or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung announces estimated $40B in revenue, $5B in profit for Q1 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung announces estimated $40B in revenue, $5B in profit for Q1 2012 - Page 6

post #201 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

You really need some serious work on your reading comprehension buddy.

So in your mind, those 55" OLED TVs are also "COPYCAT" versions too right? It's never done before. As long as its Korean, even if it was never done before, its a copy cat.

I personally think you have something against Koreans in general. You are filled with hatred against a nationality. You should get help. School is the first step.

It is NOT the nationality--it is the QUALITY of products the make, and the COPYCAT reputation they have!
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #202 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Yeah, and that poor kid is near death now. You see the irrationality of Apple fanbois now?

That is HOW Apple products generate loyalty--these people will even risk their lives to possess GREAT and EXCELLENT products--can korean copycats generate SUCH loyalty?
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #203 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

That is HOW Apple products generate loyalty--these people will even risk their lives to possess GREAT and EXCELLENT products--can korean copycats generate SUCH loyalty?

I think Apple itself is a loyal customer to Samsung.
post #204 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post

I think Apple itself is a loyal customer to Samsung.

Actually, Apple is distancing themselves further away from Samesung and are aligning themselves more toward China and Japan!
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #205 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Actually, Apple is distancing themselves further away from Samesung and are aligning themselves more toward China and Japan!

The current trends say otherwise, but for the sake of your mental well-being I hope your wish becomes true.
post #206 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

It is NOT the nationality--it is the QUALITY of products the make, and the COPYCAT reputation they have!

You still havent acknowledged your reading comprehension skills.

Just admit that you've made a mistake. Swallow your pride and take it like a man.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #207 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

You still havent acknowledged your reading comprehension skills.

Just admit that you've made a mistake. Swallow your pride and take it like a man.

What about it...the PATHETIC REALITY IS Hyundai and Kia have BELOW AVERAGE RESALE VALUES and that is a FACT...whatever spin those paid PR sites make has NOTHING TO DO with REALITY!

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...uz/prices.html Hyundai Veracruz BELOW AVERAGE---THAT IS A FACT!

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ge/prices.html BELOW AVERAGE

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...-value-fastest Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, Kia Sedona

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/new-car-....html?page=all Top Ten NEW CLUNKERS TO AVOID--8th place goes to KIA

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/27/car...sed_slide.html Cars that LOSE their VALUES the FASTEST--FIRST Place goes to KIA
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #208 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post

The current trends say otherwise, but for the sake of your mental well-being I hope your wish becomes true.

Just admit you are in denial...go see how Apple has major deals with FOXCONN and Sharp!
Samesung along with its Google Android OS is going DOWN and that IS the trend! SJ's Thermonuclear war is WINNING!
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #209 of 226
To try to to make your point about cars that lose value fast you also throw Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Mercedes, Chrysler, Saab, Mitsubishi, Mercury, Isuzu, and Suburu under the bus in your provided links. No criticism of them?

And you conveniently cherry picked bad performing examples in your other links.

Here are the popular Hyundai models, from your own source

Sonata – Above Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ata/index.html

Elantra – Above Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...tra/index.html

Kia Optima – above average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ima/index.html

Kia Sorento – Excellent

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...nto/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Just admit you are in denial...go see how Apple has major deals with FOXCONN and Sharp!

I wasn’t aware of any exclusive deals they have Sharp or Foxconn. Do you have links?
post #210 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post

To try to to make your point about cars that lose value fast you also throw Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Mercedes, Chrysler, Saab, Mitsubishi, Mercury, Isuzu, and Suburu under the bus in your provided links. No criticism of them?

And you conveniently cherry picked bad performing examples in your other links.

Here are the popular Hyundai models, from your own source

Sonata – Above Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ata/index.html

Elantra – Above Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...tra/index.html

Kia Optima – above average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ima/index.html

Kia Sorento – Excellent

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...nto/index.html



I wasn’t aware of any exclusive deals they have Sharp or Foxconn. Do you have links?


You forgot this OVER-ALL RANKING: CARS THAT LOSE THEIR VALUES THE FASTEST!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/27/car...sed_slide.html KIA TOPS IT...LOL!

AS for FOXCONN and Sharp--go look at AppleInsider archive and you will see it!

OVER-ALL RANKING OF CLUNKERS TO AVOID: KIA SITS ON NUMBER 8!

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/new-car-....html?page=all
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #211 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

You forgot this OVER-ALL RANKING: CARS THAT LOSE THEIR VALUES THE FASTEST!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/27/car...sed_slide.html KIA TOPS IT...LOL!

So according to that list there are

(4) American
(4) Korean
(2) German
(1) Japanese
(1) Swedish

Even Mercedes is included in that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post


OVER-ALL RANKING OF CLUNKERS TO AVOID: KIA SITS ON NUMBER 8!

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/new-car-....html?page=all

What is wrong with you, look at all the cars ahead of Kia on the that list. And again, Mercedes is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post


AS for FOXCONN and Sharp--go look at AppleInsider archive and you will see it!

Don't see anything regarding exclusive supply deals.
post #212 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune View Post

so according to that list there are

(4) american
(4) korean
(2) german
(1) japanese
(1) swedish

even mercedes is included in that list.



What is wrong with you, look at all the cars ahead of kia on the that list. And again, mercedes is included.



Don't see anything regarding exclusive supply deals.

Kia (korea) TOPS and have the MOST NUMBER OF CARS on the over-all ranking of cars that have resale value GO DOWN the fastest==PROVED MY point BEYOND ANY DOUBT!! As for FOXCONN and Sharp--as I said do your own reserach on the AppleInsider it IS there--unless you are a lousy researcher!

Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #213 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Kia (korea) TOPS and have the MOST NUMBER OF CARS on the over-all ranking of cars that have resale value GO DOWN the fastest==PROVED MY point BEYOND ANY DOUBT!!

I don't even know why I am even arguing with someone like you but here are more stats.

The cars included in that list (according to you the definitive source on resale value) are mentioned as low performers in the article. However, this site tells a different story, again this is your own source regarding resale value.

Kia Sedona - Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ona/index.html

Kia Optima - Above Average

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ima/index.html

Kia Rio - Excellent

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008/kia/rio/index.html

Hyundai Accent - Excellent

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008...ent/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

As for FOXCONN and Sharp--as I said do your own reserach on the AppleInsider it IS there--unless you are a lousy researcher!

[/u][/b]

I don't see any articles about any exclusive supply deals involving Apple and Sharp/Foxconn. Why don't you provide a link and prove your point "Beyond any Doubt"?
post #214 of 226

LOL, I just realized those are cost of ownership ratings, not resale.

With his reading comprehension flubs, I should have known better than blindly follow his lead.

Worst Overall Car Resale Values, ALG.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ory=loResidual

No Kias.

This one from Consumer Reports

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=435652

Again, no Kias in worst performers.

These are residual values, there are no recent lists on anything going back more than 36 months but it’s safe to extrapolate to anything older, which is why the ALG article is titled “Worst Overall Car Resale Values”.
post #215 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post

LOL, I just realized those are cost of ownership ratings, not resale.

With his reading comprehension flubs, I should have known better than blindly follow his lead.

Worst Overall Car Resale Values, ALG.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ory=loResidual

No Kias.

This one from Consumer Reports

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=435652

Again, no Kias in worst performers.

These are residual values, there are no recent lists on anything going back more than 36 months but it’s safe to extrapolate to anything older, which is why the ALG article is titled “Worst Overall Car Resale Values”.

AGAIN...AGAIN: You ARE IN DENIAL!

You forgot this OVER-ALL RANKING: CARS THAT LOSE THEIR VALUES THE FASTEST!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/27/car...sed_slide.html KIA TOPS IT...LOL!

AS for FOXCONN and Sharp--go look at AppleInsider archive and you will see it!

OVER-ALL RANKING OF CLUNKERS TO AVOID: KIA SITS ON NUMBER 8!

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/new-car-....html?page=all
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Reply
post #216 of 226
Seriously AI?

Its an article that has NOTHING to do with apple. NOTHING. Apple profits are not reported on the Samsung blog, so WHY THE FORK are you reporting Samsung profits on an APPLE blog just to start a war?

How about sticking to articles that deal with apple and not some other company who have their own blog?
post #217 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

Seriously AI?

Its an article that has NOTHING to do with apple. NOTHING. Apple profits are not reported on the Samsung blog, so WHY THE FORK are you reporting Samsung profits on an APPLE blog just to start a war?

How about sticking to articles that deal with apple and not some other company who have their own blog?

1) Samsung is a direct competitor to Apple which makes it relevant. They are also the closest in competing with Apple's revenue, profit, ASP, and profit margin.

2) I cherish these article here because you can't have a learned conversation on more generalized tech site forums.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #218 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Just admit you are in denial...go see how Apple has major deals with FOXCONN and Sharp!
Samesung along with its Google Android OS is going DOWN and that IS the trend! SJ's Thermonuclear war is WINNING!

Good lord you read to many comic books.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #219 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

Seriously AI?

Its an article that has NOTHING to do with apple. NOTHING. Apple profits are not reported on the Samsung blog, so WHY THE FORK are you reporting Samsung profits on an APPLE blog just to start a war?

How about sticking to articles that deal with apple and not some other company who have their own blog?

It has a lot to do with AI, Samsung seems to be the only company who can successfully compete with the giant. Even after the many attempts to knock Samsung out of game buy sueing them repeatedly without success, thank goodness. I don't think I could live in a world with only one mobile manufacture.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #220 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Good lord you read to many comic books.

More like high school dropout.
post #221 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Samsung margin: abount 10%.
Apple margin: about 50%.

Apple products are great, but OVERPRICED!!!

What if Apple paid more for components and the price stayed the same? Their profit margins would be less. But you'd still be paying the same price. So I'm not certain that I understand how the consumer would benefit from that "smaller profits are better for the consumer" way of thinking.

The market determines value. Apple sells products that have relatively elastic demand curves (because you can't eat them, live in them or wear them to keep you warm). If Apple's products were (truly) "overpriced", then demand would fall, correct? But last I checked, people were still lining up around the block to buy them.

I read a great piece back around Christmas. I wish I had saved it. But the article spoke about brand value and what it means to a company. And the two companies that stood out in the article, that were not known for playing the pricing/deep discount game: Apple... and Ferrari.
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
post #222 of 226
iPhone 3GS, free with contract, sold more than any android model in the US Q4 last year.
post #223 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

I'm sorry, but when the last few pages of this thread went completely off topic into discussing the reliability and resale value of BMWs vs Kias, I can't help but laugh at this statement.

I like those type of discussions... they make me appear more rational by comparison.
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #224 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

I'm sorry, but when the last few pages of this thread went completely off topic into discussing the reliability and resale value of BMWs vs Kias, I can't help but laugh at this statement.

It gets especially frustrating when it's the weekend and there are no new stories to comment on...
post #225 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

I'm sorry, but when the last few pages of this thread went completely off topic into discussing the reliability and resale value of BMWs vs Kias, I can't help but laugh at this statement.

i agree wholeheartedly.
post #226 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Customer retention is not really a very helpful statistic.

Let's say you're in the market for a $40,000 car. You have a lot of options to choose from - and even a lot of comparable options. If I want a good quality, comfortable, mid-sized sedan for $40,000, I have a dozen or more choices.

OTOH, if you 'only' have $60 K to spend and want a full blown luxury vehicle, the Equus may be your only choice. Even on the low end, Hyundai vehicles are generally priced considerably lower than most of the competition. So 'high customer retention' may simply mean 'our customers are consistently looking for a cheap car and we don't have as much competition in that space'.

That's not to say that Hyundai vehicles are bad. They certainly seem to offer decent value in the markets where they compete. But you can't really use customer retention as evidence of that.


The thing is, people dont mess around when spending the kind of money to buy a car. Some will choose a car just to save $1000 - $1500 spending $20,000+ based on price alone, but those are few. Most will not buy a car unless they believe it is going to be something they can rely on. They will pay a bit more for dependability without giving it much thought.

The JD Power Customer Retention showed that Hyundai owners are the most likely to be brand loyal when it comes to buying their next car. If it were simply because Hyundai was slightly cheaper than their competitors, they would have won this award every year they sold cars in America because its always been that way. But this is the first year they took the prize. People come back to Hyundai because their prior experience was good enough that they want to stick with the same brand.

Ive compared trim levels of the Sonata vs Camry and on the upper level and hybrid trims, there is no difference in price (same options and features) and in one case the Sonata was more expensive than Camry. (although Camry did offer additional options which Sonata didnt have which made it more expensive). And the cheapest car in America is no longer Hyundai or Kia, but the Nissan Versa, and by a fairly wide margin.

Heres another Brand Loyalty survey done by Kelley Blue Book, with Hyundai winning again.

http://mediaroom.kbb.com/hyundai-mai...ota-closing-in

Kia also finished in fourth place out of all manufacturers.

In the very latest study, Toyota is in the lead by a hair over second place Hyundai, and Kia maintaining the fourth spot.

http://mediaroom.kbb.com/toyota-rede...-since-Q3-2010

Kia and Hyundai are still behind in reputation compared to Toyota and Honda, especially among the older generation.

But with all the advertising they do to get their brand name to be recognizable among the new generation, and with support of prior owners from studies like these, their reputation increases every year against the odds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung announces estimated $40B in revenue, $5B in profit for Q1 2012