mesh of tech (hard and software) but that doesn't mean they always have the best tech.
post #69 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. The paid-by-the -post Samsung employees are all out in force!

Whenever an AI headline mentions "Samsung"..... it's like all those Bourne-types, that awake on cue.....

Oh get off your Apple is the only company that can possibly make quality tech high horse. What am I talking about Apple doesn't manufacture anything, they develop. Samsung is one of the most innovative company's when it comes to screen technology in the world period. I would never own a flat screen TV that wasn't manufactured by Samsung. They are the best, just as Apple is the best at designing computers, I didn't say manufacturing because they don't do that, they hire company's like Samsung. Why because they can make things like the Retna display possible. We all have a dream but it's finding good people to make those dreams come true that's the hardest.

Oh and the reason why us so called payed by Samsung employees jump to the oppourtunity to praise them is because we own a product by them and it's probably incredible, just like you do with your Apple products. Me to, I do the same with Apple,
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #70 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

No. The two facts support the same thing. Samsung is releasing news that will cause their share price to rise. They're at an all-time high right now.



It's too easy to activate a borderless tablet by mistake. If it's small enough to hold in one hand, that's one thing. but a 10" tablet is clearly too big to work well without a border to hold it with. I'm not sure about 8", but my guess is that it would be too large to hold without a border, too.

Yea I guess your right, the more I think about it I would be doing a lot of wiping. Just thinking at how it would look though makes me drool. Functional or not, yea I still would want one.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #71 of 135
[QUOTE=Apfeltosh;2071156]Wow, great journalism. Almost on par with the horrid investigative analysis of CNET. And for those crying NDA breach, get a life. This is a rumour and Samsung is not stupid enough to do this for fear of retribution.

"My friend knows a guy who knows a friend who may have said something.... NDA BREACH!"[/

Very insightful comeback

Windows survivor - after a long, epic and painful struggle. Very long AAPL

Reply

Windows survivor - after a long, epic and painful struggle. Very long AAPL

Reply
post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Spacevater simply saying a company other than Apple may have superior tech ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh get off your Apple is the only company that can possibly make quality tech high horse. .....

Why are you guys evading my question - originally posed to Spacevater - on what the market acceptance for this 7.7" Samsung product has been? If it's been poor, why? If you think it's not, any proof?

Who cares what a few Android geeks think in an Apple forum. All you guys ever go on about is the wet dreams you have with some obscure Samsung product.

You guys get off it. Indeed, get off here, if you please.
post #73 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

I heard some people talk bad (sometimes with sly jokes or jabs) about Koreans in general on this board (due to Samsung's home country).

I've read statements that all Koreans were "copy" cats because of one company.

They even started throwing in companies from other industries into the mix (like Hyundai and Kia for instance)

Are you a "copy cat" too?

You should be offended.

What is wrong with you? Corporations are not people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netimoon View Post

Even if they hold a genuine info, the questions of whether they leak it as it is or not, is a different matter.

They lie everyday, thru local presses they practically own(being a majority shareholder, sponsorship, bribing to journalists, manipulating people by using Nationalism, etc..), which is about 98% of all media in Korea.

Want some examples?

"Steve Jobs admitted that Samsung Galaxy is better than iPhone, thus decided to sue Samsung for plagiarism."

"Samsung founder Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to run a company in 1980s. And now Mr. Jobs turned Mr. Lee's favor into betrayal, suing Samsung."

"Apple is guilty of infringing Samsung's patents." (deliberately omitting that patents are under F.R.A.N.D. agreement)

"Several American media praised Samsung Galaxy over iPhone, saying that Galaxy is world's best smartphone." (I discovered the original posts and found out, they chose Samsung Galaxy as the best Android phone, not the best smartphone. There's a huge difference between two expressions.)

"iPhone fever in China is false. All the Chinese people waiting in line in front of Apple Store Shanghai are hired by Apple." (that was a misinterpretation by a Korean journalist. Some of that people were actually hired by other rich people who want iPhone on their hands first, not by Apple. But the journalist never published a correction. Guess why.)

"Steve Jobs was afraid of Samsung Galaxy, so decided to put Tim Cook on stage instead of himself. Thus he can blame Tim Cook's inadequacy for iPhone 4S' expected failure." (one day after this press is published, Mr. Jobs died. Then, this preposterous internet article magically disappeared, without any explanation.)


These are tiny evidence of actual article headlines published last year (there are a lot more). And most of Koreans believe what they read, with ignorance of our(Korean) presses are under Samsung's control. (exclude me and a few.)


This is why Republic of S.(south) Korea is actually pronounced as Republic of Samsung Korea(삼성공화국).

Very Orwellian! Almost unbelievable!

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply
post #74 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

They would if they could. But they can't.

Apple is desperate. Nobody can match Samsung's quality.

you like samsung. we get it
post #75 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Why are you guys evading my question - originally posed to Spacevater - on what the market acceptance for this 7.7" Samsung product has been? If it's been poor, why? If you think it's not, any proof?

Who cares what a few Android geeks think in an Apple forum. All you guys ever go on about is the wet dreams you have with some obscure Samsung product.

You guys get off it. Indeed, get off here, if you please.

what
the
f****
are
you
talking
about
?

Let me summarize his original comment as well as offer further commentary for you so you can possibly understand (which is doubtful since you appear to have the cranial density of lead)

Of ALL the comments in this thread only one was obviously anti-Apple...only one comment in this thread was decidedly pro-Samsung...

Spacevater said, to paraphrase for you, I'll try and keep the words at one or two syllables:

"iPad = good. I like Samsung 7.7 due to weight and better portability plus deeper blacks. it is a good product. Apple needs to compete here."

Now considering that spacevator owns an iPad and likes the 7.7 and prefers it's size...wouldn't that suggest that he desires to actually get the iPad 7.85 if it were to be released? Could you not read that between the lines? It's quite obvious actually.
post #76 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfrederick View Post

you like samsung. we get it

you need to familiarize yourself with Zither...90% of the time he's being either facetious, sarcastic, or mocking...the other 10% of the time he actually makes good posts. once you familiarize yourself it's rather easy to discern which is which.
post #77 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Why are you guys evading my question - originally posed to Spacevater - on what the market acceptance for this 7.7" Samsung product has been? If it's been poor, why? If you think it's not, any proof?

Who cares what a few Android geeks think in an Apple forum. All you guys ever go on about is the wet dreams you have with some obscure Samsung product.

You guys get off it. Indeed, get off here, if you please.

Also the market acceptance for almost all tablets has been poor...thanks largely to the popularity of what is arguably the best tablet out there...the iPad.

Plus pricing, and ecosystem suck for Android tablets as well. Also until ICS the OS itself was a slapped together POS.
post #78 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Why are you guys evading my question - originally posed to Spacevater - on what the market acceptance for this 7.7" Samsung product has been? If it's been poor, why? If you think it's not, any proof?

Who cares what a few Android geeks think in an Apple forum. All you guys ever go on about is the wet dreams you have with some obscure Samsung product.

You guys get off it. Indeed, get off here, if you please.

Nope I was here waaayyy before you ever were so I think I'll stay a while if you please.
I wasn't talking about the performance of Samsung tablets on the market just that there is quite a few people that would appreciate a iPad 7.8 tablet.

Commenting on your post I was talking about Samsung's display market in which they are king at the moment just like Apple is in the tablet market.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #79 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

you need to familiarize yourself with Zither...90% of the time he's being either facetious, sarcastic, or mocking...the other 10% of the time he actually makes good posts. once you familiarize yourself it's rather easy to discern which is which.

thanks for the lesson, but I think I, anantksundaram, and likely most of the people here, would rather the trolls just leave so we can have a productive discussion

about those screens.. anybody else think apple is coming out with a 1080p resolution remote for their TV? this rumor makes me think apple might actually do the TV thing.
post #80 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfrederick View Post

about those screens.. anybody else think apple is coming out with a 1080p resolution remote for their TV? this rumor makes me think apple might actually do the TV thing.

I think both are simply 'throw them off' rumors designed to keep the competition scrambling to lie about their own products and waste hundreds of millions preparing for a storm that won't ever come.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year