or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Comment count

Comment count

post #1 of 4

I like that each story on the AI homepage has a direct link to the forum for discussion by way of a link which shows the number of comments. I would like to see the comment count reduced by one to reflect the fact that one of the comments is actually the original article. This way when a new article comes up it will say 0 comments until someone replies in the thread unlike now where it gives the impression a comment has been made already.

post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyinscotland View Post

I like that each story on the AI homepage has a direct link to the forum for discussion by way of a link which shows the number of comments. I would like to see the comment count reduced by one to reflect the fact that one of the comments is actually the original article. This way when a new article comes up it will say 0 comments until someone replies in the thread unlike now where it gives the impression a comment has been made already.

I second this motion.

post #3 of 4
I notice articles now have a comment count of 0 initially. As no one from AI posted to say this would be changed was I being dense and it was like this all along?
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyinscotland View Post

I notice articles now have a comment count of 0 initially. As no one from AI posted to say this would be changed was I being dense and it was like this all along?

Not to speak ill of you, but maybe. lol.gif

I wouldn't imagine any changes having happened unless they were mission-critical, but it's possible that was changed.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Comment count