or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unpleasant Truths: Reagan was for the Buffet Rule

Unpleasant Truths: Reagan was for the Buffet Rule - Page 6  

post #201 of 226

BR is happy. Really. He's happy.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #202 of 226

Ah, I see that you are out of ideas.  That didn't take long.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #203 of 226

Petty insults? Really BR, that's beneath you.

(Actually, it seems to be your MO.)

post #204 of 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

14th Amendment to the US constitution trumps prop 8 (which should have had to have been passed by 2/3 but the fuckers cheated their way into somehow making it only require a majority vote).

It would if it was interpreted to mean there is a federal Constitutional right to gay marriage.  So far you seem to be the only one making that argument.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #205 of 226

It means there's a federal block on making groups of people second-class citizens.  You have no problem with that.  Immoral to the very core.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #206 of 226

In reality, the government's interference in marriage violated the 14th Amendment long before Prop 8 ever came about.

post #207 of 226

So let's make two wrongs and pile on Prop 8!  Also, I'd like some more detail as to how you construct that argument.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #208 of 226

I'd like you to answer MJ1970's question first.

post #209 of 226

I'm not going to get into a debate about the role of government with a head-in-the-sand anarchist.  Pragmatism.  That's why.  Your governmentless utopia doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  You think all taxes are theft, so government is funded how?  Useful things the government does...what, all through voluntary donations?  Are you kidding?  

So whatever.  Answer if you want.  Don't answer.  I don't give a cuntfuck.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #210 of 226

Quote:

I'm not going to get into a debate about the role of government with a head-in-the-sand anarchist.  Pragmatism.  That's why.  Your governmentless utopia doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  You think all taxes are theft, so government is funded how?  Useful things the government does...what, all through voluntary donations?  Are you kidding?  

So whatever.  Answer if you want.  Don't answer.  I don't give a cuntfuck.

I knew you wouldn't answer. I think I know why too. lol.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #211 of 226

Oh enlighten us dear anarcho-evolution-denying-jesus-kid.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #212 of 226

Really, though. BR is happy. Smiley faces all around. :) :) :)

post #213 of 226

Quote:

Oh enlighten us dear anarcho-evolution-denying-jesus-kid.

Nah. If you won't answer the simple question we'll let that stand on its own. People can draw their own conclusions.

post #214 of 226

Fine by me.  It's time we cut people who deny reality out of the debate.  When you are ready to sit at the grownups table and live in an evidence-based world, call me.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #215 of 226

Quote:

Fine by me.  It's time we cut people who deny reality out of the debate.  When you are ready to sit at the grownups table and live in an evidence-based world, call me.

And when you're willing to answer perfectly relevant and valid questions related to the discussion, then you can join the grownups table.

But you won't.

post #216 of 226

I hear someone at the kid's table saying Jesus road a dinosaur and then mentioning something about all government is bad.  Hey, keep it down over there.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #217 of 226

Quote:

I hear someone at the kid's table saying Jesus road a dinosaur and then mentioning something about all government is bad.  Hey, keep it down over there.

Ahhh.

Pay attention folks.

What you're witnessing here is that BR knows he's a hypocrite when it comes to leveling the charge of other people forcing their morality on everyone while wishing to the same with his own morality. Since he cannot defend this hypocrisy he's resorting to dismissiveness and ad hominems.

post #218 of 226

Yes, saying that the government should recognize any combination of any number of consenting adults is clearly enforcing my morality on others.  For cuntfuck's sake man, you have to bend yourself into an illogical pretzel to come out with that idea.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SUCK ANY DICKS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!

No one is forcing any lifestyle on you that you don't want.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #219 of 226

Quote:

Yes, saying that the government should recognize any combination of any number of consenting adults is clearly enforcing my morality on others.

No no. You're being dishonest. I suspect it is deliberate.

WHY do you think the government must recognize these combinations?

Quote:

For cuntfuck's sake man...

Folks, here's another sign that BR is sinking...his vulgarity increases.

post #220 of 226

Government exists.  We are not dismantling government overnight--nor should we.  Deal with that reality.  Currently people are being PERSECUTED and DISCRIMINATED AGAINST and MARGINALIZED.  You don't give two cuntfucks.  Until you get your whole way, you won't give an inch.  Hospital visitations.  Parental rights.  These are IMPORTANT THINGS for REAL PEOPLE that you clearly DON'T GIVE A CUNTFUCK ABOUT.  You are so focused on denying reality and destroying the government, you don't see all the lives that are ruined every day because entire segments of society are told they aren't full citizens.  It's disgusting.

Again, NOBODY IS TELLING YOU THAT YOU MUST SUCK ANY NUMBER OF DICKS.  Feel free to if you want to, but no one is forcing you to.  

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #221 of 226

Quote:

Government exists.  We are not dismantling government overnight--nor should we.  Deal with that reality.  Currently people are being PERSECUTED and DISCRIMINATED AGAINST and MARGINALIZED.  You don't give two cuntfucks.  Until you get your whole way, you won't give an inch.  Hospital visitations.  Parental rights.  These are IMPORTANT THINGS for REAL PEOPLE that you clearly DON'T GIVE A CUNTFUCK ABOUT.  You are so focused on denying reality and destroying the government, you don't see all the lives that are ruined every day because entire segments of society are told they aren't full citizens.  It's disgusting.

Again, NOBODY IS TELLING YOU THAT YOU MUST SUCK ANY NUMBER OF DICKS.  Feel free to if you want to, but no one is forcing you to.  

See folks. This is BR going into full meltdown rather than admit that his goal is to force his morality on everyone. Notice the increase in vulgarity. Now ALL CAPS because shouting is the next phase. Notice the continue evasiveness. Notice also the failure to answer a simple question.

post #222 of 226

Help help he's oppressing me by not preventing me from marrying whomever I want! 

HELP!  HELP!  I'M BEING OPPRESSED BY TOO MUCH FREEDOM!

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #223 of 226

Discrimination and persecution will always exist as long as imperfect humans exist. What you refuse to admit, BR, is that the government has so much power over our lives that individuals and groups of individuals can and are using it to institutionalize discrimination and persecution. Without the ability to use the violence of the State to enforce it as "law" discrimination would be limited to private, voluntary interaction.

While you and most everyone else is trying to put band-aids on the problem through ballot propositions and judicial rulings, the fact remains that if government did not have the power to dictate who can and cannot marry and grant special privileges/benefits to those who marry that the unmarried cannot have, this wouldn't be an issue.

post #224 of 226

And now the font gets bigger, but we're no closer to an answer.

This, folks, is full on leftist hypocrisy trying to hide behind a smokescreen of ranting.

post #225 of 226

Let me let you in on a little secret...government...is made of...PEOPLE.  Look, you have every right to do your best to convince enough people that government sucks and we should strip it away entirely.  But in the meantime...while your ideas are nowhere close to mainstream...how about we work together to fix some of the things we can--starting with some of these "band-aids" you so callously call them.  The parents who have lost custody of their adopted children because the state never recognized their marriages don't see these changes as "band-aids."  The people who could not be with their spouses in their last hours because they were barred visitation don't see these changes as "band-aids."  Nor should you.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #226 of 226

Way off topic, unnecessary profanities, etc. Locking.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unpleasant Truths: Reagan was for the Buffet Rule