or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung reportedly behind mock protest flashmob at Apple Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung reportedly behind mock protest flashmob at Apple Store - Page 3

post #81 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I love how some do the Fandroids are claiming this has nothing to do with Samsung. Yeah sure of course not. And the sheep in their teaser ads have nothing to do with iPhone users either. LOL

 

The sheep in the Galaxy 3 ads are Galaxy 2 owners about to be fleeced by an early upgrade.

 

That's the message I got.

 

Maybe Samsung's sheepish Galaxy customers should look to HTC.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #82 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

 

 

I see the time line getting longer.  So it will be either oct/nov this year and up to Feb 2013

 

but the 4s was a half upgrade so we may get something sooner

 

A half upgrade that left everyone else far in the dust.  On May 3rd do you know what the #1 selling phone in the world will be?  The iPhone 4s.

post #83 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstep View Post

Wake Up! Free espresso!

 

Oh, just another f*(&*(ing Android phone? Never mind.

 

They sold over 20 million of the Galaxy S2 so it's not just another Android phone. Personally I didn't like it but obviously many others did.

post #84 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

 

The sheep in the Galaxy 3 ads are Galaxy 2 owners about to be fleeced by an early upgrade.

 

That's the message I got.

 

Maybe Samsung's sheepish Galaxy customers should look to HTC.

 

That's because you are too blind from the Apple fairy dust to see anything else.

post #85 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

 

 


I would respectfully disagree..

All phones do suffer from some degree of attenuation. Whose is worse is another argument altogether. Your 'anecdotal evidence' is no more factual than mine(reception with my iPhone 4 was superb btw).

 

post #86 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

That's because you are too blind from the Apple fairy dust to see anything else.

 

Yes, we are blind and you are not. You win!

post #87 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

 

All phones do suffer from some degree of attenuation. Whose is worse is another argument altogether. Your 'anecdotal evidence' is no more factual than mine(reception with my iPhone 4 was superb).

 

 

My iPhone had ok reception as long as you used a case. Once the case was off and you are holding the phone, the fault was obvious.

 

Best reception phones I have had are older Nokia's and Blackberry's.

post #88 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

With fewer complaints than the previous model and fewer returns than the previous model, no. 

 

It doesn't logically follow that the antenna issue didn't exist, though. I'm not surprised that return figures were lower. The iPhone 4 was a landmark phone - overall, it was far and away superior to the competition at launch. It's perfectly possible that users recognised the antenna issue and were bothered by it, but didn't consider it serious enough to take the phone back and still thought that it was the best phone available.

 

The fact that there wasn't a commercial issue doesn't mean that there wasn't a technical issue.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

German, yes. But with the ferocity with which the "problem" was reported in English, they would have jumped on the idea of mentioning that "this is happening everywhere", listing countries with complaints. You know how the media works. I don't recall that, is all.

 

 

 

Oh, the English-speaking media definitely jumped on it. It wasn't just the media, though. It was reported in forums and comments sections and other venues for grassroots opinion. And any problem which existed in the UK and on AT&T must also have existed in Europe and most of the world, because they use the same GSM technology.

post #89 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

 

 

Yes, we are blind and you are not. You win!

 

I'm an Apple fan too but I can also see the value in something else not actually made by Apple. That's the difference....

post #90 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

I'm an Apple fan too but I can also see the value in something else not actually made by Apple. That's the difference....

 

Couldn't have put it better myself.

post #91 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

My iPhone had ok reception as long as you used a case. Once the case was off and you are holding the phone, the fault was obvious.

 

Best reception phones I have had are older Nokia's and Blackberry's.

My experience is opposite yours... I don't use cases because I hate the extra bulk. I'll probably drop my 4S now. lol

post #92 of 188

Oh, Scamsunx, it's you who need to wake up.

Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
post #93 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

I'm an Apple fan too but I can also see the value in something else not actually made by Apple. That's the difference....

 

And you're saying he can't? That's ridiculous.

post #94 of 188

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

 

It isn't crap. It's the truth...

 

...10.7 on an HTC phone...

 

...Saying that there was 'no issue' just makes you look like a fanboy, I'm afraid.

 

 

The basis of your point, is that other phones weren't affected, in your post you clearly cite an example of an affected phone, I believe the saying "hoisted by one's own petard" seems particularly apt in this instance.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #95 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

Your response doesn't surprise me at all and is typical of your Apple can do no wrong attitude.

 

Is that a wake up call?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #96 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

They sold over 20 million of the Galaxy S2 so it's not just another Android phone. Personally I didn't like it but obviously many others did.

 

That would be "the sheep" looking forward to "half an upgrade" because as was pointed out earlier, doubling the processor cores is only "half an upgrade".

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #97 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Wow. People still do flash mobs?

 

yes but this wasn't really a flash mob. 

 

A flash mob is supposed to be a group that shows up independently to an area, giving it the appearance of a spontaneous act. Not a group of folks that show up together on a bus. 

 

not to mention it was just lame looking. And it was really tacky to do it at an Apple store. Reeks of desperation to me (rather like insulting the users of the other company whilst trying to steal them away). Not to mention that those in the store have likely already bought into the whole Apple thing so what's the point. They should be looking for those that ain't come in yet. 

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #98 of 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

The basis of your point, is that other phones weren't affected, in your post you clearly cite an example of an affected phone, I believe the saying "hoisted by one's own petard" seems particularly apt in this instance.

 

 

You need to read my post again. You are reading into it something which isn't there. Nowhere in my post did I claim that other phones don't suffer signal loss when held in the hand. It would be foolish to claim that, because it's basic physics that an antenna receives a weaker signal when you surround it with something that's mostly made of water.

 

The 'point' of my post was that:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

This problem was considerably more serious on the iPhone 4 than on other phones. 

 

The signal degradation when held exists on all phones, but the iPhone 4's antenna design significantly exacerbates it. Hence the figures I posted. The figure for the 3GS demonstrates that it's possible to reduce the degradation to an insignificant level with good design.

 

post #99 of 188

Wait, other companies have to pay for publicity? How unauthentic can you be? Yet, Apple draws huge crowds to their stores everyday without all that hoopla...

post #100 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

 

All phones do suffer from some degree of attenuation. Whose is worse is another argument altogether. Your 'anecdotal evidence' is no more factual than mine(reception with my iPhone 4 was superb btw).

 

 

Mine goes up when I touch it.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #101 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

Classy like like drawing other mobile vendors into the iPhone 4's antenna issues...yeah, real classy.

 

They brought up a point of fact that was proven to be so several times. Even the whole I'm a PC was drawn off actual PC user complaints and never actually mentioned any particular hardware vendor.

 

Unlike Samsung who calls the Apple users they are trying to win over stupid, lame, sheep etc. 

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #102 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


The basis of your point, is that other phones weren't affected, in your post you clearly cite an example of an affected phone, I believe the saying "hoisted by one's own petard" seems particularly apt in this instance.

And he ignores all the facts about this fatally flawed design being the flagship phone longer than any other, outselling every other iPhone to this day, still using that fatally flawed external antenna in the 4S that some people were sure was going to result in a recall that will topple Apple, and that Anand clearly states the iPhone 4 antenna is much improved and surpasses the iPhone 3GS. But if he wants to pretend that megahertz is the sole metric for determining a CPU performance or that megapixels are the sole determiner in picture quality or that a lower decibel means that a phone is worse then let him wallow in the clichéd and outmoded talking points.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #103 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

 

but the 4s was a half upgrade 

 

Not to the folks with a 3gs. Apple doesn't design for those that will pay to upgrade every year. They design for those that upgrade every two. 

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #104 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

 

 

You need to read my post again. You are reading into it something which isn't there. Nowhere in my post did I claim that other phones don't suffer signal loss when held in the hand. It would be foolish to claim that, because it's basic physics that an antenna receives a weaker signal when you surround it with something that's mostly made of water.

 

The 'point' of my post was that:

 

 

 

The signal degradation when held exists on all phones, but the iPhone 4's antenna design significantly exacerbates it. Hence the figures I posted. The figure for the 3GS demonstrates that it's possible to reduce the degradation to an insignificant level with good design.

 

 

Perhaps you should follow your own advice, for in spite of your claims that people here said it doesn't happen at all, there is not one post that says that.

 

Having shifted the goalposts, you then proceed to create a specious argument, bringing in that the issue is based on a matter of degree, not the absolute that you started with.

 

Therefore you have hoisted yourself by your own petard, again!

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #105 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And he ignores all the facts about this fatally flawed design being the flagship phone longer than any other, outselling every other iPhone to this day

 

Another one who isn't reading my posts and isn't making logical arguments. In post #87 I expressly said that the iPhone 4 was a landmark phone and that it's unsurprising that it's hugely commercially successful.

 

Can't you see that it's illogical to claim that the antenna flaw doesn't exist because the phone is otherwise excellent and has been very successful? I've said more than once that the phone has plenty of advantages that outweigh the antenna issue. It makes no sense to claim that because the phone has lots of good points, its bad point doesn't exist.

 

The antenna issue would have been no more or no less real whether Apple had sold 5 iPhone 4s or 5 billion. Commercial success doesn't suddenly make it a different physical product.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


still using that fatally flawed external antenna in the 4S 

 

... apart from the 4S has a different antenna system to the GSM 4. The 4S has one cellular antenna at the top and another at the bottom; it switches between them depending upon which is receiving the better signal. It solves the antenna issue because it's practically impossible to cover up both antennas at the same time.

post #106 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post


Not to the folks with a 3gs. Apple doesn't design for those that will pay to upgrade every year. They design for those that upgrade every two. 

If you buy a new phone based on solely on the external appearance and not it's usability or user experience then I can see how someone as myopic as Just Me would say that but the 4S completely revamped the internals in ways that trounce any previous YoY upgrade in most regards.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #107 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post
Can't you see that it's illogical to claim that the antenna flaw doesn't exist 

 

Precisely, which is why no one has made that claim.

 

 

[QUOTE] It solves the antenna issue because it's practically impossible to cover up both antennas at the same time.[/QUOTE]
 
Apart from holding the phone in landscape mode and typing with ones thumbs.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #108 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Perhaps you should follow your own advice, for in spite of your claims that people here said it doesn't happen at all, there is not one post that says that.

 

Having shifted the goalposts, you then proceed to create a specious argument, bringing in that the issue is based on a matter of degree, not the absolute that you started with.

 

 

You also haven't read my posts properly.

 

At no point did I describe this as a matter of absolutes. In my first post #66, I stated that the problem exists on other phones but is worse in degree on the iPhone. That was the entire point of the figures I posted comparing other phones to the iPhone. 

 

At no point did I assert that other posters claimed there was no signal loss at all. My post #66 was in response to post #20 by Tallest Skil, where he said that the iPhone had no issue beyond that which all phones have. I responded to that by providing examples showing that the signal loss is more serious on the iPhone. I didn't present anybody as denying all signal loss.

 

... and what is 'specious' about the argument that the issue is a matter of degree? That is precisely what it is, as the decibel figures demonstrate.

 


Edited by Euphonious - 4/26/12 at 7:29pm
post #109 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

 

 

And you're saying he can't? That's ridiculous.

 

Yes I am and it's obvious he can't.

post #110 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

 

That would be "the sheep" looking forward to "half an upgrade" because as was pointed out earlier, doubling the processor cores is only "half an upgrade".

 

Just like the upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 4S then? Or are you talking about a phone that isn't even released yet?

post #111 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

 

 

iphone = june 2007

iphone 3g = july 2008

iphone 3gs = july 2009

Iphone 4 = june 2010

Iphone 4s = Oct 2011

 

Looks like apple is taking longer and longer to udpate the phone.

 

We may not see the next iphone until Feb 2013

 

Longer and longer? That implies a continuing trend. Instead, let's look at the time periods:

13 months

12 months

11 months

16 months

 

I'm not sure how you derive a 'longer and longer' trend from that. Looks like roughly a year with one exception. Since we don't know what the next time period will be, the only thing you can really say is that the average is about 13 months.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

 

Haven't you heard?   Samsung Electronic's profit is up 100%, while the entire organization's revenue is up 20% mostly due to its mobile division (hint: smartphone sales)..

 

Apple = next Nokia / RIM??   Remember it's Samsung who's taking over from behind..  Samsung mobile's last year sales was up 300%. 

 

ROTFLMAO. Did you sleep through this week's earnings reports? Apple is the next Nokia or RIM? What are you drinking?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

 

neither did Apple's 1984 Superbowl ad.   {describe the product}

 

Funny, it seems to me that "On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh" says something about what they're doing. 

"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #112 of 188

I try to wake up ever stinking day.  Because of my Military PTSD I have night mares.  I am highly medicated by the VA.  MAYBE I DONT WANT TO FRIGGEN WAKE UP.  MAYBE I LIKE MY IPHONE, IPAD, MB PRO, MACPRO AND IPOD!!!!!!!  GET THE F#$@ AWAY FROM ME YOU BLACK BUSS PROTESTING MUTHER F#@$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #113 of 188

 

 

According to Apple, only 0.55% of all iPhone 4 users have complained to the company about the antenna issue.  Apple also reported that the number of iPhone 4s returned was 1.7%, versus 6.0% for Apple iPhone 3GS model.  Despite the negative media attention regarding the antenna issues, 72% of iPhone 4 users say that they are "very satisfied" with their iPhone 4 according to an August 2010 survey by ChangeWave Research.

 

Meanwhile, a WDS study finds that Android-based devices have a higher than average propensity for hardware failure; 14% of technical support calls on Android relate to hardware, versus 11% for Windows Phone, 7% for iOS and 6% for BlackBerry OS.  In fact, there are anecdotal reports of a return rate as high as 40% for some Android-based smartphones; in contrast to the 2% return rate of Apple iPhone 4.  Of particular interest, ITG Investment Research reports a 16% return rate for Samsung Tab.

 

Notably, despite the many competitor contrived scandals; Antennagate, Batterygate, et al.  According to global marketing information services firm J.D Power and Associates smartphones from Apple Inc. have been consistently ranking highest in customer satisfaction.  Additionally, a UBS Investment Research survey found the Apple iPhone customer retention rates at 89% versus competing smartphone manufacturers of whom the highest rank, HTC, had a mere 39% retention rate.

 

I hope those complaining about Apple iPhone issues are complaining at least as fervently about issues with Android-based smartphones; battery life, GPS, heating and Wi-Fi signal which are issues for one model of Android-based smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S2.

 

 

The most remarkable lesson learned should be that Apple exceeds every standard to such an incredible level that a 0.55% customer reported issue rate and 2% return rate causes a worldwide scandal while the expectations of competitors' customers  is so low that 16% return rate barely causes a stir.


Edited by MacBook Pro - 4/26/12 at 8:48pm
post #114 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

Just like the upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 4S then? Or are you talking about a phone that isn't even released yet?

 

Do you think the S3 or S III will be half an upgrade?

 

Double the cores.

 

12 Megapixel camera (catch up to the N8 and Sony's new phone)

 

Improve the camera beyond the megapixels like the iPhone 4S and the HTC One X

 

Do something about the audio, like HTC with beats.

 

Screen from the Nexus, maybe not pentile this time.

 

Do you think they'll clone Siri, with a Korean accent?

 

I'm sure the Android fans will be creaming themselves over it's superiority as Samsung's overhyped marketing swings into action.

 

Thinking about this it seems the black and white is more a Blackberry thing as was pointed out earlier.

 

If it was Samsung they would go for blue and white, they would show their true colours, it's not like them to hide with too much obscurity.

 

 

 

 

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #115 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

 

Haven't you heard?   Samsung Electronic's profit is up 100%, while the entire organization's revenue is up 20% mostly due to its mobile division (hint: smartphone sales)..

 

Apple = next Nokia / RIM??   Remember it's Samsung who's taking over from behind..  Samsung mobile's last year sales was up 300%. 

 

Nokia kept growing for several years after the iPhone was released as well.  Didn't last.  They're in a race to the bottom with the prime mover in this marketplace.  Samsung also depends upon Google, which so far hasn't done anywhere near as good a job updating Android as Apple has done with iOS.  Cust sat figures don't lie.

 

Samsung will find it increasingly difficult to compete with Apple on price and on features over the next 2-3 years.  That'll force them to compete by reducing their margins.  Look to RIMM and Nokia to see how that story ends.

 

And of course, Googlerola is now a direct competitor.  What if Google decides to keep new versions of Android for itself, or if they switch their attentions to a Chrome-based Motorola smartphone that can run Android apps?  Either would be a disaster for Samsung (although it could finally give Apple a run for its money).

 

 

post #116 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

 

Do you think the S3 or S III will be half an upgrade?

 

Double the cores.

 

12 Megapixel camera (catch up to the N8 and Sony's new phone)

 

Improve the camera beyond the megapixels like the iPhone 4S and the HTC One X

 

Do something about the audio, like HTC with beats.

 

Screen from the Nexus, maybe not pentile this time.

 

Do you think they'll clone Siri, with a Korean accent?

 

I'm sure the Android fans will be creaming themselves over it's superiority as Samsung's overhyped marketing swings into action.

 

Thinking about this it seems the black and white is more a Blackberry thing as was pointed out earlier.

 

If it was Samsung they would go for blue and white, they would show their true colours, it's not like them to hide with too much obscurity.

 

 

 

 

 

No idea as it's not released....

post #117 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

 

Do you think they'll clone Siri, with a Korean accent?

 

 

 

 

According to Steve Wozniak Co-Founder of Apple, Android already has a superior voice recognition system LOLOLOLOL

post #118 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspot42 View Post



Nokia kept growing for several years after the iPhone was released as well.  Didn't last.  They're in a race to the bottom with the prime mover in this marketplace.  Samsung also depends upon Google, which so far hasn't done anywhere near as good a job updating Android as Apple has done with iOS.  Cust sat figures don't lie.

Samsung will find it increasingly difficult to compete with Apple on price and on features over the next 2-3 years.  That'll force them to compete by reducing their margins.  Look to RIMM and Nokia to see how that story ends.

And of course, Googlerola is now a direct competitor.  What if Google decides to keep new versions of Android for itself, or if they switch their attentions to a Chrome-based Motorola smartphone that can run Android apps?  Either would be a disaster for Samsung (although it could finally give Apple a run for its money).

Samsung is doing great as their quarterly results indicate but there is some illogical thought process (perhaps from being ignorant or perhaps done purposely) that makes those anti-Apple/ pro-Samsung posters think of only the flagship device out of dozens of models on the market and assume that the flagship device is the device that is selling so well.

Perhaps Samsung's flagship devices are outselling every other handset they make much like with the flagship iPhone but I've seen nary a person comment on Samsung's ARP per handset. Without knowing that these anti-Apple posters have absolutely no credibility in predicting the iPhone's demise.

So far we have exactly one other handset vendor that is doing well — which is great, I'd like to see more get a decent foothold — but Samsung doing well on stolen IP is no indication that Apple is faltering.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #119 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD View Post
Spoken like a true…

 

Stop.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #120 of 188

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Wow. People still do flash mobs?

 

It's adobe behind it still pushing flash for iOS. ;-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung reportedly behind mock protest flashmob at Apple Store