or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Are non-OEM Magsafe Adapters safe?

Are non-OEM Magsafe Adapters safe?

post #1 of 3
I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro and I've had to buy replacement adapter twice due to fraying. Now I am gonna buy my third adapter and I came upon $16 non-oem adapters. Should I stay with Apple-built $79 Magsafes or are these non-OEMs similar to Apple's?
post #2 of 3
Apple. I wouldn't trust third party batteries or chargers.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifsyed View Post

I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro and I've had to buy replacement adapter twice due to fraying. Now I am gonna buy my third adapter and I came upon $16 non-oem adapters. Should I stay with Apple-built $79 Magsafes or are these non-OEMs similar to Apple's?

I own a 2009 MacBook Pro, a computer just a year older than yours. I purchased a new MagSafe adapter because my original would no longer power my computer. Turns out that the extension cord powering the adapter was not plugged-in. That Magtag repair done, both MagSafe adapters continue to work like charms.

I've said all that to say this: If you are having problems with your adapter, then I seriously recommend that you examine how you are treating your adapters. It is inconceivable that you would be experiencing your problems under normal use or even under vigorous use.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Are non-OEM Magsafe Adapters safe?