As far as blockbuster products and market drivers toward $1000 stock price:
- iPad (Education market, Automotive market, Travel market penetration)
- MacBook Air (already redefined the notebook market)
- iCloud (run away success although not monetized)
- Siri (potential not even close to being realized, think "Made for Siri")
- Maps and Navigation (may help adoption rates in Automotive market?)
- AppleTV (?)
Growth in China, India and Brazil.
I don't believe that a single product line will necessarily move Apple stock another 400 points. Instead, a combination of existing products, known but not-fully-realized products and emerging markets could move Apple Stock another 400 points.
Although I can't see any revolutionary changes Apple could implement in the Television market, I am not sure Apple needs to offer anything revolutionary. The television market is primed for disruptive forces as many people seem disturbed by the high-cost, low-quality offerings of subscription television.
How could apple potentially disrupt the television market? If Apple can replace multiple devices with a single device, AppleTV:
- Retina Display with Siri controls
- Entertainment Center (Genius cataloged with Ping integration to see what your friends are watching and television subscriptions via iTunes)
- Game console (Game Center with high-quality iOS games)
- "Home Center" (Calendar, Contacts, FaceTime, iMessage and "Made for AppleTV" home automation)
- "Learning Center" (educational apps, iTunes U, Podcasts)
It is possible that only Apple is capable of producing high-quality displays (4k x 4k display) at an acceptable price point at this time