or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Easter Greetings!

Easter Greetings!

post #1 of 9
I thought of you guys today! I need to come back here more often.

Here is my heart today for you all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqrqP...eature=related

Eternal Love! From Fellows!
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #2 of 9
Fellows! Funny, we were just discussing evolution in another thread.

Happy Spring Fertility Festival to you as well!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Fellows! Funny, we were just discussing evolution in another thread.

Happy Spring Fertility Festival to you as well!

We also celebrate another important holiday called Passover for 8 days this week. My extended wishes for all the Jewish members here. Marv
post #4 of 9
The Jews were never mass-enslaved in Egypt. The Exodus story is patently false. Moses and the Ten Commandments never happened, crumbling the foundation of Judaism, taking Christianity, Islam, and Mormonism with it. Whoops.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...-myth-1.420844

Please don't perpetuate the lies that were fed to me when I was young. Denying and vilifying Egyptian cultural heritage, even for a metaphor, is wrong.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #5 of 9
Fellowship, please excuse BR. He's trying to rail against promoting what he calls "ignorance" by promotion his own brand.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #6 of 9
Quote:

The Jews were never mass-enslaved in Egypt. The Exodus story is patently false. Moses and the Ten Commandments never happened, crumbling the foundation of Judaism, taking Christianity, Islam, and Mormonism with it. Whoops.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...-myth-1.420844

Please don't perpetuate the lies that were fed to me when I was young. Denying and vilifying Egyptian cultural heritage, even for a metaphor, is wrong.

Assume every bit of that is true, which you've done. Is that proof that there is no experience after death, or that a higher power than yourself does not exist? All those things you're attacking are simply symbols and acknowledgements. You're using symbols of an idea in an attempt to disprove an idea itself. I'm quite certain you recognize the flaw in your argument.

You made a statement in another thread today:
"I do not trust faith because anything is justifiable if the burden of proof is merely "I really really really super-duper really believe it."

Have you ever had faith that your parents would do the right thing, or that your children would do as they say? That those you love would not intentionally harm you? Can you touch the faith you've put in those you've chosen to surround you?

Are people simply a odd collection of somewhat organized molecules with no real reason to exist other than chance? Is each day (an invented time period) just an transformation of energy carrying no importance in the universe. Is our idea of a meaningful life, and the need for rules to govern and protect ourselves from ourselves a display of faith that we have a reason to be? For someone who would believe that their opinions and feelings are of immense importance, it obvious that you must have faith that you are more than a slowly expiring entity. If there is personality, isn't there also uniqueness and therefor what some regard as a soul?

Hopefully you haven't become so bitter, self-absorbed or selfish that you can no longer find comfort in believing in an idea larger than yourself no matter how intangible or lacking in proof. Faith gives us a reason to look forward to tomorrow and the tomorrow after that.

Don't get so caught up in refuting details to disprove an idea that you cannot that you lose sight of the much bigger picture and the reason that faith exists.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #7 of 9
You are conflating two definitions of the word faith. Religious faith is belief in the "supernatural" without evidence. The other kind of faith you are referring to is about trust based on prior experiences. Your argument here is like the "evolution is just a theory" line of reasoning--"theory" in the scientific context has a very different definition than that in the more casual vernacular.

I don't need proof in the nonexistence of an afterlife. Those who assert one exists have the burden of proof. They need to pony up the evidence--not me.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #8 of 9
Quote:

You are conflating two definitions of the word faith. Religious faith is belief in the "supernatural" without evidence. The other kind of faith you are referring to is about trust based on prior experiences. Your argument here is like the "evolution is just a theory" line of reasoning--"theory" in the scientific context has a very different definition than that in the more casual vernacular.

I don't need proof in the nonexistence of an afterlife. Those who assert one exists have the burden of proof. They need to pony up the evidence--not me.

Can you prove we will all be here tomorrow?

Can you prove that redistributing resources or our massive federal apparatus will alter the lives of anyone using hard science?

You can't so you are preaching and promoting a false doctrine.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #9 of 9
Quote:

True enough but you're not even recognizing the rather unscientific failure in logic that you're exhibiting in all this while claiming some sort of high ground due to your allegedly more "rational" and "scientific" thinking.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Easter Greetings!