or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Users complain of weak Wi-Fi reception with Apple's new iPad

Users complain of weak Wi-Fi reception with Apple's new iPad - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

A lot of it is psychology. When I hear someone ragging the iPad because it's thicker and heavier I just scratch my head. Honestly how many people can tell it's the tiniest bit thicker and heavier. If they weren't given the size and weight specifications would they even notice it?

Uh this is probably real stupid of me to post in a thread where everyone has gone completely nuts but uuhhmm there really is a difference in weight and thickness. I'm just a girl and I use to be able to hold the iPad 2 for quite along period of time with just one hand but the new one becomes heavy real quick. Not saying there is anything wrong with that as I'll take the speed, heat, weight, thickness and that bitchin screen any day over the old one. Saying you can't notice it though is kind of reaching a little, there is an obvious difference and it isn't as suttle as you make it out to be.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #122 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Uh this is probably real stupid of me to post in a thread where everyone has gone completely nuts but uuhhmm there really is a difference in weight and thickness. I'm just a girl and I use to be able to hold the iPad 2 for quite along period of time with just one hand but the new one becomes heavy real quick. Not saying there is anything wrong with that as I'll take the speed, heat, weight, thickness and that bitchin screen any day over the old one. Saying you can't notice it though is kind of reaching a little, there is an obvious difference and it isn't as suttle as you make it out to be.

Right. 1.46 pounds is SOOOOOO much heaver than 1.34 pounds. I doubt if many people can even tell the difference.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #123 of 125
Apple has now acknowledged that some iPad owners may be experiencing Wi-Fi issues due to hardware or design problems. The WiFi only version may be affected while the 4G is not according to an Apple Support document. AppleCare staff has been instructed to "capture" (box and return to Apple engineering) any WiFi new iPads that exhibit:

-Intermittent connectivity
-Slow Wi-Fi speeds
-Wi-Fi network not seen

Details at 9to5Mac
http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/04/apple-...ffected-units/
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #124 of 125
Add me to the list. Two laptops in the same room have no trouble, but the iPad drops the signal after a few seconds.

*Surely* Apple must have field tested the new machines before release, so what is going on?
post #125 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACT View Post

*Surely* Apple must have field tested the new machines before release, so what is going on?

Life?

Sometimes, despite our wishes or best intentions, unintended crap happens. Take it back to Apple and get it swapped. Their standing behind their product - what more (aside from perfection) do you want them to do?

It could be worse - you could be an Asus owner: http://allthingsd.com/20120406/confi...es-gps-issues/

So that's why Android tablets require USB ports...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Users complain of weak Wi-Fi reception with Apple's new iPad