or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected - Page 4

post #121 of 169
Considering the the never ending gaffe machine that is Romney, I don't have a problem when the president steps in it from time to time. Let's not even bring up Bush's term!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #122 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Considering the the never ending gaffe machine that is Romney, I don't have a problem when the president steps in it from time to time. Let's not even bring up Bush's term!

Romney is not all that gaffe prone. He's had a few. But compared to Obama and Biden, even Bush looks pretty good in these terms. Biden just thanked "Dr. Pepper" this week in a speech. Obama just proposed cutting oil company subsidies with $4.00 gas--in an election year. Really?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #123 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Obama just proposed cutting oil company subsidies with $4.00 gas--in an election year. Really?

If only I trusted him. We do need to cut oil subsidies.

But he also promised that he would "never" extend tax cuts for billionaires.
post #124 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If only I trusted him. We do need to cut oil subsidies.

But he also promised that he would "never" extend tax cuts for billionaires.

We need to end ALL subsidies and repeal the 16th Amendment.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #125 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

We need to end ALL subsidies and repeal the 16th Amendment.

[SDW]See!! You want to repeal the 16th Amendment!!! You hate the constitution!!!![/SDW]
post #126 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

[SDW]See!! You want to repeal the 16th Amendment!!! You hate the constitution!!!![/SDW]



Ummm...no. Someone suggesting using the internally specified process for modifying the constitution is not hating (nor disrespecting nor ignoring nor subverting) the constitution.

However, someone doing things like ignoring amendments like the 9th and 10th, diminishing amendments like the 2nd and stretching things like the commerce clause to justify anything and everything, and ignoring the enumerated powers, etc....well that's a different story.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #127 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post



Ummm...no. Someone suggesting using the internally specified process for modifying the constitution is not hating (nor disrespecting nor ignoring nor subverting) the constitution.

I agree with you. I was making fun of his moronic criticism of me.
post #128 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I agree with you. I was making fun of his moronic criticism of me.

No, you don't agree. Read his post...he was describing YOU.

By the way, everyone watch the Dems politicizing the death of Trayvon Martin: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/dn...tion-on-scene/
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #129 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

We need to end ALL subsidies and repeal the 16th Amendment.

How about fully reinstating the 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 10th Amendments?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #130 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

How about fully reinstating the 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 10th Amendments?

Well...baby steps. Maybe just get people to read it first.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #131 of 169
Why read when you can watch American Idol?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #132 of 169
I can't get past the idea that a black president could get reelected by stoking racial tensions. He's going to get the 75% of the vote that is black by driving a wedge against the 10% of the vote that is white? Oh I guess I have those percentages reversed, don't I.
post #133 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I can't get past the idea that a black president could get reelected by stoking racial tensions. He's going to get the 75% of the vote that is black by driving a wedge against the 10% of the vote that is white? Oh I guess I have those percentages reversed, don't I.

I don't know if he's deliberately trying to stoke racial tension. I think he's just running off script and that usually makes him look dumb.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #134 of 169
It's very simple, BRussell. The implication is vote Democrat or you're a racist.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #135 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama

Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. When I think about this boy I think about my own kids and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

I’m glad that not only the Justice Department is looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what is taking place.

I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this happened. That means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon. If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we will get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

What an outrageous racial statement.
post #136 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It's very simple, BRussell. The implication is vote Democrat or you're a racist.

Please.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #137 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I can't get past the idea that a black president could get reelected by stoking racial tensions. He's going to get the 75% of the vote that is black by driving a wedge against the 10% of the vote that is white? Oh I guess I have those percentages reversed, don't I.

Why can't you get past that idea? Democrats have been talking up changing demographics for at least a decade. Each time they feel their coalition has grown due to those changes they have thrown out certain interests. They've clearly tossed white men, married women and Catholics as examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It's very simple, BRussell. The implication is vote Democrat or you're a racist.

It's much more than an implication. It's a clear accusation by Democratic party members and representatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

What an outrageous racial statement.

It is and if you reversed the circumstances you'd easily see that. Imagine George W. Bush saying this about John, a white 17 year old boy and have the alleged murderer be black or perhaps an illegal alien.

But my main message is to the parents of John. If I had a son, he would look like John. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we will get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

The media would be all over the statement and the implications. Hell asking for photo ID is racist per the reasoning of such individuals and you think they'd let George Bush say the motivation for taking this seriously is that the kid is his same ethnicity and could look like his son or family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Please.

You're so cute when you beg.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #138 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

What an outrageous racial statement.

What's amazing is that you can't see how racial and inappropriate it is.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #139 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What's amazing is that you can't see how racial and inappropriate it is.

What's telling is that you have attached race to it.
post #140 of 169
Morning Joe says the right is going crazy.

"Some out there are marginalizing themselves, making fools of themselves," he continued. He speculated that they took issue with President Obama's remarks about Martin's death. "I guess in their warped, twisted, distorted, political worldview, that makes this dead 17-year-old boy — who was kept in the morgue for three days before they even notified his parents of his whereabouts — I guess that makes it okay?" he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1392019.html

Interestingly put. By a Republican no less.

He'll be called un-American or not a true Republican in 3...2...1...

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #141 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If only I trusted him. We do need to cut oil subsidies.

But he also promised that he would "never" extend tax cuts for billionaires.

Obama goes which way the wind blows.Let us face it he is for the rich and banks plus oil corporations. Truthfully I voted for him but no more.
post #142 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What's telling is that you have attached race to it.

What's telling is that the left calls almost any disagreement with them screaming racism as a racist act as well.

See above.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #143 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What's telling is that you have attached race to it.

He scolded that America must do "soul-searching" on why it happened. What the hell do you think that means?

He politicized it by saying we need to "examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident."

He personalized it, saying "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

Most importantly, he's not said anything like this for other young whites that have been murdered recently. Why are their parents not called to Capital Hill? Why no soul searching? Why no statement of "I think about my children?" I'll tell you why: Because he's making it about race. If this was a white kid that got killed by a black guy, he'd say nothing. There would be no riots in the streets, despite the fact that the vast majority of violent crimes are committed by blacks and hispanics.

Quote:
As Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute has written, from January to June 2008 in New York City, 83 percent of all identified gun assailants were black and 15 percent were Hispanics.

Together, blacks and Hispanics accounted for 98 percent of gun assaults.

Translated: If a cabdriver is going to be mugged or murdered in New York City by a fare, 49 times out of 50 his assailant or killer will be black or Hispanic.

Hmm. No concern there? Shouldn't we be examining the laws that let this occur? Maybe whites are being hunted down in cold blood? No?

Thought so. Now pull the wool back over your eyes.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #144 of 169
Here's a racially motivated hate crime attack, and the attackers could all be Obama's sons. Will Obama hold a press conference about this?

7 California boys arrested in attack on teen

PALMDALE, Calif. (AP) - Seven black teens have been arrested on suspicion that they committed a hate crime when they attacked a 15-year-old Hispanic boy while he was walking home from school in Southern California, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.katu.com/news/national/7-...145286335.html
post #145 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

There would be no riots in the streets, despite the fact that the vast majority of violent crimes are committed by blacks and hispanics.

Wow that "fact" is not a fact. That's what you get when you look to conservative columnists for your statistics. Here are last year's complete arrest statistics for all crimes. It's about 70-30% white to black overall, and you can look at individual crimes as well. Whites and Hispanics are put together, but in none of them are the "vast majority" committed by non-whites. Most of them vary between 50-50 to 70-30 white-to-black. Blacks have a higher rate of arrest per capita, but that "vast majority" statistic is not true, and it's pretty clear that this columnist was lying to drum up racist feelings.
post #146 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Wow that "fact" is not a fact. That's what you get when you look to conservative columnists for your statistics. Here are last year's complete arrest statistics for all crimes. It's about 70-30% white to black overall, and you can look at individual crimes as well. Whites and Hispanics are put together, but in none of them are the "vast majority" committed by non-whites. Most of them vary between 50-50 to 70-30 white-to-black. Blacks have a higher rate of arrest per capita, but that "vast majority" statistic is not true, and it's pretty clear that this columnist was lying to drum up racist feelings.

"That columnist" is Patrick J. Buchanan, former Presidential candidate and WH Chief of Staff. Of course, the Left loves to paint him as racist, but that's no surprise.

As for the data: I obviously didn't frame that correctly...sorry. Those stats were only from NYC. That being said, the data you're showing is only arrest data...not crime data. There are many, many unsolved violent crimes and robberies, particularly in urban areas. Secondly, you state blacks have "higher arrest rate per capita." Uh...yeah. According to the 2010 Census, blacks account for 12.6% of the population. However, according to the data you presented, 48% of all murders and non negligent homicides are committed by blacks. 55% of robberies are committed by blacks.

The point of Buchanan's column was not to "drum up racist feelings" as you predictably state. It was o demonstrate that given George Zimmerman saw an unknown black male (he gets into gender as well in that piece) wearing a hoodie, he had understandable reasons for being on alert.

Speaking of which, I had mentioned earlier that we had some minor thefts and suspicious characters in my neighborhood last year or so. What I didn't mention is that joke my friend played on everyone around the same time. There were several young black males who had committed these thefts (mostly just going into unlocked cars, getting some "low hanging fruit" so to speak). We had descriptions and there was even an arrest at one point. Anyway, I'm sitting out in my Man Cave/Garage having a cigar one night with some of the other neighbors. My friend had disappeared for a bit. All of a sudden, we see this guy in a hoodie, sort of strutting past the house. Given the recent activity, we sort of stopped and stared....this guy was extremely suspicious. He was walking slowly with no real direction. We couldn't tell his race. He was about 6' tall and wearing a hoodie. That's all we knew. We called 911 to report it. In the middle of the call, we find out it was my friend putting us on! Yes...my friend is white.

I thought of this situation when I heard about this case. It made me consider what I find suspicious and why. In this case my suspicion had zero to do with race...it had to do with behavior. Now, did I assume there was a black face under that hoodie? I really don't know. Given the recent events, I may have. But I can assure you my main concern was the behavior and dress. Did Zimmerman have the same reaction? If Trayvon's hoodie was concealing his face, he very likely did. According to the info we have, there's no evidence whatsoever that the shooting (justified or not) was racially motivated.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #147 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Here's a racially motivated hate crime attack, and the attackers could all be Obama's sons. Will Obama hold a press conference about this?

7 California boys arrested in attack on teen

PALMDALE, Calif. (AP) - Seven black teens have been arrested on suspicion that they committed a hate crime when they attacked a 15-year-old Hispanic boy while he was walking home from school in Southern California, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.katu.com/news/national/7-...145286335.html

No way Sharpton and jackson are not involved.Only if Blacks are involved there will be a big shindig with the media getting involved.That is their narrow minded thinking.
post #148 of 169
Forensic voice identification experts: The cries for help were not Zimmerman's voice.

Link here

However... there are inherent difficulties with voice identification, especially when the sound quality is poor (as this case where the voice was recorded by a cell-phone - assume poor audio quality) and/or recorded at a distance where the higher frequency harmonic components - ie the parts of the voice that are most significant in determining identification, are more attenuated by distance and objects between the source and the recording device, than the fundamental frequency and lower order harmonics.

We don't know what tools and analysis methods were used to determine that the screams were not Zimmerman's... but if anyone can truly debunk this aspect of the story, lets hear it.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #149 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Forensic voice identification experts: The cries for help were not Zimmerman's voice.

Link here

However... there are inherent difficulties with voice identification, especially when the sound quality is poor (as this case where the voice was recorded by a cell-phone - assume poor audio quality) and/or recorded at a distance where the higher frequency harmonic components - ie the parts of the voice that are most significant in determining identification, are more attenuated by distance and objects between the source and the recording device, than the fundamental frequency and lower order harmonics.

We don't know what tools and analysis methods were used to determine that the screams were not Zimmerman's... but if anyone can truly debunk this aspect of the story, lets hear it.

Another leaked out fact. Doesn't make or break the case. Let the process work instead of trying to be judge and jury.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #150 of 169
The audio was reviewed by an expert if I recall correctly and determined to not be Zimmerman's.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1394224.html

An expert in voice analysis.

Actually, it was two experts who both reached the same conclusion.

Dang.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #151 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Another leaked out fact. Doesn't make or break the case. Let the process work instead of trying to be judge and jury.

Yes, let the process work, which is exactly what a large faction of the right wing is telling us is unnecessary. Right.
post #152 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, let the process work, which is exactly what a large faction of the right wing is telling us is unnecessary. Right.

Exactly. That's the problem with these laws, that they basically create a presumption of self-defense if you kill someone, and so police and prosecutors don't even try. These laws were never necessary to address some social problem. There was never any issue of people legitimately defending themselves but being prosecuted. But I think these laws have created the problem that you identified.
post #153 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Exactly. That's the problem with these laws, that they basically create a presumption of self-defense if you kill someone, and so police and prosecutors don't even try. These laws were never necessary to address some social problem. There was never any issue of people legitimately defending themselves but being prosecuted. But I think these laws have created the problem that you identified.

Not entirely true. The law's sponsor sited a case in Florida where a hurricane impacted homeowner was living out of a trailer on his property and shot and killed an intruder that attacked him in the middle of the night. The homeowner was prosecuted whereas any reasonable person would consider self defense.
post #154 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Not entirely true. The law's sponsor sited a case in Florida where a hurricane impacted homeowner was living out of a trailer on his property and shot and killed an intruder that attacked him in the middle of the night. The homeowner was prosecuted whereas any reasonable person would consider self defense.

I'd like to see that case verified. Shit politicians say...

I'm sure there are crazy cases, and in a big country anything can happen. But in my experience, whenever you hear about these scare stories, they turn out either not to be true, or they weren't really prosecuted or convicted, or the facts are otherwise very different.

On the other hand, there are many thousands of cases of killings that go unprosecuted, I'm sure most of which were legitimately justifiable. Gun rights groups love to talk about all the millions of cases of people protecting themselves with guns. But how many of those were just assholes with guns, who get away with it because the change in the law made it more difficult for prosecutors?
post #155 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, let the process work, which is exactly what a large faction of the right wing is telling us is unnecessary. Right.

What the hell are you babbling about? The left is calling for vigilante justice. They are putting bounties on the head of Zimmerman. They are threatening civil unrest. There is nothing like that on the right. The process hasn't charged Zimmerman after a month and several new investigations at various levels of government have begun. There hasn't been a single person in this forum or anywhere else I have read that has said Zimmerman should be done answering questions and off scot-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Exactly. That's the problem with these laws, that they basically create a presumption of self-defense if you kill someone, and so police and prosecutors don't even try. These laws were never necessary to address some social problem. There was never any issue of people legitimately defending themselves but being prosecuted. But I think these laws have created the problem that you identified.

You say exactly letting the system work as it should and then dig right in to your problems with the laws. That isn't letting the system work as it should in this particular case. It's dishonest on it's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I'd like to see that case verified. Shit politicians say...

I'm sure there are crazy cases, and in a big country anything can happen. But in my experience, whenever you hear about these scare stories, they turn out either not to be true, or they weren't really prosecuted or convicted, or the facts are otherwise very different.

On the other hand, there are many thousands of cases of killings that go unprosecuted, I'm sure most of which were legitimately justifiable. Gun rights groups love to talk about all the millions of cases of people protecting themselves with guns. But how many of those were just assholes with guns, who get away with it because the change in the law made it more difficult for prosecutors?

I'd love to see the statistics on women who feel impoverished due to $9 a month Walmart birth control speaking of shit politicians say. The made up birth contraception issue is a prime example of something driven by narrative and nonsense rather than facts. The scare stories of racial injustice I have read about in the last five years or so largely have been uncovered as made up. People hang nooses on their own doors or things like the Duke lacrosse case. The craziest stories of all and the massive overreactions related to it involve "taking back the night" and college campuses. College campuses are among the safest places to be yet women continue to act like every male on campus is a potential rapist and cite ridiculous and unsubstantiated numbers all the time.

Let us never forget the hypocrisy of the left who can both craft slutwalks and protests for the use of the word slut almost within the same year.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #156 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I'd like to see that case verified. Shit politicians say...

I'm sure there are crazy cases, and in a big country anything can happen. But in my experience, whenever you hear about these scare stories, they turn out either not to be true, or they weren't really prosecuted or convicted, or the facts are otherwise very different.

On the other hand, there are many thousands of cases of killings that go unprosecuted, I'm sure most of which were legitimately justifiable. Gun rights groups love to talk about all the millions of cases of people protecting themselves with guns. But how many of those were just assholes with guns, who get away with it because the change in the law made it more difficult for prosecutors?

Well go find it then. I must have heard it on NPR or something like that.

Yea there are many cases that don't get prosecuted. Just look at Detroit. I'm sure most of them are crimes that go unsolved. I never heard anyone pipe off about "millions" of cases of self defense. I'm sure there are some cases where a ligit' gun owner draw their pistol and the bad guy goes running. I doubt those get reported because after all why risk getting an over zealous prosecutor wanting to charge people with brandishing and what not? Best just to walk away.
post #157 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, let the process work, which is exactly what a large faction of the right wing is telling us is unnecessary. Right.

You're not even making sense. The right is saying "let the process work."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Exactly. That's the problem with these laws, that they basically create a presumption of self-defense if you kill someone, and so police and prosecutors don't even try.

Do you care to support that?

Quote:
These laws were never necessary to address some social problem. There was never any issue of people legitimately defending themselves but being prosecuted. But I think these laws have created the problem that you identified.

There have been many stories of people defending themselves on their own property and then getting charged with a crime. Have you been living under a rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

What the hell are you babbling about? The left is calling for vigilante justice. They are putting bounties on the head of Zimmerman. They are threatening civil unrest. There is nothing like that on the right. The process hasn't charged Zimmerman after a month and several new investigations at various levels of government have begun. There hasn't been a single person in this forum or anywhere else I have read that has said Zimmerman should be done answering questions and off scot-free.

You say exactly letting the system work as it should and then dig right in to your problems with the laws. That isn't letting the system work as it should in this particular case. It's dishonest on it's face.

I'd love to see the statistics on women who feel impoverished due to $9 a month Walmart birth control speaking of shit politicians say. The made up birth contraception issue is a prime example of something driven by narrative and nonsense rather than facts. The scare stories of racial injustice I have read about in the last five years or so largely have been uncovered as made up. People hang nooses on their own doors or things like the Duke lacrosse case. The craziest stories of all and the massive overreactions related to it involve "taking back the night" and college campuses. College campuses are among the safest places to be yet women continue to act like every male on campus is a potential rapist and cite ridiculous and unsubstantiated numbers all the time.

Let us never forget the hypocrisy of the left who can both craft slutwalks and protests for the use of the word slut almost within the same year.

Fantastic points.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #158 of 169
Foxnews.com

Quote:
NBC has launched an internal probe after running an edited version of the 911 call from George Zimmerman -- the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin -- that made Zimmerman sound racist.

"We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story," the network said in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday.

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good he looks black."

But the audio recording in its entirety reveals that Zimmerman did not volunteer the information that Martin was black. Instead, Zimmerman was answering a question from a police dispatcher about the race of the "suspicious person" whom Zimmerman was speaking about.

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

Who needs facts when you have an agenda?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #159 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Foxnews.com



Who needs facts when you have an agenda?

You mean like this?

NBC caught making questionable edits to 911 call

Broadcast version: NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

Real Version: A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"
"He looks black," Zimmerman said.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #160 of 169
NBC Fires Producer of Misleading Zimmerman Tape

They forgot to fire the rest of NBC news.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama is stoking racial tensions to get reelected