or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC profits drop 70%, company cites Apple's iPhone 4S as biggest cause

HTC profits drop 70%, company cites Apple's iPhone 4S as biggest cause - Page 2

post #41 of 43

So HTC is doing quite nicely in East Asia because they do just that? Here they go as far has having HTC Stores, its own App Store and signed up with electronic chains, even do wholesales for any vendors and mobile phone stalls. Just bring cash and they sell your units. All Android vendors in East Asia and SEA do this and carrier sales here are an afterthought. The concept of buying your handset with your new number was dead until Apple tried to re-introduced the concept in 2010 when iPhone 3G arrived.

Could Apple really win with its own business model in the Wild West market of South East Asia where gray marketers, scalpers and cash-and-carry vendors rule the land and none of local carriers can compete? Half of iPhone units sold from Bangkok to Singapore are gray imported from Hong Kong...

post #42 of 43

Then why bother mentioned WinMo handset? It was an ancient history, buried six feet under. As far as today's readers concern, Windows Mobile never exists. What they say about those phones are irrelevant now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukevaxhacker View Post

You dolt! I'll make the point you missed in my post -> I only bought the HTC Tilt 2 (which I had to get from Business Services) to run the company app under Windows Mobile 6.x. I do everything else on my iPhone 3GS. For as little as I was using it, it still died. (My wife just kept it in her purse off for a week before it died.)

post #43 of 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukevaxhacker View Post

I defected from my refused to boot HTC Tilt 2 to an iPhone 3GS for my wife. I had the phone for only a year and a month. Probably another money center for mobile carriers - replacing phone which die within the two year contract period. Our iPhones haven't.

I only owned the HTC phone for an internal Windows Mobile 6.x application. When Windows Phone 7 came out, they wised up and migrated to web-based applications, plus iOS and Android apps.

Suggestion to Apple Business: Write many stories about our company. We probably have the largest installed base of a private server hosted app. The company actually suggests using a tablet, especially iPads, which the company gives out as performance achievement awards.

I ditched Apple iPhone 4 early this year for a Samsung Galaxy S2.  I really like 4.3" screen size, I don't think I could go back to Apple's iPhone again. I should have waited a bit and get a Note though.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC profits drop 70%, company cites Apple's iPhone 4S as biggest cause