or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple shows interest in iOS stylus with optical sensor, haptic feedback

Apple shows interest in iOS stylus with optical sensor, haptic feedback - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Exactly. I laugh every time I hear their ad saying that it's the best of both worlds. More like 'worst of both worlds'.

Worlds are colliding, Jerry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuYdzs4SS8

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #42 of 43

using the camera in the pen might solve one of the problems with using the ipad with a stylus to date: the UI APIs are set up with a thick thingy (your finger) in mind.  This solution might better allow for finer work.

I use styli all the time for note taking apps with handwriting recognition (notes plus) and it is good, but I could see it would work better if there was an API for finer work, or, an alternative approach as described..

It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

It is too bad Apple didn't put more support behind the Modbook concept. Axiotron pretty much is over with. It's too bad. I have used a Modbook and having those capabilities in an iPad would be fantastic.

No kidding. Modbook was the prototype for what a tablet should be. Can you  imagine how great it would be if Apple were to build one from scratch, rather than an after-market rebuild of existing Macbooks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

None of those are a true stylus which can be used for professional work. Apple needs to provide a real stylus and an updated iPad with a touch sensitive Wacom LCD

Pressure sensitivity really is the key. The iPad is virtually useless as a artists tool without that.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple shows interest in iOS stylus with optical sensor, haptic feedback