or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Review: Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro with 15" Retina display
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro with 15" Retina display - Page 3

post #81 of 94

Could someone have a rMPB mesaure if the trackpad is in the center of the Notebook and not slighty align to right? I have seen it on display a few times but everytime i saw it i thought it looks dispoportional.

I somehow even think the left side is slightly wider.

post #82 of 94

Each edge of the trackpad is 5" away fro the edge of the case.

post #83 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks View Post

Each edge of the trackpad is 5" away fro the edge of the case.

 

Um... I just go back and check again, must be something wrong with my eye sight i continue to think it is not aligned. My fault.

post #84 of 94
Here is one photographer's take on the new RMBP...

http://cdtobie.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/retina-display-macbook-pro-for-calibration-and-photography/

  • The high resolution reduces eyestrain
  • The gamut is a lot better than on the displays of previous models, as it now displays 99% of sRGB
  • The glare was greatly reduced compared the glossy displays
  • IPS technology allows to display similar colors and brightness at a wide range of viewing angles
  • The default calibration is rather good but there is room for improvement

Seems reasonable to me. Certainly not the waste of money some are claiming.



PS: Apple screwed us once again¡ They could have easily added an Ethernet jack on the new RMBP¡
399

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #85 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

[*]The high resolution reduces eyestrain
[*] The glare was greatly reduced compared the glossy displays
[*] IPS technology allows to display similar colors and brightness at a wide range of viewing angles

NO. YOU'RE WRONG. GLOSSY DISPLAYS PHYSICALLY DAMAGE OUR EYES. THEY RUIN OUR COLORS. THEY CANNOT BE USED. ANY GLARE AT ALL IS UNACCEPTABLE. NO LIGHT MUST REFLECT OFF THE SCREEN.

💢

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #86 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


NO. YOU'RE WRONG. GLOSSY DISPLAYS PHYSICALLY DAMAGE OUR EYES. THEY RUIN OUR COLORS. THEY CANNOT BE USED. ANY GLARE AT ALL IS UNACCEPTABLE. NO LIGHT MUST REFLECT OFF THE SCREEN.
💢

Turn off the lights then. And your caps lock.

post #87 of 94
I love the "T" shaped design. I've had experience with both the "T" and "L" shaped power adapters and found that the "L" shaped version held onto the computer a little too well. It didn't allow for a clean break away every time (by clean, I mean the computer not moving at all). I've never had a problem with the "T" shaped version. Sure, it doesn't look as pretty, but I'd rather have a pretty laptop than one that got pulled off my lap and was damaged in the process (angle of your legs, surface the computer is resting on, humidity levels, etc may be a factor in this scenario).
post #88 of 94
Anyone with the burn-in (ghost) display problem? please reply
post #89 of 94
Apple product is great but not great for me. The bad thing about Apple product is that if their product is between 2 to 6yrs old and you end up having minor issues with laptop or desktop or Ipad etc. They may not be able to repair them for you. After your warranty has expires you are on your own finding the parts for their products. If they happen to have your part they will charge you a fortune to repair it. As an apple customer I'm disappointed that they NO LONGER CARRY PARTS FOR MY MACBOOK PRO instead they offered for me to buy a new one for over $1000 which i refused to. They did recommend me to seek help from third party companies like Catcom Computers Inc and Micro Center. Its not 100% that they may carry your parts. So, right off the bat purchasing any Apple product can leave you disappointed after a couple of years. I have the very first Macbook pro and I absolutely love it. After 7yrs of great service and still is working perfect its finally giving minor problems with the charging area. Since my laptop is "VINTAGE" Apple no longer carry its parts. The third party companies are selling Apple product parts for a lot of money but with good Googling skills you might find some parts fairly cheap. The worst part is when you find it yourself you have to either go back to Apple store and beg them to fix it and charge you over a $100 with your own parts that you took to them to fix it for you 1frown.gif VERY DISAPPOINTED.
post #90 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear View Post

Apple product is great but not great for me. The bad thing about Apple product is that if their product is between 2 to 6yrs old and you end up having minor issues with laptop or desktop or Ipad etc. They may not be able to repair them for you. After your warranty has expires you are on your own finding the parts for their products. If they happen to have your part they will charge you a fortune to repair it. As an apple customer I'm disappointed that they NO LONGER CARRY PARTS FOR MY MACBOOK PRO instead they offered for me to buy a new one for over $1000 which i refused to. They did recommend me to seek help from third party companies like Catcom Computers Inc and Micro Center. Its not 100% that they may carry your parts. So, right off the bat purchasing any Apple product can leave you disappointed after a couple of years. I have the very first Macbook pro and I absolutely love it. After 7yrs of great service and still is working perfect its finally giving minor problems with the charging area. Since my laptop is "VINTAGE" Apple no longer carry its parts. The third party companies are selling Apple product parts for a lot of money but with good Googling skills you might find some parts fairly cheap. The worst part is when you find it yourself you have to either go back to Apple store and beg them to fix it and charge you over a $100 with your own parts that you took to them to fix it for you 1frown.gif VERY DISAPPOINTED.

 

The problem you're having is not unique to Apple products. I experienced the very same thing with an IBM ThinkPad that I bought back in 2004 or so. Just after (and I do mean JUST after) it went off warranty, I began experiencing motherboard issues. It was going to cost a fortune to fix it out of my pocket. So I forgot about it and bought a cheap laptop to supplement the one my employer was already providing... plus I had a couple of desktops in my home-office. But during some downtime (probably two years after it had died), that bricked IBM began to bother me. So I finally found a shop that could get the part and fix it. But as luck would have it, the ThinkPad configuration that I got apparently required some sort of unique motherboard - and the one the shop got wouldn't fit. So it still sets silently on a shelf in my office. I'm hard headed and I just refuse to throw it away. But it hasn't been worth fixing for at least 5 years.

 

I'm not a computer expert and I didn't stay in a Holiday Express last night, so take my free advice as maybe just being worth what it cost (nothing): once a computer reaches a certain age, as much as you might like it, any money you put into it will provide diminishing returns. If I read your comments correctly, your MacBook Pro is 7 years old, right? A shop is going to charge you a set hourly rate whether you get the parts or they do... whether it's an Apple, HP or Dell. If you're determined, you could always get a donor computer off Ebay and get the parts cheaper that way... then sell what's left of the computer piece by piece and maybe come out even or ahead after the labor. But at the end of the day, you'll still just have a well functioning, though obsolete, computer. No offense intended, but I just can't see this as anything to do with Apple any more than any other brand.

If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
post #91 of 94
Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
So, right off the bat purchasing any Apple product can leave you disappointed after a couple of years.


What’s this? Old computer parts are hard to come by? 

And you’re genuinely surprised about this? Do you know anything about any industry ever created?

 

Nice sentence, by the way; really good blanket statement for absolutely nothing.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #92 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
So, right off the bat purchasing any Apple product can leave you disappointed after a couple of years.
Nice sentence, by the way; really good blanket statement for absolutely nothing.

Au contraire, I think it can apply to Macs; you'll want the new model when it comes out. With Wintel PeeCee's it should read:

"So, right off the bat purchasing any Wintel can leave you disappointed after the purchase."

(some will say: 'before')
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
post #93 of 94
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
"So, right off the bat purchasing any Wintel can leave you disappointed after the purchase."

(some will say: 'before')

 

“The happiest days in a Windows user’s life are the day before he buys his PC and the day he buys his Mac.”

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #94 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"The happiest days in a Windows user’s life are the day before he buys his PC and the day he buys his Mac.”

A friend of mine is buying a boat. I told him the old joke: "You'll have two very happy days! The day you're getting the boat and the day you've sold it". He looked a bit like mamabear, I guess.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Review: Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro with 15" Retina display