or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Password Managers

Password Managers

post #1 of 8

Anybody know about a good password manager, I've been using Keepassx, I've been thinking of using 1Password, any suggestions?

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #2 of 8

I hope others jump in on this thread, but have you considered LastPass? www.LastPass.com - It's free to install on your browsers on your computer(s) (supported on all major browsers and platforms), with a Premium upgrade option to access to your data on our mobile apps for smartphones and tablets. We're well-regarded by security experts and tech enthusiasts. I work for LastPass but I saw your post and wanted to pass along the tip, hope you find a solution that meets your needs. 

Best, Amber

post #3 of 8

There's one built in to the OS.

post #4 of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlastpass View Post

I hope others jump in on this thread, but have you considered LastPass? www.LastPass.com - It's free to install on your browsers on your computer(s) (supported on all major browsers and platforms), with a Premium upgrade option to access to your data on our mobile apps for smartphones and tablets. We're well-regarded by security experts and tech enthusiasts. I work for LastPass but I saw your post and wanted to pass along the tip, hope you find a solution that meets your needs. 

Best, Amber

Thanks, I want to learn more about LastPass, I dont usually trust keeping my passwords to the cloud thats why i decided to stick with KeePassX, my password database is stored locally, unlike LastPass.. One thing I like with LastPass is being multiplatform, from Windows, Mac and Linux, all my passwords are securely accessible..

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #5 of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

There's one built in to the OS.

Yes , but I wont be able to access them in other OS like Windows and Linux. I use multiple systems so I prefer a multiplatform password manager, 1Password or LastPass is on the top of my lists...

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrar View Post
Yes , but I won't be able to access them in other OS like Windows…

Of course you can. iCloud.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #7 of 8
FWIW I'd recommend watching the podcast by Steve Gibson (of "Security Now") on our encryption technology works: http://blog.lastpass.com/2010/07/lastpass-gets-green-light-from-security.html. LastPass ensures that all user data is encrypted and decrypted locally, with a key that is never sent to LastPass.
post #8 of 8

Update:

LastPass with Yubikey rocks!! Now I really can trust my account passwords to the cloud!!!

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Password Managers