or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic. - Page 2

post #41 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

As for whether he can "handle" Maddow or not, what is the point of going on a show where the person interviewing has no interest in a story, in discussion or dialog and only desires to make you look bad or provoke a "gotcha" moment? 

 

Wow.  That's rich!

 



Now if I wanted to truly be ironic as you are claiming, I'd call the networks that get miniscule ratings, literally half of FNC when MSNBC and CNN are COMBINED the "mainstream" choices and I'd label the number one news network as "extremist".

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #42 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The polling I've seen shows that your statement is technically accurate (depending on who is surveyed).  However, it doesn't tell the whole story.  Yes, 60 percent of the 1,000 Republicans surveyed say they do not believe in evolution.  However, 36 percent say that evolution occurred with God guiding it or on its own.  

 

Now he's the real kicker:  40 percent of Independents also "deny evolution," as do 38 percent of Democrats.   Of course, Gallup also breaks down these numbers by the frequency of attending religious services.  As Republicans tend to attend services more frequently than Democrats (I don't have a link...but I'm assuming you'll concede), it's not surprising that they end up with the views they do.  And as for those views, you don't somehow own the right answer here, BR.  Once again we see that only the conclusion you draw could possibly be correct.  However, you yourself are ignoring the important fact that there are problems with the Theory of Evolution...ones that cannot be explained.  People will reach their own conclusions on what that means, but that doesn't necessarily make them predisposed to ignore facts.  To be clear, I do subscribe to the Theory of Evolution as I believe there is enough scientific evidence to do so.  I do, however, believe the process was guided by a higher power.   

That means 40 percent or Independents and 38 percent of Democrats are ignorant, willfully or otherwise.  It's pretty pathetic that so many exist in both categories.  It's even more pathetic that A MAJORITY of Republicans fall into the denier category.  

 

What are the problems that cannot be explained?  Are you invoking the God of the Gaps here?  Great, please keep doing that.  

 

hY5Fy.jpg

 

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #43 of 207
Thread Starter 

Hey, amidst the giant videos and photos, did you catch the reason?!? The media apparently aren't biased because different percentages of people in various political parties or independents don't believe in evolution.

 

I love this line of reasoning for the election.

 

There are no jobs. Obama is spending a trillion extra a year. His initiatives are profoundly expensive, do not yield the claimed results and we should toss him out per his own criteria.

 

OH BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER OR COUNT BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION.

 

Tell all the people with no jobs that it doesn't matter that the people who believe in evolution were completely wrong about the stimulus and the economy. I'm sure it will win their votes.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #44 of 207

Oh, look...the media isn't covering their own non-investigation of Obama in 2008.  Shocker.  Amid the revelations that Obama was parading around as Kenyan-born as late as 2003 (possibly even 2007), outlets such as Fox, Breitbart and WND have been covering story.  But the mainstream media?  Not so much.  Take a look at their home home pages. 

 

MSNBC has two Obama references on its home page.  It's about Romney catching up to Obama fundraising-wise.  

 

CNN has one..an opinion piece.  It also has one on "Kenya"---about replacing porta-potties.  

 

The Washington Post has several Obama references.  The top line is about him meeting Francois Hollande at the White House.   Then, we have headlines like these: 

 

Mitt Romney distances himself from racially fueled proposal to attack Obama

A Wealthy New Donor in the Presidential Race (the Joe Ricketts story).  

 

Now, a few others: 

 

CBS:  One Obama reference (meeting Hollande)    (no reference to "Kenya") 

 

ABC:  Hate Groups Grow "in Response" to Minority Boom

 

Reuters:  Hollande, anti-war protesters.  3 mentions of Obama, two stories.  Nothing on Kenya.  

 

The New York Times:  Ricketts article, GOP SuperPac weights hard line attack.  Nothing on Kenya, Obama, etc.  

 

 

 

And for all those who wish to indict Fox News, they make no mention of the story, either.  They do, however, have 10 mentions of Obama on their home page.  

 

 

 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #45 of 207

1000

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #46 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

1000

 

Saw both.  The Wimp factor story is even worse, because it was done before with Bush 41.  Can't say I'm surprised.  The media is more in the tank for Obama than for any Democrat in recent memory.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #47 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

As for whether he can "handle" Maddow or not, what is the point of going on a show where the person interviewing has no interest in a story, in discussion or dialog and only desires to make you look bad or provoke a "gotcha" moment? 

 

Wow.  That's rich!

 



Now if I wanted to truly be ironic as you are claiming, I'd call the networks that get miniscule ratings, literally half of FNC when MSNBC and CNN are COMBINED the "mainstream" choices and I'd label the number one news network as "extremist".

You don't suppose they cater to the larger demographic that think the way you do? So this is their place to go. Hence a large block that watches FOX. Everybody else watches the others. Actually in most polls the way people think is mostly half and half. Slightly larger for the mainstream moderate leftwing and extremists on either side are smaller groups. I'm sure programers take this into account. About what you'd expect.  


Edited by jimmac - 8/1/12 at 7:36am
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #48 of 207
Thread Starter 

So Romney is a power mad, war-mongering right wing extremist who will harm us all with his wimp factor except for in health care where is plan is the pre-cursor to the Obama plan due to his moderate and non-conservative nature.

 

I'm certain there are a few more contradictions to fit in there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #49 of 207

Circling the drain, the famously liberal Newsweek throws Obama under the bus.

 

This is the same magazine that had covers denigrating Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann and regularly bashes Romney and the GOP.

 

It's probably sunk in that there is no bailout coming for printed magazines.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #50 of 207

Liberal media my ass.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #51 of 207

I would wager a bet that the thread starter has never even read the "liberal media". He wouldn't know what it was, or where to find it. The average corporate media outlet (CNN etc) provides "center-right" material in the US perspective, and "somewhat further to the right" from a the rest-of-the-world standpoint. Ultra hardcore/extremist conservatives, such as our own Trumptman and SDW2000 regard the US media as "liberal" because as far their own thinking goes, it is - relatively speaking.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #52 of 207

Uh oh, there's that relativity again that they can't seem to grasp.  You're really asking for it from them, Sammi.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #53 of 207

Sammi..

 

Quote:
.Ultra hardcore/extremist conservatives, such as our own Trumptman and SDW2000

 

Yeah...ultra ultra conservative extremists.  LOL.  lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Uh oh, there's that relativity again that they can't seem to grasp.  You're really asking for it from them, Sammi.  

 

Guess what you're asking for?  

 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #54 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Sammi..

 

 

Yeah...ultra ultra conservative extremists.  LOL.  lol.gif

 

Guess what you're asking for?  

 

 Tis true, from the evidence of your posts.... I jest not. I thought you would have been proud of such a qualification...or would you prefer to have had a token nod towards liberalism included?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #55 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I would wager a bet that the thread starter has never even read the "liberal media". He wouldn't know what it was, or where to find it. The average corporate media outlet (CNN etc) provides "center-right" material in the US perspective, and "somewhat further to the right" from a the rest-of-the-world standpoint. Ultra hardcore/extremist conservatives, such as our own Trumptman and SDW2000 regard the US media as "liberal" because as far their own thinking goes, it is - relatively speaking.

 

You'd lose your bet and badly. I've tried to point to the paradox within your own worldview. The inability to resolve it causes the bitterness and caustic attitude you, BR and so many others display. I just smile with a hint of sadness at you guys. It was hinted at a bit recently when posting about the SPLC and their craziness. They have the same bit of reasoning ol' Sego used to toss around here. When a left wing organization commits a sin, it is instantly a right wing sin within the left wing framework.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #56 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

 Tis true, from the evidence of your posts.... I jest not. I thought you would have been proud of such a qualification...or would you prefer to have had a token nod towards liberalism included?

 

If you think I'm a right wing extremist, you simply don't understand my positions very well.  While I am fiscally conservative and tend to be more hawkish on defense issues, I also:   

 

  • Think drug use for adults should be legal
  • Think abortion should be legal during the first trimester and in certain other cases.  It should also have nothing to do with the federal government.  
  • Support Social Security and Medicare (though I do think they need to be reformed, means-tested, etc.)
  • Support Unemployment insurance, at least to a degree.  
  • Support various social welfare program/the social safety net (though here again I think we need serious reform, particularly in the area of cash assistance and why we provide it).  
  • Support at least some regulation of firearms, such as background checks, etc.  
  • Support some form of a progressive tax code (once again, major reform needed).  

 

 

Now, those aren't the most liberal positions, but they are hardly "extreme right wing" positions.  In general, I simply think the government (particularly the federal government) is FAR too powerful, spends FAR too much on wasteful, unnecessary and unconstitutional programs, and regulates our lives in too many ways. I want the government to spend less, tax less, and tell us what to do less.  I want freedom of speech, religion and the press and believe in Constitutional government.  Can you explain how those beliefs are "extreme right wing?"

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #57 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

 Tis true, from the evidence of your posts.... I jest not. I thought you would have been proud of such a qualification...or would you prefer to have had a token nod towards liberalism included?

 

If you think I'm a right wing extremist, you simply don't understand my positions very well.  While I am fiscally conservative and tend to be more hawkish on defense issues, I also:   

 

  • Think drug use for adults should be legal
  • Think abortion should be legal during the first trimester and in certain other cases.  It should also have nothing to do with the federal government.  
  • Support Social Security and Medicare (though I do think they need to be reformed, means-tested, etc.)
  • Support Unemployment insurance, at least to a degree.  
  • Support various social welfare program/the social safety net (though here again I think we need serious reform, particularly in the area of cash assistance and why we provide it).  
  • Support at least some regulation of firearms, such as background checks, etc.  
  • Support some form of a progressive tax code (once again, major reform needed).  

 

 

Now, those aren't the most liberal positions, but they are hardly "extreme right wing" positions.  In general, I simply think the government (particularly the federal government) is FAR too powerful, spends FAR too much on wasteful, unnecessary and unconstitutional programs, and regulates our lives in too many ways. I want the government to spend less, tax less, and tell us what to do less.  I want freedom of speech, religion and the press and believe in Constitutional government.  Can you explain how those beliefs are "extreme right wing?"

I'd call anyone who insisted there were WMD in Iraq after it was abundantly clear there were not " Extreme ".However I am impressed with your list of positions. I'll give you that.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #58 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Liberal media my ass.

Mine also!lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #59 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

If you think I'm a right wing extremist, you simply don't understand my positions very well.  While I am fiscally conservative and tend to be more hawkish on defense issues, I also:   

 

  • Think drug use for adults should be legal
  • Think abortion should be legal during the first trimester and in certain other cases.  It should also have nothing to do with the federal government.  
  • Support Social Security and Medicare (though I do think they need to be reformed, means-tested, etc.)
  • Support Unemployment insurance, at least to a degree.  
  • Support various social welfare program/the social safety net (though here again I think we need serious reform, particularly in the area of cash assistance and why we provide it).  
  • Support at least some regulation of firearms, such as background checks, etc.  
  • Support some form of a progressive tax code (once again, major reform needed).  

 

 

Now, those aren't the most liberal positions, but they are hardly "extreme right wing" positions.  In general, I simply think the government (particularly the federal government) is FAR too powerful, spends FAR too much on wasteful, unnecessary and unconstitutional programs, and regulates our lives in too many ways. I want the government to spend less, tax less, and tell us what to do less.  I want freedom of speech, religion and the press and believe in Constitutional government.  Can you explain how those beliefs are "extreme right wing?"

In other words, you support Barack Obama's position more than Mitt Romney's, but you've bought into the Republican Bullshit Machine and think our president is a socialist when in reality he's Black Bob Dole.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #60 of 207

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #61 of 207

False equivalence.  The two situations are not analogous.  Listen to the first five minutes of Dan Savage's podcast this week--it fills in the details.  In fact, he argues that the gay attacker should be prosecuted under the very same hate crime legislation that the Family Research Council opposes.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #62 of 207

Newsweek became a rag magazine years ago.It is not worth the paper it is printed on.There are better magazines to read than Newsweek.
 

post #63 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

False equivalence.  The two situations are not analogous.  Listen to the first five minutes of Dan Savage's podcast this week--it fills in the details.  In fact, he argues that the gay attacker should be prosecuted under the very same hate crime legislation that the Family Research Council opposes.

 

Most people not suffering from a messiah complex explain who they believe something is not analogous. Those unwilling to explain and who declare they are just right and that others must accept are the type of people who who up at FRC with a gun and start declaring they don't like your politics.

 

Dan Savage is an author with a B.A. in Theater. His only expertise is in being gay. There is no reason to take his legal advice nor have you stated a rationale for why he should be considered right beyond "he said so."

 

Most people oppose hate crimes because they deal with state of mind as a crime rather than the actions themselves with state of mind as a mitigating factor.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #64 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Most people oppose hate crimes because they deal with state of mind as a crime rather than the actions themselves with state of mind as a mitigating factor.

 

Bingo.

 

I believe that when/if thought crimes and a Department of Pre-Crime comes to the US, it will be brought by progressives.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #65 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Bingo.

 

I believe that when/if thought crimes and a Department of Pre-Crime comes to the US, it will be brought by progressives.

 

If a Department of pre-crime comes to the US, it will be brought by AUTHORITARIANS. Both "sides" in the so-called, fabricated political divide are into authoritarianism. What "progressives" in government anyway?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #66 of 207
Thread Starter 

Speaking of liberal media and gaffes, we all know that Obama makes them and Biden spits them out like bad reality television shows but this is ridiculous.

 

Anytime a Republcan gaffes, it is never the exception. It is always proof of some failing, something deeper, something we all "already knew."

 

 

President Obama was helping spell out Ohio YMCA style. He made a mistake. It is a gaffe. Like most gaffes, it doesn't prove much of anything with regard to Obama and his abilities.

 

However it does reveal something very sad about the Washington Post.

 

It shows that rather than reporting the news, including gaffes or whatever else might be going on with regard to the day to day minutia of the presidential race, they would rather lie, make up nonsense and show a desperate bias.

 

Yes, you read that right. They claimed a real photo was photoshopped.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #67 of 207
Thread Starter 

Don't you wish you had a media that would pursue the news?

 

This seems a common tactic for the left. We've seen them arrive at protests as fake tea party members. We've seen them fake hate crimes on themselves and fake threats and intimidation toward themselves via letters they've written to themselves full of fake threats. Heck I have no doubt that any fake accounts on here are duplicates of accounts from leftist members.

 

After all, they'd just be following the example of their president who has a bunch of fake Republican women in his latest ad series.

 

Quote:

The Obama campaign is trying to perpetrate the same deception. It has just released a video called Republican Women For Obama, which features four or five women who claim to be Republicans, or to have been Republicans until recently. But, of course, they are appalled by Mitt Romney–it is hard to say why, apart from a couple of discreet references to abortion, but did they really just now figure out that the Republican Party is pro-life? The ad is surprisingly ineffective, but it is also dishonest. At least one of the women who pose as “Republican women for Obama” is a long-time Democrat.

 

Her name is Maria Ciano, and BuzzFeed finds that she has been a registered Democrat in Colorado at least since 2006. Here she is in the Obama ad. She is easy to spot in the ad because she wears braces.:

 

Fake supports, fake Twitter followers, real money thrown at fake solutions. Too bad the lack of growth and $5 trillion in borrowing aren't fake.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #68 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'd call anyone who insisted there were WMD in Iraq after it was abundantly clear there were not " Extreme ".However I am impressed with your list of positions. I'll give you that.

 

Tell me, when did it become abundantly clear?  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

In other words, you support Barack Obama's position more than Mitt Romney's, but you've bought into the Republican Bullshit Machine and think our president is a socialist when in reality he's Black Bob Dole.

 

That is false.  And as usual, you know it's false.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #69 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That is false.  And as usual, you know it's false.  

Disagree.  The planks of the Republican platform, vague as they may be, do not align whatsoever with the views you have espoused.  I absolutely do not believe what I said is false.  President Obama is Black Bob Dole.  Your views align much more with his than Romney's and the extreme Republican agenda.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #70 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That is false.  And as usual, you know it's false.  

Disagree.  The planks of the Republican platform, vague as they may be, do not align whatsoever with the views you have espoused.  I absolutely do not believe what I said is false.  President Obama is Black Bob Dole.  Your views align much more with his than Romney's and the extreme Republican agenda.

 

It's always good to repeat yourself when dictating to others what they believe and how they should act.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #71 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Disagree.  The planks of the Republican platform, vague as they may be, do not align whatsoever with the views you have espoused.  I absolutely do not believe what I said is false.  President Obama is Black Bob Dole.  Your views align much more with his than Romney's and the extreme Republican agenda.

 

Other than legalizing drug use and abortion, you're wrong.  And there are many Republicans who think like I do on those two issues.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #72 of 207
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #73 of 207

 

While I don't know if this is representative of the majority of the media, there seem to be numerous examples like this and even posters here who seem to think like this. Sad that someone really thinks that's what Romney wants. I don't even care for Romney find such a thoughtless assumption astonishing. They've created a caricature of him and are playing to that caricature.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #74 of 207

 

Good to see he was fired.  It's about time someone is held accountable when they engage in egregious;y offensive slander and/or libel.  I read a quote from the Romney campaign indicating the media was in full blown meltdown over last night, meaning it must have been pretty effective.  I have to agree.  It must also drive them nuts that they can't really go after Ann Romney without looking completely heartless and soulless.  So, they decided to smear Romney beyond belief.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #75 of 207

 

Move along. Nothing to see here. Akin! Romney's tax returns! Bain!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #76 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Move along. Nothing to see here. Akin! Romney's tax returns! Bain!

 

And racists throwing nuts. Don't forget the nut-throwing racists.

 

To be honest a story like this puts the nut-throwing situation in a potentially new light. One can't help but wonder what sort of things the GOP folks are seeing and hearing from the media down there in person. Renewing the possibility that the nut-throwing was more about the media or CNN than about the skin color.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #77 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

And racists throwing nuts. Don't forget the nut-throwing racists.

 

Which ones? Aren't all Republicans nut-throwing racists?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #78 of 207

Both NBC and MSNBC have downplayed or outright ignored the speeches by GOP minority personalities like Mia Love, Artur Davis and Ted Cruz.

 

Then, predictably, the usual suspects come in here and talk nonsense about how the GOP convention 'doesn't look like America'.

 

Liberals are easily swayed by nonsense like this, which is precisely why it's done.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #79 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Both NBC and MSNBC have downplayed or outright ignored the speeches by GOP minority personalities like Mia Love, Artur Davis and Ted Cruz.

 

Then, predictably, the usual suspects come in here and talk nonsense about how the GOP convention 'doesn't look like America'.

 

Liberals are easily swayed by nonsense like this, which is precisely why it's done.

 

As I said in the other thread, their coverage was beyond biased.  I think Chris Matthews may have actually lost his freaking mind.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #80 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Both NBC and MSNBC have downplayed or outright ignored the speeches by GOP minority personalities like Mia Love, Artur Davis and Ted Cruz.

 

Then, predictably, the usual suspects come in here and talk nonsense about how the GOP convention 'doesn't look like America'.

 

Liberals are easily swayed by nonsense like this, which is precisely why it's done.

 

As I said in the other thread, their coverage was beyond biased.  I think Chris Matthews may have actually lost his freaking mind.  

Well it's definitely " beyond " ( as in the real story ) the biased drival they show on FOX news. ( wink if I could )

 

 

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

 

 

Quote:


The Most Biased Name in News
Fox News Channel's extraordinary right-wing tilt

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Liberal Media Complex has just become......so sad and pathetic.