or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft rumored to stop funding employee purchases of Apple's iPads, Macs

Microsoft rumored to stop funding employee purchases of Apple's iPads, Macs - Page 3

post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

Why would microsoft need to pull apart a computer developed from a line of generic components, to feed their R&D department that does not create any hardware?

Let's start with getting your facts right. Macs are not made solely of generic components. In every case that I know of, the power supply, motherboard, and case are proprietary. Furthermore, even the other components are often made to specific Apple specs. For example, Apple has had a higher spec on capacitors for some time. Or look at an Apple monitor screen compared to most other PC screens.

More importantly, in case no one has explained it to you, computers are made up of hardware AND software. I'm pretty confident that Microsoft would be more interested in Apple's software than the hardware, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Bill and Melinda Gates have a no-Apple products allowed in the house policy. I am not kidding. They won't let their kids use iPods, for example; other MP3 players, sure, but not iPods. Tell me that has anything to do with making Microsoft products better, rather than petty jealousy over Apple's success.

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/ca/safety/abuseReport.asp
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #82 of 85
Remember, unless Apple creates sui generis products that literally have no antecedent from anything on Earth, and unless they craft these products from their constituent elements, actually mining and refining the raw material and engineering and fabricating each and every component (according to criteria unshared by any other known manufacturer), then it's fair to say that they're merely a part assembler who get away with overpriced hardware that brings nothing new to the market, held aloft by mind control and fan boys. What a scam!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #83 of 85
Microsoft's war with Apple ? LOL...That's been over with and for those who didn't know, I just google'd the winner (nope, didn't use Bing...haha)...Well, when Apple's market cap hurdled past Microsoft at warp speed, I wonder if MS ever asked itself as to why it was always so incredibly unpopular. They are hated now and always have been and now that Apple is the biggest company around, it remains loved and idolized by almost its entire customer base and copied by the entire industry. When they do presentations and market share pie charts about mobile-anything, Microsoft doesn't even get its own category. They're in "Other".

This is petty bullshit. Remember the iPhone 4 and the supposed antenna issues? A month after plenty of bad press and despite record sales in each and every statistic, be it year-over-year or consecutive quarters, some douche at MS said in an interview: "...you know, this just might be their Vista." LOL It still makes me laugh today! Yea, because Vista had issues with stock for 3 months after it went on sale, because it was so insanely popular. And the only entity that didn't absolutely love Vista was Consumer Reports, right? Yea, and Vista quickly became their best selling product ever at the time...Yea, the iPhone 4...just like Windows Vista.

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

post #84 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmallon View Post

What will MS do with all the cash they save,

A, Invest in security

B, Invest in Windows Phone

C, Invest in Tables

D, None of the Above

It's funny how even MS uses apple because it just works, and it's cool

It's not necessarily about Apple being cool or even being the better platform. Microsoft has an employee online shop where they can purchase discounted computers from or even receive credit for purchasing work computers. As Apple allows installation of Microsoft Windows on their computers there is no reason why Microsoft wouldn't allow Apple computers to be offered on the employee shop if made for a happier employee. I'm sure that this story is blown out of proportion and what probably happened was that the Microsoft employee store no longer got the discounts they were used to receiving or maybe they weren't selling as well as the other cheaper PC alternatives. Who knows but it's probably not as villainous as you would think.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #85 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

The WOZ is very smart, but he's never been accused of being wise.

Woz is a lover of technology in general, just because it doesn't have a Apple symbol on it doesn't mean it wasn't a wise purchase decision. There are a many things that you can do on a Android phone that isn't available on the iPhone and visa versa. Now that the Linux kernel 3.3 also has the Android kernel integrated into it were going to see phones that are also computers when plugged into their dock, Woz is really big on this technology and talks alot about it. He's a engineer and new things excite him.

Just because you have a problem with the platform doesn't mean the 60 + percent of the phone market who owns an Android phone does.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft rumored to stop funding employee purchases of Apple's iPads, Macs