or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Banned from mac rumours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Banned from mac rumours

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

I got banned from mac rumours just because I joked about having another mac rumours account and I think someone called -aggie- reported me for that what the hell just a straight Insta- ban without warning!anyway if I don't get unbanned within a week Im done with it!

post #2 of 24

No one cares dude!

post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by libdem View Post

No one cares dude!

And here I thought I would be welcomed:(

post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

And here I thought I would be welcomed:(

You are. Ignore him.

MacRumors is known for having pretty darn good rules. Nice and clear.

They're not known for following any of those rules at all…

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


You are. Ignore him.
MacRumors is known for having pretty darn good rules. Nice and clear.
They're not known for following any of those rules at all…

I know I was a very loyal poster then the next minute I'm out cause one of the WW games players doesn't like me!

post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

I got banned from mac rumours just because I joked about having another mac rumours account and I think someone called -aggie- reported me for that what the hell just a straight Insta- ban without warning!anyway if I don't get unbanned within a week Im done with it!

You are welcome here just PM Tallest Skil if you have any queries and also make sure you read all the AppleInsider Forum Guidelines and you should be okay... I left MacRumors years, years, years ago.
post #7 of 24

i got a two month ban for calling someone an idiot... because he was being an idiot. Like seriously? is idiot THAT offensive? no, of course not, they're just whiny babies.

post #8 of 24
Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post
i got a two month ban for calling someone an idiot... because he was being an idiot. Like seriously? is idiot THAT offensive? no, of course not, they're just whiny babies.


Ah, I remember a good many time outs for me for finally snapping and calling a spade a spade (well, an anti-Apple troll an idiot). They have as much against that single word right there as they do against pro-Apple users, but the former was hated long before the latter.

 

They're within their rights, of course; that word is explicitly called out right in their rules. 

 

And ours too, I suppose. We don't like insults directly against other users here, but you're welcome to express that a position being held is idiotic.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

i got a two month ban for calling someone an idiot... because he was being an idiot. Like seriously? is idiot THAT offensive? no, of course not, they're just whiny babies.
Oh I've left that place the people here are much nicer and there less trolls more like a community then Mac Rumours, I got permanently banned for making a joke about having another account? And anyway why can't we have another account in the first place?
post #10 of 24
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post
Oh I've left that place the people here are much nicer and there less trolls more like a community then Mac Rumours, I got permanently banned for making a joke about having another account? And anyway why can't we have another account in the first place?


Astroturfing worries. Someone with multiple active accounts can hold conversations with himself and derail entire threads. He can use just one account and upvote all the comments with the others, making his opinion appear more valid/accepted. 

 

On MacRumors they don't let you ever have a second account, regardless of what happens to your first. Here we've been known to allow second accounts as long as you accept the shutdown of your first.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Astroturfing worries. Someone with multiple active accounts can hold conversations with himself and derail entire threads. He can use just one account and upvote all the comments with the others, making his opinion appear more valid/accepted. 

On MacRumors they don't let you ever have a second account, regardless of what happens to your first. Here we've been known to allow second accounts as long as you accept the shutdown of your first.
And that's a good thing! They have zero tolerance for multiple accounts at least you can make a new account and have the old one deactivated here. They are way to strict.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

I got banned from mac rumours just because I joked about having another mac rumours account and I think someone called -aggie- reported me for that what the hell just a straight Insta- ban without warning!anyway if I don't get unbanned within a week Im done with it!

 



that's Maggie...

post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlaque View Post




that's Maggie...
no his use name was aggie
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

no his use name was aggie


a yeah... -aggie-   the "Lord of the Bunnies"...

post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlaque View Post


a yeah... -aggie-   the "Lord of the Bunnies"...
how the hell do you know?
post #16 of 24

too bad for you people... just make sure next time you should try to behave in this forum. This very interesting site and not for someone or people who doesn't have anything to do.

post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

too bad for you people... just make sure next time you should try to behave in this forum. This very interesting site and not for someone or people who doesn't have anything to do.

Oh there rules are stupid this forum as far better rules put in place.

post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlaque View Post


a yeah... -aggie-   the "Lord of the Bunnies"...

Can you tell me how the hell you know that?

post #19 of 24

Another person who has no involvement with another human being. Zero prospective of life except his own.
 

post #20 of 24
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post
Another person who has no involvement with another human being. Zero prospective of life except his own.

 

Why do these sentences exist in this post?

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Another person who has no involvement with another human being. Zero prospective of life except his own.
 

Umm what? what the hell does this have to do with anything related to the thread?

post #22 of 24

Stupid rules or not. We have no choice but follow. We should at least follow to avoid being banned. :)
 

post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

Oh there rules are stupid this forum as far better rules put in place.

 

Then make some suggestion to the admin. :)

post #24 of 24
I've absolutely no idea what's going on in this thread. Now off for some Assassin's Creed 3. BRING IT BRITS!!!

That said. The USA. 200 glorious years. Now there'll be 50 of slowly quietening compared to (censored by me).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Banned from mac rumours