or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Found Steve Jobs interviews show 'pivotal' growth during years away from Apple

Found Steve Jobs interviews show 'pivotal' growth during years away from Apple - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Actually, a much as I agree with your assessment, I am almost positive Jobs was not that thoughtful. He probably never sat down and gave it that much though, which was probably a good thing. I also believe he had no idea when he set out to do something what he wanted it to look like in the end. If he had his way he may not have ever shipped a product since he was always too focused on it could be better. There was one thing I learn working at apple right after he left was they work so hard to avoid the "Jobs" feature creep.

Over time he may be learned to control this or found people who control it for him like the audio tape reveal.

Oh absolutely agree. These are reflections on how Apple and Jobs does/did things. It certainly evolved over time. Apple started off as a reflection of a charismatic CEO. Upon his return it turned into a focused company that utilized the celebrity of Jobs to a greater extent. Jobs second act is a display of how to run a company based on lessons learned. The first act was about timing, balls and luck.
post #42 of 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

I'm keeping my NeXTSTEP 3 boxes forever. It's too bad Apple has been pragmatic about the OS X UI. It could use some freshening up but with user drag such as it is, it'll never happen.

I've played with GNUStep and I can't say I miss the 1990s look. Or the ancient CPUs.

In any case, I think of my Mac as the successor to NeXTSTEP is every practical way. It's alive and kicking :)

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Found Steve Jobs interviews show 'pivotal' growth during years away from Apple