or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC profits collapse 70% in face of competition from Apple, Samsung
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HTC profits collapse 70% in face of competition from Apple, Samsung - Page 3

post #81 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not putting you down, I'm saying your comments are irrational. Making mostly rational comments still means your post is irrational if say the things you do.

Part of this disconnect I see in your posts is that you think the word has more importance than the implied meaning or context. It shows you write emotionally, without any regard for reason. This is why you think telling me to bugger off which we all know means to fuck off,, is perfectly acceptable, yet anyone that disagrees your posts, not even against you as a person, you say is personal attacking you. I don't mind you being emotional, but I do mind when you are making irrational and hypocritical statements.

PS: There is nothing secure about not wanting an iPhone because "everyone owns one."

It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that. It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation. I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. I'm sorry, I won't come back any more. I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #82 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a shame that people will not chose something because it came from Apple.

[QUOTE=fredaroony;2091129]Most of the comments in this forum are childish at best and with 1727 posts I'm sure this doesn't surprise you The iPhone is a great phone but it's shame some people can't see the value in something that doesn't come from Apple.

The funny part is that in another thread, Relic denied that any significant number of people went out of their way to avoid Apple products simply because they were from Apple.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #83 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that. It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation. I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. I'm sorry, I won't come back any more. I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.

I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #84 of 111
I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.

For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.

For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not putting you down, I'm saying your comments are irrational. Making mostly rational comments still means your post is irrational if say the things you do.

Part of this disconnect I see in your posts is that you think the word has more importance than the implied meaning or context. It shows you write emotionally, without any regard for reason. This is why you think telling me to bugger off which we all know means to fuck off,, is perfectly acceptable, yet anyone that disagrees your posts, not even against you as a person, you say is personal attacking you. I don't mind you being emotional, but I do mind when you are making irrational and hypocritical statements.

PS: There is nothing secure about not wanting an iPhone because "everyone owns one."
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #85 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.

For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.

For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.

I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.

To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I still think AI pays them to come here.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #86 of 111
You know that would make too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #87 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

You know that would make too much sense.

I mentioned this before and a couple of clowns came down on me for mentioning it.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #88 of 111
I have yet to be in an Android forum. When that day comes, I won't be singing Apple's the best because that would be inappropriate.

Many posts here are obvious link baits. But then, there are some members that simply truly lost and this is their best attempt at a social life.

In case someone finds this post ironic, I am in the middle of writing essays for my master's degree, and this is my way of winding down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. Oddly enough, though, Android fans tend to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever.

I still think AI pays them to come here.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #89 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.

It's hard to believe but I'm a very big fan of Apple computers. Most of my computers are still Apple except for my mobile stuff and even then I just recently switched over from Apple to Android. I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one. Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better. So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great. I still have a iPad though, a new one to. My family and friends pulled together and got me one for my birthday that I spent in a hospital.

I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #90 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's hard to believe but I'm a very big fan of Apple computers. Most of my computers are still Apple except for my mobile stuff and even then I just recently switched over from Apple to Android. I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one. Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better. So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great. I still have a iPad though, a new one to. My family and friends pulled together and got me one for my birthday that I spent in a hospital.

I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.

Well, then, skip the negative comments about Android and talk about the positive aspects of the Apple products you own.

It just doesn't make sense to go on and on abut how great Android products are on an Apple centric forum.

It's just nuts in my opinion.

... and I don't believe you when you say you don't hate Apple.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #91 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.

To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I still think AI pays them to come here.

Actually I'm in quite a few Android related forums and a lot of them talk about their iPhones all of the time and not in a negative way. In fact I find better support in Android forums then I do in Apple forums when I need assistance with my iPad because people who use Android seem to be more tech savy, go figure.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #92 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that.

1) You can be emotional and still be rational. This is a tech based forum not a book club.

2) I've already noted the hypocrisy.

Quote:
It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation.

No reasonable person will have any problem with that.

Quote:
I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. [...] I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.

I'm sorry for your situation, as noted when you first mentioned it, but it's irrelevant to the topical discussion. I would be a hypocrite I would treat your logic differently from anyone else's.

I respect a lot of posts on this forum but I oft disagree with them and them with me. Respect isn't blindly agreeing with someone. I read what they write and respond as effectively as possible because I want them to respect my words. That is the only truth we have in a text-based arena.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I won't come back any more.

That just sounds like you are looking for pity and being dramatic. That simply doesn't work in this medium.


Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.

For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.

I frequent other forums but usually to read. I rarely have little to offer Android forums so I don't respond. I've never posted on them that they should all get iPhones, but perhaps I would if less people would come to Apple-centric forums to say how Android is better than iOS.

Quote:
For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.

A lot of things have never applied to Apple products. Even as Apple grew and AnandTech started covering more of their products you still see juvenile comments about how Apple sucks, how Anand is now an Apple fanboy, and complaints against any detailed lengthy review of an Apple product that is released once a year while some poorly selling Android-based device doesn't get the same treatment. Anand does do plenty of lengthy reviews of flagship Android-based products that far outnumber the 1 iPhone or 1 iPad released each year but they can't cover all variations of all new Android-based products.

PS: What are the chances this won't make national headlines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one.

There are few people on this forum that suggest such a thing. I've never said it nor do I recall Island Hermit implying it.

Quote:
Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better.

Now? You didn't know Android used Linux kernel before you you owned it? That seems unlikely to me, especially for someone who is a programmer. I am the farthest thing from a programmer and i can tell you the foundation of every major OS on the market.

Quote:
So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great.

No reasonable person will have any problem with that.

Quote:
I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.

So you read something you feel is incorrect and then reply accordingly? That's why I reply the way I do.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #93 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Actually I'm in quite a few Android related forums and a lot of them talk about their iPhones all of the time and not in a negative way. In fact I find better support in Android forums then I do in Apple forums when I need assistance with my iPad because people who use Android seem to be more tech savy, go figure.

This goes against everything I have ever heard from Android people on this forum. I've heard over and over again how Apple is hardly mentioned, if ever, on Android forums.

So I call bullshit.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #94 of 111
As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).

It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Well, then, skip the negative comments about Android and talk about the positive aspects of the Apple products you own.

It just doesn't make sense to go on and on abut how great Android products are on an Apple centric forum.

It's just nuts in my opinion.

... and I don't believe you when you say you don't hate Apple.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #95 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I've heard over and over again how Apple is hardly mentioned, if ever, on Android forums.

Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.

Say, now seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #96 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).

It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.

That's likely common for most things. The attempts by <name_one> to try to make <name_two> look bad just make <name_one> look worse.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #97 of 111
I don't know about anyone else, but my time is money. I neither have the luxury nor the time for pissing contests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.

Say, now seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #98 of 111
Some are more toxic than others. Some do it for bravado and the need for validation. Some are truly clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's likely common for most things. The attempts by <name_one> to try to make <name_two> look bad just make <name_one> look worse.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #99 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).

It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.

Funny you should mention that... I've been called a troll on here a couple of times... plus I've been lambasted a few times for not praying at the Apple altar.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #100 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.

Say, now seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?

I wouldn't know.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #101 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

I was going to comment on your comment, but then I caught myself.

I have as much chance of convincing you as you convincing me (iPhone vs. Note).

So in the end, we can simply just agree to disagree.

Convince me of what? I was a happy iPhone user until I found something better, in my opinion. I have a iPad, iMac, Mac Mini, Macbook Air and Apple TV...I'm not anti Apple at all so not sure what you are talking about...
post #102 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Plus I've said this before, it's only Apples mobile line that I have a problem with. The rest is just peachy in my book.

I'm kind of the same way although I own an iPad. I'm quite pissed that they released the Personal Hotspot for the new iPad but not for the iPad 2, that's just a shitty thing to do!
post #103 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Thank you for your reply, that sounds really amazing. It's kind of strange that company's buy iPhones, I mean you need a multimedia player installed to sync with Hotmail. I hope Apple drops the whole iTunes thing and just allows an iPhone to be mounted as a regular drive.

Not strange at all really as many useful apps for companies on the iPhone i.e. Salesforce etc.
post #104 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.

To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I still think AI pays them to come here.

Umm...isn't the title of this thread regarding HTC? Maybe thats a clue for you....
post #105 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Umm...isn't the title of this thread regarding HTC? Maybe thats a clue for you....

I don't give a shit what the titles are on an Android forum... I'd have to be nuts to go over there and discuss Apple products.

By the way... the title is about HTC's loss of profits due to competition from Apple and Samsung.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #106 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I don't give a shit what the titles are on an Android forum... I'd have to be nuts to go over there and discuss Apple products.

Jeesh, the title of THIS thread!
post #107 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Jeesh, the title of THIS thread!

... and I'm saying that I wouldn't go over to an Android forum regardless of what titles were on their threads... so why the hell do Android fans come over here.

My guess... they're nuts.

... and, yes, I was wrong to include your OneX... it is an HTC device. You'll notice that I didn't go after you for posting about it. You gave a clear indication of why it suited you, BUT at the same time you took a dig at the iPhone which was totally unnecessary to your point... the one about the iPhone looking old fashioned. Myself... I think the OneX looks cheap. See... looks are deceiving on both counts.

My second sentence should have clued you into the fact that I knew which thread you were discussing.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #108 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... and I'm saying that I wouldn't go over to an Android forum regardless of what titles were on their threads... so why the hell do Android fans come over here.

My guess... they're nuts.

... and, yes, I was wrong to include your OneX... it is an HTC device. You'll notice that I didn't go after you for posting about it. You gave a clear indication of why it suited you, BUT at the same time you took a dig at the iPhone which was totally unnecessary to your point... the one about the iPhone looking old fashioned. Myself... I think the OneX looks cheap. See... looks are deceiving on both counts.

My second sentence should have clued you into the fact that I knew which thread you were discussing.

Have you actually seen a One X in person? The iPhone design, while great two years ago, is starting to look dated now. I'm sure the next one will be awesome though but for now the One X has leap frogged it, in my opinion.
post #109 of 111
Nothing, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Convince me of what?
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #110 of 111
You know, if Google want to double their market cap, I believe their killer app would be to develop an ad analytics system that does not depend solely on site traffic. The goal, or benefit, is websites can truly moderate posts for relevance rather than simply encouraging or instigating adversarial exchanges for the sake of traffic for traffic's sake. The benefit for advertisers is more accurate data.

Or perhaps AI should just be renamed The Android/AppleInsider. This way, there is no confusion as to what this forum is for. Then we can just happily contradict one another on and on and it would make perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... and I'm saying that I wouldn't go over to an Android forum regardless of what titles were on their threads... so why the hell do Android fans come over here.

My guess... they're nuts.

... and, yes, I was wrong to include your OneX... it is an HTC device. You'll notice that I didn't go after you for posting about it. You gave a clear indication of why it suited you, BUT at the same time you took a dig at the iPhone which was totally unnecessary to your point... the one about the iPhone looking old fashioned. Myself... I think the OneX looks cheap. See... looks are deceiving on both counts.

My second sentence should have clued you into the fact that I knew which thread you were discussing.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #111 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Have you actually seen a One X in person? The iPhone design, while great two years ago, is starting to look dated now. I'm sure the next one will be awesome though but for now the One X has leap frogged it, in my opinion.

I guess you didn't get my point... which is that looks can be deceiving.

I can honestly say that the 4S does not look dated to me. To me it looks like a solid well built phone. To me it's a classic. ... but, yes, if Apple makes a larger screened phone it will attract an even wider audience. A lot of people do like a larger screen, as long as it doesn't come with too much added bulk.

My company Blackberry Pearl... now that looks dated... but it's still well built.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC profits collapse 70% in face of competition from Apple, Samsung