or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › RIM's 'Wake Up' campaign expands, tells users to 'Be Bold'

RIM's 'Wake Up' campaign expands, tells users to 'Be Bold' - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Thorstein Heins should be personally overseeing these ads and determine how the market perceives RIM. If he isn't, RIM is lost. If he is, and this is the best they can come up with, it shows that he just doesn't get it and RIM is lost.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
post #42 of 45

After reading "Wake Up" and "Be Bold" I almost expected the third part of the slogan to be "Think Different"!

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

This RIM marketing campaign is beyond pathetic. First, insult your users/potential users, then tell them they can only achieve redemption by pledging themselves to a nonexistent product.
With this appalling demonstration of willful stupidity, just who do they think try are kidding?

Hit me the same way. It sounds they are slapping their potential customers, but in a back-handed way that they think will be less offensive. Like they are trying to say: "Wake up, you dummy. Be bold, not spineless." Who will give their money to someone who is abusive to them? Oh yeah, Windows lovers.

post #44 of 45

Ironically, RIM's ads should be "Think Different"... More specifically, "Think Insane".

post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlomedia View Post

After reading "Wake Up" and "Be Bold" I almost expected the third part of the slogan to be "Think Different"!

Ah, pipped me to it. "Think Insane" should be their new slogan. In any case, textbook case of spending money on marketing something you didn't properly spend money on.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › RIM's 'Wake Up' campaign expands, tells users to 'Be Bold'