or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › WWDC just proved 16:9 iPhone is bs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WWDC just proved 16:9 iPhone is bs

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Now iOS 6 beta is available, there is 0 indication about the screen resolution change. If they want to change aspect ratio, they need at least 3-4 month to let the developers to prepare for the new resolution. Some people guessed Apple might add Add a new bar on top or bottom to fill, that is just ludicrous, when you play a game in horizontal mode, you want a bar in portrait mode on one side and that might get touched when you play?
The so called unibody design is crap, it is just recycled bs from before 4s was released. Now I am convinced iPhone form factor will remain the same as 4s, with glass back.
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post
Now iOS 6 beta is available, there is 0 indication about the screen resolution change.

 

Was there anything about retina stuff in the betas of iOS 4? I doubt it.

 

Quote:
If they want to change aspect ratio, they need at least 3-4 month to let the developers to prepare for the new resolution.

 

They've never done that in the past, so I don't know why you'd think that now.

 

Quote:
Some people guessed Apple might add Add a new bar on top or bottom to fill, that is just ludicrous, when you play a game in horizontal mode, you want a bar in portrait mode on one side and that might get touched when you play?

 

That's not how it would work. And that would only be the case for apps not yet updated.

 

Quote:
The so called unibody design is crap, it is just recycled bs from before 4s was released. Now I am convinced iPhone form factor will remain the same as 4s, with glass back.

 

Oh, the thing with the tapered back? We've not heard about that recently. I dunno, I want whatever case gives us the best battery life. If that's reusing the iPhone 4 design, so be it.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Was there anything about retina stuff in the betas of iOS 4? I doubt it.


They've never done that in the past, so I don't know why you'd think that now.


That's not how it would work. And that would only be the case for apps not yet updated.


Oh, the thing with the tapered back? We've not heard about that recently. I dunno, I want whatever case gives us the best battery life. If that's reusing the iPhone 4 design, so be it.

Actually they did let developers know before iPhone 4 was released about the retina display. And they released detailed instructions how to prepare for the new screen. And they pre approved many apps supporting retina before iPhone 4 was released. So on day one there were already tons of apps supporting retina display. I was doing a universal app at the time so I remember it clearly.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post
Actually they did let developers know before iPhone 4 was released about the retina display. And they released detailed instructions how to prepare for the new screen. And they pre approved many apps supporting retina before iPhone 4 was released. So on day one there were already tons of apps supporting retina display. I was doing a universal app at the time so I remember it clearly.

 

I'm not finding any information of that sort whatsoever. Could you help me find a link to a story somewhere that the mention that?

 

Before it was released, yes all that happened, but not before it was announced.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Before it was released, yes all that happened, but not before it was announced.


You provided your own answer.

Only a very few select developers ever got word of new hardware prior to ANNOUNCEMENT...
Then, of course, ALL developers get the new SDKs for the few months between announcement and release.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Then, of course, ALL developers get the new SDKs for the few months between announcement and release.

What "months"? That doesn't happen with the iPhone.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


What "months"? That doesn't happen with the iPhone.

OK... months (plural) lead time for the OS, only month (singular) for hardware.

 

But then, MOST new features/SDK's are generally software/OS related... better camera lenses and faster CPU's don't really require changes to your software.  (yes, there are hardware features that require more development: accelerometers, adding a flash, etc... but they don't generally prevent older versions of your software from running until you get it updated.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

Actually they did let developers know before iPhone 4 was released about the retina display. And they released detailed instructions how to prepare for the new screen. And they pre approved many apps supporting retina before iPhone 4 was released. So on day one there were already tons of apps supporting retina display. I was doing a universal app at the time so I remember it clearly.

Before the keynote, that never happened. Developers only found out during the keynote event and at that time the iPhone4 was announced then they got the sdk retina instructions. People only got early info on retina is because the iphone4 decided to get drunk at a bar. Right Siri? "two iPhones walk into a bar, I forget the rest"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › WWDC just proved 16:9 iPhone is bs