or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › VP for Romney

VP for Romney

post #1 of 18

Who in your opinion will Romney pick as his running mate?

post #2 of 18

I don't who he will pick, but he should pick Rubio.  He's got all the qualities needed.  He's young, charismatic, conservative and latino.  And he's from Florida, and well liked amongst voters.  

There are other possibilities, but non with Rubio's appeal.  

Rob Portman of Ohio:  Pros...experienced, from Ohio, popular in his state.  Cons--Tied to Bush as budget director, boring personally.  

Chris Christie:  Pros--Would inspire conservatives, brash style, could possibly deliver NJ.  Cons--He's a fat man from New Jersey who reminds one of Boss Tweed.  Despised by educators.  

Paul Ryan:  Pros--rising start in the party, conservatives like him.  Cons--he's been savaged on his budget proposals and would probably be an easy target for attack ads. 

Beyond that I don't think there are serious considerations.  He could always go with someone like Kelly Ayotte (Senator) or Susanna Martinez.  I really doubt he'll go for a long shot, Hail Mary.  He'll stick to the "Do No Harm" mantra.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 18
Joe Biden

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 18

You are a real jester I see.

post #5 of 18

Jeb Bush might surprise everyone and run.

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Jeb Bush might surprise everyone and run.

For what?  For President?  LOL.  Not right now, Marv.  

post #7 of 18

I still think someone is trolling us with Marv.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #8 of 18

You could be right about that.

post #9 of 18

I mean for VP not President with Romney.

post #10 of 18
Quote:

I mean for VP not President with Romney.

It's not his decision.  And there is no way Romney will select him.  

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I've wondered that, but I'm fairly certain he's real.  

post #12 of 18

Wait...someone isn't trolling us witht the BR account? That's a real person?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Wait...someone isn't trolling us witht the BR account? That's a real person?

LOL.  lol.gif

post #14 of 18

Could it be you perhaps?

post #15 of 18
Sarah Palin

post #16 of 18

Never will this happen Palin running with Romney for VP in one million years.

post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Yeah, I'm often thinking that too.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #18 of 18
Quote:

Who in your opinion will Romney pick as his running mate?

Apparently Sarah Palin never built any pipeline (y'all know what I'm talking 'bout), so I hope she's set aside.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › VP for Romney