or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Password Managers

Password Managers

post #1 of 8

Anybody know about a good password manager, I've been using Keepassx, I've been thinking of using 1Password, any suggestions?

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #2 of 8

I hope others jump in on this thread, but have you considered LastPass? www.LastPass.com - It's free to install on your browsers on your computer(s) (supported on all major browsers and platforms), with a Premium upgrade option to access to your data on our mobile apps for smartphones and tablets. We're well-regarded by security experts and tech enthusiasts. I work for LastPass but I saw your post and wanted to pass along the tip, hope you find a solution that meets your needs. 

Best, Amber

post #3 of 8

There's one built in to the OS.

post #4 of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlastpass View Post

I hope others jump in on this thread, but have you considered LastPass? www.LastPass.com - It's free to install on your browsers on your computer(s) (supported on all major browsers and platforms), with a Premium upgrade option to access to your data on our mobile apps for smartphones and tablets. We're well-regarded by security experts and tech enthusiasts. I work for LastPass but I saw your post and wanted to pass along the tip, hope you find a solution that meets your needs. 

Best, Amber

Thanks, I want to learn more about LastPass, I dont usually trust keeping my passwords to the cloud thats why i decided to stick with KeePassX, my password database is stored locally, unlike LastPass.. One thing I like with LastPass is being multiplatform, from Windows, Mac and Linux, all my passwords are securely accessible..

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #5 of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

There's one built in to the OS.

Yes , but I wont be able to access them in other OS like Windows and Linux. I use multiple systems so I prefer a multiplatform password manager, 1Password or LastPass is on the top of my lists...

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrar View Post
Yes , but I won't be able to access them in other OS like Windows…

Of course you can. iCloud.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #7 of 8
FWIW I'd recommend watching the podcast by Steve Gibson (of "Security Now") on our encryption technology works: http://blog.lastpass.com/2010/07/lastpass-gets-green-light-from-security.html. LastPass ensures that all user data is encrypted and decrypted locally, with a key that is never sent to LastPass.
post #8 of 8

Update:

LastPass with Yubikey rocks!! Now I really can trust my account passwords to the cloud!!!

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Password Managers