or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Foxconn employee says Apple placing orders for next iPhone to debut in October
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foxconn employee says Apple placing orders for next iPhone to debut in October

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
The head of human resources at one Foxconn factory claims that Apple has recently placed an order for its sixth-generation iPhone, and that the device is on schedule to launch in October of 2012.

The official from Foxconn's Taiyuan factory allegedly gave the info and date to South Korea's Maeil Business Newspaper. The original article was translated on Monday by Kotaku.

"We just got the order," the Foxconn human resources head reportedly told the newspaper. "[The release] will be around October."

The paper spoke with the head of human resources because Foxconn's Taiyuan factory has posted many hiring notices of late. The employee confirmed that the factory has been hiring a large number of employees lately as it gears up to assemble Apple's next iPhone.

Rumors have generally pointed toward a fall 2012 launch of the next iPhone, placing it one year after the debut of the iPhone 4S. Last year's iPhone 4S launch was unique because Apple, in years past, had launched new models in the months of June or July.

One report from February claimed that Apple plans to continue to release new iPhone models in the fall for the foreseeable future. Last year's iPhone launch essentially took the place of Apple's annual fall iPod event, but the iPod now represents a much smaller part of Apple's business, which led to it being pushed into the background in 2011.


Apple CEO Tim Cook touring an iPhone production line at a Foxconn plant in Zhengzhou, China, via MIC Gadget.


Apple's decision to launch a new iPhone just before the holiday buying season proved to be a successful strategy. The company sold a record 37 million iPhones during the December quarter, achieving 128 percent unit growth over the 2010 holidays.

The latest report contradicts one from last week in which a different Foxconn employee suggested Apple could launch its next-generation iPhone in June. That person claimed Foxconn's Taiyuan factory was gearing up for an iPhone launch much sooner than October by hiring 18,000 employees.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]
post #2 of 27
If true, the article should read "the former head of ..."
post #3 of 27
Until this afternoon when someone reports that the janitor says shipments are scheduled for late this June. This release date noise is getting tiring....
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #4 of 27
If an employee makes a wage that is below their expectation they will show no loyalty toward the Company. The mere fact that there are suicide nets on the employee dormitory should be an indication of Company morale. I can only imagine what they think when the upper management arrives at work in a Maybach or other exotic sports car. I'm sure that anyone can get company secrets for the price of a meal.
post #5 of 27
I think Apple should take the blame for this. These rumors wouldn't exist if they hadn't changed the release time on the iPhone 4s. I'm looking forward to the next phone, which I imagine will simply be called iPhone because my iPhone 4 is in need of an upgrade.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post

If an employee makes a wage that is below their expectation they will show no loyalty toward the Company. The mere fact that there are suicide nets on the employee dormitory should be an indication of Company morale. I can only imagine what they think when the upper management arrives at work in a Maybach or other exotic sports car. I'm sure that anyone can get company secrets for the price of a meal.

Seriously???? Don't you have a street somewhere that you need to occupy??

Thousands line up for jobs when there are openings, so the pay must be better than most in the area.. Suicide rates at these factories are less than just for the general population in China.. Seeing upper management drive up in a nice car should give them incentive to work hard, so they to can have a nice car some day.. You think so little of Chinese workers morals, that you claim they would sell secrets for a meal?? Some people are loyal to the companies they work for, and I don't think any of them are starving

Of course facts don't matter when you have an agenda....
Dr
Pepper
Crew
Reply
Dr
Pepper
Crew
Reply
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

If true, the article should read "the former head of ..."

Agree!!!
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGS View Post

Seriously???? Don't you have a street somewhere that you need to occupy??

Thousands line up for jobs when there are openings, so the pay must be better than most in the area.. Suicide rates at these factories are less than just for the general population in China.. Seeing upper management drive up in a nice car should give them incentive to work hard, so they to can have a nice car some day.. You think so little of Chinese workers morals, that you claim they would sell secrets for a meal?? Some people are loyal to the companies they work for, and I don't think any of them are starving

Of course facts don't matter when you have an agenda....

To be clear, you were caught in a trolling net.
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGS View Post

Seriously???? Don't you have a street somewhere that you need to occupy??

Thousands line up for jobs when there are openings, so the pay must be better than most in the area.. Suicide rates at these factories are less than just for the general population in China.. Seeing upper management drive up in a nice car should give them incentive to work hard, so they to can have a nice car some day.. You think so little of Chinese workers morals, that you claim they would sell secrets for a meal?? Some people are loyal to the companies they work for, and I don't think any of them are starving

Of course facts don't matter when you have an agenda....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're not smart enough to be so rude. So shut up
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post

If an employee makes a wage that is below their expectation they will show no loyalty toward the Company. The mere fact that there are suicide nets on the employee dormitory should be an indication of Company morale. I can only imagine what they think when the upper management arrives at work in a Maybach or other exotic sports car. I'm sure that anyone can get company secrets for the price of a meal.

This story is getting so old. If you are so adamant about changing the system, stop buying EVERYTHING you now buy.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're not smart enough to be so rude. So shut up

The irony was not lost on me.
post #12 of 27
9to5Mac has a related story, but obviously based off different sources with more rumors.
"Apple has internally seeded a prototype next-generation iPhone with the iPhone 4 design. The actual next-generation iPhone is specifically said to not include the iPhone 4/4S design, but Apple is testing these new devices in older casings to throw off leaks. The purpose of the prototype iPhone that we heard about is to test a variation of the “A5X” chip in an iPhone. The A5X processor in the new iPad was specifically built to drive the new Retina Display, so that chip wouldn’t make much sense in an iPhone.

Instead, the iPhone prototypes that we’re talking about have a variation of the A5X’s S5L8945X architecture. Like the A5X-powered iPad, these new iPhone prototypes are packing 1GB of RAM. This prototype is labeled N96 internally, but we’re not sure if this internal codename will carry over to the actual next-generation iPhone. Again, this iPhone that we are describing is an internal-only unit built for testing the performance of a new chip in an iPhone, not an actual phone that Apple will produce."

http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/09/faster...-in-the-works/
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #13 of 27
Well, at least the timeframe is believable. June, not so much.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

If true, the article should read "the former head of ..."

Actually probably not. There's no details about the phone and it is a logical assumption that Apple would release it in Oct since the last one was in Oct.

so no real info was being given out.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

I think Apple should take the blame for this. These rumors wouldn't exist if they hadn't changed the release time on the iPhone 4s. I'm looking forward to the next phone, which I imagine will simply be called iPhone because my iPhone 4 is in need of an upgrade.

Rumors about the iPhones have existed way before release dates were changed. Same with the iPad, every computer etc.

Because rumors about Apple and its stuff make money for sites so they will make up stuff if they have to just to draw hits in

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Rumors about the iPhones have existed way before release dates were changed. Same with the iPad, every computer etc.

Because rumors about Apple and its stuff make money for sites so they will make up stuff if they have to just to draw hits in

Wonder how menu of these rumors would be intended by Apple, does anybody really believe that they hurt Apple?
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmit View Post

This story is getting so old. If you are so adamant about changing the system, stop buying EVERYTHING you now buy.

That makes no sense at all. No even as hyperbole.
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post

Wonder how menu of these rumors would be intended by Apple, does anybody really believe that they hurt Apple?

Yes. There is clear evidence that sales of Apple products decline when there's a rumor of a newer version on its way.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Actually probably not. There's no details about the phone and it is a logical assumption that Apple would release it in Oct since the last one was in Oct.

so no real info was being given out.

Hence "if true" ...

And Apple does not tolerate any kind of leak, not even wetting of pants.
post #20 of 27
iPhone will not launch at the beginning of a quarter because it will stall sales for customers waiting for the next release. if anything, the announcement will be in the first week of the last month of a quarter to avoid what happened in October 2011. Just my outlook.
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

If true, the article should read "the former head of ..."

Considering the leak is from the head of human resources (ie: somebody with executive responsabilites) and taking into account that it isn't an "average" leak, but a leak to the press, if this was true and I was Apple, the article would read "Foxconn, the former..."
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

That makes no sense at all. No even as hyperbole.

If you think about it for a second it does. It's not just Foxconn and Apple... Nearly everything on the market has touched the hands of Chinese labor. No hyperbole in that.
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Considering the leak is from the head of human resources (ie: somebody with executive responsabilites) and taking into account that it isn't an "average" leak, but a leak to the press, if this was true and I was Apple, the article would read "Foxconn, the former..."

...unless Apple approved the rumor. They have the most controlled release of information that I've seen outside of politics. I don't think a whole lot gets "leaked" without Apple's OK or involvement.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #24 of 27
I said it before and I will say it now. Apple is replacing the old iPod announcements in the Fall for the iPhone announcements. It is so obvious now it isn't even funny.

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Reply

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Reply
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The head of human resources at one Foxconn factory claims that Apple has recently placed an order for its sixth-generation iPhone, and that the device is on schedule to launch in October of 2012.

The official from Foxconn's Taiyuan factory allegedly gave the info and date to South Korea's Maeil Business Newspaper. The original article was translated on Monday by Kotaku.

"We just got the order," the Foxconn human resources head reportedly told the newspaper. "[The release] will be around October."

The paper spoke with the head of human resources because Foxconn's Taiyuan factory has posted many hiring notices of late. The employee confirmed that the factory has been hiring a large number of employees lately as it gears up to assemble Apple's next iPhone.

Rumors have generally pointed toward a fall 2012 launch of the next iPhone, placing it one year after the debut of the iPhone 4S. Last year's iPhone 4S launch was unique because Apple, in years past, had launched new models in the months of June or July.

One report from February claimed that Apple plans to continue to release new iPhone models in the fall for the foreseeable future. Last year's iPhone launch essentially took the place of Apple's annual fall iPod event, but the iPod now represents a much smaller part of Apple's business, which led to it being pushed into the background in 2011.


Apple CEO Tim Cook touring an iPhone production line at a Foxconn plant in Zhengzhou, China, via MIC Gadget.


Apple's decision to launch a new iPhone just before the holiday buying season proved to be a successful strategy. The company sold a record 37 million iPhones during the December quarter, achieving 128 percent unit growth over the 2010 holidays.

The latest report contradicts one from last week in which a different Foxconn employee suggested Apple could launch its next-generation iPhone in June. That person claimed Foxconn's Taiyuan factory was gearing up for an iPhone launch much sooner than October by hiring 18,000 employees.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

One more position is opening up @ FOXCONN...
post #26 of 27

Some of you people are so stupid,

 

  • I've been there
  • The workers are happy and demanding
  • Small things are over blown, the worker are a bunch of 20 - 35 year olds there's always going to be  problems with young people looking for everything including love.
  • Apple will always come out with a new product every year!!
  • Foxconn's pay is one of the highest in the area's thier in!! people compete for a job there
  • Foxconn/Apple are in business to make MONEY not to create a new toys for you
  • Their only loyalty is to their share holders dumb bow
  • Chinese poeple would like an Iphone but they don't think it worth the money, they have and use everthing else
  • The biggest problem with Foxconn is the bathroom boy does it smell. LOL

 

 

AND if would like me to build you an Iphone in the USA at USA pay the Iphone will cost you about $1500 for each phone. Oh and it will not have a lot of the features yu want.

post #27 of 27
Sounds more accurate than the Sept 12 event rumor or Sept 21 Announcement Date, I expect the Launch date to be presented on Oct 5, and sold later 2 weeks after that date and Sept 21 for the event cards to be given out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Foxconn employee says Apple placing orders for next iPhone to debut in October
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Foxconn employee says Apple placing orders for next iPhone to debut in October