or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds third OS X 10.7.4 beta to developers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple seeds third OS X 10.7.4 beta to developers

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Apple on Friday seeded the new OS X 10.7.4 build 11E46, asking developers to focus on the App Store, graphics, mail, QuickTime, screen sharing and Time Machine.

The third build has no known issues and Apple is asking devs to continue their focus on the same areas as the second beta, called 11E35. This release comes less than a month after the first beta was released on March 16.

From the release notes:
Quote:
OS X Lion 10.7.4 build 11E46 Seed Note

OS X Lion Update 10.7.4 is an update to OS X Lion 10.7.

Installation Instructions

The OS X Lion 10.7.4 Update (Combo) updates
- OS X Lion 10.7, 10.7.1 or 10.7.2, 10.7.3 GM or any other previous 10.7.4 seed builds.

The OS X Lion 10.7.4 Update (Delta) updates
- OS X Lion 10.7.3 GM or any other previous 10.7.4 seed builds.

Please be aware that you will not be able to revert back to your previous system after updating. Please install this update on a system you are prepared to erase if necessary.

Known Issues

- None

Focus Areas

- App Store
- Graphics
- Mail
- QuickTime
- Screen Sharing
-Time Machine




The new developer-only beta is available for download at the Mac Developer Center.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]
post #2 of 13
Any sign of AirPlay for OS X desktop yet?
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Any sign of AirPlay for OS X desktop yet?

I would expect that will be held off until at least ML.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #4 of 13
FIX SMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just flat out broken. I have a few Windows clients trying to connect to our Mac's. Wide open Guest still requires a user name and password for them. 10.6.x worked fine.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I would expect that will be held off until at least ML.

Of course, thanks. I read this as a ML beta release ... Amazing how the brain can add words when reading when it's what you want to read!
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #6 of 13
... and a dog could be heard barking in the distance...


... because nobody is running Lion - nobody.

Ipad and iOS devices are Apple's only saving grace.

There are ZERO industries or companies adopting Lion and Apple's 'cloud' ambitions.

If you doubt me... i'll call you full of shit unless you provide names and details about a company that you actually know that has adopted Lion. I have 86 clients and affiliates who work in the Apple environment and none of them have gambled on Lion.

Apple is what it is... a consumer market technology company.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

... and a dog could be heard barking in the distance...


... because nobody is running Lion - nobody.

Ipad and iOS devices are Apple's only saving grace.

There are ZERO industries or companies adopting Lion and Apple's 'cloud' ambitions.

If you doubt me... i'll call you full of shit unless you provide names and details about a company that you actually know that has adopted Lion. I have 86 clients and affiliates who work in the Apple environment and none of them have gambled on Lion.

Apple is what it is... a consumer market technology company.

Not too sure where it says that this is for industries or companies (Enterprise may be the word you are looking for). Apple doesn't seed betas to developers unless there are changes for enterprise?

I think you just happened to jump the gun a little here. Please wait for something more substantial to spew your bile.

Personally, I'd call you full of shit....
post #8 of 13
I hope to God they fix the d**n wi-fi dropping issue that started with 10.7.3. My 10.7.3 MBP keeps dropping wi-fi, and I had it for almost a year with zero wi-fi problems and then 10.7.3 came along and it's a royal pain in the tushie. I get around it by re-booting the router, which solves the problem. I think it's related to the DHCP lease.

This is the second real issue I've had with my MBPs; the other was caused by something changed in the network where I could no longer access shared files. Rebooting both macs solves that problem for a while.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

... because nobody is running Lion - nobody.

I run Lion on 3 Macs.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

... and a dog could be heard barking in the distance...


... because nobody is running Lion - nobody.

Ipad and iOS devices are Apple's only saving grace.

There are ZERO industries or companies adopting Lion and Apple's 'cloud' ambitions.

If you doubt me... i'll call you full of shit unless you provide names and details about a company that you actually know that has adopted Lion. I have 86 clients and affiliates who work in the Apple environment and none of them have gambled on Lion.

Apple is what it is... a consumer market technology company.

1) It was reported a month after Lion was launched that 17% of actively used Macs were running Lion.
2) All new Macs being sold since Lion's release come with Lion. While some of these could have SL installed from a disc to assume that every single Mac bought since the release of Lion is doing this is unbelievably unlikely that I'll need some proof before I believe.

That makes your comments about nobody running Lion axiomatically wrong on two levels.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post

I hope to God they fix the d**n wi-fi dropping issue that started with 10.7.3. My 10.7.3 MBP keeps dropping wi-fi, and I had it for almost a year with zero wi-fi problems and then 10.7.3 came along and it's a royal pain in the tushie. I get around it by re-booting the router, which solves the problem. I think it's related to the DHCP lease.

This is the second real issue I've had with my MBPs; the other was caused by something changed in the network where I could no longer access shared files. Rebooting both macs solves that problem for a while.

Ever since Apple added WiFi I've heard pretty much that exact comment with every point release. "I hope x.x.x fixes the WiFi issues introduced with x.x.x." I wonder how much of that is user-error (which including misunderstanding of how RF works) or if there are WiFi bugs that are keeping huge numbers of users with certain machines from connecting.
  • Have you tried altering your channels?
  • Have you used iStumbler to check which channels and frequencies are most used?
  • Have you tried to use a different spectrum to eliminate interference?
  • Have you tested this device on different WiFi networks to see if the problem is reproducible in every setting?
  • Have you tried to adjust the location of the WiFi access point in relation to your device(s)?
  • How you tried a different WiFi device? Have you tried adjusting the transmit power of your WiFI access point?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

  • Have you tried altering your channels?
  • Have you used iStumbler to check which channels and frequencies are most used?
  • Have you tried to use a different spectrum to eliminate interference?
  • Have you tried to adjust the location of the WiFi access point in relation to your device(s)?
  • How you tried a different WiFi device? Have you tried adjusting the transmit power of your WiFI access point?

If these are actually the problem, I'm curious why this would have started happening with the release version of Lion on all three of my machines when I have changed zero settings on my network.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If these are actually the problem, I'm curious why this would have started happening with the release version of Lion on all three of my machines when I have changed zero settings on my network.

From my experience in help desk and computer repair it's amazing what people associate with their issue simply because the issue started after a particular change. It's post hoc, ergo propter hoc.
Quote:
post hoc, ergo propter hoc after this
Therefore resulting from it: used to indicate that a causal relationship has erroneously been assumed from a merely sequential one.

From my experience as a network engineer WiFi problems are easily misdiagnosed by people, even those who are also network engineers due to the nature of wireless, in general, and number of devices that share the spectrum.

That is not to say that old-wiz's conclusion is in any incorrect, but based on his post I do need see any evidence that the proper steps were taken and it's not the most common reason I've encountered for WiFi related issues.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds third OS X 10.7.4 beta to developers