or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Power Adapter failure

Power Adapter failure

post #1 of 4
My Mac Book is 2 years old and the power adapter has always worked fine until today. It refuses to light up and charge my laptop at all. Nothing has happened to it, its always taken care of and put away when not in use. I looked at it carefully and attempted to blow away any dust particles, but still no power. Has anyone ever found a solution to this, or should I just spend the $80.00 and get a new one?
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaalaura View Post

My Mac Book is 2 years old and the power adapter has always worked fine until today. It refuses to light up and charge my laptop at all. Nothing has happened to it, its always taken care of and put away when not in use. I looked at it carefully and attempted to blow away any dust particles, but still no power. Has anyone ever found a solution to this, or should I just spend the $80.00 and get a new one?

Sounds like it's fried, but have you checked it with another Mac Book, or your Mac Book with another adapter, just to make sure that it's not the computer? If it has failed, I would take it to an Apple Store, have them check it out, and maybe they will just give you a new one.
post #3 of 4
Yep, checked it with my daughters Mac Book Pro and it wouldn't light up. So I guess it is fried, thought it would last longer than 2 years. Oh well, thanks so much for the help!
post #4 of 4
Sounds like its fried. If you have AppleCare on it you can get a free replacement.

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Power Adapter failure