or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Exodus Facebook directors?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Exodus Facebook directors?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

According to the Wall Street Journal, Facebook's Board of Directors was all but out of the picture when Mark Zuckerberg struck the $1 billion deal to purchase Instagram, the yet-profitless photo-sharing service. From the article: 'It was a remarkably speedy three-day path to a deal for Facebook—a young company taking pains to portray itself as blue-chip ahead of its initial public offering of stock in a few weeks that could value it at up to $100 billion. Companies generally prefer to bring in ranks of lawyers and bankers to scrutinize a deal before proceeding, a process that can eat up days or weeks. Zuckerberg ditched all that. By the time Facebook's board was brought in, the deal was all but done. The board, according to one person familiar with the matter, 'Was told, not consulted.'

Unless there was a 9 figure compensation I would be gone as a Facebook director after this insult.

post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

According to the Wall Street Journal, Facebook's Board of Directors was all but out of the picture when Mark Zuckerberg struck the $1 billion deal to purchase Instagram, the yet-profitless photo-sharing service. From the article: 'It was a remarkably speedy three-day path to a deal for Facebooka young company taking pains to portray itself as blue-chip ahead of its initial public offering of stock in a few weeks that could value it at up to $100 billion. Companies generally prefer to bring in ranks of lawyers and bankers to scrutinize a deal before proceeding, a process that can eat up days or weeks. Zuckerberg ditched all that. By the time Facebook's board was brought in, the deal was all but done. The board, according to one person familiar with the matter, 'Was told, not consulted.'

Unless there was a 9 figure compensation I would be gone as a Facebook director after this insult.

Maybe I am easily confused but you title mentions Google and the body of your post dicusses Facebook.
Was this just a typo or am I missing the point here?
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by festerfeet View Post


Maybe I am easily confused but you title mentions Google and the body of your post dicusses Facebook.
Was this just a typo or am I missing the point here?

 


You're absolutely right. Where I said Google in the title it should have been Facebook of course. My mistake.

 

Unfortunately I can't edit it now anymore. I just tried. Maybe that's because I posted it before the new layout.

post #4 of 5

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

Unfortunately I can't edit it now anymore. I just tried. Maybe that's because I posted it before the new layout.

 

I'm still able to change it. To what would you like it changed?

"Exodus Facebook Directors"? Perhaps "Exodus Facebook Executives" would be better.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

 

I'm still able to change it. To what would you like it changed?

"Exodus Facebook Directors"? Perhaps "Exodus Facebook Executives" would be better.

 


I would appreciate that.

Yes "Exodus Facebook Executives" would be better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Exodus Facebook directors?