or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple's thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro rumored to debut in April with Ivy Bridge i5, i7 CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro rumored to debut in April with Ivy Bridge i5, i7 CPUs

post #1 of 92
Thread Starter 
Apple's new 15-inch MacBook Pros will be thinner than current models but thicker than a MacBook Air, and will feature Intel's latest Ivy Bridge Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs when they launch next month, according to a new report.

A "reliable source in the Far East Asian supply chain" relayed to How To Arena that Apple is planning to release a new, thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro by the end of April. The details corroborate with a separate report that surfaced on Wednesday, though there remains confusion as to whether the new notebook will be a "Pro" or an "Air."

Thursday's newest take said the new 15-inch MacBook Pros will be powered by Core i5 and Core i7 Ivy Bridge processors. That would be a change from the existing Sandy Bridge-based MacBook Pros, as both 15-inch models feature high-end Core i7 processors, while an Intel Core i5 CPU is found in the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro.

Thursday's report said it is "not clear" if Apple plans to introduce a new MacBook Pro with an entry-level Core i3 Ivy Bridge CPU from Intel. It's possible that, like the current MacBook Pro lineup, all of the company's "Pro" laptops could feature only Core i5 and Core i7 processors.

Finally, the anonymous supply chain source also reportedly indicated that the new 15-inch MacBook Pro will be "thicker than currently available MacBook Airs but thinner than MacBook Pros."

Thursday's report does stand in contrast to the earlier rumor on Wednesday from Electricpig, which characterized the forthcoming notebook update as a 15-inch MacBook Air, rather than a MacBook Pro. The confusion likely stems from the fact that Apple's next MacBook Pros are expected to feature the same design as the ultraportable MacBook Air and ditch the optical disc drive to create a thinner device.


An illustration of Apple's notebook lineup planned for the 2012 calendar year.


AppleInsider reported in February that this year Apple will radically redesign its MacBook Pro lineup with thinner chassis. A person familiar with the new designs said "they're all going to look like MacBook Airs."

But earlier reports dating back to last year have claimed that Apple is looking to expand its MacBook Air lineup with a new 15-inch model that is expected to launch in the coming months. It's possible that these products are one and the same, with the only question being whether the MacBooks will be branded "Pro" or "Air."

[ View article on AppleInsider ]
post #2 of 92
I do hope they offer a docking station with ethernet port or an on-board ethernet port (this article does not mention it will lack the ethernet port, other sites with the same source do).

And I'm not going to use an usb-ethernet adapter (speed issues, and because I don't buy a laptop to carry adapters around)
post #3 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post


And I'm not going to use an usb-ethernet adapter (speed issues, and because I don't buy a laptop to carry adapters around)

You will use what Apple allows you to use.
post #4 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

You will use what Apple allows you to use.

he can use everything he wants/can pay. don't worry.

BTW, have you watched/read tech news lately? apple is really bringing the whole world to it's knees.. amazing.
post #5 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

You will use what Apple allows you to use.

Correct, so if it hasn't got an ethernet port I'll not be buying a new air-like mac book pro, but instead go for an asus zenbook (A version with 1080p screen)
post #6 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

Correct, so if it hasn't got an ethernet port I'll not be buying a new air-like mac book pro, but instead go for an asus zenbook (A version with 1080p screen)

Apple will sell 10 Zillion of them ... minus one.

They are Doomed.
post #7 of 92
What about the graphics card compatibility issue?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Reply
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Reply
post #8 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

Correct, so if it hasn't got an ethernet port I'll not be buying a new air-like mac book pro, but instead go for an asus zenbook (A version with 1080p screen)

A built-in RJ-45 jack is the make-it-or-break-it feature for you regardless of whatever else they do? Even if the next MBPs have Retina Displays?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #9 of 92
Can't wait
post #10 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

I do hope they offer a docking station with ethernet port or an on-board ethernet port (this article does not mention it will lack the ethernet port, other sites with the same source do).

They do, but it's called the Thunderbolt Display.
post #11 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

They do, but it's called the Thunderbolt Display.

Yep. They are not getting rid of the ports so much as moving them to the monitor.

Probably on the theory that when you need your big screen you're doing serious work, so probably need your wired network and external Thunderbolt RAID at the same time. But when you're on the road you can settle for slower networks and less storage.

In fact, why *do* other vendors put those ports on the actual laptop?
post #12 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Yep. They are not getting rid of the ports so much as moving them to the monitor.

Probably on the theory that when you need your big screen you're doing serious work, so probably need your wired network and external Thunderbolt RAID at the same time. But when you're on the road you can settle for slower networks and less storage.

In fact, why *do* other vendors put those ports on the actual laptop?

I think that works great for very portable users with the MBA that also want a desktop display but I think it gets hard to swallow for every MBP user. Apple's build quality and OS X are strong but I think that could hurt Apple a bit.

I see no reason why they can't use the tapered design and still have the back sides be a little bit thicker to accommodate the typical port array. Actually, eve more ports once that ODD is gone.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #13 of 92
Apple or some third party can make a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter without losing a bit of speed. Anyone who is willing to give up all of Apple's goodness will be biting their nose to spite their face. They deserve everything they get. It no skin off our nose.
post #14 of 92
I am looking to upgrade from my late-2006 15" MBP. What do you guys think the odds are of this thinner 15" MBP having RAM accessible to the user and not soldered to the main board the Air?

If so, its a deal breaker for me.
post #15 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

A built-in RJ-45 jack is the make-it-or-break-it feature for you regardless of whatever else they do? Even if the next MBPs have Retina Displays?

Yes, I use my laptop at customers locations where only wired internet is available, and do not want to carry (or loose) additional adapters.\\

At home, I like to use gigabit, and that's a no-go with usb.

As I mentioned the new UX..A series from Asus have 1080p displays
post #16 of 92
Deleted
post #17 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Apple will sell 10 Zillion of them ... minus one.

They are Doomed.



Seriously, It will have ethernet port. Mark my word.
post #18 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The details corroborate with a separate report

Can someone please explain how the fact details corroborate proves anything?

I also can go read a rumor, make up my own rumor based on it... and the details will "corroborate"!

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #19 of 92
I have been awaiting this update for some time. I am hoping to see the following (in order of importance):

1. Retina Display
2. Discrete graphics (wouldn't you need discrete graphics for Retina Display?)
3. Ethernet (obvious)
4. Thunderbolt
5. MacBook Air-like design (no ODD, SSD standard but larger sizes for MacBook Pro)
post #20 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

You will use what Apple allows you to use.

Those making the "Apple is more concerned with form over function argument" have a weak argument. More and more, apple designs each sku carefully. The 13 inch air and the 11 inch air are different beasts because Apple looked at what the extra space made possible and what the use of the larger machine was about. Both the 11 and the 13 are about portability, primarily, so no wired Ethernet. But the 13 adds a USB port and an SD card slot and a custom battery to add battery life and a screen that is the same resolution as the Macbook Pro 15. It targets business users who are highly mobile, and is not the perfect solution for those that need a lot of storage and a lot of connectivity.

The 11 inch is for people that are super mobile and have light use cases. The short screen is a pain to use if you are multitasking on the box 24/7, but its fantastic if you do a lot of work jammed in economy class, or at the coffee shop. It's very much a writers dream.

So I don't agree that Apple will release a slightly wider 13" Air to replace the 15" MBP. They will think about who buys the 15 inch _in the world where the 13" Air exists_. I don't know what months of thinking yield, but IMHO, I think they will be aggressive about size, but allow the device to have enough width to support a broader array of ports and storage. I hope this means wired ethernet, but if not, I would bet there would be a USB 3 based dongle (Ivy bridge gives USB 3 for free) or a Thuderbolt dongle. But I personally would put money on wired ethernet on the device.

I also think that it will feature a few more storage options over the 13" Air - more RAM options, and I bet it will have room for a 2.5" drive (6GB/S SATA). No optical. SD card.

It will be higher res than the 13" display - so resolution like the high end BTO 15" display or greater, and an NVIDIA GPU to power it.

If its just a bigger 13" air, there is very little reason to buy it over the 13". I think they understand that users who want to carry another pound or more of larger computer want more than larger screens.
post #21 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

I do hope they offer a docking station with ethernet port or an on-board ethernet port ...

Apple offers the most powerful docking station you can buy. It's called the Apple Thunderbolt Display.

It's a shame if you already have a monitor, but Apple is quite unlikely ever to offer a docking station without a monitor attached. It's a better, cleaner design overall and that's what Apple is all about really.
post #22 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think that works great for very portable users with the MBA that also want a desktop display but I think it gets hard to swallow for every MBP user. Apple's build quality and OS X are strong but I think that could hurt Apple a bit.

I see no reason why they can't use the tapered design and still have the back sides be a little bit thicker to accommodate the typical port array. Actually, eve more ports once that ODD is gone.

I disagree with you about the ports being necessary on the laptop and also that the Thunderbolt Display is not the best way to go, but I agree about how easy it would be to have a regular selection of ports on the laptop if they so desired.

Even if this new laptop was only an eighth of an inch thicker than the 11" Air, there would be room for Ethernet and Ethernet is the tallest port of all.
post #23 of 92
put a high res screen on (if not an hipdi) and of course enable some scalability of fonts an ui elements via the os , lose the glare's galore effing glass and go with a semi gloss coating a la the air and I am sold.
post #24 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Apple offers the most powerful docking station you can buy. It's called the Apple Thunderbolt Display.

It's a shame if you already have a monitor, but Apple is quite unlikely ever to offer a docking station without a monitor attached. It's a better, cleaner design overall and that's what Apple is all about really.

Not to mention that they can sell a new, expensive display to anybody who needs a docking station.

Yes, it is cleaner and simpler. But it is also more expensive and profitable.

Apple seems not to be about maximum choice for the consumer. Instead, Apple seems ot be all about selling the most expensive solution to consumers with some added benefits, whether the benefit is really needed, or not.

Anybody with an existing display, or anybody who wishes to use a third-party display will not be able to use them if they also want to dock their laptop. This is not good for consumers who want what they want.

That is what some people dislike about Apple. If you buy into the Apple way of doing things, you get a great solution. But if you think different from the way Apple does, you have limited, or no choice in the matter.

Apple could easily provide the choice to use an integrated monitor/dock, or the choice to use a separate dock. But they don't.

Apple will continue to do it their way, and will find plenty of customers, and make plenty of profits. But for people who wish to make up thier own minds about how they want to configure things, Apple products can feel constricting.

There is not right or wrong here - just a matter of personal preference. Millions of people like the Apple way of doing things, but many others think different. That is one big reason why a lot of people do not want to enter the Apple ecosystem - they want things their way, and not Apple's way.


An example is the App store. It is wonderful that Apple provides a curated store for those who want to buy in a safe environment. But there could be people who want a broader range of choices, albeit with the requirement that they use discretion as to whether they trust the source of the software. Apple will not let those sorts of people choose what they want. It is either buy at the App store, or don't. Why can't apple provide a curated App store, but also allow the tech savvy to download and install from third-party sources?

IMO, it is because it is more profitable to restrict users' choices a single source of supply, that being Apple. Not everybody wants to have their choices limited to "safe" choices. Some people like to buy the safest possible car, while others want to buy high performance cars that they can occasionally drive fast. Cars do not have governors that restrict them to go no faster than the posted speed limit. But Apple buyers are content to be restricted to the "safe" environment of the App Store. One size does NOT fit all, and some people do not want to change their preference to those of Apple. They think different from Apple, and IMO, they are within their rights to want what they want.
post #25 of 92
I'd like to see:

1) discrete graphic (this is a must for a pro)
2) high res screen (a retina display would be a dream)
3) ssd hard drive, with an option for an 1.8" internal microdrive
4) ethernet and usb3 ports
5) macbook air design, a little ticker
will be what it's going to be
Reply
will be what it's going to be
Reply
post #26 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Not to mention that they can sell a new, expensive display to anybody who needs a docking station.

Yes, it is cleaner and simpler. But it is also more expensive and profitable.

Apple seems not to be about maximum choice for the consumer. Instead, Apple seems ot be all about selling the most expensive solution to consumers with some added benefits, whether the benefit is really needed, or not.

Anybody with an existing display, or anybody who wishes to use a third-party display will not be able to use them if they also want to dock their laptop. This is not good for consumers who want what they want.

That is what some people dislike about Apple. If you buy into the Apple way of doing things, you get a great solution. But if you think different from the way Apple does, you have limited, or no choice in the matter.

Apple could easily provide the choice to use an integrated monitor/dock, or the choice to use a separate dock. But they don't.

Apple will continue to do it their way, and will find plenty of customers, and make plenty of profits. But for people who wish to make up thier own minds about how they want to configure things, Apple products can feel constricting.

There is not right or wrong here - just a matter of personal preference. Millions of people like the Apple way of doing things, but many others think different. That is one big reason why a lot of people do not want to enter the Apple ecosystem - they want things their way, and not Apple's way.

That is, of course, all nonsense - the typical anti-Apple FUD that you seem to spew all the time.

Apple creates great products and refuses to compromise unless there is no alternative. They're going to sell the best practical solution for a given application. If you want something less, you're free to buy it - just not from Apple. Expecting them to lower their standards just so you can buy a cheaper product (or a product which meets your specific demands) is silly. Apple has shown how successful a company can be by sticking to producing only very high quality products.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #27 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

That is what some people dislike about Apple. If you buy into the Apple way of doing things, you get a great solution. But if you think different from the way Apple does, you have limited, or no choice in the matter.

Intended reference to the 'think different' campaign ?
post #28 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

That is, of course, all nonsense - the typical anti-Apple FUD that you seem to spew all the time.

Apple creates great products and refuses to compromise unless there is no alternative. They're going to sell the best practical solution for a given application. If you want something less, you're free to buy it - just not from Apple. Expecting them to lower their standards just so you can buy a cheaper product (or a product which meets your specific demands) is silly. Apple has shown how successful a company can be by sticking to producing only very high quality products.

Any graphics professional will likely not want to use the "inferior" Apple displays, but go for ones like from the Eizo
post #29 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

I do hope they offer a docking station with ethernet port or an on-board ethernet port (this article does not mention it will lack the ethernet port, other sites with the same source do).

And I'm not going to use an usb-ethernet adapter (speed issues, and because I don't buy a laptop to carry adapters around)

I'm on board with this as well. I transfer gigabytes to my laptop over the network at times, and I'm not going to sit around and wait on 802.11n. I'm also not going to carry around an adapter everywhere I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Apple will sell 10 Zillion of them ... minus one.

They are Doomed.

minus two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

A built-in RJ-45 jack is the make-it-or-break-it feature for you regardless of whatever else they do? Even if the next MBPs have Retina Displays?

Even if they have Retina Displays, not having an ethernet port effects my workflow. This is supposed to be a pro machine, they are making it less pro now.

Another thing that concerns me is Apple is known to underclock things in the past. Not that they'd underclock the main clockspeed, but perhaps the northbridge, memory, etc for less heat output. I'm worried they are going to hit a wall in heat dissipation by going thinner. My wife's mbp needs a cooling fan on it to keep it from locking up when she games or programs. Granted, I don't have this issue on my Sandybridge, but going thinner is going to make that challenge any easier.

I'll reserve judgement until I see that it doesn't have it, then I'll react.

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply
post #30 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple's new 15-inch MacBook Pros will be thinner than current models but thicker than a MacBook Air, and will feature Intel's latest Ivy Bridge Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs when they launch next month, according to a new report.

So the question we all have is whether or not the Air/Pro split will be thinning.

Given that we live in the "post PC" world, I suspect it will be in Apple's best interests to slowly draw down their PC-like offerings, including laptops.

A lineup with the mini and iMac, two Airs and two Pros would likely serve them fine.
post #31 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury Markowitz View Post

A lineup with the mini and iMac, two Airs and two Pros would likely serve them fine.

Until they realize they've lost a large developer base and the entire pro market.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #32 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Thursday's report does stand in contrast to the earlier rumor on Wednesday from Electricpig, which characterized the forthcoming notebook update as a 15-inch MacBook Air, rather than a MacBook Pro.

Back to the naming / model issue... So maybe the 15 and 17 inch models will be called 'Pro' and the 11 and 13 inch, 'Air'. The 'Pro' model is slightly thicker allowing for dual SSD / HDD and ethernet ports, is my guess. Retina display? I'd love to see it and it surely would be a huge differentiator.
post #33 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Not to mention that they can sell a new, expensive display to anybody who needs a docking station.

Yes, it is cleaner and simpler. But it is also more expensive and profitable.

Apple seems not to be about maximum choice for the consumer. Instead, Apple seems ot be all about selling the most expensive solution to consumers with some added benefits, whether the benefit is really needed, or not.

Anybody with an existing display, or anybody who wishes to use a third-party display will not be able to use them if they also want to dock their laptop. This is not good for consumers who want what they want.

That is what some people dislike about Apple. If you buy into the Apple way of doing things, you get a great solution. But if you think different from the way Apple does, you have limited, or no choice in the matter.

Apple could easily provide the choice to use an integrated monitor/dock, or the choice to use a separate dock. But they don't.

Apple will continue to do it their way, and will find plenty of customers, and make plenty of profits. But for people who wish to make up thier own minds about how they want to configure things, Apple products can feel constricting.

There is not right or wrong here - just a matter of personal preference. Millions of people like the Apple way of doing things, but many others think different. That is one big reason why a lot of people do not want to enter the Apple ecosystem - they want things their way, and not Apple's way.


An example is the App store. It is wonderful that Apple provides a curated store for those who want to buy in a safe environment. But there could be people who want a broader range of choices, albeit with the requirement that they use discretion as to whether they trust the source of the software. Apple will not let those sorts of people choose what they want. It is either buy at the App store, or don't. Why can't apple provide a curated App store, but also allow the tech savvy to download and install from third-party sources?

IMO, it is because it is more profitable to restrict users' choices a single source of supply, that being Apple. Not everybody wants to have their choices limited to "safe" choices. Some people like to buy the safest possible car, while others want to buy high performance cars that they can occasionally drive fast. Cars do not have governors that restrict them to go no faster than the posted speed limit. But Apple buyers are content to be restricted to the "safe" environment of the App Store. One size does NOT fit all, and some people do not want to change their preference to those of Apple. They think different from Apple, and IMO, they are within their rights to want what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

That is, of course, all nonsense - the typical anti-Apple FUD that you seem to spew all the time.

Apple creates great products and refuses to compromise unless there is no alternative. They're going to sell the best practical solution for a given application. If you want something less, you're free to buy it - just not from Apple. Expecting them to lower their standards just so you can buy a cheaper product (or a product which meets your specific demands) is silly. Apple has shown how successful a company can be by sticking to producing only very high quality products.

Although I appreciate the arguments, this is a pointless, pointless discussion. Apple IS NOT "limiting your options" in this case. There's NOTHING to stop a third-party vendor to build a stand-alone, monitorless, thunderbolt docking station and/or a thunderbolt to Gb ethernet adapter, if there's a demand for them.
post #34 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

Even if they have Retina Displays, not having an ethernet port effects my workflow. This is supposed to be a pro machine, they are making it less pro now.

According to whom?

Using your argument, the MacBook Pro isn't Pro at all because it isn't a Mac Pro.
post #35 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausz View Post

Correct, so if it hasn't got an ethernet port I'll not be buying a new air-like mac book pro, but instead go for an asus zenbook (A version with 1080p screen)

So instead of buying a $20 adapter you will punish yourself:-) Are you a Buddhist?
post #36 of 92
Perhaps the "Macbook Air Pro"
post #37 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Apple seems not to be about maximum choice for the consumer. Instead, Apple seems ot be all about selling the most expensive solution to consumers with some added benefits, whether the benefit is really needed, or not.

Anybody with an existing display, or anybody who wishes to use a third-party display will not be able to use them if they also want to dock their laptop. This is not good for consumers who want what they want.

Don't be silly of course they can. They can choose a 3rd party docking solution as well as a 3rd party monitor. Nothing says "This will only work with Apple Displays. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

An example is the App store. It is wonderful that Apple provides a curated store for those who want to buy in a safe environment. But there could be people who want a broader range of choices, albeit with the requirement that they use discretion as to whether they trust the source of the software. Apple will not let those sorts of people choose what they want. It is either buy at the App store, or don't. Why can't apple provide a curated App store, but also allow the tech savvy to download and install from third-party sources?

Android is that way. A single app store is considered a feature, not a bug by those who want it. I don't trust the Android store and the music creation apps I want don't exist on Android at all, so I'm happy w/Apple. New iPad 3 arrives tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Not everybody wants to have their choices limited to "safe" choices. Cars do not have governors that restrict them to go no faster than the posted speed limit. They think different from Apple, and IMO, they are within their rights to want what they want.

Those people are free to buy something else. No one is removing their rights as consumers. BTW, cars do have governors restricting speed. Compare the exact same car's European version and American version. Nearly all the Euro ones have a higher top speed. It isn't governed all the way down to the speed limit, but it is less. Also, trucking companies install limiters to keep their drivers from speeding.
post #38 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfrasse View Post

So instead of buying a $20 adapter you will punish yourself:-) Are you a Buddhist?

Didn't you read he prvious post?
post #39 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

A built-in RJ-45 jack is the make-it-or-break-it feature for you regardless of whatever else they do? Even if the next MBPs have Retina Displays?

Why is this such a hard concept for people to understand? Not everyone works in a location blanketed by high speed wifi. Some people have to connect to secure networks. Dongles suck. A retina display doesn't do squat when you can't get to your data.

Apple products gained so much ground over the last decade because they were able to impress both the barristas at starbucks and technical people who value performance.
post #40 of 92
This is good news because the MBP are getting a bit too thick/heavy for 2012! They are good products but need to be trimmed a bit!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple's thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro rumored to debut in April with Ivy Bridge i5, i7 CPUs