I've had my Macbook Pro for just a little under a year now.
I've tried to take very good care of it.
I've had a few issues with the charger actually charging, but that's been the charger's fault, so I had been getting ready to buy a new one.
My dog just knocked my Macbook onto the floor while it was running. It shut off completely. When I restarted it, the fan started running at a very high speed (I think- it's very loud). Also, the battery icon is doing this:
and claims that the power adapter is the power source. The power adapter does not have the green light on it while it's connected right now. Earlier, when it wasn't connected, it claimed that the power source was the adapter too.
I'm really worried. Am I going to need to buy a new battery? What's happened?