or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's reputation intact after negative tax avoidance press
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's reputation intact after negative tax avoidance press - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCragg View Post

The reason why they did it is simple.  The NYT is a bunch of liberals and Apple is a successful corporation and liberals hate corporations.
But they don't normally hate liberal corporations. Which is what Apple is.

 

 

What is a "liberal corporation"?  Is Exxon a liberal corporation?  Monsanto?

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post

... The fact is, corporate taxes are double or triple taxation on the same income. The corporation pays taxes. Then the shareholders have to pay taxes on any money they take out of the corporation. They also pay taxes when they sell the shares at a profit. ...

 

This argument is also nonsensical. Legally, the corporation is the same as an individual. So, when the individual has income, the individual pays taxes on it. It's very simple. If that individual pays money out to other individuals, they have income with taxes due. If individuals have income from selling assets, there are taxes due.

 

Your argument that there should not be taxes due is like arguing that your employer paid taxes on the company profits, therefore, the taxes on your wages are already paid. You could extend it even further and say that the company profits came from people spending income on which they paid taxes, so the profits have already been taxed. It's ridiculously absurd. It's also completely wrong.

 

Income isn't a tangible thing with it's own existence, although your argument hinges on pretending it is. It's a result of transactions in the economy, each transaction resulting in a profit or loss, the net of which, for each individual (the corporation being legally one of those individuals), is that individual's income, subject to taxation. There is no such thing as "the same income" from different transactions.

post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfetof View Post

Apple doesn't avoid tax.  It merely chooses in which jurisdicition to place its taxable activities.  Why should the US want all of the tax to the exclusion of the rest of the workd?  Pure greed, that's why.

 

Most people don't realize that government can be incredibly greedy. When you hear some people talk, you start thinking "they think everything I own belongs to the government and the government graciously allows me to keep some of it."

 

No thanks.

post #44 of 46

There's nothing like a discussion of taxes to bring out all the kooks and a display of all the worst of human nature, along with supporting rationalizations.
 

post #45 of 46

Of course it's intact. Consumers are interested in Apple gear (that is, what counts: PRODUCT), rather than tax-talk. 

 

Next!

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

Wow, so you attack the messenger who discovered information that exposes the scam, and all you do is attack.  I can tell you are a true intellectual.  

Wow. You think I in any way attacked you or Schiff?

You (and Schiff) must have lots of stock in Alcoa...

I can tell you are a true... ?

 

 

Quote:
Schiff, is not a political prisoner 

So his numerous convictions have nothing to do with not following the law?

 

Again, Alcoa stock.

 

"Lighten up Francis"

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's reputation intact after negative tax avoidance press