or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Prediction: Apple will buy Facebook

Prediction: Apple will buy Facebook

post #1 of 7
Apple will buy Facebook. Mark Z is the 21st century heir to Steve Jobs and Tim Cook is a great businessman. Together they will ensure the long term innovative success of Apple-Facebook. Apple need someone with the stay hungry-stay foolish attitude that Jobs had and which is so evident in Mark Z. Together they will be unbeatable and keep innovating and maintain their market leadership. As a result other competitors will consider mergers or fall away completely. RIM is nearly dead, Nokia is dying and Samsung and Google will not merge but work together through Android devices. Microsoft and Sony will remain second tier companies that will try to follow Apple-Facebook.
post #2 of 7
Laughable.

Apart from buying NeXT, which they needed to do to get a modern OS, Apple never spends/risks sizeable chunks of its reserves on acquiring large well established companies, preferring instead to carefully select smaller and cheaper companies with valuable IP and develop their own software and systems.

Apple won't waste billions buying the sinking ship that is Facesl*t.

Which reminds me, I must get around to deleting my Faceblock account!
post #3 of 7
CMon man you Don't think Jobs wanted to eat up Facebook? Apple need to keep innovating and having around 1 billion subscribers as Facebook members would make all competitors shudder!
post #4 of 7
CMon man you Don't think Jobs wanted to eat up Facebook? Apple need to keep innovating and having around 1 billion subscribers as Facebook members would make all competitors shudder!
post #5 of 7

Don't see this happening at all. I even think Apple is staying away in terms of money investments with Facebook due to their IPO debacle. 

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bart View Post

No. I don't. Because it makes no sense. And has nothing to do with Apple. You don't seem to know anything about Apple—what they stand for, why they do what they do. You wouldn't be saying this otherwise.

There're, what, 1.5 billion PC users out there. Maybe Apple should buy Microsoft. That would make all competition shudder… for some magical reason you've yet to explain. Is it just the big number?

Facebook is meaningless. What does it have to do with Apple's competitors? I see you've gotten off your "Zuckerberg is Jobs and will lead Apple in innovation" kick, thankfully.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #7 of 7

No, just no. That is notApple-esque. Facebook is the opposite of Apple. 

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Prediction: Apple will buy Facebook