or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Walmart's $74 iPhone 4S discount was a 'pricing error' [u]

Walmart's $74 iPhone 4S discount was a 'pricing error' [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

Apple will never release a product called 'iTV'. Maybe Apple HDTV, or the iPanel, but not iTV.

Sure they won't, mister "I live in the UK".

post #42 of 50

I'd like to hope that Apple's new retail Chief (John Browett, formerly of Dixons) isn't the one pushing for mini Apple stores in Walmart.  When you put lipstick on a pig, people are less inclined to buy the lipstick.

post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure they won't, mister "I live in the UK".

It's been discussed. iTV actually owns the trademark worldwide. That would potentially be a long legal battle.

post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

It's been discussed. iTV actually owns the trademark worldwide. That would potentially be a long legal battle.

Or Apple could just buy the name....
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Actually, I think you're on to somethings:
1) July-August new iPhone
2) September-October iTV
The iTV (Interactive TV) will be a powerful iOS STB that allows you to interact with a connected HDTV using companion iPads...
...Interactively pause, scrub, telestrate, annotate, magnify, zoom, adjust, composite, access metadata (compare prices, shop, buy, mark for later review, etc.) live, streamed or recorded TV (including pictures, slide shows, documents, books, reference/educational material, presentations, etc.).
Coming soon to your big box store of choice.
That's how Steve cracked it !

I heard that the Samsung version will also include a nine-foot stylus so you can adjust the channel and volume from your sofa. 

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

I'd like to hope that Apple's new retail Chief (John Browett, formerly of Dixons) isn't the one pushing for mini Apple stores in Walmart.  When you put lipstick on a pig, people are less inclined to buy the lipstick.

...and it annoys the pig. 

post #47 of 50

The Walton family has been a scourge on just and fair labor practice in America.  Five minutes with a search engine will teach you more about their corruption, greed, and selfishness than you ever wanted to know about anything or anyone.  Supporting them isn't an option for anyone but monsters, hypocrites, and fools.  

I like my toys as much as anyone, but if Walmart ever become the last source of oxygen in my area, I hope to have sufficient character to suffocate.  Shame on Apple for consorting with them.

post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Or Apple could just buy the name....

You really should read more. iTV has talked about it saying it's not for sale. It goes back decades, and they actually have the funds to fight Apple. I'm not sure how it's difficult to accept an established point. Anyway Apple could come up with a different name rather than one assigned by analysts for a predicted product line.

post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post
Anyway Apple could come up with a different name rather than one assigned by analysts for a predicted product line.

Or just not make a TV. 

post #50 of 50

While the Walmart prices might have been an error, apparently the iPhone 4 and 4S price cuts at Target are real. The 4 is selling at $49 and the 4S for $149, in-store only.

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Walmart's $74 iPhone 4S discount was a 'pricing error' [u]