Apple has promised that this year's WWDC will show developers "the future of iOS and OS X, allowing them to build incredible new apps." The five-day conference will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers.
"We have a great WWDC planned this year and can?t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers," said Philip Schiller, Apple?s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world."
The conference will also feature the Apple Design Awards, which showcases the most outstanding applications created for Apple's iOS and OS X platforms in the last year.
WWDC 2012 will allow developers to explore the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X Mountain Lion. Apple has promised that developers will learn how to "greatly enhance the functionality, performance, quality and design of their apps."
Developers can also bring their code to the labs for the conference to work directly with Apple engineers, who can apply their development techniques and best-practices to help enhance the software.
Activities at this year's show highlighted by Apple are:
- more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- 100 hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world?last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Tickets for this year's WWDC can be purchased from the official website, at developer.apple.com/wwdc. Updates and information will also be provided there.