or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected

post #1 of 169
Thread Starter 
17 year old Trayvon Martin was recently killed by an armed neighborhood watch Captain in a gated community. The shooter, George Zimmerman, is hispanic. Martin was black. Zimmerman claims self-defense as was not arrested. The boy was authorized to be in the neighborhood, but did not live there.

Since the shooting, racial tensions have been stoked by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Rallies have been held where people carry signs that read "You can't have capitalism without racism." In fact, the media initially didn't report Zimmerman was hispanic. Nationwide marches have been organized, with thousands demanding an "arrest and conviction" for Zimmerman.

It gets worse: Liberal radio and TV host Ed Schultz recently blamed the shooting on former Florida Governor Jeb Bush because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. MSNBC host Karen Finney blamed Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney for the shooting. Jesse Jackson says "blacks are under attack." The New Black Panthers have offered a "Dead or Alive" reward for George Zimmerman.

But it gets even worse: The President of the United states recently chimed in. He stoked the racial angle (despite the fact that there is little evidence to suggest race had anything to do with the shooting) by saying "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin" and by calling for American "soul searching" on how the incident happened. He also indirectly joined the chorus of people blaming Jeb Bush, stating " And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident."

Meanwhile, there is new information that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin, which is why he was not arrested. Our President and his political allies are determined to stoke racial tensions for political gain. Perhaps Glenn Beck was right in predicting there will be riots and violence by summer.

As for me, my reaction to this is that it's tragic. There should and will be an investigation to determine the facts. Secondly, I am disgusted by any attempt to stoke racial hatred over this incident or use it for political gain.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #2 of 169
He used the same tactic in '08. Sad thing is, it worked.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #3 of 169
http://youtu.be/eGuctYqCDvo


I'm sorry but I hear clearly the "F*****n Coons) in the message.

I wanted to believe it wasn't about race but in fact it appears it played a significant
factor and lead to this teenager getting killed
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #4 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

17 year old Trayvon Martin was recently killed by an armed neighborhood watch Captain in a gated community. The shooter, George Zimmerman, is hispanic.

Not true. Zimmerman is mixed Caucasian and hispanic. What you have said is the equivalent o "lets forget the hispanic part and call him white".... (btw, Obama is half Caucasian as well...)

He has a track record of violence. From the wikipedia entry: Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of "resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer" while interfering with the arrest of a friend. Zimmerman had previously been accused of domestic violence by an ex-fiancee (Veronica Zuazo), who had filed for a restraining order against him. Zimmerman counter-filed for a restraining order. A judge eventually ordered them both to stay away from each other for at least one year.

Quote:
Martin was black. Zimmerman claims self-defense as was not arrested. The boy was authorized to be in the neighborhood, but did not live there.

He was visiting a relative who lived there. I guess he was committing the cardinal sin of "walking while black"....

Quote:
Since the shooting, racial tensions have been stoked by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Rallies have been held where people carry signs that read "You can't have capitalism without racism." In fact, the media initially didn't report Zimmerman was hispanic.

The "capitalism without racism" does have a sound basis. Just look at how illegal immigration is policed in this country. Big agribusiness corporations and mega-farms reaps handsome profits from employing "undocumenteds", and do their corporate offices ever get raided by the INS and the Department of Homeland Security? Visit towns and villages throughout in Northern Mexico and you will see "come to the US" billboards paid for by these very companies. This is ONE example amongst probably thousands....

And one more time, this time with feeling: Zimmerman is mixed white-hispanic.

Quote:
Nationwide marches have been organized, with thousands demanding an "arrest and conviction" for Zimmerman.

Someone was killed. He was unarmed, and not committing, or about to commit a crime. And nobody has been charged. Is that justice?????

Quote:
It gets worse: Liberal radio and TV host Ed Schultz recently blamed the shooting on former Florida Governor Jeb Bush because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. MSNBC host Karen Finney blamed Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney for the shooting. Jesse Jackson says "blacks are under attack." The New Black Panthers have offered a "Dead or Alive" reward for George Zimmerman.

But it gets even worse: The President of the United states recently chimed in. He stoked the racial angle (despite the fact that there is little evidence to suggest race had anything to do with the shooting) by saying "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin" and by calling for American "soul searching" on how the incident happened. He also indirectly joined the chorus of people blaming Jeb Bush, stating " And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident."

Liberals are learning, finally. Frank Luntz is now being read by the left, just as Saul Alinsky has been digested by the right.

Quote:
Meanwhile, there is new information that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin, which is why he was not arrested.

As in, a 140 lb 17 year old kid going to visit a relative with a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea, searching for a house in an unfamiliar neighborhood, in the rain... and then he attacks an armed, uniformed 250lb security guard. Just for the hell of it? Try again, Fox News!

Quote:
Our President and his political allies are determined to stoke racial tensions for political gain. Perhaps Glenn Beck was right in predicting there will be riots and violence by summer.

As for me, my reaction to this is that it's tragic. There should and will be an investigation to determine the facts. Secondly, I am digested by any attempt to stoke racial hatred over this incident or use it for political gain.

Politics is such a dirty game. Perhaps liberals are learning what conservatives have done to such great effect over the years.... Karl Rove was a master of the dirty tricks.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #5 of 169
Watched Obama's comments. I heard empathy, something that is dearly lacking in the US right now.

I am also certain that with a little research a similar statement by a white POTUS wouldn't be that hard to find. Wonder if people would call a race card then?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #6 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

17 year old Trayvon Martin was recently killed by an armed neighborhood watch Captain in a gated community. The shooter, George Zimmerman, is hispanic. Martin was black. Zimmerman claims self-defense as was not arrested. The boy was authorized to be in the neighborhood, but did not live there.

Since the shooting, racial tensions have been stoked by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Rallies have been held where people carry signs that read "You can't have capitalism without racism." In fact, the media initially didn't report Zimmerman was hispanic. Nationwide marches have been organized, with thousands demanding an "arrest and conviction" for Zimmerman.

It gets worse: Liberal radio and TV host Ed Schultz recently blamed the shooting on former Florida Governor Jeb Bush because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. MSNBC host Karen Finney blamed Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney for the shooting. Jesse Jackson says "blacks are under attack." The New Black Panthers have offered a "Dead or Alive" reward for George Zimmerman.

But it gets even worse: The President of the United states recently chimed in. He stoked the racial angle (despite the fact that there is little evidence to suggest race had anything to do with the shooting) by saying "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin" and by calling for American "soul searching" on how the incident happened. He also indirectly joined the chorus of people blaming Jeb Bush, stating " And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident."

Meanwhile, there is new information that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin, which is why he was not arrested. Our President and his political allies are determined to stoke racial tensions for political gain. Perhaps Glenn Beck was right in predicting there will be riots and violence by summer.

As for me, my reaction to this is that it's tragic. There should and will be an investigation to determine the facts. Secondly, I am digested by any attempt to stoke racial hatred over this incident or use it for political gain.

How was Zimmerman attacked by a bag of Skittles or a can of soda? Gimme a break!Right away the Republicans bring racial politics to the table. What if it was the other way around? You are dam right if their is no justice to this victim riots will happen in Florida and also across the country also.
post #7 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

http://youtu.be/eGuctYqCDvo


I'm sorry but I hear clearly the "F*****n Coons) in the message.

I wanted to believe it wasn't about race but in fact it appears it played a significant
factor and lead to this teenager getting killed

It is very audible indeed. You are right.This is prejudice to the hilt!
post #8 of 169
Someone here is stoking racial tensions. As usual.
post #9 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

http://youtu.be/eGuctYqCDvo


I'm sorry but I hear clearly the "F*****n Coons) in the message.

I wanted to believe it wasn't about race but in fact it appears it played a significant
factor and lead to this teenager getting killed

I heard about that. I'm not sure it actually changes anything, especially if he was attacked.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #10 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Not true. Zimmerman is mixed Caucasian and hispanic. What you have said is the equivalent o "lets forget the hispanic part and call him white".... (btw, Obama is half Caucasian as well...)

Actually, I just read that today for some reason. The point is he's not "white."

Quote:

He has a track record of violence. From the wikipedia entry: Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of "resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer" while interfering with the arrest of a friend. Zimmerman had previously been accused of domestic violence by an ex-fiancee (Veronica Zuazo), who had filed for a restraining order against him. Zimmerman counter-filed for a restraining order. A judge eventually ordered them both to stay away from each other for at least one year.

That may be, but it doesn't really qualify as "a history of violence" when we're talking about a shooting.

Quote:



He was visiting a relative who lived there. I guess he was committing the cardinal sin of "walking while black"....

Yes, meaning he was authorized to be there. As for the rest, you don't know that.

Quote:


The "capitalism without racism" does have a sound basis. Just look at how illegal immigration is policed in this country. Big agribusiness corporations and mega-farms reaps handsome profits from employing "undocumenteds", and do their corporate offices ever get raided by the INS and the Department of Homeland Security? Visit towns and villages throughout in Northern Mexico and you will see "come to the US" billboards paid for by these very companies. This is ONE example amongst probably thousands....

And one more time, this time with feeling: Zimmerman is mixed white-hispanic.

It has no sound basis at all. Lack of policing is not racism. If anything, the Federal government doesn't do anywhere near enough in policing illegal immigration through Mexico.

Quote:

Someone was killed. He was unarmed, and not committing, or about to commit a crime. And nobody has been charged. Is that justice?????

We don't have the facts. We don't just arrest everyone, sammi. What if he was attacked as the "secret witness" claims? The special prosecutor will determine the facts and decide whether to proceed. We're not just going to run off and arrest someone because there is a mob outside being stoked by Al "white interloper" Sharpton.

Quote:

Liberals are learning, finally. Frank Luntz is now being read by the left, just as Saul Alinsky has been digested by the right.

You just compared Frank Luntz to Saul Alinsky?

Quote:

As in, a 140 lb 17 year old kid going to visit a relative with a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea, searching for a house in an unfamiliar neighborhood, in the rain... and then he attacks an armed, uniformed 250lb security guard. Just for the hell of it? Try again, Fox News!

We don't know. But that is what the witness claims. If he's lying, that will hopefully come out during the process. And stop the the Fox News thing...you look ridiculous.


Quote:
Politics is such a dirty game. Perhaps liberals are learning what conservatives have done to such great effect over the years.... Karl Rove was a master of the dirty tricks.

Liberals wrote this playbook, from claiming that black churches will burn if a Republican gets elected, to advancing the notion that the GOP wants grandma to eat dog food. Karl Rove could't hold a candle to anything done by these folks.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #11 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

17 year old Trayvon Martin was recently killed by an armed neighborhood watch Captain in a gated community. The shooter, George Zimmerman, is hispanic. Martin was black. Zimmerman claims self-defense as was not arrested. The boy was authorized to be in the neighborhood, but did not live there.

Since the shooting, racial tensions have been stoked by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Rallies have been held where people carry signs that read "You can't have capitalism without racism." In fact, the media initially didn't report Zimmerman was hispanic. Nationwide marches have been organized, with thousands demanding an "arrest and conviction" for Zimmerman.

It gets worse: Liberal radio and TV host Ed Schultz recently blamed the shooting on former Florida Governor Jeb Bush because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. MSNBC host Karen Finney blamed Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney for the shooting. Jesse Jackson says "blacks are under attack." The New Black Panthers have offered a "Dead or Alive" reward for George Zimmerman.

But it gets even worse: The President of the United states recently chimed in. He stoked the racial angle (despite the fact that there is little evidence to suggest race had anything to do with the shooting) by saying "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin" and by calling for American "soul searching" on how the incident happened. He also indirectly joined the chorus of people blaming Jeb Bush, stating " And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident."

Meanwhile, there is new information that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin, which is why he was not arrested. Our President and his political allies are determined to stoke racial tensions for political gain. Perhaps Glenn Beck was right in predicting there will be riots and violence by summer.

As for me, my reaction to this is that it's tragic. There should and will be an investigation to determine the facts. Secondly, I am disgusted by any attempt to stoke racial hatred over this incident or use it for political gain.

You've framed the issue perfectly and have presented a profoundly well informed and supported post with multiple links and examples. Great job@

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

http://youtu.be/eGuctYqCDvo


I'm sorry but I hear clearly the "F*****n Coons) in the message.

I wanted to believe it wasn't about race but in fact it appears it played a significant
factor and lead to this teenager getting killed

Every comment under that video hears a number of things. At a minimum it is brown on black crime but per the race hustlers that SDW mentions, Zimmeran can't even be racist because racism is about power and he has none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Watched Obama's comments. I heard empathy, something that is dearly lacking in the US right now.

I am also certain that with a little research a similar statement by a white POTUS wouldn't be that hard to find. Wonder if people would call a race card then?

Obama continually claims his children and family are off-limits but then uses them as the basis of appeals and as a motivation in driving public sentiment. He can't say don't talk about my daughters, but gee, when I think about birth control, I think about my girls. He can't say Trayvon would look like his son and thus he is automatically on the right side of this issue without having to take a position.

I'd argue his son could just as easily look like George Zimmerman. Malia has the same long face and features as Michelle and Barack but Sasha clearly takes her stouter frame and rounder face from some other aspects of their respective families.




Here is picture of George Zimmerman.



Here is a picture of Puerto Rican Obama Impersonator Louis Ortis.



Obama's son could just as easily look Hispanic, Puerto Rican or any other mix that ends up as mixed or light brown. Why does Obama's imaginary son not look like a murderer instead of a victim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Not true. Zimmerman is mixed Caucasian and hispanic. What you have said is the equivalent o "lets forget the hispanic part and call him white".... (btw, Obama is half Caucasian as well...)

Most people understand that by definition hispanic includes that mix in it because the mestizo mix that creates hispanic does not include any pure ethnic groups. It was a mix of Indian and Caucasian that created the groups we call hispanic today. Saying Hispanic and white is like saying white twice depending upon your definition and to whom you ask. I'm quite certain that in some of the circles you must run in Sammi there must be talk about how Hispanics are going to cut out African-Americans because they are now the largest ethnic group, and they are more "white".

Quote:
He has a track record of violence. From the wikipedia entry: Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of "resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer" while interfering with the arrest of a friend. Zimmerman had previously been accused of domestic violence by an ex-fiancee (Veronica Zuazo), who had filed for a restraining order against him. Zimmerman counter-filed for a restraining order. A judge eventually ordered them both to stay away from each other for at least one year.

An arrest is not a conviction. Come on! You really claim solidarity with the communities you claim to represent and you are going to enforce the thinking that an arrest and conviction are the same thing?!?

Quote:
He was visiting a relative who lived there. I guess he was committing the cardinal sin of "walking while black"....

George Zimmerman and Trayvon have the exact same skin tone. Are you seriously claiming that all those "one drop" racists would embrace George Zimmerman with open arms and that their thinking is his thinking?

Quote:
The "capitalism without racism" does have a sound basis. Just look at how illegal immigration is policed in this country. Big agribusiness corporations and mega-farms reaps handsome profits from employing "undocumenteds", and do their corporate offices ever get raided by the INS and the Department of Homeland Security? Visit towns and villages throughout in Northern Mexico and you will see "come to the US" billboards paid for by these very companies. This is ONE example amongst probably thousands....

So I guess China is busy being racist and exploiting their own people. I suppose you are a racist posting on a racist forum because Apple has their products assembled in China.

Quote:
And one more time, this time with feeling: Zimmerman is mixed white-hispanic.

Your term is nonsense. Hispanic is someone who is mixed already. Your term would be like someone saying Obama is mulatto and white.

Quote:
Someone was killed. He was unarmed, and not committing, or about to commit a crime. And nobody has been charged. Is that justice?????

We have to ask the police that. Clearly with the amount of attention this has been getting, there have to be some factors that the media are not reporting and that the politicians exploiting are not mentioning. I know that I could not wander the neighborhood and shoot anyone and not have a massive investigation related to it.

Quote:
Liberals are learning, finally. Frank Luntz is now being read by the left, just as Saul Alinsky has been digested by the right.

That is a hilarious statement.

Quote:
As in, a 140 lb 17 year old kid going to visit a relative with a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea, searching for a house in an unfamiliar neighborhood, in the rain... and then he attacks an armed, uniformed 250lb security guard. Just for the hell of it? Try again, Fox News!

This is the story of his parents. Clearly these are not the only facts or else George Zimmerman wouldn't just be sitting there uncharged. We also haven't seen a picture of Trayvon that clearly wasn't taken when he was 17, all the pictures I've seen of his show him looking 13-14 years old and middle school aged. None of the photos show him his present height of 6'3". None of these stories appear to explain how a fat, clearly out of shape 5'9" George Zimmerman even manages to chase down a young man clearly in such good shape.

That doesn't mean George is right or Trayvon is wrong. It doesn't mean someone didn't do something wrong or that there might not an injustice to investigate. It does mean all the facts aren't out there and there is plenty to look into and explain. Calling for mob justice in the meantime or exploiting it politically is just wrong.

Quote:
Politics is such a dirty game. Perhaps liberals are learning what conservatives have done to such great effect over the years.... Karl Rove was a master of the dirty tricks.

Yes George Zimmerman is just a good ol' boy. He is clearly benefiting from white privileged. He is clearly working a high paying job, one he is minimally qualified for or that pays disproportionate to services received because of who he is or what he happens to be. Clearly he has all the power and was wielding it over folks the same color or background as Trayvon.

Their families lived in the same neighborhood. They had the same types of challenges, problems and situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Someone here is stoking racial tensions. As usual.

Yes, you are indeed.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #12 of 169
Spike Lee tells the mob where George lives.

When Sarah Palin uses metaphors in campaign literature we are told that this makes a unbalanced person within the district somehow violent.

A wanted dead or alive poster by the New Black Panther Party (A racial hate group if ever there was one) and the posting of a home address though is just contributing to high minded political solutions. Lee shouldn't be surprised if he "Mau Mau's" himself someday the way he keeps attacking everyone with his holier than not just thou, but everyone attitude.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #13 of 169
I'm sure Obama will speak up and call these people and groups out by name and shame them for their irresponsible actions.
post #14 of 169
I'm sure obama will bring up this topic, say it's a racial issue, compare differences between a variety of races, explain that "not white" means it can't be a racial issue, and that all brown people look the same, and blame the victim.

Oh, wait, that's what SDW and Trumptman did.

Who's the real racist? As usual?
post #15 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm sure obama will bring up this topic, say it's a racial issue, compare differences between a variety of races, explain that "not white" means it can't be a racial issue, and that all brown people look the same, and blame the victim.

Oh, wait, that's what SDW and Trumptman did.

Who's the real racist? As usual?

The real racists are those trying to make it a black/white issue when it is nothing of the sort. The real racists are those who live in a racist country like Hong Kong while declaring those of us who live in multiethnic communities are the assholes because we don't jump when they declare we must while they do nothing to actually follow their own claimed values or actions.

As usual, we know who that happens to be. Hypocrite indeed!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #16 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The real racists are those trying to make it a black/white issue when it is nothing of the sort. The real racists are those who live in a racist country like Hong Kong while declaring those of us who live in multiethnic communities are the assholes because we don't jump when they declare we must while they do nothing to actually follow their own claimed values or actions.

As usual, we know who that happens to be. Hypocrite indeed!

You've got to be kidding me. I'm a hypocrite because of where I live? That's completely absurd. As usual.

Read these boards. Compare what was said here to what was said by obama. You are incapable of recognizing your own overt racism.
post #17 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You've got to be kidding me. I'm a hypocrite because of where I live? That's completely absurd. As usual.

You live in a country that is 95% the same ethnic group. You cannot imagine having to deal with multi-ethnic situations because you live in a place where they don't happen. You live in a country that makes Arizona look permissive and lax. Arizona is considered horribly racist because they can ask you for your paperwork during a traffic stop. You live in a country where they can ask you for paperwork POINT BLANK without cause or reason if you are an immigrant aka if you are part of that 5%.

Quote:
Read these boards. Compare what was said here to what was said by obama. You are incapable of recognizing your own overt racism.

You can't call anyone a racist. You live around so much of mono-cultural racism you can't even recognize it your own actions. You're busy hurling your ignorance all over the forums. I spend my days and have spent my entire career helping black and brown children become educated. What do you do to see someone black or brown, look at pictures over the internet?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #18 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You live in a country that is 95% the same ethnic group. You cannot imagine having to deal with multi-ethnic situations because you live in a place where they don't happen. You live in a country that makes Arizona look permissive and lax. Arizona is considered horribly racist because they can ask you for your paperwork during a traffic stop. You live in a country where they can ask you for paperwork POINT BLANK without cause or reason if you are an immigrant aka if you are part of that 5%.

Please tell me what this has to do with my ideals. I'm waiting.
Quote:
You can't call anyone a racist. You live around so much of mono-cultural racism you can't even recognize it your own actions. You're busy hurling your ignorance all over the forums. I spend my days and have spent my entire career helping black and brown children become educated. What do you do to see someone black or brown, look at pictures over the internet?

This is absurd. Unbelievably absurd. I have Indians and Pakistanis in my classes. My two best friends are both half mexican (one is half ethnic Jew). I am friends with people from around the world, people who have been to my home. I treat brown and black and Asian and white people exactly the same, not like they are savages I need to assimilate into our society.

When there is a racially related problem in hong kong, I actively go out and use my voice and my vote to help do something about it. And yes, you are aware of my work in this area. Yes, racial issues in Hong Kong are some of the things I discussed when I went to the United Nations in Geneva to help push for pressure on the Homg Kong Government.

By the way here is a photo from a typical night out with my wife and friends:


Left to right, Fanny (my wife) - 3/4 Chinese 1/4 Japanese, Arron - 1/2 Jewish 1/2 Mexican, Luna - Chinese, Akosah from Cameroon, Cris from Brazil

I'd love to know the ethnic makeup of your family and friends, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Oh, but you teach music to blacks and Mexicans in the San Diego area (where my parents live) so I guess you can't possibly be a racist.
post #19 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Please tell me what this has to do with my ideals. I'm waiting.
This is absurd. Unbelievably absurd. I have Indians and Pakistanis in my classes. My two best friends are both half mexican (one is half ethnic Jew). I am friends with people from around the world, people who have been to my home. I treat brown and black and Asian and white people exactly the same, not like they are savages I need to assimilate into our society.

Both Pakistani and Indian people are considered Caucasian. Jewish people are considered Caucasian. Being half-Mexican which means mestizo aka a mix of Indian and Spanish means you are citing someone three-quarters Caucasian and one quarter non-Caucasian.

You've pretty much made my case because you showed complete lack of racial awareness here.

Quote:
When there is a racially related problem in hong kong, I actively go out and use my voice and my vote to help do something about it. And yes, you are aware of my work in this area. Yes, racial issues in Hong Kong are some of the things I discussed when I went to the United Nations in Geneva to help push for pressure on the Homg Kong Government.

I really could care less about what you claim. I could care less about your words. That is the problem with idiotic liberal views. I wore a hoodie this afternoon. In your belief system that means I spent the day pushing for racial justice because my intentions in wearing said clothing must alter the world somehow. Saying you went some place and uttered some words of support and that said words represent "pressure" or "pushing" for something is just nonsense.

Quote:
By the way here is a photo from a typical night out with my wife and friends:

Wow, you took a photo with someone who is brown? That is only about 10x's more offensive than "I've got a friend this one friend of mine who is _______________." So I can't be racist.

Quote:
I'd love to know the ethnic makeup of your family and friends, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

I do mind sharing because I'd never claim that because my one family member is X or Y, or because my friend is X or Y, that I am some how inoculated against rational thought and can go around labeling others as you have done here when you disagree with someone. I hope you've enjoyed your own reasoning applied against you because all you did when it was done against you is act in the most racist manner possible as a response.

Quote:
Oh, but you teach music to blacks and Mexicans in the San Diego area (where my parents live) so I guess you can't possibly be a racist.

You must be brain damaged. I don't live nor work in the San Diego area. Are you claiming your parents live in a racist community? You seem to imply that one could be Caucasian there and still be racist so I'm presuming you are talking about your parents and the circles in which they run.

Here is your defense. I live in a place that is a 95% monoculture and that treats the 5% in terms that would be labeled the most outlandishly racist by those with whom he politically identifies.They would call for boycotts of such places. Instead you live there and hold it up as a model that the U.S. should follow. Your answer as to why you would hold it up as a model instead of boycotting and fleeing it is that I know a bunch of people I don't realize are Caucasian and I took a picture with a brown person. The reason you don't realize they are almost all Caucasian, well it has to do with the fact that you think that diverse when living in a 95% monoculture.

Let's reverse this Tonton. Let us pretend I lived in Arizona. I endorse the law requiring checking of paperwork with traffic stops with suspected illegal immigrants and in fact I want to double down on that and require they carry all documentation with them at all times and that they can be stopped and questioned without suspicion just for looking like possible illegal immigrants. When questioned about this I cite that I have a friend or family member of color and a diverse bunch of Caucasian friends but they are non-European Caucasian. I advocate to have this model in Arizona adopted across the entire United States. If people question my motives I cite I observed some voting stations or spoke at a couple of important functions about social issues.

Really dude can you not see how offense that would be? Can you seriously not see how offensive you've been this entire thread?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #20 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Both Pakistani and Indian people are considered Caucasian. Jewish people are considered Caucasian. Being half-Mexican which means mestizo aka a mix of Indian and Spanish means you are citing someone three-quarters Caucasian and one quarter non-Caucasian.

You've pretty much made my case because you showed complete lack of racial awareness here.



I really could care less about what you claim. I could care less about your words. That is the problem with idiotic liberal views. I wore a hoodie this afternoon. In your belief system that means I spent the day pushing for racial justice because my intentions in wearing said clothing must alter the world somehow. Saying you went some place and uttered some words of support and that said words represent "pressure" or "pushing" for something is just nonsense.



Wow, you took a photo with someone who is brown? That is only about 10x's more offensive than "I've got a friend this one friend of mine who is _______________." So I can't be racist.



I do mind sharing because I'd never claim that because my one family member is X or Y, or because my friend is X or Y, that I am some how inoculated against rational thought and can go around labeling others as you have done here when you disagree with someone. I hope you've enjoyed your own reasoning applied against you because all you did when it was done against you is act in the most racist manner possible as a response.



You must be brain damaged. I don't live nor work in the San Diego area. Are you claiming your parents live in a racist community? You seem to imply that one could be Caucasian there and still be racist so I'm presuming you are talking about your parents and the circles in which they run.

Here is your defense. I live in a place that is a 95% monoculture and that treats the 5% in terms that would be labeled the most outlandishly racist by those with whom he politically identifies.They would call for boycotts of such places. Instead you live there and hold it up as a model that the U.S. should follow. Your answer as to why you would hold it up as a model instead of boycotting and fleeing it is that I know a bunch of people I don't realize are Caucasian and I took a picture with a brown person. The reason you don't realize they are almost all Caucasian, well it has to do with the fact that you think that diverse when living in a 95% monoculture.

Let's reverse this Tonton. Let us pretend I lived in Arizona. I endorse the law requiring checking of paperwork with traffic stops with suspected illegal immigrants and in fact I want to double down on that and require they carry all documentation with them at all times and that they can be stopped and questioned without suspicion just for looking like possible illegal immigrants. When questioned about this I cite that I have a friend or family member of color and a diverse bunch of Caucasian friends but they are non-European Caucasian. I advocate to have this model in Arizona adopted across the entire United States. If people question my motives I cite I observed some voting stations or spoke at a couple of important functions about social issues.

Really dude can you not see how offense that would be? Can you seriously not see how offensive you've been this entire thread?

You're completely off the rails. And your hypothetical example is absurd. Anyone can read this thread and tell immediately who here is racist.
post #21 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Someone here is stoking racial tensions. As usual.

Who can this be is the question?
post #22 of 169
My impression of Obama leads me to believe that if this kid had been white, he would still have said the same thing. Because he has class.

And that eats some people up.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #23 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

My impression of Obama leads me to believe that if this kid had been white, he would still have said the same thing. Because he has class.

And that eats some people up.

Obama would have said that a white kid named Ralph would look just like his son.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Ralph Martin"

Are you saying that Obama and others would be claiming this as a white on black crime if this guy...



was name Jorge Martinez instead of George Zimmerman?

The point is there have been all manner of crimes involving bullying, race, and harm to others. Obama hasn't spoken out about them. However all his wedge political issues involve his children both real and imagined.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #24 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Are you saying that Obama and others would be claiming this as a white on black crime if this guy was name Jorge Martinez instead of George Zimmerman?

Only an asshole with absolutely no handle on reality would claim Obama said this was a white on black crime.

Question for the completely retarded:
Can a black cop be racist against a black youth?
post #25 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm sure obama will bring up this topic, say it's a racial issue, compare differences between a variety of races, explain that "not white" means it can't be a racial issue, and that all brown people look the same, and blame the victim.

Oh, wait, that's what SDW and Trumptman did.

Who's the real racist? As usual?

No one here blamed the victim. We're saying we don't know if he even was a victim. You seem all too willing to be judge and jury here, just as the racial instigators do. I'd prefer to see where the facts lead us, letting the process work. Apparently, you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Only an asshole with absolutely no handle on reality would claim Obama said this was a white on black crime.

Question for the completely retarded:
Can a black cop be racist against a black youth?

Of course he didn't say that. He can't say that. But the point is he made it about race and blaming Republicans for a law that doesn't even apply here. He also injected his children (again) into the conversation (something he claims to oppose). But that's another example of hypocrisy, so we'll leave that for now.

As for the question, that's not an easy answer. You may think it's cut and dried, but it's not.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #26 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No one here blamed the victim. We're saying we don't know if he even was a victim. You seem all too willing to be judge and jury here, just as the racial instigators do. I'd prefer to see where the facts lead us, letting the process work. Apparently, you don't.



Of course he didn't say that. He can't say that. But the point is he made it about race and blaming Republicans for a law that doesn't even apply here. He also injected his children (again) into the conversation (something he claims to oppose). But that's another example of hypocrisy, so we'll leave that for now.

As for the question, that's not an easy answer. You may think it's cut and dried, but it's not.

No, I didn't see that he did make it about race at all. I can see, however, that YOU made it about race. Nice work.
post #27 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Only an asshole with absolutely no handle on reality would claim Obama said this was a white on black crime.

Question for the completely retarded:
Can a black cop be racist against a black youth?

Obama said it is troubling to him because the youth looks like his son. He hasn't been upset when similar crimes have happened and they don't happen to look like his imaginary son. There have been several incidents where black teens have actually lit white teens on FIRE. Can you find me the presidential statement on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, I didn't see that he did make it about race at all. I can see, however, that YOU made it about race. Nice work.

So has Obama condemned the New Black Panther Party which has placed a bounty on George Zimmerman's head and called for a 5,000 black militia to go hunt him down and deliver him dead or alive? Has he condemned the hateful Twitter messages, YouTube comments, and people like Spike Lee who have pushed this out of the realm of the reasonable and into demands for violent action?

I simply ask because this is what you demand of Republican leaders. You don't want to be a hypocrite.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #28 of 169
I think the president should look upon all the children of america and see his sons and daughters.
post #29 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, I didn't see that he did make it about race at all. I can see, however, that YOU made it about race. Nice work.

Of course you'd defend it. OF COURSE. Dude, get real. He said that if he had a son, he might look like Trayvon. He said America needs to do some "soul-searching." I see...it's just coincidence that the civl rights haters...eh, "leaders" are out there saying "black America is under attack." It's just a coincidence that he said this while the New Black Panthers have a $10,000 bounty on the shooter's head. It's just a coincidence that he hasn't made a statement about the Mississippi State shooting involving a white student. Why no soul searching there? Of course it's a freaking racial issue. He WANTS it to be a racial issue.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #30 of 169
It's only about race if YOU make it about race.

A person shot and killed another person. Why bring race into it at all?

Why question the "Stand your ground" laws?... They don't apply here. Zimmerman was NOT "standing his ground"... He was actively pursuing Martin and even said so on the 911 tapes... Even though the police told him to STOP pursuing him!
If anything, Martin had the right to stand HIS ground and protect himself against the person perusing/threatening HIM! (though bringing a bag of skittles to a gunfight wasn't the brightest idea. )

To anyone who is familiar with the gun laws in FL and listens to the 911 tapes, it's fairly obvious that Zimmerman needs to be charged with manslaughter at the least, and possibly murder.

(And neither party's race has anything to do with the charges or crime! ... So quit playing that tired, antagonistic card.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #31 of 169
There seems to be a general trend amongst the right wingers here to default to blaming the victim. That comes as little surprise, given that the victim is someone who doesn't fit into the preferred mold... ie "Trayvon Martin is not one of us".

A woman who says she and her roommate witnessed the final moments of Trayvon Martin's life told Dateline NBC that George Zimmerman had "his hands pressed on his back" and "never turned him over or tried to help him."
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #32 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

There seems to be a general trend amongst the right wingers here to default to blaming the victim.

Really? Who?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #33 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

It's only about race if YOU make it about race.

A person shot and killed another person. Why bring race into it at all?

Race has been brought in because clearly some parties are not happy with what the police have done in handling this matter.

Quote:
Why question the "Stand your ground" laws?... They don't apply here. Zimmerman was NOT "standing his ground"... He was actively pursuing Martin and even said so on the 911 tapes... Even though the police told him to STOP pursuing him!
If anything, Martin had the right to stand HIS ground and protect himself against the person perusing/threatening HIM! (though bringing a bag of skittles to a gunfight wasn't the brightest idea. )

To anyone who is familiar with the gun laws in FL and listens to the 911 tapes, it's fairly obvious that Zimmerman needs to be charged with manslaughter at the least, and possibly murder.


In my opinion, this is going to end up much like the Duke lacrosse case.
I'm not saying George Zimmerman is without fault and that perhaps overtime a deeper investigation will reveal a charge for him. However I suspect Trayvon Martin has much more to his story than pictures of him playing footback back when he was 12-13 years old. It takes quite a bit to be suspended from school for 10 days as well.

Quote:
(And neither party's race has anything to do with the charges or crime! ... So quit playing that tired, antagonistic card.)

Perhaps you should mention that to the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

There seems to be a general trend amongst the right wingers here to default to blaming the victim. That comes as little surprise, given that the victim is someone who doesn't fit into the preferred mold... ie "Trayvon Martin is not one of us".

A woman who says she and her roommate witnessed the final moments of Trayvon Martin's life told Dateline NBC that George Zimmerman had "his hands pressed on his back" and "never turned him over or tried to help him."

How exactly is not grabbing my hoodie and joining the Black Panther lynch mob blaming the victim?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #34 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

It's only about race if YOU make it about race.

Did Jesse Jackson make it about race? Al Sharpton? The people carrying the "you can't have capitalism without (edited for typo) racism signs?

Quote:

A person shot and killed another person. Why bring race into it at all?

Good question.

Quote:

Why question the "Stand your ground" laws?... They don't apply here.

Agreed.

Quote:
Zimmerman was NOT "standing his ground"... He was actively pursuing Martin and even said so on the 911 tapes... Even though the police told him to STOP pursuing him!
If anything, Martin had the right to stand HIS ground and protect himself against the person perusing/threatening HIM! (though bringing a bag of skittles to a gunfight wasn't the brightest idea. )

Those laws wouldn't apply, either.

Quote:

To anyone who is familiar with the gun laws in FL and listens to the 911 tapes, it's fairly obvious that Zimmerman needs to be charged with manslaughter at the least, and possibly murder.

I think that's at least debatable. The tapes are also not the only evidence that the prosecutor and police have. We'll see what they decide to do.

Quote:

(And neither party's race has anything to do with the charges or crime! ... So quit playing that tired, antagonistic card.)

Well, he may get charged with a hate crime, so that's not true either. I don't like hate crimes legislation, but that's another matter.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #35 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The people carrying the "you can't have capitalism with racism signs?

Ya know...if you take "capitalism"...and drop "capit" and add an "r" and replace the "l" with a "c'...you have "racism."





Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

"you can't have capitalism with racism"

I don't even know what the fuck that means. It's like these people have protest sign dice and they're randomly putting together combinations of words of things things they don't like into some bigger combination of something they REALLY don't like.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #36 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Did Jesse Jackson make it about race? Al Sharpton? The people carrying the "you can't have capitalism with racism signs?

What I meant was "you" as in each individual person that thinks about this case.
Race only matters to bigots.

Yes... Jessie and Al and friends are bringing race into it ... but not because race BELONG's in the debate ... only because that is their default position for EVERYTHING.
The fact that they do this ALL THE TIME shows that THEY are the bigots and racists. Most other people would be happy to prosecute the crime based on what happened rather than on the color of one's skin or their religion or whatever other bigoted ideas Jessie and Al want to come up with.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #37 of 169
Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin

Quote:
Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

Jackson, for example, recently said Martin’s death shows how “blacks are under attack” and “targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business.” (SEE ALSO: Jesse Jackson says Trayvon Martin ‘murdered and martyred’)

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, killed Martin, a 17-year-old black man who was unarmed at the time of his death, last month. Zimmerman has claimed to have shot Martin in self-defense and has not been charged with a crime.

But Bryant, who explores the topic of black-on-black crime in his new film “Runaway Slave,” said people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

Bryant said he wishes civil rights leaders were protesting those problems.

“Why not be angry about the wholesale murder that goes on in the streets of Newark and Chicago?” he asked. “Why isn’t somebody angry about that six-year-old girl who was killed on her steps last weekend in a cross fire when two gang members in Chicago start shooting at each other? Why is there no outrage about that?”

Bryant said he worries that “people like Sharpton and those on the left” will make Martin’s death a campaign issue in the presidential race.

He speculated that they will “turn this evolving tragedy of this young man into fodder to say… if you don’t re-elect Obama then you will have unbridled events or circumstances like this happening in the streets to young men wearing hoodies.”

He also criticized President Obama for his “nebulous statement” responding to Martin’s death that “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

“What does that mean?” Bryant asked. “What was the purpose in that?”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #38 of 169
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks

Quote:
The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

The March 21 USPTO applications, each of which cost $325, were filed by an Orlando, Florida law firm representing Fulton.

"I'll think of Trayvon® every time I cash my royalty check."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #39 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Really? Who?

Read the thread. It is readily apparent that those who have bought into institutionalized racism automatically *assume* that Martin was a gang-banger, or a criminal, or had bad intent, because of his color, his attire, perhaps even his age or all these combined. There has been endless repetitive indoctrination by the media, especially in the last 30 years, to demonize young black males, and people default to what is comfortable and convenient, an easy solution that fits their often insular, filtered world view. Oh, and gated communities are for those who prefer to filter their existences from people like Trayvon.... whose profile fitted the description of a person who should not be there... despite having permission to be there.

What kind of precedent can be set by the complete lack of justice in this case? Trigger happy bozos employed by private security can fire at people as a first resort, then give the excuse of "self defense" despite contrary reports by witnesses, and expect the police to do nothing.

Furthermore, the lack of *any* action in this case re. the law, has been a huge step BACKWARD in race relations. It has been one month since the killing. There has been no justice and by the way things are going, there probably will be no justice. Is this acceptable anywhere? Is this OK in a western industrial nation? There are some folk in here trying to defend the indefensible, by sticking up for a callous killer.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #40 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Read the thread.

I did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

It is readily apparent that those who have bought into institutionalized racism automatically *assume* that Martin was a gang-banger, or a criminal, or had bad intent, because of his color, his attire, perhaps even his age or all these combined.

Maybe you could help me by pointing to some specific posts or quotes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

What kind of precedent can be set by the complete lack of justice in this case? Trigger happy bozos employed by private security can fire at people as a first resort, then give the excuse of "self defense" despite contrary reports by witnesses, and expect the police to do nothing.

I'm personally reserving my judgement until I've had the opportunity to see and hear all of the facts that are available. Even then the case might not be clear. I haven't been following the case very closely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Furthermore, the lack of *any* action in this case re. the law, has been a huge step BACKWARD in race relations. It has been one month since the killing. There has been no justice and by the way things are going, there probably will be no justice. Is this acceptable anywhere? Is this OK in a western industrial nation? There are some folk in here trying to defend the indefensible, by sticking up for a callous killer.

Again, I'll reserve judgement. I suspect that the suspect isn't going anywhere right now and the police are perhaps re-investigating but trying to avoid a knee-jerk reaction also.

It's true that it's quite possible justice will not prevail in this case. That would be bad. But I'm not assuming that's the case at this point.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected