or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic.

The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic. - Page 5

post #161 of 207

Oh delightful. Now we have leftists saying (and approving the saying of) things like they're glad there was a major natural disaster so their guy could get elected.

Color me surprised.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #162 of 207

You mean his comment didn't give you a thrill up your leg, MJ? I think that means you're a racist or something.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #163 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Oh delightful. Now we have leftists saying (and approving the saying of) things like they're glad there was a major natural disaster so their guy could get elected.

Color me surprised.

Only an angry rightwinger the morning after would say something like that.1wink.gif

But as I've said the right is only digging their own grave by not seeing the rest of the country and what they want ( please don't waste my time by asking me to explain you already know this ). They do this at their peril ( as in less support everytime from now on ). They'll either get it or they won't............

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #164 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Only an angry rightwinger the morning after would say something like that.1wink.gif

You're glad a natural disaster happened, jimmac? 1wink.gif

post #165 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:

You're glad a natural disaster happened, jimmac? 1wink.gif

Don't be stupid. Please show me the quote where I said this ( exactly not your dumb partisan interpretation ).1wink.gif

post #166 of 207
Quote:

Only an angry rightwinger the morning after would say something like that.

I said it and I'm not angry or a right-winger. So there goes your theory.

post #167 of 207
Quote:

Don't be stupid. Please show me the quote where I said this ( exactly not your dumb partisan interpretation ).1wink.gif

You didn't appear have any problem with Chris Matthews' comment, so I was just asking for clarification of your own position. You don't need to be rude and resort to name-calling. 1wink.gif

post #168 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

Only an angry right winger the morning after would say something like that.

I said it and I'm not angry or a right-winger. So there goes your theory.

Quote:
Or someone who read the story and the comments.

....took it it in a clearly partisan way and tried to reinterpret it for us.lol.gif

How Republican of you guys.1wink.gif

post #169 of 207
Quote:

....took it it in a clearly partisan way and tried to reinterpret it for us.

I see. Why don't you give us your interpretation. Then we can see what a non-partisan interpretation looks like.

Quote:

How Republican of you.

I'm not a Republican.

post #170 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

....took it it in a clearly partisan way and tried to reinterpret it for us.

I see. Why don't you give us your interpretation. Then we can see what a non-partisan interpretation looks like.

Quote:

How Republican of you.

I'm not a Republican.

MJ I don't have to explain anything for you from now on. You're a bright guy. Figure it out.

post #171 of 207
Quote:

MJ I don't have to explain anything for you from now on. You're a bright guy. Figure it out.

Oh dear. Except maybe this post. 1confused.gif

post #172 of 207
Quote:

Can't you see he's here to gloat, MJ? Don't ask him to clarify his statements at a time like this (not that he ever has). 1wink.gif

post #173 of 207

Quote:

Quote:

Can't you see he's here to gloat, MJ? Don't ask him to clarify his statements at a time like this (not that he ever has). 1wink.gif

I just don't feel I need to waste my time anymore explaing the obvious. So please......1rolleyes.gif

It's one of the reasons I don't come to the sand box as much anymore. So childish.

post #174 of 207
Quote:

I just don't feel I need to waste my time anymore explaing the obvious.

No. We get it. lol.gif

Quote:

It's one of the reasons I don't come to the sand box as much anymore. So childish.

The irony meter just broke.

post #175 of 207
Quote:

I just don't feel I need to waste my time anymore explaing the obvious. So please......1rolleyes.gif

You're here to gloat, not have a conversation. Got it. 1wink.gif

post #176 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

You're here to gloat, not have a conversation. Got it. 1wink.gif

When you want to have a reasonable conversation let me know.1wink.gif

post #177 of 207
Quote:

You'll let us know when you are won't you?

post #178 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

You'll let us know when you are won't you?

Would you recognise it if I did?1wink.gif

I'm thinking you're so into your point of view probably not.

post #179 of 207
Quote:

Yes.

post #180 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

It's like talking to a fish about water. " Where. What water? "

post #181 of 207
Quote:

What the **** are you talking about. When you want to engage in real discussion, let us all know.

post #182 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

What the **** are you talking about. When you want to engage in real discussion, let us all know.

Sorry you're getting testy. Rough day?1wink.gif

post #183 of 207
Quote:

I wouldn't want to trifle you with reasonable conversation. It obviously puts a tremendous strain on you. Carry on with your important gloating. 1wink.gif

post #184 of 207
Quote:

Sorry you're getting testy.

Nope.

Quote:

Rough day?

Nope.

post #185 of 207

lol.gif He, he!1wink.gif

post #186 of 207

CNN "Journalist" writes daily to Obama for four years. Saying CNN personalities are 'unbalanced' now has new meaning.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #187 of 207

Media ignores abortionist murder trial

Quote:
The trial details are nothing short of sensational: A doctor accused of killing seven newborns and a young woman at a filthy Philadelphia clinic strewn with body parts and described as a “slaughterhouse.”

It’s big news in Philadelphia, but nationally, not so much. The lack of coverage is a problem for a growing chorus of conservative and media critics, who allege that the scant national media attention can be attributed not to the courtroom drama but the politics of abortion.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell was an abortionist, meaning that any coverage of the trial risks painting the pro-choice movement in an unflattering light. In a statement issued last week, 20 conservative leaders called for an end to what they described as a “media blackout” and “censoring” of the trial for political reasons.

“The horrific excesses of the abortion industry exemplified by Gosnell and Planned Parenthood are major, national news stories any way you look at them. But the pro-abortion liberal media are determined to hide them from the public,” said the April 4 statement led by the conservative Media Research Center and signed by former Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer, columnist Kellyanne Conway and Family Research Council President Tony Perkins.

“The media have a solemn duty to the American people to report the news, not just news that helps the positions they support. It’s unprofessional, it’s disgusting, and it’s inhuman,” the statement said.

MRC also reports that there has been no network coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR or PBS, and just one brief mention on CNN.

“It’s unbelievable that Dr. Gosnell’s trial for his actions inside his ‘house of horrors’ haven’t drawn one network story,” said Media Research Center President Brent Bozell in a March 26 column decrying the lack of coverage.

Forbes columnist Mike Ozanian said that the controversy surrounding Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, who was shown on video abusing players and using vulgar language during practice, had received far more national attention than the Gosnell trial.

“What troubles me is why Rice and Rutgers deserve more attention from the media than the trial of doctor Kermit Gosnell,” he said. “How much of this story have you seen on the evening news? I bet not nearly as much as you have seen about Rice.”

Not every murder trial receives prominent national coverage, but the Gosnell case would seem to contain all the ingredients of must-see television: a formerly respected community leader accused of unspeakable acts; the death of a young immigrant woman; a parade of former employees offering graphic testimony on the gruesome deaths of more than 100 just-born infants; and even the implication by the doctor’s lawyers that the charges have been motivated by racism. Dr. Gosnell is black and his clinic was in a mostly minority neighborhood.

Assistants said the babies were effectively decapitated after the doctor snipped their spines with scissors. One assistant said a newly delivered baby was “big enough to walk around with me or walk around to the bus stop.” Another employee said she heard a baby “screaming” after it was born alive after a botched abortion attempt.

“The mainstream media has been studiously avoiding the trial of abortion butcher Kermit Gosnell, despite the kind of stomach-churning testimony that would normally attract headline coverage,” John Hayward said in a column Monday in Human Events.

Critics also say there is a glaring double standard involved in the treatment of the Gosnell trial. Stories that place the pro-life movement in a negative light are much more likely to receive coverage, such as an NBC News report in November about a woman who died in Ireland after being refused an abortion in a Catholic hospital, said Mr. Bozell. Pro-lifers also note full coverage on the several occasions when abortionists have been killed.

The trial is being covered by The Associated Press, and AP wire stories have appeared on network websites. The proceedings also are receiving heavy coverage on pro-life and religious websites such as LifeNews, as well as newspapers and television in the Philadelphia and Delaware markets.

The Media Reseach Center has received no reaction from the networks about the statement, said Dan Gainor, vice-president for business and culture.

post #188 of 207

What the doctor did was not abortion--it was murder. See, the difference is the babies were...wait for it...BORN. Infanticide != Abortion.

(assuming that the assertions made in the article are true--don't have the time or desire to research that right now)

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #189 of 207

So wonderful when we can use semantics to justify killing a human being.

post #190 of 207

Semantics?  Justifying?  Hardly.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #191 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

(...-don't have the time or desire to research that right now)

How terribly surprising.

post #192 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

How terribly surprising.

How terribly surprising you ignored the distinction between infanticide of a viable baby and abortion of a nonviable fetus.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #193 of 207

Screw Romney!

post #194 of 207

post #195 of 207

post #196 of 207

Meanwhile, regular Fox News talking head Erik Rush spouts the old Bush Administration style neoconazi psychopathic drivel http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslims-are-evil-lets-kill-them-all-fox-news-guest-erik-rush-provokes-furious-reaction-with-boston-bombing-twitter-rants-8575176.html  and this is when the public ( I stress) has no idea who perpetrated the bombings.

"Muslims are Evil. Lets Kill' em All".

This is in response to the rumor that an injured Saudi national had been interrogated in hospital. If you were a Muslim, and happened to be in the vicinity of a terrorist's bomb, then the natural reaction would be to run like hell, not just to get away from the area in case of a second device, but also to avoid getting lynched.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #197 of 207

And your thoughts on this are?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #198 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Meanwhile, regular Fox News talking head Erik Rush spouts the old Bush Administration style neoconazi psychopathic drivel http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslims-are-evil-lets-kill-them-all-fox-news-guest-erik-rush-provokes-furious-reaction-with-boston-bombing-twitter-rants-8575176.html  and this is when the public ( I stress) has no idea who perpetrated the bombings.

"Muslims are Evil. Lets Kill' em All".

This is in response to the rumor that an injured Saudi national had been interrogated in hospital. If you were a Muslim, and happened to be in the vicinity of a terrorist's bomb, then the natural reaction would be to run like hell, not just to get away from the area in case of a second device, but also to avoid getting lynched.

The bombing is being exploited by just about everyone for different reasons. It's sickening, really. The thing is, whether it's being exploited by the right or the left, they are both exploiting it with the same end in mind: more government. False flag or not, that will be the result.

post #199 of 207
Quote:

The bombing is being exploited by just about everyone for different reasons. It's sickening, really. The thing is, whether it's being exploited by the right or the left, they are both exploiting it with the same end in mind: more government. False flag or not, that will be the result.

Really.  So the "liberal media" has been running front page pictures with white, southern looking guys circled in red claiming that they're suspects?  Lot of liberal media random chatter about how this was probably domestic, right wing terrorism?  Guess I missed it.

post #200 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal1 View Post

Really.  So the "liberal media" has been running front page pictures with white, southern looking guys circled in red claiming that they're suspects?  Lot of liberal media random chatter about how this was probably domestic, right wing terrorism?  Guess I missed it.

Apparently so.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic.