or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photo App Usage Anywhere?

Photo App Usage Anywhere?

post #1 of 8

So on the iPad in iOS 5, under Settings/General/Usage you can see the amount of data consumed by every content-storing app except Photos.  How can one tell how many GB its library has consumed?  

Hey, this Kool-Aid is delicious, what do you put in it?!
post #2 of 8

general settings, about button will tell you everything

post #3 of 8
About only gives you the number of photos stored, not the size of your data.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy009 View Post
general settings, about button will tell you everything

No. It won't.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #5 of 8

The summary page in iTunes (main page when you connect your iPhone/iPad) will tell you how much storage each category (Audio/Photos/Apps/etc) is using.

post #6 of 8

Thanks Venerable.  Is there also a way to determine Photos' usage just from the iPad itself, without connecting to iTunes?  Because my aging desktop Mac is headed for retirement, and I'm hoping to get along in the future with just the new iPad, if I can swing it.

post #7 of 8

You can see that when you sync with iTunes the amount of GB used by each type on the iPad.

post #8 of 8

I can see how much space photos are taking up by going to Settings > General > Usage > Photos & Camera. Is this what you're looking for?

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photo App Usage Anywhere?