or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 83-year-old woman sues Apple after walking into glass retail store door
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

83-year-old woman sues Apple after walking into glass retail store door - Page 3

post #81 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

You would think right?

It's just plane stupidity and not paying attention - I chalk this up to the level of the lady that put the McDonald's coffee between the legs and sued them because it was hot and burned her... well, you know. Idiots....

Also, Macrumors posted a picture showing the glass, that clearly has white markers along the whole glass at eye level.

You have fallen victim to MacDonalds PR damage control. Try finding information about the whole issue of MacDonalds and coffee temperature that has not been spun by paid PR people. It is sad that paid liars tend to prevail because so much money is at their disposal.
post #82 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGrief View Post

This is the winner right here:



She wasn't paying adequate attention. By definition, if she were, then she wouldn't have had the problem (unless of course it was deliberate, in which case this is all moot, since then it'd be a case of her making a fraudulent claim).

The doors & walls are NOT invisible - thousands of people see those glass walls and walk through those glass doors every day without colliding with them. The <average> person (who's paying proper attention to their surroundings) doesn't have a problem with these things.

Claiming that she should get special consideration because she's 83 and has bad eyesight is bunk - if she has bad eyesight, then the onus is on her to pay extra attention and use more care when moving about. It shouldn't be anyone else' responsibility to be her keeper - not you, me or even Apple. If a blind woman walked into the glass doors because she couldn't be bothered to use her cane to suss out the boundaries of the object in her environment (in other words, apply the necessary attention to navigating the world, and taking her limitations into consideration) - then that would be considered negligence on her part. This is EXACTLY the same.

It's her responsibility to pay sufficient and necessary attention to her surroundings. She didn't - if she had, then we're back to my initial assertions...


Not the same. By age 80, >50% of us have some level of dementia. Look up alzheimers.

The sad thing here is the world moves by so fast, that there is no caretaker for this lady. She, like so many many others is out there trying to do whatever she thinks she needs to do, however addled it may be. Where's her relatives? Busy with their own lives. She probably drives daily, a truly horrendous thought. I hope when I'm 80 there is pod transportation so that I need not drive.

As a caretaker for an 88 yo, I cringe at the things I was unaware of 10 years earlier. I don't know what the answer is, but 80 yo people need a lift to the Dr. And the store. It's too hard for many of us to do with work and kids. This is something society will have to wrestle with in coming years.
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
Reply
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
Reply
post #83 of 160
Can't believe all the hate (and denial) on here.

"Stupid old woman!" - you're going to be old one day.

"I've run into glass and the only thing hurt was my pride" - ah, so your sample of one rules out the possibility of *anyone* *ever* getting physically injured walking into glass.

"Any idiot can tell the glass is there" - the large number of people stating that they've walked into glass on this forum itself illustrates otherwise.

The fact is, accidents happen. Sometimes they happen due to the fault of the one injured, and sometimes due to another party. A court will hear both parties' cases (if it even goes to trial), and then will allocate responsibility. All the rest of you are just armchair whiners who need to shut up.
post #84 of 160
This reminds me of my (now dead) great uncle who used to make a fair bit of money by falling down in Denny's. Just because one is over 80 doesn't mean one can't be a con artist.
post #85 of 160
She is Evelyn Paswall and not Evelyn Pasglassdoors

I lived some years in the USA and things like I am sorry or it's my fault are very seldom heard. OTOH is very common to hear people say it's your fault and you should be sorry
post #86 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CogitoDexter View Post

Apple undoubtedly has third-party liability insurance for this sort of event

In the UK it's called Public Liability Insurance. If a person is injured on your property or is damaged because of your business, you could be liable for related costs such as compensation and damages. If that happens the insurance company will pay out. Every Retailer in the UK has this type of insurance. I'm sure they must have something similar in the US.
post #87 of 160
Some people on this board talk as if they've never seen an octogenarian in their life. She could have limited vision, walking problems, and be quite short and/or stooped over. MANY people are like this in their advanced years. It's incredibly callous to assume she has the visual acuity of someone much younger.

She walked into a glass door. I have done this myself before, and likely many of the ridiculous Apple apologists have too. Unfortunately and dangerously at age 80 she broke her nose. This is something that in this day and age a company can easily foresee happening, especially when there is a rapidly growing population of seniors. The company should have taken care to ensure that those doors could be seen by everyone - not just some 30 something with excellent vision. Now it will, and should, pay.

There will be a reasonable settlement for this I'm sure, and it will be a mistake that Apple will likely take great care not to repeat.
post #88 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

"I've run into glass and the only thing hurt was my pride" - ah, so your sample of one rules out the possibility of *anyone* *ever* getting physically injured walking into glass.

"Any idiot can tell the glass is there" - the large number of people stating that they've walked into glass on this forum itself illustrates otherwise.

My daughters are 6 1/2 and 4 and last summer we were at a friend's house and she has 2 different doors leading to her back deck. Glass doors and sliding screen doors. I warned the kids several times about the different doors and not to just run thru them, besides being worried about tripping and crashing into some of Zoi's nice things. At one point in the night they were running after their cousins and my youngest ran face first into the screen door and bounced off of it. She had hit face first and her nose was a bit red, but she was fine. It was an odd combination of being concerned and trying to get out of my chair and hurry to check on her (as I had been sitting facing the door and saw her from behind as it happened) and trying not to fall down myself as I was busy laughing once I made sure she was ok.

So far the main thing I am hearing in this thread is old people, young people and drunk people are the most likely to walk into things like this. Sounds about right to me. Apple already takes measures to show the glass is there. I'm sorry some people can't be bothered to pay attention. This case will go nowhere.
post #89 of 160
wow! she only wants some money!
post #90 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualie View Post

Some people on this board talk as if they've never seen an octogenarian in their life. She could have limited vision, walking problems, and be quite short and/or stooped over. MANY people are like this in their advanced years. It's incredibly callous to assume she has the visual acuity of someone much younger.

She walked into a glass door. I have done this myself before, and likely many of the ridiculous Apple apologists have too. Unfortunately and dangerously at age 80 she broke her nose. This is something that in this day and age a company can easily foresee happening, especially when there is a rapidly growing population of seniors. The company should have taken care to ensure that those doors could be seen by everyone - not just some 30 something with excellent vision. Now it will, and should, pay.

There will be a reasonable settlement for this I'm sure, and it will be a mistake that Apple will likely take great care not to repeat.

I would tend to agree with you. Apple like any retailer has a duty of care to provide a safe retail environment in line with health and safety regulations. That includes disabled access and making sure the retail unit is safe. If you put up a clear glass wall you must ensure that there is adequate signage to warn people that it's a glass wall. I know it sounds stupid but the law is there to protect everyone, including those with impaired vision. Providing she didn't do it deliberately this lady has a case for damages and compensation. I suspect Apple will simply settle out of court for a more "reasonable sum" and claim the money back on their insurance.
post #91 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I would tend to agree with you. Apple like any retailer has a duty of care to provide a safe retail environment in line with health and safety regulations. That includes disabled access and making sure the retail unit is safe. If you put up a clear glass wall you must ensure that there is adequate signage to warn people that it's a glass wall. I know it sounds stupid but the law is there to protect everyone, including those with impaired vision. Providing she didn't do it deliberately this lady has a case for damages and compensation. I suspect Apple will simply settle out of court for a more "reasonable sum" and claim the money back on their insurance.

Of course Apple has an obligation to provide a safe retail environment. The fact that millions of people walk through the doors every year without breaking their noses is pretty strong evidence that Apple does so.

Apple does NOT have an obligation to prevent harm to people who are negligent and who are too oblivious to the world around them to avoid walking into a door.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #92 of 160
IMO somewhat legitimate claim, however the asking amount is absurb. Only in America.
post #93 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post

Not a great idea making everything out of glass.

I certainly can't comprehend making the phone out of glass. Don't think I've ever been to a store yet and not seen someone getting the phone fixed cause it was dropped and shattered.

Making the walls and doors out of glass invites accidents.

And making spiral staircases and stair railings out of glass. Geez. Matter of time before someone gets hurt with that move.

Maybe they could tint the doors and windows with a smoke color or something. In the meantime they need to pay this poor lady for her injuries.

In fact, i'm going down to my local Apple store right now and see if I can get in on some of this money. Gonna need it the next time I drop my phone. Which is made out of glass.

I see your intelligence takes after the namesake of your username. Congrats.
post #94 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

No comment on the legal aspects of this, but it seems to me that this represents bad store UI design on Apple's part. They should have something (other than lame white stickers) that artistically and subtly makes it clear to users of their stores that there is a wall of glass to be avoided.

Here's an idea -- have some kind of proximity sensor that triggers a reaction by the glass -- it could become temporarily opaque as someone approaches. That would be cool. (note that I have no idea how to make that happen technically, but I'm sure somebody at Apple does -- those guys have the smartness).

That is a very good idea! You could have arrows that point to the door.
post #95 of 160
This case looks...

*puts on sunglasses*

...crystal clear.


YEAAAAAHHHHHH!
post #96 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubs45 View Post

Only in America could this happen

If you can see through it, its probably glass.

You got that right. This is right up there with the old lady spilling hot coffee on herself and suing McDonalds. USA stands for U Sue All.
post #97 of 160
Now for the good news. The lady still has her drivers license. Keep that in mind the next time you drive through Manhasset.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply
post #98 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemagic View Post

You got that right. This is right up there with the old lady spilling hot coffee on herself and suing McDonalds. USA stands for U Sue All.

See my earlier post about that one. The coffee was much hotter than it should have been as it caused 3rd degree burns to 6% of her body and less burns to another 16% of her body in 2-3 seconds flat
post #99 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

she broke her nose and she asks 1 million?
1 million????
1 million???
really? 1 million???

even 1000 dollars would be too much!

1 million? lol

Apple is made of money. They're hoping for a juicy settlement. And her lawyer needs a new summer house to go with that new kitchen.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #100 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

Can't believe all the hate (and denial) on here.

"Stupid old woman!" - you're going to be old one day.

"I've run into glass and the only thing hurt was my pride" - ah, so your sample of one rules out the possibility of *anyone* *ever* getting physically injured walking into glass.

"Any idiot can tell the glass is there" - the large number of people stating that they've walked into glass on this forum itself illustrates otherwise.

The fact is, accidents happen. Sometimes they happen due to the fault of the one injured, and sometimes due to another party. A court will hear both parties' cases (if it even goes to trial), and then will allocate responsibility. All the rest of you are just armchair whiners who need to shut up.

It's not only 80 year olds that can do this. After months of having sliders on to the pool deck wide open during the winter in Florida they get closed during the day for the first time once summer arrives and the AC goes on. I can attest to the fact not only have I walked into the glass our cat does it too! We quickly learned that some decal or dangling object was needed for the first few weeks after they are closed. This is too high for the cat but after a few full running head on crashes she became far more careful

BTW... It really fracking hurts I can tell you!

This needs some mind bendingly clever Apple solution such as having lights shone in the edge of the glass somehow so as to make effects appear on the inside only that makes the glass obvious without blocking the view or light.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #101 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garamond View Post

*Knock-knock*

Who's there?

Little old lady.

Little old lady who?

I didn't know you could yodel.


Or in this case...

*KNOCK*

Who's there? Hello?

Owwww my nose
post #102 of 160
If so, she will probably lose her case.
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.
Reply
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.
Reply
post #103 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

has filed a legal complaint against Apple after she broke her nose on the doors

Unbelievable.

Apple should just print a menu for payouts for injuries:
Broken nose: $1 million
Stubbed toe: $650,000
Nosebleed: $450,000
Trip on stairs: $350,000
Static electric discharge: $250,000
Mild discomfort of any kind: free iPod Touch
Mild embarrassment: free $50 iTunes Gift Card

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #104 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post

The US legal system is now coming in the way of natural selection
Let's treat everyone like idiots, and if there is no warning, then it's not their fault
if you do that long enough, you end up with a country of idiots, who can't think for themselves. And assume if there is no warning, then it's not dangerous.
bye bye common sense

Everyone should watch the movie "Idiocracy". It was released as a comedy, but it looks more like a documentary now.
post #105 of 160
Another example of stupid minimalism by Apple! My local store doesn't even stock important basic items because the staff tell me it would clutter up the store having products for sale! The store doesn't have ANY signs either so to find out when they are going to open you have to bang on the glass until you can attract someone's attention to walk over, open the door, and tell you! I wish someone would tell them that minimalism and excellent design are not one and the same thing.
post #106 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


This needs some mind bendingly clever Apple solution such as having lights shone in the edge of the glass somehow so as to make effects appear on the inside only that makes the glass obvious without blocking the view or light.

Won't work. Some sap will say all the lights and displays around the door distracted their attention otherwise they wouldn't have walked into the door.
post #107 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Apple should just print a menu for payouts for injuries:
Broken nose: $1 million
Stubbed toe: $650,000
Nosebleed: $450,000
Trip on stairs: $350,000
Static electric discharge: $250,000
Mild discomfort of any kind: free iPod Touch
Mild embarrassment: free $50 iTunes Gift Card

Pain in the ass: euthanasia
post #108 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Everyone should watch the movie "Idiocracy". It was released as a comedy, but it looks more like a documentary now.

I did see that movie and loved it, but I don't agree that the world is becoming idiotic like the film suggests. What I think is happening is that, because there are more people in the world than before, there are more idiots to showcase their stupidity like our dear old lady filing the lawsuit. However, it's not all gloom and doom since the upside is that many more intelligent people exist, but you have to search for them much harder than you had to before(hint: the internet has more of the former attending the show than the later).
post #109 of 160
Mother, I told you not to go to that place. *Sigh*

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #110 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbryan View Post

You have fallen victim to MacDonalds PR damage control. Try finding information about the whole issue of MacDonalds and coffee temperature that has not been spun by paid PR people. It is sad that paid liars tend to prevail because so much money is at their disposal.

That's because people don't educate themselves. Like- actually educate themselves. Not just read a forum full of other misinformed people- but read up on actual cases and learn the facts.

The truth here- like most of the law suits filed and posted on this forum- are that no facts have been presented yet. It could be a completely bogus charge, but it might be completely legitimate. But of course, no one wants to wait on actual facts and evidence to pass judgement. They'll just do that right now WITHOUT ANY evidence or facts. And they'll argue until they are blue in the face that their opinion is correct- even though, again, no evidence or facts have been presented. It's unbelievable. For everyone who says our country is stupid for allowing cases like this- I point the mirror back at you and say your are idiotic for forming an opinion before any facts are presented.

The bottom line is that no one loves truly ridiculous (or ones that can be convoluted as ridiculous) lawsuits more than the large corporations. Then they can use those minuscule fractions of fractions of law suits as the drum they beat in public (i.e. Chamber of Commerce) while they have congress pass laws that take your rights away to a fair trial. Then the people vote because "they don't agree with that case", and the millions of legitimate cases suffer in the process. Congratulations America- the corporations win (who I support in most cases), and we, the people, lose. Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

It's just plane stupidity and not paying attention - I chalk this up to the level of the lady that put the McDonald's coffee between the legs and sued them because it was hot and burned her... well, you know. Idiots....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Is she the same women who burnt her lips on HOT coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Could be her sister...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemagic View Post

You got that right. This is right up there with the old lady spilling hot coffee on herself and suing McDonalds. USA stands for U Sue All.

Case and Point.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #111 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

That's because people don't educate themselves. Like- actually educate themselves. Not just read a forum full of other misinformed people- but read up on actual cases and learn the facts.

The fact here- like most of the law suits filed and posted on this forum- are that no facts have been presented yet. It could be a completely bogus charge, but it might be completely legitimate. But of course, no one wants to wait on actual facts and evidence to pass judgement. They'll just do that right now WITHOUT ANY evidence or facts. And they'll argue until they are blue in the face that their opinion is correct- even though, again, no evidence or facts have been presented. It's unbelievable. For everyone who says our country is stupid for allowing cases like this- I point the mirror back at you and say your are idiotic for forming an opinion before any facts are presented.

The bottom line is that no one loves truly ridiculous (or ones that can be convoluted as ridiculous) lawsuits more than the large corporations. Then they can use those minuscule fractions of fractions of law suits as the drum they beat in public (i.e. Chamber of Commerce) while they have congress pass laws that take your rights away to a fair trial. Then the people vote because "they don't agree with that case", and the millions of legitimate cases suffer in the process. Congratulations America- the corporations win (who I support in most cases), and we, the people, lose. Yay.

You made a great argument.

Quote:
Enough with the fag-talk. Your $h*ts all retarded.

Then you weakened your argument with these comments.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #112 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Then you weakened your argument with these comments.

Thats from the movie Idiocracy... I'll take it out as it could be offensive (but very funny in the movie).

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #113 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2012 View Post

Another example of stupid minimalism by Apple! My local store doesn't even stock important basic items because the staff tell me it would clutter up the store having products for sale! The store doesn't have ANY signs either so to find out when they are going to open you have to bang on the glass until you can attract someone's attention to walk over, open the door, and tell you! I wish someone would tell them that minimalism and excellent design are not one and the same thing.

Our Apple store is in a mall, so it follows mall hours. There is this wonderful invention known as the internet. You can look up individual stores and their hours there. Considering a majority of the people who post on this site seem to have at least one method of checking the net w/them at any given time, this seems pretty easy to me.

Which important items are they not stocking? At our store the walls in the back half of the store are covered with items for sale and the front half is loaded w/apple systems and handhelds as per usual.
post #114 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Thats from idiocracy... I guess I should put it in quotations or something.

Yeah, I didn't realize that was a quote. It seemed odd that your salient point would deteriorate so much in your final reply but perhaps you just frustrated with all the idiocracy.

PS: No need to take it out, just put quotes around it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #115 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Yeah, I didn't realize that was a quote. It seemed odd that your salient point would deteriorate so much in your final reply but perhaps you just frustrated with all the idiocracy.

lol... ya. That or I have some undiagnosed syndrome.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #116 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Case and Point.


No not case and point. Read the facts of the Hot Coffee case. I even posted a nice link for it earlier. 180-190 degree coffee caused burns over 22% of her body in 2-3 seconds, including 3rd degree to 6% of her body. The boiling point for water is 212. Sit down on something that will trap the water and pour near boiling water in your crotch and see what happens. Spilling it was her fault (which was why McDonald's was viewed as only 70% at fault), but it was significantly over the temperature it should have been served at, which was all their fault.
post #117 of 160
There's no need to stick labels on the window, just don't wash off the blood that must have gushed from her mangled nose. Will be a great warning for others, and cheaper.
post #118 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

No not case and point. Read the facts of the Hot Coffee case. I even posted a nice link for it earlier. 180-190 degree coffee caused burns over 22% of her body in 2-3 seconds, including 3rd degree to 6% of her body. The boiling point for water is 212. Sit down on something that will trap the water and pour near boiling water in your crotch and see what happens. Spilling it was her fault (which was why McDonald's was viewed as only 70% at fault), but it was significantly over the temperature it should have been served at, which was all their fault.

Reread his comment. He's agreeing with you.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #119 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

All I can say is, America is one crazy messed up country.

She was sextexting at the time or she'd have seen the door. Women do this all the time.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #120 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Apple should just print a menu for payouts for injuries:
Broken nose: $1 million
Stubbed toe: $650,000
Nosebleed: $450,000
Trip on stairs: $350,000
Static electric discharge: $250,000
Mild discomfort of any kind: free iPod Touch
Mild embarrassment: free $50 iTunes Gift Card

You forgot to end your list with:
Do cartwheels down glass staircase: Priceless
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 83-year-old woman sues Apple after walking into glass retail store door