or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 21% of iOS users say they wouldn't leave Apple at any price
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

21% of iOS users say they wouldn't leave Apple at any price - Page 3

post #81 of 149

Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that the new Google tablet looks intriguing, and is quite cheap (hint, hint). She responded that she's so happy how all of our stuff works so well together since we switched to Apple that she'd rather wait until we can justify buying an iPad.

 

Yeah, she's right.

post #82 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

I found this pretty startling I myself will by products based their performance and quality. If I find another device at a similar price that functions better then I will buy it. Sticking to an inferior product regardless of the brand name is kind of cheating your self. If a superior tablet comes compared to my iPad I will buy it regardless of the company. 
Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps I can't imagine ever using anything that's not made by Apple running iOS or OS X way better than any other OS could ever do on another company's hardware. The idea that you can quantify a percentage of users who would defect for a short term savings of money radically discounts and demeans the invaluable experience we are having with iOS and OS X devices which is priceless. I find this study to be a tasteless example of some dweeb needing to justify his/her job by making a pointless survey of device users in the hopes that they can form some sort of pointless wedge between the Apple users and their devices as if Apple users would ever defect to another type of device.

Have you ever tried to use an Android device? They are utterly crap on crap. The moment you try to touch one you understand they are not an Apple device. I believe the only reason people are using Android devices is because they are ignorant of the qualitative difference between what a salesman has fooled them into and what the reality is. That's why I find this kind of survey so offensive. The questions are based on the premise that people are motivated by price and money in these experiences and the use of these tools. I disagree with the premise of these questions. The reason Apple users are so happy is because the experience with Apple's devices is so superior to experience with any other products which is markedly inferior. Apple loyalty has to do with happy communications experiences not how much the devices cost.

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Reply

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Reply
post #83 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post


Have you ever tried to use an Android device? They are utterly crap on crap. The moment you try to touch one you understand they are not an Apple device. I believe the only reason people are using Android devices is because they are ignorant of the qualitative difference between what a salesman has fooled them into and what the reality is. That's why I find this kind of survey so offensive. The questions are based on the premise that people are motivated by price and money in these experiences and the use of these tools. I disagree with the premise of these questions. The reason Apple users are so happy is because the experience with Apple's devices is so superior to experience with any other products which is markedly inferior. Apple loyalty has to do with happy communications experiences not how much the devices cost.

Wow, just wow. A bit over the top much? 

post #84 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmcavoy View Post

Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that the new Google tablet looks intriguing, and is quite cheap (hint, hint). She responded that she's so happy how all of our stuff works so well together since we switched to Apple that she'd rather wait until we can justify buying an iPad.

 

Yeah, she's right.

Yeah, that's it exactly.  Everything just works beautifully together.  Apple's done a marvelous job syncing all of their hardware together.  I have an Apple router, Apple TV, iPhone and Macbook Pro and they just...work.  You can definitely tell the quality.  Had an iPad 2 until I was an idiot and left it on an airplane.  :(

 

I probably won't buy another MBP because I really like having an optical drive.  My MBP currently has one and runs great, so no need to upgrade for some time anyway.  I don't ever see myself buying another brand of phone or tablet though.  Apple's products are too good to go elsewhere.

post #85 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps 

Wha..!! How did you ever find the time to look for and download that many, much less ever use them! If you spent 8 non-stop hours every day, 365 days a year with no breaks at all it would take almost 2 years just to spend a measly 30 minutes with each one.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #86 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Wow, just wow. A bit over the top much? 

I know.  That's the kind of Apple fan that irritates me to no end.  I agree that iOS is superior to Android, but Android is just fine.  I had a Droid before I switched, and frankly I loved it.  The navigation rocked and the widgets were nice.  The customizability was also nice - liked having a button on the screen to enable/disable bluetooth and other wireless connections.  Might not seem like much, but going through the various Settings menus are annoying by comparison.  I bet that guy doesn't realize that the notification system in iOS5 is a direct copy of what Android's had for years.  Just don't get the vitriol.

post #87 of 149
I'm surprised the data isn't 79% say they wouldn't change at any price. 21% seems very low to me.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #88 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

I know.  That's the kind of Apple fan that irritates me to no end.  I agree that iOS is superior to Android, but Android is just fine.  I had a Droid before I switched, and frankly I loved it.  The navigation rocked and the widgets were nice.  The customizability was also nice - liked having a button on the screen to enable/disable bluetooth and other wireless connections.  Might not seem like much, but going through the various Settings menus are annoying by comparison.  I bet that guy doesn't realize that the notification system in iOS5 is a direct copy of what Android's had for years.  Just don't get the vitriol.

I think what you don't understand s but for iOS androids would have plastic keyboards and look like BBs.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #89 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia 
Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps
Wha..!! How did you ever find the time to look for and download that many, much less ever use them! If you spent 8 non-stop hours every day, 365 days a year with no breaks at all it would take almost 2 years just to spend a measly 30 minutes with each one.

That's a lot of apps. I think I've discussed with Gatorguy in the past about how I don't buy too many new apps simply because I have too many as it is and they seem to get unused if they aren't on the first home screen.

This is one the reasons I find the new Podcast app so irksome. I guess I can just put my iPod and Podcast app into a folder but that's just another step to get to either. That's simply not ideal.

I wonder if smart folders would work on the home screen. Just like with iTunes/iPod apps having smart playlists that can show you songs that are new, most played, etc. it would be nice to have a folder that listed apps that are less than 7 days old, haven't been used in over 30 days (so you can then decide to remove them permanently), or any number of preferences one can think of.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #90 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

I see that tekstud is very active today.

 

I thought they banned "I Am A TekZtud Zock Zuppet"...

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #91 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixnaHalfFeet View Post

Gives us a new view of the 1 percenters. They are the ones who say they are "unlikely" to buy Apple products, or say their next purchase is going to be a Droid. Gives you a new insight to the posters around here who say they switched from Apple to Droid and love it.

 

It shows the percent of people who's marbles have long since been spilled all over the place

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #92 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm surprised the data isn't 79% say they wouldn't change at any price. 21% seems very low to me.

 

21% is actually very good. That's obviously a very good chunk of the high end of the intelligence bell curve. At the other end are Android users who would eat your face off, beard or not. :-)

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #93 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm surprised the data isn't 79% say they wouldn't change at any price. 21% seems very low to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

21% is actually very good. That's obviously a very good chunk of the high end of the intelligence bell curve. At the other end are Android users who would eat your face off, beard or not. :-)

If we evaluate the data further, 50% of users would need a more than 30% discount (is this hardware only or carrier subscription as well), likely with the same functionality or better. Feature parity is the forgotten piece of the puzzle. The average user assumes that the competition offers comparable products and services which is simply not true.

We know, for example that while people can purchase previous generation iPhone they most often opt for the latest generation. Very few smartphones even compare to the latest generation iPhone six months after release let alone immediately upon release. No other company has the customer service, ecosystem, performance, reliability, or stability to generate such high levels of customer satisfaction and customer retention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

I know.  That's the kind of Apple fan that irritates me to no end.  I agree that iOS is superior to Android, but Android is just fine.  I had a Droid before I switched, and frankly I loved it.  The navigation rocked and the widgets were nice.  The customizability was also nice - liked having a button on the screen to enable/disable bluetooth and other wireless connections.  Might not seem like much, but going through the various Settings menus are annoying by comparison.  I bet that guy doesn't realize that the notification system in iOS5 is a direct copy of what Android's had for years.  Just don't get the vitriol.

Are you suggesting that Android fans aren't just as rabid or worse? The person you are commenting about is on a public forum which is on a website dedicated to Apple.

I expect wildly enthusiastic Apple fanaticism on a website dedicated to Apple.
I don't expect widely enthusiastic fanaticism about competitor products and services on a website dedicated to Apple yet we see that theme played out time and again. To what purpose?
What of those wildly enthusiastic fanatics of Apple competitors on supposedly unbiased websites?
Are there hordes of wildly enthusiastic Apple fanatics who are compelled to post in forums of websites dedicated to Apple competitors? I just don't see this absurd phenomenon by Apple fanatics on websites dedicated to Android.

There seems to be a double standard. Which company has fans which are more fanatical and self affirming (afflicted by a reality distortion field)?
Edited by MacBook Pro - 6/29/12 at 9:50pm
post #94 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

Once you go Mac, you won't go back! :o)

I'd give the other side a try, if by my evaluation it seemed better than Apple's lovely products.

 

Not likely to happen though, Apple just keeps continually improving their products. 

  So the others can't catch up, in fact for several products the others are falling further behind.

post #95 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmcavoy View Post

Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that the new Google tablet looks intriguing, and is quite cheap (hint, hint). She responded that she's so happy how all of our stuff works so well together since we switched to Apple that she'd rather wait until we can justify buying an iPad.

 

Yeah, she's right.

Preferring a 7" sized Tablet I bought a RIM Playbook, for a song.

Interesting UI differences, some better and some worse than the iPad.

Very good screen, passable power, too small a power button for me.

BB OS has it's problems and Rim's Apps, like the Browser, are quite  inferior to Apple's  IOS.

If only Apple would bring out a 7" tablet, I'd move to it immediately. So I'm with your wife, stick with Apple's superior implementation and forget those trying to catch up.

post #96 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/151009/21-of-ios-users-say-they-wouldnt-leave-apple-at-any-price#post_2137284"]

The chances that my next laptop will be Apple is 100%.

The chances that my next tablet will be Apple is 100%.

The chances that my next phone will be Apple is 100%.

For any of those to not come true, Apple would have to screw up so badly, we're talking about a fuckup of RIM or NOKIA proportions, and I see that as extremely unlikely. 

dito!

plus

The chances that my next desktop will be Apple is 100%
post #97 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post


I do have about 3-4 slick cooler-master cases (Preaetorian)  :)

 

Whatever you do don't ever buy an Alienware machine or your place will be the next battleground for Alienware vs Praetorian...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Ahh so you can't answer the question either....

 

You don't seem to have got it yet, so I'll tell you outright:

 

You're being ignored because you act like a jerk.

 

(>_<)


Edited by GTR - 6/29/12 at 11:28pm
Apple managed the astonishing feat of getting the equivalent of a personal computer into the hands of everybody from eight to eighty year olds, and did so while providing absolutely no instructions...
Reply
Apple managed the astonishing feat of getting the equivalent of a personal computer into the hands of everybody from eight to eighty year olds, and did so while providing absolutely no instructions...
Reply
post #98 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

You don't seem to have got it yet, so I'll tell you outright:

 

You're being ignored because you act like a jerk.

 

(>_<)

Ahh good old GTR, can always count on you to have zero facts but an emotional argument. A sign of a very weak mind.

 

Interesting you say I was ignored yet posters still responded and with some valid interesting comments. All you could come up with is more insults.

post #99 of 149

"…wouldn't leave Apple at any price."

 

And what a profoundly creepy thing that is.  As I neither work for nor am married to Apple, there's no way I can "leave" it.  The fact that I've purchased some of its products no more makes me a part of Apple than eating a hamburger makes me a cow.

 

Brand loyalty is the ultimate dysfunctional relationship.  Intelligent consumers regard corporations the way corporations regard their employees:  resources to be exploited until they're no longer profitable, then dropped without ceremony, apology, or remorse.  I enjoy my IT greatly, admire the people whose achievement it is, and am grateful for their work, but loyal to the organization which employs them?  Given that the organization is an abstraction itself incapable of loyalty, to offer it any would be inappropriate at best, pathetic at worst.

 

I can think of almost nothing in life less deserving of loyalty than a corporation.  The very notion is grotesque.  Just thinking about it makes me want to take a long, hot shower, using a hand mirror to check for logos in places I can't easily see.

post #100 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

"…wouldn't leave Apple at any price."

 

And what a profoundly creepy thing that is.  As I neither work for nor am married to Apple, there's no way I can "leave" it.  The fact that I've purchased some of its products no more makes me a part of Apple than eating a hamburger makes me a cow.

 

Brand loyalty is the ultimate dysfunctional relationship.  Intelligent consumers regard corporations the way corporations regard their employees:  resources to be exploited until they're no longer profitable, then dropped without ceremony, apology, or remorse.  I enjoy my IT greatly, admire the people whose achievement it is, and am grateful for their work, but loyal to the organization which employs them?  Given that the organization is an abstraction itself incapable of loyalty, to offer it any would be inappropriate at best, pathetic at worst.

 

I can think of almost nothing in life less deserving of loyalty than a corporation.  The very notion is grotesque.  Just thinking about it makes me want to take a long, hot shower, using a hand mirror to check for logos in places I can't easily see.

I agree 100% and the idea that any company actually cares about their customers any further than making money is really just a fairy tale.

 

The passion some people show to a brand/product is quite sickening and the hatred towards other brand/products is equally pathetic.

post #101 of 149

No willing to leave Apple even after Death :)lol.gif

post #102 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

21% is actually very good. That's obviously a very good chunk of the high end of the intelligence bell curve. At the other end are Android users who would eat your face off, beard or not. :-)

I am forgetting how many folks are new to Apple. I still tend to think in terms of Apple users as being long term users. I'm sure of those the number would almost 100% that wouldn't switch at any price.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #103 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

 I just hate Microsoft.  I hate Microsoft because of Vista.
 

 

 

 

That is not a good reason to hate a company.  One product, which is no longer made, is trivial.

 

I hate M$ because of their attempts to stifle innovation in the mid to late 1990's, most especially their antitrust violations and attempts to kill Netscape.  If not for M$, then consumer computer technology would have advanced much more quickly during that era.

post #104 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post


These are the reasons why Mac sales are so low.  There is little reason for people to bother with it.

How do you explain Mac sales outgrowing the industry? How do you explain Mac OS increasing against Windows, not shrinking? How do you explain the growth of the iPhone and iPad if the technology they had previously was too much trouble to switch from?

I hope that Apple has a new Mac campaign on the ready because I think ML is great for users and an easy transition for iOS users. On top of that Win8 is a very disjointed system between the standard UI, Metro, ARM and Intel versions. I think people will be confused and unhappy. Even more so than with Vista. Apple needs to capitalize on that.

Will make them have half of MS's PC OS user base? Absolutely not! That simply won't happen when it's Apple v. all the PC OEMs. For Apple to have slightly over half the PC OS sales means they have to have over half the PC HW sales. Apple already takes 1/3rd of all PC profits worldwide with 10x the percentage they will have nearly all of it. It's simply not a possibility which is why an OS used by hundreds of vendors, and free to boot, should be trouncing Apple and yet between Android and iOS Android is still barely ahead.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #105 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

 

 

For me it's about having the best of both worlds I guess.

 

 

Careful there, or else you will blow some minds.  

 

Those who think in black/white are not able to admire the beauty of a rainbow.

post #106 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post


It is the law of small numbers.  10 times almost nothing is still almost nothing.  OTOH, 1.1 times a huge number is still a huge number.

If you look only at one factor, "10 vs. 1.1", then you are impressed.  If you look at the magnitude of the other number, then not so much.


Not in the cellphone market.  There, Android outsells iOS around 3:1.

Twice in one post you've foolishly compared Apple's HW to an OS. You've even gone one step farther by saying that all of Apple's IOS ecosystem and platform is irrelveant and that only the iPhone HW should be used when compared to the Android OS platform and ecosystem. Well done¡

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #107 of 149

To not base ones purchase based on what the product has to offer vs. its competition is a clear sign of a fool.
 

post #108 of 149

> "Android is barely ahead"

 

LOL.  You better check your facts.  In the smartphone world, Android is approaching a 3:1 ratio.  In the tablet world, yeah, iPad is clearly the victor.
 

post #109 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Maps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Unless they get that public transit scheduling under control it could be a game changer for me. I use the maps feature all the time and the new Apple version does not look so good to me. I don't need turn by turn or 3D fly over ( I have turn by turn in all my cars). I like a lot of detail in both standard and satellite view as well as Street View and Google delivers a nice map solution in my opinion. I also like the map API that allows me to create my own maps with my own points of interest, import kml files and graphical annotations and publish it to the web. Not that the later customization features really affect a mobile device but it is nice to have one integrated platform to work from. I see Apple's abandonment of Google Maps as a net negative for the iOS ecosystem.

I don't see one app making or breaking a platform for a lot of people. Besides, isn't Google going to provide their own iOS Maps app? I recall they are. Until we know for sure otherwise, I don't think that's truly going to be a problem for you, much less the customer base as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Phone is a galaxy nexus. I love the larger screen and stock google experience got an iPad last month. My computer is a custom made box with an Asus motherboard, Amd processor (Best performance for you buck) and video card, Western digital hard drive, Cooler master case, with a rosewell power supply. I run unbuto most of the time except for games and netflix, then its windows 7. I give my money to who ever has the superior product when I walk into the store.

You walk into a store to buy those parts? Wow. In the PC parts ecosystem, I just don't see where you're getting the best parts in retail, the depth and breadth of selection is usually lacking. Retail is a fall-back position for me, where I need a part today, rather than being able to wait a day or two.

Last month, I assembled a computer out of parts for the first time in a decade, and frankly, the situation hasn't improved very much, bad documentation with copious engrish still tops the list, even on some of the name brand parts. The front panel indicator connector system should have been replaced a decade ago.
Edited by JeffDM - 6/30/12 at 8:55am
post #110 of 149

I couldn't have said it any better!

 

I vote with my money.  If a company makes a product that I want and at a price that I'm willing to pay and without compromising the quality of the product then that company will get my money.  I still don't own a tablet.  At one point I thought about getting an iPad and then I decided to get an ASUS Transformer Prime but now my first tablet will be a Nexus 7 and my second tablet will be an ASUS TF700.  In addition, I will phase out my two Apple TVs with Sony NSZ-GS7s and when my iMac dies it will be replaced with a computer that I am building.

post #111 of 149

Sorry, my comment was in reply to Apple v. Samsung's original post.
 

post #112 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Fair enough and obviously you are entitled to your opinion and will vote with your purchases. I will be happy enough to move to another product if it suits me, brand loyalty is really for children, it's about what product suits your purpose at the time.

 

Not sure what you mean by your last sentence though. Companies really only care about one thing from my point of view.

 

I think we may have different understandings of the term 'brand loyalty." You seem to suggest that it refers to blind devotion to a particular brand due entirely to some irrational sentimental attachment. While I acknowledge there's a kernel of truth in there, I think it's important to consider what the company did to earn the user's loyalty in the first place. Apple has earned my loyalty while their competitors have earned my distrust.

 

I don't consider an iPhone just a phone. It's a part of an integrated ecosystem that works great for me and keeps me happy. I had a broken iPhone replaced and within 30 minutes all my settings, apps, data, preferences, passwords, bookmarks, etc., were restored over wireless internet without any hassle. It was as if the phone had never been replaced. Pretty sure no other phone can do that - certainly not as easily. Same or similar experience would occur if it were an iPad or if buying a new MacBook. Effortless data transfer and synchronization. I'm selling my 4 year old MacBook on ebay for around $800. Pretty sure a 4 year old Dell has zero resale value after 4 years, assuming it's still working. My Airport router practically set itself up, and the Airport Utility configuration app is ridiculously easy to use compared with the prehistoric html-based settings screens provided by Dlink or Linksys. Even tiny little details like on OSX when I am renaming a file, the OS automatically selects the filename for editing without also changing the file extension. On Windows this same task requires you to tediously deselect the file extension first. Seems silly, but when you're in a hurry that annoying extra step is infuriating. Nobody else pays such attention to such small details. individually they seem minor but cumulatively they add up to an enormous difference.  

 

Do you think you're Google's customer? Do you think you're Facebook's customer? You're not. You are the product they're selling to advertisers. The advertisers' interests come way before yours. Similarly do you think Microsoft thinks of you as their customer? Their customers are the enterprise IT buyers and PC makers who license Windows. How about Samsung, Nokia, RIM? They serve the mobile carriers first and you last.

 

As a publicly held corporation, Apple is responsible to their shareholders. But they've repeatedly demonstrated that they will increase the company's value in their own way by putting the customer first, and resisting retarded Wall Street pressure to make shortsighted decisions that would hurt their product, their customers and their long term success. Can't say the same for too many other corporations...

post #113 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Are you suggesting that Android fans aren't just as rabid or worse? The person you are commenting about is on a public forum which is on a website dedicated to Apple.
I expect wildly enthusiastic Apple fanaticism on a website dedicated to Apple.
I don't expect widely enthusiastic fanaticism about competitor products and services on a website dedicated to Apple yet we see that theme played out time and again. To what purpose?
What of those wildly enthusiastic fanatics of Apple competitors on supposedly unbiased websites?
Are there hordes of wildly enthusiastic Apple fanatics who are compelled to post in forums of websites dedicated to Apple competitors? I just don't see this absurd phenomenon by Apple fanatics on websites dedicated to Android.
There seems to be a double standard. Which company has fans which are more fanatical and self affirming (afflicted by a reality distortion field)?

No, I didn't intend to imply that.  I've been to a few sites where the Android fans are much worse.  I would certainly expect folks that frequent this site to be extremely pro-Apple, it's just the "if you don't use Apple products you're a moron" mentality that I occasionally see that annoys me.  I don't get why being pro-something has to mean you're also anti-something else.  I like iOS and Android both...both have come up with some really good ideas.  And I agree with you - there certainly shouldn't be a double standard.

post #114 of 149

...and 100% likely they are sheep. Bah!

 

I love my Apple devices, but if something better came along, I'd leave. 

post #115 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


I think what you don't understand s but for iOS androids would have plastic keyboards and look like BBs.

 

 

Android_before_after_iphone_tekgadg.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320809333019

post #116 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

The passion some people show to a brand/product is quite sickening and the hatred towards other brand/products is equally pathetic.

 

 

Both are well earned by years of experience.

post #117 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post

> "Android is barely ahead"

 

LOL.  You better check your facts.  In the smartphone world, Android is approaching a 3:1 ratio.  In the tablet world, yeah, iPad is clearly the victor.
 

 

 

Android is "ahead" in large part due to the many low priced models they sell and also because salespeople are incentivized to push them over iPhones. With tablets, there is no mobile contract, therefore no mobile phone salesperson incentivized to push the inferior product, hence the iPad's complete domination of the tablet market. (Not counting Kindle, since that's really a separate product category)

post #118 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

How is Apple's ecosystem better than Android's?

There are hundreds of examples one could potentially marshall to show how Apple's vertical business model provides the most integrated, seamless, robust software/hardware ecosystem in consumer tech today. 

 

But pay no attention to that. Pay no attention to the fact that everyone and their dog in the industry is trying to copy it. Pay no attention to the fact that Apple's ecosystem inspires long lineups and breathless anticipation. Pay no attention that whenever the "competition" released a new device, consumers, pundits, and really the entire industry hurries to compare it to the Apple product it most resembles (that is running Apple software.) Stuff like that doesn't happen by accident. But just forget all that. 

 

And DO pay attention to the Consumer satisfaction reports released year after year, that put Apple - ALL of their products (that just so happen to run Apple software) - right at the top of the rankings, if not way, way ahead of whoever is in the #2 position, year after year. 

 

Then sit back and connect the dots. If you *still* can't understand it after all that, well . . . RIM could always use another suit to sit on their board. While it lasts. 

post #119 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverx View Post


Android is "ahead" in large part due to the many low priced models they sell and also because salespeople are incentivized to push them over iPhones. With tablets, there is no mobile contract, therefore no mobile phone salesperson incentivized to push the inferior product, hence the iPad's complete domination of the tablet market. (Not counting Kindle, since that's really a separate product category)

The post you are responding to is blatantly misleading. Google Android-based smartphones do not enjoy a 3:1 advantage. The only 3:1 advantage is enjoyed by Apple.

Smartphone OS Market Share: 53% Android to 29% iOS which isn't even 2:1

Tablet OS Market Share: 58.2% iOS to 41.1% Android

Smartphone OS Profit Share: 75% Apple to doesn't really matter since it is 25% at best and the percentage is spread across Google, HTC, Huawei, Samsung, ZTE and others.
post #120 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

The post you are responding to is blatantly misleading. Google Android-based smartphones do not enjoy a 3:1 advantage. The only 3:1 advantage is enjoyed by Apple.
Smartphone OS Market Share: 53% Android to 29% iOS which isn't even 2:1
Tablet OS Market Share: 58.2% iOS to 41.1% Android
Smartphone OS Profit Share: 75% Apple to doesn't really matter since it is 25% at best and the percentage is spread across Google, HTC, Huawei, Samsung, ZTE and others.

Do a platform comparison and Android drops even farther down.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 21% of iOS users say they wouldn't leave Apple at any price