or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple TV 3rd generation

Apple TV 3rd generation

post #1 of 6

Why do Apple TV's lock up?

post #2 of 6
I have three (second generation) and have never had one lock up. They have been flawless performers with nary a problem.

I guess I wasn't even aware that they had a problem "locking up".
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 6

I had a second generation, and now a third generation, and they both locked up---maybe it's Comcast---I don't know, but the last one that locked was because of a software update

post #4 of 6

Does the actual device "lock up", i.e. needs a hard reboot by pulling the power cord, or does the video just freeze a lot?  If the latter, it's your crappy ISP.  And believe me, they're ALL crap.  

post #5 of 6

It completely locks up --requires me to connect to iTunes and restore using a micro USB cable---

post #6 of 6

if you have to keep restoring that way you should take it to genius bar

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple TV 3rd generation