or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Well the iPad-3 still can’t do this !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Well the iPad-3 still can’t do this !!

post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
I was thinking with the much to die for Retina Display capable of playing Full HD videos I thought the optimum had been achieved as far as having a full HD screen was concerned but no, I was wrong and I am shocked and surprised that the out of the world Hyped iPad-3 still cant do this. I am talking about playing FULL HD videoss there is still gonna be those Black bars above and below a HD video while playing it in the iPad-3 because of the orientation of the iPad-3 which is 4:3 and most of the HD videos shot in 16:9 ratio. I am wondering why did they not consider this aspect while maing this out of the world screen, I mean cmon Samsungs Galaxy Tab, Asus Transformer Prime all have the 16:9 ratio !! Could Apple have not done the same thing with the iPad-3 especially when they were doing it with a intention of taking a quantum leap over its competition.

I am shocked and saddened to know this. I was hoping so much to play all the HD videos at its full glory in the new iPad, But I dont think thats gonna be possible because of the iPads Orientation ? So films are either sandwiched by black bars or have to be cropped to fit which I hate !!
post #2 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

I was thinking with the much to die for Retina Display capable of playing Full HD videos I thought the optimum had been achieved as far as having a full HD screen was concerned but no, I was wrong and I am shocked and surprised that the out of the world Hyped iPad-3 still cant do this. I am talking about playing FULL HD videoss there is still gonna be those Black bars above and below a HD video while playing it in the iPad-3 because of the orientation of the iPad-3 which is 4:3 and most of the HD videos shot in 16:9 ratio. I am wondering why did they not consider this aspect while maing this out of the world screen, I mean cmon Samsungs Galaxy Tab, Asus Transformer Prime all have the 16:9 ratio !! Could Apple have not done the same thing with the iPad-3 especially when they were doing it with a intention of taking a quantum leap over its competition.

I am shocked and saddened to know this. I was hoping so much to play all the HD videos at its full glory in the new iPad, But I dont think thats gonna be possible because of the iPads Orientation ? So films are either sandwiched by black bars or have to be cropped to fit which I hate !!

Yeah but the Galaxy Tab and Asus Prime both suck balls, so who cares.
post #3 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

Yeah but the Galaxy Tab and Asus Prime both suck balls, so who cares.

Well, if the iPad-3 had to do it, that is have the title of playing Full HD videos it should have done it more the way it had to be. Why do a Job half done.
post #4 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

Yeah but the Galaxy Tab and Asus Prime both suck balls, so who cares.

Well that is just your oppinion, many of us one them of here even if this is an Apple fan site. The Asus Prime provides a unique hybrid system that when combined tablet and keyboard base the user has almost 18 hours of battery time plus a near laptop like experience.

Android 4.03 might not be for everyone either but at least I don't have any of the ristrictions that come with all "I" devices. Cant't simply mount device as a slaved drive when connected to another device or computer. No external media drive of any kind, no standard USB. have to pay money for what's free on all Android devices; codec support for pretty much everything, able to connect to any VPN, Windows, Linux and Apple Server threw a simple file manger with drag and drop support. The ability to customize your desktop or the entire OS with themes and widget support. The list goes on but you get the point.

I am really getting tired of moronic adjectives from random users describing devices that they have never owned and never will own just because it doesn't have a picture of an Apple.

I am not trying to start a comparison war just listed a few things why an Android 4.03 might be attractive to some people. Myself included own both Android tablets and a iPad. Like both systems just fine, each have their weekness and strengths and none are the superior machine.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #5 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

I am shocked and saddened to know this. I was hoping so much to play all the HD videos at its full glory

Shocked and saddened you say.

16:9 does give a better frame size for 16:9 movies:



but you only have to hold the device about 1.5" closer to get the same size image:



and for everything else besides movies, a 16:9 aspect isn't very nice - word processing, web browsing, photos, movie editing, garageband. The iPad aspect is multi-purpose, 16:9 is single purpose.

16:10 isn't bad, which is the aspect of the Asus Transformer tablets but 16:9 isn't a good choice at all.
post #6 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

Yeah but the Galaxy Tab and Asus Prime both suck balls, so who cares.

sorry Relic, he's right on with statement...
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

I thought the optimum had been achieved as far as having a full HD screen was concerned but no, I was wrong and I am shocked and surprised that the out of the world Hyped iPad-3 still cant do this.

Maybe you should actually read about it, then.

Seriously, what's your real issue here? That there are black bars? 16:9 will have black bars because movies are 2.39:1 now. You can't win.
post #8 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

sorry Relic, he's right on with statement...

Again do you own either of aforementioned products. Probably not, your using comparison charts and basic fanboyism logic, it's not the product I like so it must suck.

Well I own a Samsung Galaxy 7.7" and a Asus Slider and they indeed don't lick balls. The Samsung 7.7 with it SAMOLED+ screen is spectacular. The colors are the best you can find on any tablet. You can use it as a phone, now that's not very practical but using it for instant messaging is. It's fast, light weight and the thinnest tablet you can buy. I have no complaints with the OS, since I use it as a multimedia machine I can play every known codec out of the box with out having to purchase any other app. I can stream my films directly to my TV as both devices have DLNA, great feature. Since I have a full featured file manager I can manage my media all on on device because I am able to mount every NAS drive, laptop, computer, tablet and gizmos I have around me and across the world as normal individual folders all from one program, then I move files around, delete, create folders you know file manager duties.

Again I don't want to start some super lame my gadget is better the yours but I hate it when someone comes out of the blue and calls the machine that I bought with my money stupid. Epecialy when they've never owned one themselves. Well it also insults me because your calling me a moron for buying such a machine.

What am I supposed to do if my iPad doesn't give me ultimate satisfaction because it's missing features that I want. Go to someone else that can. I wanted a smaller tablet with a miniSD for movies and DLNA streaming for traveling. Does Apple sell one of those, let me look, nope, so tell me where I should go. Who makes a better Tablet then Samsung or Asus, the number 2 and 3 of tablet manufactures. Sure there is a big gap between number 1 and 2 but it doesn't mean they make crappy products.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #9 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Shocked and saddened you say.

16:9 does give a better frame size for 16:9 movies:



but you only have to hold the device about 1.5" closer to get the same size image:



and for everything else besides movies, a 16:9 aspect isn't very nice - word processing, web browsing, photos, movie editing, garageband. The iPad aspect is multi-purpose, 16:9 is single purpose.

16:10 isn't bad, which is the aspect of the Asus Transformer tablets but 16:9 isn't a good choice at all.

So are you saying that despite having a 16:9 orientation a HD movie can still have Black bars above and below the video ??
post #10 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

So are you saying that despite having a 16:9 orientation a HD movie can still have Black bars above and below the video ??

Of course it can. Very many movies are distributed in 2.39:1. TV content is in 16:9, but movies are generally higher.
post #11 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course it can. Very many movies are distributed in 2.39:1. TV content is in 16:9, but movies are generally higher.

Then I'll just go with the flow' whaaaaa why isn't my iPad 2.39:1 ratio.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #12 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

Well, if the iPad-3 had to do it, that is have the title of playing Full HD videos it should have done it more the way it had to be. Why do a Job half done.

On a 10" tablet the 16:9 aspect ratio is not as comfortable to hold or use.

And the iPad can play HD fine. Letterbox works fine for a tablet propped a foot from your face.

Don't like it, the get some bootleg suck ass android tablet.
post #13 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Well that is just your oppinion, many of us one them of here even if this is an Apple fan site. The Asus Prime provides a unique hybrid system that when combined tablet and keyboard base the user has almost 18 hours of battery time plus a near laptop like experience.

Android 4.03 might not be for everyone either but at least I don't have any of the ristrictions that come with all "I" devices. Cant't simply mount device as a slaved drive when connected to another device or computer. No external media drive of any kind, no standard USB. have to pay money for what's free on all Android devices; codec support for pretty much everything, able to connect to any VPN, Windows, Linux and Apple Server threw a simple file manger with drag and drop support. The ability to customize your desktop or the entire OS with themes and widget support. The list goes on but you get the point.

I am really getting tired of moronic adjectives from random users describing devices that they have never owned and never will own just because it doesn't have a picture of an Apple.

I am not trying to start a comparison war just listed a few things why an Android 4.03 might be attractive to some people. Myself included own both Android tablets and a iPad. Like both systems just fine, each have their weekness and strengths and none are the superior machine.

The Asus is an poor laptop and a worse tablet. It gets both wrong because the OS flat out sucks.

Even simple tasks like typing is a painful experience because of the damn android lag.

And that lame art deco, 1960's neon sci-fi look of ICS is hideous.

Take the Asus Transformer and put Windows 8 on it and you might have something. Android is just bad software because Google only cares about pushing their stupid ads on you, not making a quality product.
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

I was thinking with the much to die for Retina Display capable of playing Full HD videos I thought the optimum had been achieved as far as having a full HD screen was concerned but no, I was wrong and I am shocked and surprised that the out of the world Hyped iPad-3 still cant do this. I am talking about playing FULL HD videoss there is still gonna be those Black bars above and below a HD video while playing it in the iPad-3 because of the orientation of the iPad-3 which is 4:3 and most of the HD videos shot in 16:9 ratio. I am wondering why did they not consider this aspect while maing this out of the world screen, I mean cmon Samsungs Galaxy Tab, Asus Transformer Prime all have the 16:9 ratio !! Could Apple have not done the same thing with the iPad-3 especially when they were doing it with a intention of taking a quantum leap over its competition.

I am shocked and saddened to know this. I was hoping so much to play all the HD videos at its full glory in the new iPad, But I dont think thats gonna be possible because of the iPads Orientation ? So films are either sandwiched by black bars or have to be cropped to fit which I hate !!

Changing the aspect ratio would have meant a huge upheaval for developers and would have made the existing back catalogue of iPad apps effectively incompatible. I'd say in the game of trade offs, black bars on your movie content is much more preferable to having to rewrite every app.
post #15 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

So are you saying that despite having a 16:9 orientation a HD movie can still have Black bars above and below the video ??

Once they decide on the size of the longest side of their device, whatever size they make the other side is just extra space so it makes sense to maximise it and 4:3 is about as big as they'd want to go.

Once they've made that choice, end users don't suffer from the area size of the movie as viewers just have to move closer by a negligible amount.

The issue about black bars is a legitimate concern and I don't like them either but they shouldn't design the device around a single purpose at everyone else's expense. Some movies will show black bars on 16:9 but they are easily cropped by zooming so 16:9 is still a superior aspect for movies.

My own personal preference is 16:10. You can see the 16:10 Asus Transformer and iPad side-by-side here:



The big thing is when it comes to movie cropping to get rid of the black bars. With 16:10, it's a much smaller amount of the movie lost:



Bottom left is iPad/4:3 cropping, bottom-right is 16:10 cropping, 16:9 obviously shows the whole film.

Here's what portrait reading is like in 16:10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgC-pu-GMwY

If we compare to what we are used to outside of the digital world, A3/A4/A5 paper is probably the most common aspect ratio, which is 1.41

4:3 = 1.33
paper = 1.41
3:2 = 1.5 (iPhone aspect)
16:10 = 1.6
16:9 = 1.78

So the closest to paper is the iPad aspect ratio. I feel the best compromise for movie watching is 16:10.

I think it would be nice if you could at least pinch-zoom the movie to crop rather than double-tap. Double-tap usually crops too much off.

Anyway, there's absolutely no chance of changing the aspect at this stage. It would break far too many apps.
post #16 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

The Asus is an poor laptop and a worse tablet. It gets both wrong because the OS flat out sucks.

Even simple tasks like typing is a painful experience because of the damn android lag.

And that lame art deco, 1960's neon sci-fi look of ICS is hideous.

Take the Asus Transformer and put Windows 8 on it and you might have something. Android is just bad software because Google only cares about pushing their stupid ads on you, not making a quality product.

So you have one then and returned it because it was so awfull, please say it's so and not just that you had some random encounter when you were at a store where every Tom, Dick and Harry has screwed with it. Now I don't have an Asus Transformer I have the Slider but close enough though and it is a fantastic tablet and notebook for myself. I don't have any of that lag you are talking about, none and I push it every day. I really like Android 4.03 and as far as I'm concerned it has passed iOS in features. Those adds you dislike so much aren't from Google there from free software but you can get rid of them very simply by buying the software or using a Add blocker but of course you knew that.

It sucks, it's stupid, fine no one is asking you to use it. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to bed and dream of little green martians.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #17 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

So you have one then and returned it because it was so awfull, please say it's so and not just that you had some random encounter when you were at a store where every Tom, Dick and Harry has screwed with it. Now I don't have an Asus Transformer I have the Slider but close enough though and it is a fantastic tablet and notebook for myself.

I didn't return it. After 6 months I sold it because I was so disgusted with the piss poor performance.

It was actually the combo of my horrible experiance with the Transformer for months and failing to get support or updates on my phones that finally pushed me over the edge and made dump android after 3 years of supporting that turd OS.
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

So you have one then and returned it because it was so awfull, please say it's so and not just that you had some random encounter when you were at a store where every Tom, Dick and Harry has screwed with it. Now I don't have an Asus Transformer I have the Slider but close enough though and it is a fantastic tablet and notebook for myself. I don't have any of that lag you are talking about, none and I push it every day. I really like Android 4.03 and as far as I'm concerned it has passed iOS in features. Those adds you dislike so much aren't from Google there from free software but you can get rid of them very simply by buying the software or using a Add blocker but of course you knew that.

It sucks, it's stupid, fine no one is asking you to use it. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to bed and dream of little green martians.

So tell me, how does that 16:9 work for reading magazines, ... or editing word documents or spreadsheets? Or maybe it's just that Android- fanz do nothing but watch videos on their devices (most likely pirated ones) ....
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post

So tell me, how does that 16:9 work for reading magazines, ... or editing word documents or spreadsheets? Or maybe it's just that Android- fanz do nothing but watch videos on their devices (most likely pirated ones) ....

Speaking from experience, the iPads aspect ratio is far more pleasant to handle and read on.

The elongated design android uses makes for a strange feel to hold and read, especially in portrait view.
post #20 of 46
And the android tablet is less useful for web pages and word processing. And it can't display all the 4:3 aspect ratio content without black barssssss!!!!!! OMG fail!!!!
post #21 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And the android tablet is less useful for web pages and word processing. And it can't display all the 4:3 aspect ratio content without black barssssss!!!!!! OMG fail!!!!

You guys are making it sound and look as if webpages and word cannot be atall used or viewed on any of the Android Tablets with a 16:9 orientation, so far there have not been any such problems reported ? It just works fine for viewing your word doc and webpages aswell ? so what are people here talking about ?? I frankly dont understand !!
post #22 of 46
Perhaps this discussion is missing the point. Isn't the iPad much more than just a movie viewer?

The different uses really dictate the screen aspect ratio.
It is a compromise for all these uses.
And I am glad it is, because that makes it much more versatile.
The moment Apple changes the iPad to a 16x9 or 16x10 ratio I stop buying it. No thanks.

I mostly use my iPad to read PDFs, many of which are in US Letter format, which perfectly fits the 4x3 aspect ratio.
Many commercial books are also about that same format.

For example take this Python/Qt book. On the left is how it looks when viewed on my iPad. Each page nearly perfectly fills the screen.
This PDF is a joy to read on my iPad.

Compare that to a 16x9 screen and the PDF becomes a stamp in the middle of the screen or a scrollfest requiring me to constantly pan around. Neither of which I would want.

I'd much rather have black bars on my movies instead.

post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

You guys are making it sound and look as if webpages and word cannot be atall used or viewed on any of the Android Tablets with a 16:9 orientation, so far there have not been any such problems reported ? It just works fine for viewing your word doc and webpages aswell ? so what are people here talking about ?? I frankly dont understand !!

WTF?

Isn't what you're doing making it seem like you can't enjoy watching movies on an iPad?

The iPad works fine for watching your widescreen movies as well. Seriously, it does.

You can't possibly be claiming the iPad is not suitable for watching movies, while at the same time criticizing us for implying that a widescreen tablet is not suitable for viewing webpages an magazines.

What a hypocrite. And a troll. Thanks.
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

WTF?

Isn't what you're doing making it seem like you can't enjoy watching movies on an iPad?

The iPad works fine for watching your widescreen movies as well. Seriously, it does.

You can't possibly be claiming the iPad is not suitable for watching movies, while at the same time criticizing us for implying that a widescreen tablet is not suitable for viewing webpages an magazines.

What a hypocrite. And a troll. Thanks.

He said nothing of the kind. He was just stating that there is nothing wrong with viewing content on a 16:9 it is very useable for Office apps, book, magazines and so on. There is nothing wrong with either ratio. Your the one making a huge case out of everything. I get it you like your iPad and everything else is crap. Apple cannot do any wrong. If the iPad is missing a miniSD drive, aah who cares no one uses them anyway. Apple just can't do wrong in you eyes.

I happen to like to really like my Asus Slider and Samsung Galaxy 7.7. Their both great machines for what I use them for as is the iPad for what I use it for. None of them are the perfect tablet though.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post


I happen to like to really like my Asus Slider .....

Yes, we get it! You bought yourself an Asus tablet. You don't have to tell us in nearly every fuckin' post.
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

He said nothing of the kind. He was just stating that there is nothing wrong with viewing content on a 16:9 it is very useable for Office apps, book, magazines and so on. There is nothing wrong with either ratio. Your the one making a huge case out of everything. I get it you like your iPad and everything else is crap. Apple cannot do any wrong. If the iPad is missing a miniSD drive, aah who cares no one uses them anyway. Apple just can't do wrong in you eyes.

I happen to like to really like my Asus Slider and Samsung Galaxy 7.7. Their both great machines for what I use them for as is the iPad for what I use it for. None of them are the perfect tablet though.

I strongly suggest you read the opening post of this thread.
post #27 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

WTF?

What a hypocrite. And a troll. Thanks.


Being a Fanboy that you are is fine, but you should also be aware what is going around you. What you are calling Troll is, getting in to facts about what that device has to offer without being blindfolded and be a mere fanboy. So you calling it Troll or whatever I dont care !!
post #28 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

Perhaps this discussion is missing the point. Isn't the iPad much more than just a movie viewer?

The different uses really dictate the screen aspect ratio.
It is a compromise for all these uses.
And I am glad it is, because that makes it much more versatile.
The moment Apple changes the iPad to a 16x9 or 16x10 ratio I stop buying it. No thanks.

I mostly use my iPad to read PDFs, many of which are in US Letter format, which perfectly fits the 4x3 aspect ratio.
Many commercial books are also about that same format.

For example take this Python/Qt book. On the left is how it looks when viewed on my iPad. Each page nearly perfectly fills the screen.
This PDF is a joy to read on my iPad.

Compare that to a 16x9 screen and the PDF becomes a stamp in the middle of the screen or a scrollfest requiring me to constantly pan around. Neither of which I would want.

I'd much rather have black bars on my movies instead.


Hmmm...That is some effort Man ! In explaining things. Appreciate it sincerely !
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

Being a Fanboy that you are is fine, but you should also be aware what is going around you. What you are calling Troll is, getting in to facts about what that device has to offer without being blindfolded and be a mere fanboy. So you calling it Troll or whatever I dont care !!

Dude. Here's how the conversation went:

A: The iPad sucks because you can't watch a widescreen video without black bars or cropping.
B: Widescreen tablets suck because you can't read a magazine without cropping or browse a webpage optimally.
A: You're saying that a widescreen tablet can't read webpages and look at magazines! They can!
B: You're saying that an iPad can't watch movies. They can.
A: You're an Apple fanboy!!!!
post #30 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Dude. Here's how the conversation went:

A: The iPad sucks because you can't watch a widescreen video without black bars or cropping.
B: Widescreen tablets suck because you can't read a magazine without cropping or browse a webpage optimally.
A: You're saying that a widescreen tablet can't read webpages and look at magazines! They can!
B: You're saying that an iPad can't watch movies. They can.
A: You're an Apple fanboy!!!!


Do you yourself understand what is this rubbish that you have posted here. I have never said iPad Sucks !! I repeat I have never said iPad sucks ! It truly is a magnificient device with some great utility But unlike you who only keeps harping I am the best, I am the best. I am trying to look at things from a braoder perspective, Half of the things above is not what I mean. Do not misinterpret what I have said or what others have said.
post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

But unlike you who only keeps harping I am the best, I am the best. I am trying to look at things from a braoder perspective,

But that's the whole point! You're not looking at this in a broader perspective. You are looking at this with a singularly narrow view of watching movies. Added to that your OP incorrectly states that the new iPad cannot play HD movies.

Look it's really simple. The iPad screen is not as wide as the Android 10+ inch screens. Ironically the best selling Android tablets appear to be of the 7 inch variety..... so your movie will appear even smaller. Apple has taken the "broader perspective" of opting for a different format.

PS. If you are allergic to the black bars, suggest you get yourself one of these.
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Yes, we get it! You bought yourself an Asus tablet. You don't have to tell us in nearly every fuckin' post.

Worse than that. All Tegra2 tablets are horrible bags of ass, so I find it impossible to believe that anyone could be happy with one. I say this as a reformed Asus Transformer owner
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

Do you yourself understand what is this rubbish that you have posted here. I have never said iPad Sucks !! I repeat I have never said iPad sucks ! It truly is a magnificient device with some great utility But unlike you who only keeps harping I am the best, I am the best. I am trying to look at things from a braoder perspective, Half of the things above is not what I mean. Do not misinterpret what I have said or what others have said.

If all you ever do with a tablet is watch movies, a widescreen tablet is better. Otherwise, it's not.

Apple would be idiotic to produce a widescreen tablet.
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

Do you yourself understand what is this rubbish that you have posted here. I have never said iPad Sucks !! I repeat I have never said iPad sucks ! It truly is a magnificient device with some great utility But unlike you who only keeps harping I am the best, I am the best. I am trying to look at things from a braoder perspective, Half of the things above is not what I mean. Do not misinterpret what I have said or what others have said.

Where has Tonton said anything remotely like "I am the best, I am the best"? You claimed the iPad can't do "full HD" on account of black bars and described your reaction as "shocked and saddened", while unfavorably comparing the iPad to Samsung and Asus.

It was pointed out that a general purpose tablet does more than show video, and that for things like web pages, documents, PDFs, photos, etc, the 4:3 aspect ratio was actually the better choice. Which of course must mean everyone but you is a fanboy.

So: making video the main thing and finding the iPad wanting: broad minded. Making video just one of many things and finding 16:9 wanting: fanboy. Weird.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #35 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Where has Tonton said anything remotely like "I am the best, I am the best"? You claimed the iPad can't do "full HD" on account of black bars and described your reaction as "shocked and saddened", while unfavorably comparing the iPad to Samsung and Asus.

It was pointed out that a general purpose tablet does more than show video, and that for things like web pages, documents, PDFs, photos, etc, the 4:3 aspect ratio was actually the better choice. Which of course must mean everyone but you is a fanboy.

So: making video the main thing and finding the iPad wanting: broad minded. Making video just one of many things and finding 16:9 wanting: fanboy. Weird.

I mean Yeah ! For me having a Full HD screen is playing without Black Bars until I came to know that iPad has only a 4:3 Aspect Ratio !
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

I mean Yeah ! For me having a Full HD screen is playing without Black Bars until I came to know that iPad has only a 4:3 Aspect Ratio !

Things a widescreen tablet does better:
1. HD video watching
2. ?

Things a 4:3 tablet does better:
1. Games (imagine playing Infinity Blade II in widescreen! Scrabble?)
2. Web browsing.
3. Reading books or magazines.
4. Still photography work.
5. Word processing, spreadsheet writing, presentation building.
6. Watching SD video.
7. Creating art.
8. ?

Bottom line: It would be completely retarded for Apple to make the iPad a widescreen device. Anyone at all whose main purpose is not video watching would be retarded to get a widescreen tablet.
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Things a widescreen tablet does better:
1. HD video watching
2. ?

Things a 4:3 tablet does better:
1. Games (imagine playing Infinity Blade II in widescreen! Scrabble?)
2. Web browsing.
3. Reading books or magazines.
4. Still photography work.
5. Word processing, spreadsheet writing, presentation building.
6. Watching SD video.
7. Creating art.
8. ?

Bottom line: It would be completely retarded for Apple to make the iPad a widescreen device. Anyone at all whose main purpose is not video watching would be retarded to get a widescreen tablet.

Oh my gosh, 100 bucks says you would have wrote 4:3 sucked if Apple used a 16.9 screen. 16:9 is just as good for everything you have listed or do you think Macbook's and iMac's suck to? What you wrote is just to damn silly for words, yes we get it anything Apple does is the Gospel.

wait, wait, web browsing is just for 4:3 Creating art, oh stop, please stop
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #38 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh my gosh, 100 bucks says you would have wrote 4:3 sucked if Apple used a 16.9 screen. 16:9 is just as good for everything you have listed or do you think Macbook's and iMac's suck to? What you wrote is just to damn silly for words, yes we get it anything Apple does is the Gospel.

wait, wait, web browsing is just for 4:3 Creating art, oh stop, please stop


Well Said ! What a Apt Reply !
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustya View Post

Well Said ! What a Apt Reply !

Now that I've calmed down a little wow that was fun. I get it 4:3 is more comfortable when reading say a book or a magazine from the Apples iTune store. However take Zinio for instance their magazines are formatted for widescreen. Web surfing though or creative applications well I'm sorry your eyes naturaly go left to right so wider screen will always be a better choice. I love the Macbooks 16:10 ratio just for that reason. iTunes, iPhoto, Photoshop, Office, especially spreadsheets, heck everything except maybe reading a book just looks so much better on a wide screen.

Does anyone still take pictures or movies using 4:3. I see the option but I don't think I have ever clicked it. Especially now that we have a better camera for our iPads. Which by the way is still missing a damn flash uuuurrrgh.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Yes, we get it! You bought yourself an Asus tablet. You don't have to tell us in nearly every fuckin' post.

Actually I think I do. I need to hammer it home that their are Apple users who enjoy tech from other companys. Not everything is crap if it's missing a Apple on the back. Besides I only bring it up when I'm defending my purchase. If you have a problem with me saying Asus Slider well sorry there really isn't anything you can do about it now is there. Continue with your insults makes no difference to me. Have a wonderful day and may God shine happiness on your life.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Well the iPad-3 still can’t do this !!