or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Banner confirms iOS 6 appearance at WWDC

Banner confirms iOS 6 appearance at WWDC - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

You are correct though, anything sort of delivering that entire list will be seen by many as failure.

You also forget that even if they do deliver something there will be folks that gripe about the features within it. Like if they do an Apple TV SDK folks will complain that it's only for video viewing apps, the like for music and photos, and games. Nothing else. Or if they do a Files.app it will be for deleting files or reassigning what PDF reader you are using etc but no folders, renaming etc. IF they do voice feedback turn by turn they will complain that they can't have custom voices. The computer upgrades will be baby steps with no redesign or they won't like the redesign etc. 

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
You also forget that even if they do deliver something there will be folks that gripe about the features within it. Like if they do an Apple TV SDK folks will complain that it's only for video viewing apps…

As it SHOULD be. Allow show creators to make their own applications, you buy the app, you get access to the show. Streaming. Anytime you want. Where there would be commercials in the episode, there will be video iAds.

Think about it. Video. iAds. Creative video stuff for things you'd actually want to see from startups (jobs, anyone?) and larger companies alike.

And cutting the cable/satellite bill by getting just the shows you want, when you want them.

And then the news channels could just have their standard entire channel stream, you know? But also with video iAds instead of their regular ads.

THIS is the future. This is how you tear apart the establishment that hates its consumers and milks us for all we're worth.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnw View Post

And what is the Main WWDC banner designed to convey?
It looks like random colored gems that could represent App icons. 

could be. iOS or MAS or vague to suggest both. 

Or it could be that Apple got tired of folks trying to read into the banners and decided to be as vague as possible just to screw with folks and make them run themselves nuts when they don't mean anything

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

As it SHOULD be. Allow show creators to make their own applications, you buy the app, you get access to the show. Streaming. Anytime you want. Where there would be commercials in the episode, there will be video iAds.

Or you just go with the current model of buying the shows and no ads. You can already stream them via Home Sharing or 'iTunes in the Cloud'. No app needed. 

And if they raised the quality (all shows in all 3 sizes), filled in the missing seasons and got the timing issues worked out a lot more folks would go that route. Even more if they dropped the pricing. Adding some features like what is typically in the box sets for tv and movies not a bad move. And neither is getting freaking iTunes Extras to work on the Apple TV and iPad. 

post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Or you just go with the current model of buying the shows and no ads. You can already stream them via Home Sharing or 'iTunes in the Cloud'. No app needed. 

Exactly, and I prefer that, but this is the cheaper route. And you don't see hundreds of millions of people flocking away from TV to buy stuff on iTunes, so there must be a reason. Either offer up a same-business-model TV replacement or drop prices, as you said, but as the latter is dictated by the content creators who are too stupid to understand that they can drop prices, we're rather stuck.

post #46 of 48

Speaking of iOS, anyone familiar with Project Magenta, a developing Darwin over Linux mobile OS that allows iOS to run on hardware other than Apple's? No idea what the ultimate aim is, but still interesting. First I've seen about anyone even attempting something like this since iOS was introduced 5 years ago.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/news/magenta-project-is-a-linux-based-ios-clone/

Edited by Gatorguy - 6/9/12 at 5:32pm
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you have any idea of the amount of entitled whining we're going to have to deal with on the forums come Monday when Apple doesn't release a brand new model of every computer they sell, plus retina displays for all of them, plus a new AirPort family in 802.11ac, plus a Thunderbolt SuperDrive, plus iOS 6 with their own Maps and spoken, automatically updating turn-by-turn, plus Facebook integration, plus a new design for the OS, plus Siri for the iPad, plus an Apple TV development suite for regular developers (because they don't deserve it at all; it should go to content creators only), plus a brand new, never before seen app called "Organize" or some such, plus an iDisk replacement, plus a Gallery replacement, plus Mountain Lion "fixing" everything that was broken in Lion, plus Siri on OS X, plus voice dictation for writing documents, plus Maps for OS X, PLUS… 

We don't need to pile "sixth iPhone" or "Apple HDTV" on top of that. lol.gif

People say it looks like a thumbprint, which means the next iPhone will have fingerprint recognition. They're idiots. It's just a ripple.

A few years back there was lots of speculation about the new MacBook Pro.  Somebody tossed together a mockup that would please everybody.  It had something like 8 USB ports, dual optical drives, etc.

Somebody will be unhappy with whatever is released.  Back along that time, I posted that some would whine even if Apple gave the computers away for free. The whiners will always find something to whine about, because Apple didn't live up to their expectations. Running to the store in a few minutes to buy some extra popcorn.

I would love if the iPhone gained fingerprint recognition.  Guess I'm an idiot.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post
A few years back there was lots of speculation about the new MacBook Pro.  Somebody tossed together a mockup that would please everybody.  It had something like 8 USB ports, dual optical drives, etc.

Ah, you mean the G5 PowerBook mockup.

s7pjz04.jpg

Such fond memories. That I can't remember.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Banner confirms iOS 6 appearance at WWDC