or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year - Page 3

post #81 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfrederick View Post

thanks for the lesson, but I think I, anantksundaram, and likely most of the people here, would rather the trolls just leave so we can have a productive discussion

about those screens.. anybody else think apple is coming out with a 1080p resolution remote for their TV? this rumor makes me think apple might actually do the TV thing.

it's possible but I think that'd be pointless...for one it'd severely limit one handed operation...secondly, though Apple is rich as hell, it's a needless expense on a remote...and thirdly a simple app for an iPad or an iPhone would be just as productive IMO.

a 7.85in remote just seems illogical. Especially if it's only a remote.

Though "Find my Remote" would be an epic and much needed feature!!!
post #82 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yea I guess your right, the more I think about it I would be doing a lot of wiping. Just thinking at how it would look though makes me drool. Functional or not, yea I still would want one.

what if the border was read(view) only though? that would work.
post #83 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think both are simply 'throw them off' rumors designed to keep the competition scrambling to lie about their own products and waste hundreds of millions preparing for a storm that won't ever come.

Apple releasing a 300 dollar tablet would officially destroy any decent competition the iPad may have (hah)...this rumor coming from Samsung would do more harm to them than good.
post #84 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls View Post

what if the border was read(view) only though? that would work.

probably...more likely though is someone makes use of that new tech where the touchscreen can tell what part of you is touching it and will only react to finger tips or something.
post #85 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

What is wrong with you? Corporations are not people.


Dont tell me about it. Tell that to some of the Apple fans on this very website. All I'm doing is summarizing some of their statements.

It's true. Some of the Apple fans in this board likes to generalize an entire nations people just by the acts of a few corporation.

I'll dig up names and quotes once I get home.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #86 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls View Post

what if the border was read(view) only though? that would work.

Oh my gosh what if you were able to choose the frame you want. Ok think, say one inch around the iPad 7.8" is only available for the bezel but bezel is customizable, you can choose what you want. An all black one, a wood one, a funny one your choice. That would be so, so cool. Where can I order, I want one now damit!

But Apple, stop screwing us, this new iPad better have Gorilla glass.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #87 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

you need to familiarize yourself with Zither...90% of the time he's being either facetious, sarcastic, or mocking...the other 10% of the time he actually makes good posts. once you familiarize yourself it's rather easy to discern which is which.

Really? When is he going to post the 10% which contain good points? All of his posts to date have been junk so he owes us about 90 good ones.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #88 of 135
Is this not sad when all I can say is how much and when for a release of a smaller iPad?
post #89 of 135
In 2010 Steve Jobs stood before an audience and proclaimed that Apple saw a potential category of devices between a smartphone and laptop. This was born the iPad. Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #90 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

The iPhaodne!

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #91 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh my gosh what if you were able to choose the frame you want. Ok think, say one inch around the iPad 7.8" is only available for the bezel but bezel is customizable, you can choose what you want. An all black one, a wood one, a funny one your choice. That would be so, so cool. Where can I order, I want one now damit!

But Apple, stop screwing us, this new iPad better have Gorilla glass.

thinking a bit further: could all be done in software and configurable width, even sides, in case you wanted a button/interaction area on the opposite side of the hand holding... depending on orientation.

I love the border bling idea
post #92 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Nope I was here waaayyy before you ever were so I think I'll stay a while if you please.
I wasn't talking about the performance of Samsung tablets on the market just that there is quite a few people that would appreciate a iPad 7.8 tablet.

Commenting on your post I was talking about Samsung's display market in which they are king at the moment just like Apple is in the tablet market.

If there are "quite a few," they would be here by now. The fact that they aren't should surely tell you something? That outside of a few tech geeks, consumers couldn't give a damn?
post #93 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

what
the
f****
are
you
talking
about
?

Let me summarize his original comment as well as offer further commentary for you so you can possibly understand (which is doubtful since you appear to have the cranial density of lead)

Of ALL the comments in this thread only one was obviously anti-Apple...only one comment in this thread was decidedly pro-Samsung...

Spacevater said, to paraphrase for you, I'll try and keep the words at one or two syllables:

"iPad = good. I like Samsung 7.7 due to weight and better portability plus deeper blacks. it is a good product. Apple needs to compete here."

Now considering that spacevator owns an iPad and likes the 7.7 and prefers it's size...wouldn't that suggest that he desires to actually get the iPad 7.85 if it were to be released? Could you not read that between the lines? It's quite obvious actually.

Relax. It's just a tablet. Take one; it might to help calm you down.

Btw, I've reported your abusive post. (The one from before you edited the f-word. )
post #94 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

In 2010 Steve Jobs stood before an audience and proclaimed that Apple saw a potential category of devices between a smartphone and laptop. This was born the iPad. Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

Oh like it's some big leap. I'm actually lying here in bed with Samsung 7.7 shaking my head at your comment. Your right Apple hasn't realized it yet but every other tablet manufacture has. Yes, yes the iPad is the best, Android is a copy and sucks, Google is doomed, Elvis is alive, please save it for people who aren't using one of the best tablets ever conceived, the Samsung Galaxy 7.7, with 285 DPI 1280 x 800 SAMOLED screen.

I would give it all up if Apple would release one to, well that is assuming if they can match what Samsung has so elegantly produced.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #95 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls View Post

thinking a bit further: could all be done in software and configurable width, even sides, in case you wanted a button/interaction area on the opposite side of the hand holding... depending on orientation.

I love the border bling idea

Right, yes I can see why not. That can mean a whole new area for video controls, browser address line, games the list goes on and on. Good catch!
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #96 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If there are "quite a few," they would be here by now. The fact that they aren't should surely tell you something? That outside of a few tech geeks, consumers couldn't give a damn?

Uh oh, we better tell Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Samsung, Motorola and the rest that the millions of 7" tablets that they have already sold aren't really what customers want. Thanks man that could have been a really bad situation.

Yes we get it 9.7" is the best and only size that a tablet should be. I mean it must be Apple is the top tablet manufacture in the world with that size so who would anything else. Maybe it's you that doesn't belong in this forum. Oh look those pesky neighbor kids are on your lawn again, better you should go yell at them again threw a closed window.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #97 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Uh oh, we better tell Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Samsung, Motorola and the rest that the millions of 7" tablets that they have already sold aren't really what customers want. Thanks man that could have been a really bad situation.

Yes we get it 9.7" is the best and only size that a tablet should be. I mean it must be Apple is the top tablet manufacture in the world with that size so who would anything else. Maybe it's you that doesn't belong in this forum. Oh look those pesky neighbor kids are on your lawn again, better you should go yell at them again threw a closed window.

Do you have any actual evidence to back up the assertion that they've sold (not shipped) millions?

Is that crickets I hear?
post #98 of 135
From what I gather Samsung operates as a series of totally autonomous companies with little or no interaction between them. This is intended to avoid any conflict of interest where a customer may also be a competitor. It's very likely that Apple could sue one part of Samsung while doing deals with another part of Samsung. Its no big deal. Samsung displays are generally considered to be the best so naturally Apple wants to source the best components. Im glad they do coz it makes for better Apple products.
post #99 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

From what I gather Samsung operates as a series of totally autonomous companies with little or no interaction between them. This is intended to avoid any conflict of interest where a customer may also be a competitor. It's very likely that Apple could sue one part of Samsung while doing deals with another part of Samsung. Its no big deal. Samsung displays are generally considered to be the best so naturally Apple wants to source the best components. Im glad they do coz it makes for better Apple products.


Samsung Electronics recently spun-off its display division. So Apple isn't doing business with Samsung Electronics anymore.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply
post #100 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Well the Samsung is 7.7 not exactly 7 and it's very, very usable. So much so that anyone who has used to a 10 inch tablet would have no problem using the Samsung. Apple due to it's screen ration would most likely use 7.8" and that is a very usable resolution. Are you just guessing here or have you used a Samsung 7.7 tablet before because I would put money down that if you played with it for a week you would be begging Apple to come out with one of their own.

I have played around with the samsung galaxy 7.7" at work quite a bit. My android friends love to get onto me for being so biased. They thoroughly enjoy the "freedom" aspect of android. And i will agree that the screen is mighty gorgeous, BUT, and i mean BUT, one thing (of the many) i cannot STAND about android and their software is the layout of the OS. I do agree with you though that the SCREEN is gorgeous. absolutely. But i will not agree that the actual tablet itself is worth the money. The Apple ecosystem and the simplicity is what draws me in. For a hundred bucks and some change i could enjoy the tablet that took the big leap into the unknown and got its criticism, but wound up creating a category of its own.
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
post #101 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I don't think he was bringing down the current iPad just saying that the Samsung 7.7 is pretty amazing and if Apple is to release a smaller sized iPad then this is the one to beat. I happen to agree with him as I just purchased one last week and I have to say it's hands down the best tablet (hardware wise) that I have ever owned and I've pretty much owned them all.

That screen, I just can't get over it. The blacks are so pure it's impossible to see where the bezel starts. Yes I'm full aware that Apple has a new iPad 3 with a Retna display but until mine is delivered to the door the Samsung holds supreme in the screen area. I'm not just talking resolution which is modest 1280 x 800 with 196 dpi for a 7" but the colors are mind blowing amazing.

I happen to really love the 7.7 inch tablet form factor and find it to be the best for everyday use out side the house. If Apple is indeed thinking about releasing one then I'm defiantly all over it. Will gladly sell my new iPad 3 to buy it to as I'm only getting one to play with.

I'm really starting to think you're a paid shill. I don't usually make that accusation, but pretty much every one of your posts read like ad copy for various Samsung products.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #102 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

Maybe take the time to read the initial article before falling into allegations and conspiracy theories... The unnamed official is mostly speaking of part sales, mentioning the mac book and a mini Ipad on the margin. For the later it will nonetheless be funny to see those who used to ridicule such screen size now buying it.

If you find that "funny" you need to get out more.

Quote:
Constant and systematical free advertisement, then bandwagon mentality? Who knows.

Yeah, that must be it. I mean, what else could it be?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #103 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Do you have any actual evidence to back up the assertion that they've sold (not shipped) millions?

Is that crickets I hear?

What? No crickets here. Now it's no where near what Apple has shipped but Samsung has shipped more the 20 million units. Barnes and Noble more then 10 and Amazon more then 15. Give me a little time and I will give you more links. I really have to know what did you think that these company's were loosing money hand over fist. No one goes into this industry if their going to loose money. I like Apple to buddy but to believe that they are the only company that makes money is just down right silly. You really amaze me sitting up there on your thrown of ultimate condescending posts.

http://m.bgr.com/2011/12/01/barnes-n...o-220-million/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24630...ld_so_far.html
9to5google.com/2011/09/26/samsung-on-track-to-sell-as-many-as-10-million-tablets-in-2011/
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #104 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

What? No crickets here. Now it's no where near what Apple has shipped but Samsung has shipped more the 20 million units. Barnes and Noble more then 10 and Amazon more then 15. Give me a little time and I will give you more links. I really have to know what did you think that these company's were loosing money hand over fist. No one goes into this industry if their going to loose money. I like Apple to buddy but to believe that they are the only company that makes money is just down right silly. You really amaze me sitting up there on your thrown of ultimate condescending posts.

http://m.bgr.com/2011/12/01/barnes-n...o-220-million/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24630...ld_so_far.html
9to5google.com/2011/09/26/samsung-on-track-to-sell-as-many-as-10-million-tablets-in-2011/

Quit it. You're as clueless as the rest. Here's Lesson 101: "Shipped" means zilch.

Just deal with the realization that there's a reason why no one - other than Apple - reports sales. It's because they don't want to.

You Android apologists can wallow your self-made reality all you want, but the real world is what it is. Most of the rest of us prefer to live in in the latter.

PS: Btw, don't waste your time coming up with more links. You won't find what you're looking for.
post #105 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm really starting to think you're a paid shill. I don't usually make that accusation, but pretty much every one of your posts read like ad copy for various Samsung products.

Nah I just happen to own quite a few of them. I did get a little overboard but I'm just tired of reading Samsung sucks on this board when that is farthest from the truth. I will defend Samsung because every product I've bought from them is not only really good but their support is bar none some of the best I've encountered in the industry.

I was stupid the other week and flashed my Note to ICS 4.03. There was a Chinese leak for it and I really wanted it. Well long story short I bricked it and bricked it good, fried the mother board. My fault all the way but I sent it into Samsung anyway. 3 days later they sent me a new one with a letter I shit you not that said we will be releasing ICS by the end of the month do you think you can wait till then. I haven't felt that embaresed in a long time but they could have easily said sorry Maam flashing your own device with a third party rom is not covered on your warranty. No, I got a new phone, not only a new phone but a flip case as well.

Sorry but that's class. Apple has always been good to me as well as long as you don't expect them to replace a screen that's cracked or scratched.

I didn't mean to sound like a poster girl for Samsung. I won't talk about them anymore. You made it clear that it isn't tolerated here.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #106 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Samsung Electronics recently spun-off its display division. So Apple isn't doing business with Samsung Electronics anymore.

Yes I know, they announced it quite recently, probably because of this deal with Apple.
post #107 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Nah I just happen to own quite a few of them. I did get a little overboard but I'm just tired of reading Samsung sucks on this board when that is farthest from the truth. I will defend Samsung because every product I've bought from them is not only really good but their support is bar none some of the best I've encountered in the industry.

I was stupid the other week and flashed my Note to ICS 4.03. There was a Chinese leak for it and I really wanted it. Well long story short I bricked it and bricked it good, fried the mother board. My fault all the way but I sent it into Samsung anyway. 3 days later they sent me a new one with a letter I shit you not that said we will be releasing ICS by the end of the month do you think you can wait till then. I haven't felt that embaresed in a long time but they could have easily said sorry Maam flashing your own device with a third party rom is not covered on your warranty. No, I got a new phone, not only a new phone but a flip case as well.

Sorry but that's class. Apple has always been good to me as well as long as you don't expect them to replace a screen that's cracked or scratched.

I didn't mean to sound like a poster girl for Samsung. I won't talk about them anymore. You made it clear that it isn't tolerated here.

I'm not sure what's tolerated here, but i will speak for myself and say that i respect your opinions. But there are some samsung haters.
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
"Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher
Reply
post #108 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Why would a Samsung source tell the media some rumor like this? It could adversely affect any Android tablet sales and have those consumers waiting for the lower-cost mini-iPad. It wouldn't hurt current iPad sales at all, because most iPad users likely want a 9.7" display. I don't know why these sources are always letting these types of rumors slip. For the most part, I think they're practically useless rumors, though.

I disagree. Such a rumor can cause some iPad buyers to put off making a decision until this Fall.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #109 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I'm just tired of reading Samsung sucks on this board when that is farthest from the truth. I will defend Samsung because every product I've bought from them is not only really good but their support is bar none some of the best I've encountered in the industry.

You are clearly incapable of understanding the substantive view that people have of Samsung in this Forum. No one here - except the Samsung shills - gives a hoot about Samsung products or their support. Heck, most people here don't even own one, I'll bet. Most here couldn't be bothered, no offense.

The negative views of Samsung expressed have to do with views of the company, and people's belief (and that's now being tested in courts with Apple finally taking the gloves off) that Samsung has a propensity to knock off Apple's IP shamelessly and persistently.

People here are perfectly capable of separating the company and its apparent modus operandi from its products and service.
post #110 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

In 2010 Steve Jobs stood before an audience and proclaimed that Apple saw a potential category of devices between a smartphone and laptop. This was born the iPad. Are they going to tell us now that there's a market for something between a smartphone and tablet?

10/18/2010:
When asked about the upcoming 7" tablets during Apple's earnings call this afternoon, Jobs said "It's meaningless unless your tablet also includes sandpaper, so that the user can sand down their fingers to around one quarter of their present size." According to Jobs, tablets smaller than 10 inches just don't make sense.

"Apple has done extensive user testing and we really understand this stuff," Jobs said. "There are clear limits on how close you can place things on a touchscreen, which is why we think 10 inches is the minimum screen size to create great tablet apps."
post #111 of 135
Bring it on, Apple. They will sell like hot cakes. Won't be long before Apple has $150 Billion in the bank.
post #112 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

10/18/2010:
When asked about the upcoming 7" tablets during Apple's earnings call this afternoon, Jobs said "It's meaningless unless your tablet also includes sandpaper, so that the user can sand down their fingers to around one quarter of their present size." According to Jobs, tablets smaller than 10 inches just don't make sense.

"Apple has done extensive user testing and we really understand this stuff," Jobs said. "There are clear limits on how close you can place things on a touchscreen, which is why we think 10 inches is the minimum screen size to create great tablet apps."

Why does someone always bring this up every time.

Last time I checked I didn't get any sandpaper in the box when I bought my iPhone and in case you hadn't noticed that has an even smaller screen.

It's called marketing - you talk up your product and talk down the competition.
post #113 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Why does someone always bring this up every time.

Last time I checked I didn't get any sandpaper in the box when I bought my iPhone and in case you hadn't noticed that has an even smaller screen.

It's called marketing - you talk up your product and talk down the competition.

listen to what he said. the iPhone ISN'T an iPad. they're completely different experiences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qjt-y5EbJw0
post #114 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Bring it on, Apple. They will sell like hot cakes. Won't be long before Apple has $150 Billion in the bank.

There is no doubt that it will sell well. Certainly much better than the competition.

The main issue, if it's successful - which remains an unknown, since no one seems to have any evidence of success with that form factor - is whether it will be at the expense of cannibalizing the 9.7" iPad, especially because it'll be much cheaper and people might think they're getting the real thing.
post #115 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post


It's called marketing - you talk up your product and talk down the competition.

When Apple introduced the iPad, there was no "competition" to talk to (for that matter, there may still be none now).

If Apple thought that the 7" form factor made sense (especially since they had apparently tested it), don't you think it's likely they would have introduced it as well? Is it possible that the competition jumped into that form factor because they saw a niche that Apple had not taken yet (but didn't realize that it was something Apple had experimented with, and turned down)?
post #116 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quit it. You're as clueless as the rest. Here's Lesson 101: "Shipped" means zilch.

Just deal with the realization that there's a reason why no one - other than Apple - reports sales. It's because they don't want to.

You Android apologists can wallow your self-made reality all you want, but the real world is what it is. Most of the rest of us prefer to live in in the latter.

PS: Btw, don't waste your time coming up with more links. You won't find what you're looking for.

Either will you. Samsung, Motorola, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, HTC, Arhos, etc.

They all make good products, not all them but some. Sure you might not like Android 3.2 or 4.03 but a lot of us do. I can do things with Android that just aren't possible with iOS. In fact if I had all the apps that were available for the iPad on a Android 4.03 device I would never even consider Apple.

I love Apple products been using them since Apple II. Their iOS though is designed for one thing to sell content threw iTunes. The lack of a miniSD card, proper File Manager or the ability to be mounted as a drive in OSX or Windows is proof of that fact. In fact Apple makes it down right miserable to get foreign content not purchased threw their channels on the iPad. That's fine if your into their content but I'm not.

Android 4.03 is an open OS that gives me the power and freedom to do what I want on my device. Sure it might not be as pretty as iOS but it can defiantly run cirlcles around iOS when it comes to OS features. There is nothing in OS that I can't do in Android. There are many features however that are missing from iOS that I can do in Android.

I own a iPad 2 and just ordered a iPad 3, oh excuse me a iPad because I absolutely love the music creation apps that I can have on that platform. I will always have a iPad in my life if the app situation continues. However my Asus Slider and now my new Samsung 7.7 are my true loves. Multimedia capabilities alone put the iPad in the dunce corner. Upon opening up my Samsung I was not only able to play every codec available but stream my media to my TV wirelessly. I was able to connect an external drive to it and started playing movies starting with A section. I could never imagine doing that with an iPad.

Again though I could never imagine doing half the things the music apps I have for the iPad can do on any Android device. So for the time being I love both platfoms. Man those music apps are awsome.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #117 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There is no doubt that it will sell well. Certainly much better than the competition.

The main issue, if it's successful - which remains an unknown, since no one seems to have any evidence of success with that form factor - is whether it will be at the expense of cannibalizing the 9.7" iPad, especially because it'll be much cheaper and people might think they're getting the real thing.

Sure, there will be cannibalization. But it won't be at the expense of Apple. Because when someone's in the market for a 7" tablet, they will pick iPad and when they are in the market for a larger canvass, they will still pick iPad. If Apple can reach the $199 price point, it's lights out for the competition.
post #118 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

However my Asus Slider and now my new Samsung 7.7 are my true loves. Multimedia capabilities alone put the iPad in the dunce corner. Upon opening up my Samsung I was not only able to play every codec available but stream my media to my TV wirelessly. I was able to connect an external drive to it and started playing movies starting with A section. I could never imagine doing that with an iPad.

Gosh. At this point we're just going around in circles, aren't we?

If you think the above is true, please tell us: why are Android tablets the ones in the real-world "dunce corner", while the iPad repeatedly keeps breaking sales records, befuddling all expectations and attempts to belittle it?

Why are you people unable to respond to this simple question!?

Is there any chance that it's because 55 million people are stupid, and you are smart? /s
post #119 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Gosh. At this point we're just going around in circles, aren't we?

If you think the above is true, please tell us: why are Android tablets the ones in the real-world "dunce corner", while the iPad repeatedly keeps breaking sales records, befuddling all expectations and attempts to belittle it?

Why are you people unable to respond to this simple question!?

Is there any chance that it's because 55 million people are stupid, and you are smart? /s

I'm surprised you continue to read his posts. Just skip past them like I do.
post #120 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Samsung Electronics recently spun-off its display division. So Apple isn't doing business with Samsung Electronics anymore.

They spun off their LCD display division. They're going to concentrate on OLED displays.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year