or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › San Diego school district buys 26K iPads for students

San Diego school district buys 26K iPads for students - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Let me repeat it again and I'll stick to small words. 

Even if the school wants to use the Volume Purchase Program which requires that each student has a separate ID under his/her control there is nothing to prevent parents of students under 12 (or even 18 if the parents wish) from setting up an ID the parents control on the child's behalf. THAT id would be used for redeeming the school provided codes and would belong to the child's authorized legal representative until such time as said party wishes to turn control over to the child. Problem for the school is solved. And zero need for anyone to limit what they do to any age audience. 

Thank you for restating -- I understand your point much better now. Oh, no reason to be an ass about it either.

Doesn't change the fact that Apple's policy is for user to be 13 to create and *use* the account (despite other ways around it), and thus makes your scenario and edge case -- an edge case that makes it a remote possibility for publishers to want to put products into the market to fill that niche.

post #82 of 83

Meanwhile, teaching - arguably the single most important job in any society - is among our society's least lucrative professions.  

In America, teaching other people's children is antithetical to feeding your own.  $15M?  If I was a San Diego school teacher, I'd likely end up in jail for assaulting a politician with a sharpened iPad.  

post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

Meanwhile, teaching - arguably the single most important job in any society - is among our society's least lucrative professions.

Teachers need thrice what they're paid now.

Additionally, becoming a teacher (and staying a teacher) needs to be FAR more rigorous a process. There are a ton of completely worthless people out there, teaching, that shouldn't even be paid what they're getting now. Conversely, there are also teachers that have–and I'll use an example personally known to me–been given the workload that just five years ago went to three teachers, continue to excel at what they do through improving student scores, behavior, and future learning capabilities, and are paid 1% more than they were then.

Sow, reap, and dispassionately weed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › San Diego school district buys 26K iPads for students