or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Buy Buy Buy ?

Buy Buy Buy ?

post #1 of 3

Is it the right time to put all available assets into AAPL?

A huge buying opportunity?  Or the beginning of a new phase for the Cupertrino CA based company?

post #2 of 3

All available assets? Probably not. Especially if you're seeking short term gains. I'd be looking at it as a long term purchase, so if it touches $550 (actually $549) I've already put in a GTC limit buy. And if it goes to $540 or even $530, I won't lose sleep. Apple options tend to be quite pricey. But if it gets silly low (for no apparent reason other than program/technical trading), I probably will buy some calls, just as I did last year when it sold off.

Other than the possibility that the carriers might be thinking of a way to push back on the subsidy they pay for the iPhone, I really can't see as much fundamental risk as some people claim there is. Technical risk? Sure... on a stock that's had a parabolic rise recently. But I still think this sell-off is overdone. I have been wrong before. But this company has been delivering on earnings very well. And until that stops or slows down, it looks like a buy from here in the Peanut Gallery.

If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
post #3 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post

All available assets? Probably not. Especially if you're seeking short term gains. I'd be looking at it as a long term purchase, so if it touches $550 (actually $549) I've already put in a GTC limit buy. And if it goes to $540 or even $530, I won't lose sleep. Apple options tend to be quite pricey. But if it gets silly low (for no apparent reason other than program/technical trading), I probably will buy some calls, just as I did last year when it sold off.

Other than the possibility that the carriers might be thinking of a way to push back on the subsidy they pay for the iPhone, I really can't see as much fundamental risk as some people claim there is. Technical risk? Sure... on a stock that's had a parabolic rise recently. But I still think this sell-off is overdone. I have been wrong before. But this company has been delivering on earnings very well. And until that stops or slows down, it looks like a buy from here in the Peanut Gallery.

$555 intraday low, followed by a gap-up open. Hmm! Well, that's what people get for being greedy!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Buy Buy Buy ?